Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i WILL be kicking and screaming...saying

WHERE'S THE EXIT? IWANT OOOOOUUUUT!!! I had a great bkfst and lunch. for bkfst, i had a cold cheeseburg on my lc bread with just 1/2 tsp regular ketchup-about 2 grams, probably less. For lunch i had between 2 slices lc toastv the following: 1.5 nova salmon (wild), 1 slice tomato, shredded lettuce, 3/4 oz cream cheese, 1 oz extra sharp cheddar. Tonight i am saute-ing some veggies along with 5 chinese ribs. (psst... they really do not speak chinese at all...at least not a dialect i can understand.) FF

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Like Marilee said yesterday, I am still trying to make good choices everyday. It has been 16 days now that I have managed to stick to low carb eating. I sure feel better about myself and am very greatful one day at a time not to have the carb eating monkey on my back. Hope I can lose another 5 lbs during the next 16 days!

Yesterday I had tuna salad on lettuce, some pork rinds, and made another lc lasagna with only 1/2 pound of ground beef in it per DH's request. He really likes that cream cheese-spinach combination and as picky as he is I will make it to his specifications. As long as I can keep a pack of frozen spinach in frig so it is defrosted I will make it often. Last night I had to defrost it which was a pain. Also had my coffee with cream and one tbl of coconut oil.

I am still in labeling I get the feeling I will be there for awhile unless they let me go first. Tony, I don't even want to think about what you would be writing on those jars. Ha Ha

Artemis, I read somewhere that if the ketostix are even turning just pink you are in ketosis. I like it when they show up dark purple but there is a reason for that which is not related to if you are in ketosis or not. So if they are just pink you can be excited too!

FF, I think you will be happy to be retired but I also think you will miss the camaraderie of working with a team. I would be looking for some kind of group you can meet up with that does not require having to get a car service or bus so you have people you can chat and joke with on a daily basis if possible. Is there a coffee shop nearby?

Tonight I help set up for the Christmas Bazaar at the school across form Church. It was either that or call people for donations to Grandma's Attic. This seemed easier to me. lol

Have a great Friday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 11-16-2012 at 02:41 AM..
Old 11-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #303

thanks for your concern, Abi

i will not be sitting home and sulking, to be sure. Home is a great place to come back to, but i would not wish to stay there 24/7. apart from my part-time job, i will be keeping busy, hitting the museums, and some other cultural pursuits;perhaps finding some friends at the WW meetings. There are limitless possibilities. I would do great at a church bazaar. I have been told how BIZARRE I truly am. Now for the good news. My sleeping patterns are as close to normal as I could have hoped. I wound up eating less last night than I had anticipated. The expectation was to eat 5 chinese ribs and saute some veggies. Well, we all know me on a weekday evening. I decided to get a HAPPY FAMILY from the Great Wall chinese take-out. After i devoured that, and allowing some time for the fiber to do its magic, I discovered I did not need the ribs. 4 hours later i consumed 1 oz of muenster cheese, thus saving 7 WW points. My total carbs for the day was 17 net carb grams (and i am not even on Induction), and 33 WW points. I am allowed 59. I am not going to forcefeed myself just to make my daily total. I am going to put the Lidocaine ointment to the test tomorrow a.m. as I shall be walking to the WW meeting. SUGGESTIONS: There is so much stuff on the LCF site that is both informative and often amusing. There are recipes galore to be found here. Sometimes I spend an entire evening on LCF alone. Check it out. F-91 days to go-F
Old 11-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
i agree with abi, ff, you are such a social creature - you should start finding social groups you can participate in so you do not get lonely and bored...you have so much to offer!

abs, i'm so proud of you for the 16 days!...i'm betting on you finishing the year/blitz strong!

you too, marilee...you are our leader this blitz - you are doing a good job maintaining - a couple of lbs. is no big deal...alter your plan if it is too restrictive to avoid going off too far...you don't have to have much to say to post in here - just look at me! :-)

this is day 9 (post-op)...hopefully, one of my sons can take me to get my hair cut at 2 p.m. cuz i made an appt. :-) i seem to be doing well...pt exercises 3 times per day, but they are not too demanding cuz of the surgeon's restrictions...

