Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SHORTIES - Sweaters & Pumpkins - October is here!

New Month! And my birthday month is over!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 04:25 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

Great birthday week!

DD had us over for homemade butternut squash soup and the Packer game.
Also - DSIL refinished my grandmother's table for me for my birthday. I will post a pic on FB later tonight - it turned out beautiful. DH spoiled me as well......Now back to reality!

Happy Monday all - busy week ahead!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Cindy, sounds like a wonderful birthday.

I have to work today. Yesterday was a nice day for 12 hours just long.

Can't believe it is October already!!
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #4

Cindy, I love the picture with your girls.

My post was cut off on Saturday. Not getting much computer time and typing on the phone not always the best.

Mirsa starts student teaching today. I think my son will be taking the baby and picking her up from daycare. She is used to having her mom teach her class. The women who helps her is due to have a baby in December so Mirsa got her student teaching changed to the first semester and the second she gets credit for her work at the day care as they have lesson plans and she is lead 2 year old teacher. Even when she graduates she isn't leaving The Taylor School where she works now because she gets daycare for $500 a month and if she didn't work there it would be much more expensive. The money made in the public school would then go to day care. The plan is to stay there till they have a second and they are both in Kindergarten. Wish I could watch their kids so they didn't have day care expenses but I need to work too. Plus it is better to be in a environment with other kids and where they learn.

I have a busy week. Tomorrow I have PT and need to color my hair and grocery shop. I also need to catch up on everything I haven't done around here. I have track tomorrow night and then dinner after to celebrate two friends birthdays. Wednesday is the White House event for my husband's association. It is a summit on health care for seniors. Thursday I have PT again and I am getting hair and brows done. Then back to work Friday.

Saturday night we have an engagement party and I need to buy a gift. Won't be much down time this week or next.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
New Month! And my birthday month is over!

ANYWAY . . . morning!!

Cindy - sounds like a great birthday!!

Debbie - And you're busy this week too!

I have RIP this morning, then a PEO meeting, grocery store, bank, and a Catholic Identity meeting at the High School at 5:30.
Then to my friend's house for the T-shirt quilt at 7:00.

I'm already tired!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Morning,
We spent the weekend with DS19. It was fun to see his campus, take him out for 3 meals a day and watch a lot of water polo. There were a lot of parents in for the weekend so we got to meet quite a few people including his room mates mom.

Need to get DS15 out the door, I'll BBL to chat.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #7

Wow Kelly didn't know you came east this weekend. I saw photos on FB and the campus looks wonderful.
Better go get my shoes on and go off to work. Mondays are never easy. yesterday was easy so today I will be pay but only 8.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Cindy... M birthday month and then when Oct over is over I'll hand it on to Debbie!!!!

Just got a cool Caboodles traveler for my makeup and Mary Kay stuff for the trip. I got some Garnier Dark Spot corrector that I've seen advertised on tv. Clinique has one too but the small one is 49.99, this one was $14.95 and of it works then I'll be happy!

Waiting for Gracie. Debbie, that's why we took Alyssa out of daycare cuz all of Kim's money was going to daycare. I'm glad Gracie is old enough for preschool now so she can be with kids and learn some stuff. Even though I work in a daycare, I am not thrilled with them. I was in the 2 year old room and I wouldn't want ether of my girls with my coworker!!!! And she puts a good show on for the director and parents but behind the scenes isn't good! I've seen teachers in all 3 that I've worked in that I would trust with my girls and some I wouldn't trust an animal to!!!! We have a couple of excellent teachers now but there's like 2 that I would like to see leave!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Hit send too soon. Kim's going to the doc at 1:00, she can walk on her foot but there's something weird with it. SHe's going to ask for an MRI.

I hear the door... Be back later!!! I hear Kim saying "carry of straight so it doesn't spill". Ooooooo, Starbucks!!! :-)
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm back...

We had a great time visiting DS19. We flew out bright and early Thursday and with lay overs and a drive from Buffalo to his campus got there just before he got out of practice. My parents drove up for the weekend as well and pulled in at the hotel just as we were finishing checking in. We took DS19 out for dinner and then back to our hotel to grab the stuff we brought him, like winter clothes and home made fudge. (as well as stuff to go on his walls)
He has a light academic day on Fridays so we were able to spend most of the day with him Friday before his game and we were able to chat with his (grad asst) coach that is from here after Friday night's game. Saturday he showed us around campus before his games and the team had a BBQ between games and there was an adorable wine festival across the street from the pool that we wandered through too. There were a lot of parents in for this weekend's games so it was really nice to meet several of his team mates and their parents too.