i may make some egg salad for lunch - that's as far as i've thought about food today!

see ya a little later...let's all have a great friday!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #305

just out of idle curiosity

i am challenging myself to see how many lbs i can drop between tomorrow's weigh-in (i do not always choose the same day owing to circumstances)and the last weigh-in just before 2/15/13. I will not be changing my program, except that i hope i will be able to increase my exercise, both cardio and muscle toning. What is MOST IMPORTANT is to ritualize those new disciplines that i am making part of me and that they become inGRAINED in me. Let us call it the FF Retirement Challenge, which i immodestly invite all to join. Today, I seem to be hungrier than usual, so i had better be careful. FF
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys, I finally weighed today and I am heavier than I thought I would be... 216.4. It is down 2.4 lbs from my last weigh in several weeks ago, but I guess Vicki was correct when she said not to expect to lose during the surgical recovery period...

Why is that, Vicki....I've been eating less, so am I packing on fluid....I'm curious...

Ff, sounds like a good challenge - count me in... ;-)
Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #307

okay, Tony...you are in.

Lunch was a salad (not much variety, but fresh and delish)which incl 1/2 oz shredded cheese, and 1/2 cup tuna salad baptized by 1 T blue cheese dressing (1/2 gram carb). tonight i will do the ribs . i will create some sort of lc bbq sauce, as those ribs will be 48 hrs in the fridge as of 7:30pm tonight. They need some help. so i shall mix (ad lib)WF bbq sauce, some chinese mustard, some lc ketchup, and lots of garlic. I think that should work. tonight i will be staying up late enough for Leno's monologue. I have coffee already in the pot. Sunday I will be in the house all day. there is a live performance of all 16 of Beethoven's string quartets. I will have it on in both rooms, as i shall be doing some house work all over the place. Also, some exercise. I will rest between sessions, but not too long. Tonight, i am gonna play with my jicama.Iit is still legal in NY State FF
Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

today:
b: greek yogurt with blueberries
l: egg salad on whole wheat toast
d: i'll be picking at buffalo wings, steak tips and baked stuffed shrimp
and lots of water
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
That is the inflammatory process taking place in which you will retain fluids. Plus you probably had several bags of IV fluids that your body is trying to absorb.

I am getting to the point of frustration and "who gives a crap". Well, what I mean is, you know New Years is just around the corner and of course there is the resolutions. I haven't made any in a few years. Maybe it is time to resolve that and try again.

Oh, what is this I hear about Hostess brand junk food, they went out of business and shut down, what a shame. Everyone run and get your last Twinkie. LOL

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #310

no, just saw on my msn home page....

Twinkies are safe! It would be the end of the universe, if Twinkies were no more. Of course, I shall not be consuming them for a while...a LONG while. Just finished dinner 10 minutes ago, and the fiber just reached the gastric area...kaboom. Nice and full. I might have a small snack in a few hours...I give it a 35% chance. My total WW points of the day were 33 out of the daily 59. Total carbs consumed is 21 net carbs. I always slightly inflate the total....just in case. I am sipping on some coffee with 1 level T of hwc. I am in Vienna at the Sacher Hotel right across from the Staatsoper. Guten Tag, Freunde und Freundinnen. That is what hwc in coffee does to me. Tomorrow is weigh-in. Then I shall be off to 5 Guys with my lc toast and lc ketchup. I plan to do quite a bit of walking tomorrow IF the lidocaine ointment does its job. I hope all my Blitzers have been following my strategic tips to ensure THE MOST SUCCESSFUL BLITZ to date. It is not about #s on the scale, although we hope to see them spiraling down. That is an end. It is the means to that end, with which we must concern ourselves. FF
Old 11-17-2012, 03:52 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Guten Tag to you also FF, meine freunde! I am excited you are posting your retirement count down in days now instead of months. Wow! It really is just around the corner. Your weekend sounds very enjoyable!

Vicki, glad we have a nurse on our blitz! That certainly makes sense why Tony is not showing more of loss yet.

Tony, I think you will wake up with a whoosh one of these days! The only suggestion I can make is to up your fat intake. Here is a good video interview with neurosurgeon and author Dr. Larry McCleary about coconut oil and other healthy fats that help heal brains and bodies and help with weight loss.
Did not eat dinner last night because I needed to get to the Christmas Bazaar set up. Was up a couple of oz yesterday but down 6oz today! Yesterday was free meal day at work and was pizza. I had the tops off two slices of sausage and pepperoni, had a few pork skins at break, coffee with cream and 1 tbl. of coconut oil.

Going to work on getting the turnip and butternut squash pealed and cooked today and then will pop in the freezer until Wed. night, and then thaw in frig for reheating on Thurs.

Hope everyone has a great Sat. I'll check back in later!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey abs, I'm pretty sure Vicki is a phd. ;-)

and Vicki, that makes sense...this is day10 post-surgery - do you have any idea how long the inflammation process generally lasts?...I do have some swelling in the leg - not too too much...I was given several bags of I've fluids but I figured I would have flushed those by now...thx for the info - I like to understand what is going on in my body...

Abs, congrats on the loss...my friends from upper dummerston rd are coming out to visit me today...I have been a big brother to Jamie since we met in college and I couldn't believe how worried he was about me during this whole surgery thing...very cute...he is making me some Italian braised beef dish, which I'm sure will be delicious...

Ff, hope the feet hold up and you get to do some walking today...I bet you will love your ww results today!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday...
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Finally got through my week! Whew didn't know if I'd make it but I did. Still in the pink zone on those sticks and losing steadily now that I have increased my fats. I have been using an online app (not sure if I'm allowed to mention the exact one) to keep track of my fat, protein, and carbs. It is so handy for someone who is busy. And, once you plug something in once you can just go to your recent choices and click on it, no need to put all the info in there again. And, it has tons of things already in there so you can just do a search. I have been shooting for fat 60-80%, protein 15-20%, and carbs whatever's left but less than 10%. I've been making a challenge/game out of it and dare I say it's actually starting to be fun.

I wanted something different this morning for breakfast and I have more time on Saturday mornings to play with new recipes so I tried the one minute flax muffin. Why have I not had one before? Those things are great! Taste good and full of fiber. I had mine with some butter and local honey.

Tony, I totally agree with Vicki it's probably inflammation. Also, your body has been through trauma so it's probably trying to hold on to what it can as a protective response. Keep up the good work and I'm sure it will be off in no time!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Oops, sorry Dr.Vicki! I remembered you taught college classes to nursing students so knew you were very knowledgeable with all things health related.

Tony, your college roommate is so nice to drive over to NH to check on you and bring you a delicous meal.

Artemis, I love one minute muffins too! Have made them with flax meal and also almond meal. I like mine best with just butter on them. Have also had them with cream cheese and sugar free jelly.

Heard yesterday that our competitor had just laid off most of their temps and seasonal employees. So I am wondering if our countdown has begun.

Oh, well, as I tell the other 2 temps "take it one day at a time".
Old 11-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #315

i dropped 0.4 lbs for the week.