DS15 spent the weekend at his best friend's house and I think he had a lot of fun without us.

Needless to say, I didn't stay on my eating plan while we were away, but I didn't do too bad either. I had some fudge and kettle corn at the wine festival (no wine though, it was expensive AND the lines were super long) deep dish pizza one night when we were in a hurry to get DS19 back for his game and a burrito with a flour tortilla at the airport. But, all in all, it could have been much worse. Back on plan today.

Becky, so, what did Kim bring you from Starbucks?
We were so lucky with daycare when our boys needed it. DS19 was everyone's little angel and the teachers in his room spoiled him rotten. He knew they loved him. Of course, by the time DS15 came along his big brother already had the entire daycare staff wrapped tight around his little finger so it was easy for his little brother. (we still have the huge stuffed animal that the day care teachers gave me for DS15 when he was born)

Debbie, I'm just funny about posting when we're going to be gone in advance. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

MK, sounds like a busy day. I'm playing catch up today.

Cindy, glad your b-day week was a good one. Can't wait to see the pic of your table.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Kelly... An iced coffee, black with just a little ice the way I like it. And a pumpkin muffin I've wanted for 5 weeks now and never can get it cuZ it's sold out. I had help eating it so I didn't eat the whole thing. Lol.

Kim's going to have an MRI done, don't know when and of course once I leave I'm not available til Tuesday cuz we have an all day training that's required!!!! Bad timing!!! It would be nice if she could get it done Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon. If she could get it some on Thursday I wouldn't be opposed to waiting to Leave til she gets it done. Just a very bad week!!!

Bbl...
Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Haircolor ready to come off
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
Long day over!

Becky - I hope Kim's MRI is OK.

Kelly - You can tell us you're leaving town - just don't put it on FB!

Debbie - how was work?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Phone are my post. Typed part of it and went to put the dishes in the dishwasher, came back, it was there and then gone in an instant. Grrr.

Gotta get to bed, 5:00 a.m. comes early. I was on the computer over an hour researching hotels. The fallview ones jumped in price A LOT and the water softener took up a lot of our vacation money. Darn it!!! Decisions, decisions!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:05 AM   #15
Queen Bargain Shopper

Morning!
Yesterday was SO busy, got home, made dinner and DH wanted to go to a movie!
We went to see End of Watch with Jake Gyllenhal. I enjoyed it; most probably would not if you don't like cop movies/shows.

Now today it's 8-8 at work.....MS girls from like 9-1, then our open house on campus from 2-7. It will be a long day. As Debbie said - not much down time this week or next for me either.

Kelly - loved the pics on FB - looks like a lovely campus and glad you had fun.

Becky - what's the scoop on Kim's ankle?

Need to get on the treadmill......yesterday's step and sculpt class kicked my butt - and my KNEES!!!!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 10-02-2012, 04:35 AM   #16

Awake!!

PT at 9:30. Then I start errands and laundry.

Colored my hair last night. Wish I didn't have to wait till Thursday for brows and cut but she only works Thursday and Friday.i have gone to my stylist for at least 16 years.

Long day Cindy! I would have fallen asleep in a movie last night.

Becky, I have issues posting from my phone too. My iPad is fine. Weird because phone like a small iPad.

I hope Kim's ankle is IK. She must have had a bad sprain. That can be slow to heel and my need PT. hopefully her ligaments and tendons are intact.

Kelly, your son sounds like he is doing great! The campus is near Erie right?

MK,work was busy but it was only 8 hours.

Jenn, come back and update us.

Same with Kaye!

It is pouring out. Fall is here. Better get up and get ready for PT.

DH is off but has a ton to do. Since he works for a Jewish Not for Profit he is off Jewish holidays. It is Sukkah. It is not a holiday we celebrate. If we did it would be a party celebrating with dried fruit,nuts,wine and Temple.we were invited to a party but I was away when they scheduled it.

Oh and Becca is buying a second wedding dress. Means she is paying over $5000 for two. She will sell the first. She decided she wanted the one she liked at Kleinfelds in NY where Say Yes to the Dress is filmed. No one sells the brand here. She is paying herself. Crazy!!! My son struggles with bills and she should be helping as they live together.

On a happy note we are celebrating the birthdays of three friends after track tomorrow.