so, i am now 331.2. it does not mean a thing. the scale will catch up with the rest of me. It will be interesting what the 2/14/13 weigh-in will be. I did about a mile today.I will have to shmear the lidocaine over a wider area of the soles of the feet. I fix one part, and another part flares up. It ain't easy being me. The rest of this weekend's exercise will be in- house. Now for the BIG NEWS! I may not even buy a turkey breast!!! That SALAD BAR place is showing no signs of wear or tear from Sandy. I tried to get the poop, but the fellow at the cash register had problems understanding English. $$$ he speaks fluently. Anyway, I got myself a nice salad (enough for 2 times). In the hot section there were beautiful slices of turkey breast. As it was just about 1PM, and I had consumed nothing but a small coffee, I made a small container of 4 oz turkey, and almost 4 oz of sliced sausage plus some sauted veggies. WW points were 16, and carb grams (figuring a few grams in the sausage and sauce which was stuck to the food)about 7. But I shall rounf up to 10, just to be on the safe side.I used experience plus logic and common sense to come up with the points and grams. I ate it on one of the tables they provide outside. I tried eating it as slowly as I could, but I was REALLY hungry. So, I am coming back on Wed, to get a nice container of turkey slices, AND there fall off the bone ribs. I put them in paper towels to remove as much bbq sauce as possible, and count a few carbs per portion. You can see how serious I am this time around. What I CAN say is that my belt, one month ago, was more ornamental than functional, but is now more functional than ornamental. Artemis, so glad you are making your plan fun. FUN is what will keep us on plan and get us to LIFETIME MAINTENANCE. FF
Old 11-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

FF, that will be so satisfying and economical to just buy exactly what you are in the mood for on Wed. No messy hot kitchen, no dirty dishes! Want to trade places? I have had some foot problems in the past. I had a bone spur that the xray showed on my heel and sticking into my arch. Ouch. I was a custodial supervisor at The Beach Club in Gulf Shores and had to walk miles everyday inspecting more than 7 buildings. I know it does not feel good to have pain in your feet. Hope the linocaine works well for you!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #317

it seems that even if it is a hangnail that hurts,

that hangnail becomes the center of the universe. Last night's impromptu lc bbq sauce still tasted too much like WF bbq sauce (not that there is antything wrong with that).To the remainder, I shall add another packet of chinese mustard, 1 or 2 T of Jewish deli mustard, and a little more lc ketchup, and more garlic and freshly cracked black pepper, oh, and a whisper of liquid smoke. That is more than enough for the remaining 5 ribs. F-freshly cracked-F
Old 11-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #318
Blabbermouth!!!

blush, blush, no Dr. LOL or pHD HA.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, Vicki, you are as smart as a doctor... ;-).

Ff, congrats on the loss...you'll be in a new decade in a week or so - nice job bro...

Abs, dont worry about what might happen...I think not knowing is half the fun in life...you may just as easily be working in a permanent ft position next week...keep your chin up....btw, any nibbles on moms house?...

Artemis, I think it's cool how you are making a game out of your food choices...keep us posted...and thanks for the info on inflammation....I've been reading up on it and it makes sense...

Great day today...my friends visit was fun and I took them out to an Italian restaurant tonight...had veal parm and brought the pasta home...I'm feeling good - my buddy's wife is a pt and couldn't believe my stamina today...

I am getting better every day!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #320

you sound very upbeat, Tony!

who is cooking TG dinner? After the surgery, my blood glucose, and temp fluctuated quite a lot. It is the shock to the system which any surgery is. My updated bbq sauce was TO LIVE FOR! It had just enough tang (although there was no orange in it hahaha),& complemented those 72 hr old ribs beautifully and brought them back to life, so that I could kill them again. FF
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha, FF. "Tang" that brought back memories. We loved that stuff as kids. I'm sure I couldn't stand it now. Glad your sauce concoction worked well on the ribs!

Tony, you are really doing amazing on your recovery. You have been a real inspiration to us on how to meet a very challenging procedure head on. I wonder how many people go through all that exercising and pt before hip surgery. They will probably write you up in future medical journals!

I got my turnips and butternut squash pealed, cooked, and whipped up. They are now in the freezer until Wed. Has anyone here ever pealed a butternut squash or tried to cut into one? You know it is like trying to cut into a concrete wall! I dread it every year. This year instead of pealing the whole thing and cutting it into chunks to boil I managed to cut the two I had in half, poured olive oil over them and put them face down on a foil covered baking sheet. I roasted them at 400 for an hour. The pealing came right off like paper and the insides were tender as a mother's love. Then later I saw some people cook them like that whole and they don't expode in the oven. lol Will have to try that sometime!

Vicki, is the job going any better this week? Still considering looking for something else?

Hey Marilee! How is your weekend going? What is the temp in Phoenix right now? Cooling down some?

Artemis, hope you have caught up on your rest this weekend. Did you experiment with any new recipes?

Jenny, how is the hcg weight loss coming along?

I had 3 helpings of spinach lasagne yesterday. Down 4 oz but all that spinach must have kicked me out of ketosis. Either that or those strips were so old the tail end in the bottle were not any good. Just glad I am still moving in the right direction. Also so thankful I am not suffering right now with the compulsion to overeat.

Have a great Sunday Blitzers. I will check in with you all later.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thx guys, happy I am setting a positive example for one way to approach a medical intervention like this...I am so so happy I was proactive about the pre-surgery pt - I know that helped immensely - but I was suffering so much at the end of August, I think I did it more out of desperation than anything else...nevertheless, it worked!

Ff, I was spiking a low grade fever up and down for several days - something between 97.3 and 100.6 - but that has resolved...for the first two days after surgery, they would not let me eat, and my blood sugar spiked over 200 and they gave me a small amount of insulin each day...on day 3 once they let me start eating, my blood sugar dropped right down to normal...

Dw and I will make tg dinner...I will limit myself to the stuffing, carving and eating this year... ;-).

Abs, congrats again on another loss..You are an inspiration on how patience and perseverance pay off! I hate turnips, but love butternut squash....I think we try to buy the pre-peeled, bagged bns...either that or we break out the chain saw!...spinach is soooooooooo good for you..never worry about how much of it you are eating, girl...enjoy that lasagna!

Another beautiful day in nh today....I will be out and about somewhere as I have a driver...lol...I get cabin fever when I'm stuck inside these days...

Lets all have a great day!!!

Last edited by tony8; 11-18-2012 at 05:30 AM..
Old 11-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

I made another round of the jello whip yesterday with orange flavored jello. Boy, it tasted just like a creamsicle ice cream bar. Amazing! I managed to get a 4 mile hike in yesterday too which I so desperately needed.

I made another 1 min muffin this morning for breakfast and added sf maple syrup. I am thinking of a lot of other possibilities with this....like putting in some cocoa and making it chocolate mmm

I have a wedding shower to go to this afternoon for a good friend at work. I am making mini quiches. I should probably make them all crustless and save myself the hassle, but I figure everyone else would enjoy the crust so I am making some of both (with and without) so that I am sure to have something to eat at the party. I better start making them now because I also have to clean house. I didn't get a chance yesterday because I was shopping for the shower gift and my dad's birthday gift. Actually, I feel like staying in my pj's all day but I already promised I'd be there.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey artemis, where did you go hiking yesterday?...there are some nice places around nashville to hike...the mini quiche's sound nice...dw makes crustless quiches, but hasn't in awhile - i think i'll request some today...thanks for the idea! :-) hope you have fun at the shower...

i've been craving fried chicken too and may allow myself some today...
Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #325

waiting for my chef salad. it is on its way.

i am going to save the 2 small sesame breadsticks for TG. I will use celery, and sliced almonds for the crunch factor. Tonight, I will be the 5 Guys, making my own 2 patty cheeseburger on 2 slices lc toast, with a little mayo, and lc ketchup.. On the side I, will use up the stir fry veggies. Boy, after 5 minutes in the saute pan, they shrink down to nothing. FF
Old 11-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

FYI to Abi, I sent out around 7 resumes to a couple of websites with links to job openings. I heard back from one place so far. Someone called and it was kind of a preinterview interview if that makes sense. So, we will see.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, yes, it makes sense that a company who was quite interested in you would pre interview you to get a feel for how qualified you were and also what your personality was like before going on to a full in person interview. Wishing you the best finding something a job that will be challenging and also make you satisfied with your job!

Artemis, how do you keep the mini quiches from sticking to the muffin pan? I always seem to leave too much egg in them when I try to get them out. I do use a supposedly "non stick " pan but still have a hard time.

Tony, you asked before if we had any nibbles yet on the the house. No we haven't. We had the one really low offer back at the end of the summer which my older sister and I said go for it, but the other 3 nixed it. The person that needed a place to rent has not made up their mind yet. They are having alot of personal problems they are trying to work out. Now that the leaves are off the trees there is such a pretty view from the west side of the house of the retreat meadow which looks like a lake, and then across to the Grafton Cheese factory and barns, and the ski jump up behind it. We just need the right person to see the value of its location!

FF, your chef salad last night has me thinking salad for lunch. Will do a tuna and mayo in bottom of bowl and put lettuce on top. Then mix it all together at lunch time.

No loss yesterday and up afew oz a day. This is how it has been from Nov. 1st. Up, down, up, down. I was still in ketosis yesterday. Must have been a bad stick. Showed deep purple later in the day and also this morning. I had eggs, bacon and one sausage link yesterday. We went over to the school for breakfast where the Christmas Bazaar was being held. Men of the parish were doing the cooking. Had spinach lasagna for lunch and pork rinds with sour cream dip for dinner. Coffee with cream, one tbl of coconut oil and one glass of diet soda.

Hoping you all have a great Monday!

Last edited by Abigale; 11-19-2012 at 01:20 AM..
Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #328

i had the chef salad in the late afternoon

so. i did not bother with the burgers. at 8 pm, i had my usual snack of 2 slices of muenster cheese with 1/2 tsp sugar free jelly on it and a Faygo diet choc soda. I am not hungry yet, which is good news, as I will not have access to food till 1 pm. I do have some extra sharp cheddar, 2 oz of which I shall have on my morning break at about 10:30am. Meanwhile, there is coffee, water, and diet soda. I will survive. FF
Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good luck on the job search, vicki!

abs, i would think this would be the busiest time of the year at the candle factory, and that it would taper off after the new year...i guess i don't know much! :-) my friends brought me some cheese from the grafton cheese company the other day and we visited there when i was in brattleboro a few months ago - they have a lot of samples!...good luck staying on plan today and dropping those few ounces tomorrow...

ff, good job saving the burgers for another day...you are doing so well with only eating what you NEED...

i am now into a crazy week...the days are full of pt and nursing visits - on weds, the nurse should remove the surgical staples - not sure what to expect, but i'm sure it is not fun...i'll be happy to be rid of them, though...

i am doing the exercises every day and all my vitals are good so i see no need for nurses or pt visits until they let me do pt in the office...i hate to bother my boys to bring me to in-office pt but i'm getting antsy...

then sarah flies in weds which will be great!...and i surprised dw by ordering a new front-loading, low-water using washing machine...we have been washing clothes at the laundromat for a couple of years because our washer broke and our septic system was failing, but i had the system rejuvenated this summer and the washers they have now use so little water that we can do it at home again...they are delivering/installing on weds...

craving hot dogs today so will make those for dinner - yogurt and leftovers for breakfast and lunch, i think...

hope everyone stays strong these few days before "eating day"...
Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

The party was pretty good after all. Lots of LC choices including chicken kabobs and roasted veggies. So I ended up eating more calories than I intended. My hands are puffy this morning so I didn't weigh. No doubt because of sodium. When you don't cook something, you have no idea how much sodium is in it, and I am ultra sensitive. So I will stick with high fat and low cal for today and drink lots of water and maybe weigh tomorrow.

Abi, they do stick a lot! I try to use a lot of nonstick spray (I have also tried butter and CO but that just seems to cook into it and not really keep it from sticking). The ones I made yesterday only had minimal sticking and it was mostly on the very bottom so no one noticed once they were placed on a tray. And they were all eaten! You could also probably try those mini muffin wrappers, but I bet you'd need to spray the inside of that too to keep the egg from sticking to the paper.
Closed Thread