Will be a rainy wet track night.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #17
Queen Bargain Shopper

Oh No Debbie!
$5000 is a lot of money to spend.
I would struggle with that too. I struggle with DD's DF's family thinking we are doing to do ALL this stuff and DD has no desire to. She has already put her foot down and DF's Mom is not happy......oh well!

I am sore from head to toe - on my feet from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm yesterday - both events were successful. I think I want to skip weights today, but my friend may not let me......
Old 10-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #18
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Debbie - I have no basis for comparison on wedding dresses, but I hope it works out!
It seems like a lot of money!

Cindy - maybe lighter weights today! If you're lifting 3 days a week, you need to vary the intensity/!!

ALL the kids plus DS23's GF will be here this weekend!! I'm so excited!!
So, I'm cleaning and shopping!

DS23 and Emily will arrive on Saturday morning. Everyone else will be here Friday night.
The boys have haircuts and we have church on Saturday, plus I promised to make lasagna. It won't be Paleo, just dairy friendly.

Then on Sunday is brunch, family picture, cookout and DS23 will go back to Milwaukee.
His GF is on her way to an internship in New Orleans for 3 months!!! We're excited for her!!

DD26onSunday and DS20 will be here until Tuesday!!!

AND DS23 said Emily has been dropping hints about engagement rings! He told me last night he wants to see what happens with a job for her in the next year. He also thinks she needs to live on her own and pay her own bills for a while! Isn't he Mr Mature all of a sudden!!
He's come a long way!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #19

At the White House. Really the executive office building next door. Conference starts 10. We were here 7:15. Traffic not bad I guess. Very foggy.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hello Ladies!

Been busy, busy, busy!

I've been volunteering at Rhonda's school two days a week. Love it! I'm in the office and I really enjoy it!

House is a wreck. Going to be spending some time today getting it in order! Have a PTA meeting tonight. Was supposed to go to bell choir practice tomorrow night, but it's open house at the other kids school and they come first (even if we are playing Sunday!) Why does everything seem to happen on Thursdays? lol! Then Millie has Brownie Scouts on Friday and I have a Committee meeting for Cub Scouts (have to miss part of it, but not that big of a deal). Sunday will be my last popcorn show and sell (yea!). So glad that's almost over! Might try and color my hair today. We'll see. All depends on what time DH gets his lazy butt out of bed and goes to work! lol!

Kelly-where does your son go?

MK-Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful day!

Becky-How was Kim's MRI?

Cindy-Sounds like your DD has the right idea! In my case it was my mom who wanted a lot of stuff. I could not have cared less. So I wound up with a bunch of things I didn't like/want. To this day I tell my husband we should have eloped! lol! He agrees!

Debbie-That is crazy! $5000 is a lot of money! Even if she is going to sell one, she isn't going to get that much back.

I hear my husband moving around. Best get off the computer so it doesn't look like I've been sitting here all morning!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning-

DS19 found out last night that he doesn't get to come out with his team this weekend. He was disappointed, but not terribly surprised, since its an expensive trip it makes sense that the coach would bring a small roster.
He had already made other plans by the time we talked. I think his little brother was the most disappointed.

DS15 cracks me up, the kid is overflowing with confidence. He asked someone to homecoming yesterday afternoon by writing on the bottom of the pool with sidewalk chalk before the girls team got in to practice. Of course, one of her team mates posted pics to FB almost immediately so my mom knew before I did that he had a date for homecoming in a few weeks.

Becky, DS19 is only about 2 hours from niagara. We didn't realize he was so close until we were driving back to the airport and saw the signs. We'll go to see the falls on one of our visits when we take DS15 with us too and it isn't water polo season so DS19 will have more free time.

MK, I thought about emailing everyone here to let you know we were going, but just got busy and didn't ever send the email.
Sounds like you will have a terrific weekend with all of your campers coming home.

Cindy, a room full of MS girls and no drama, that has to be a success!!!
Be careful on the treadmill if your knees are bothering you.

Debbie, his campus is in Erie. It is a beautiful campus. It was nice to get a little touch of fall since its still really hot here.
It sounds like Becca wants a very over the top wedding. Like MK I won't shop for wedding dresses, but we do have friends that have either recently gotten married or are getting married soon and I've been amazed at the amount of money that gets spent.

Jenn, DS19 is at Mercyhurst. Its a small Catholic school and he is really happy. It was a good fit for him.
I have a lot of sports and parent group stuff to take care of too. I did at least ignore most of my emails last weekend while we were gone.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
Princess Proofreader

Had a great dinner - and I couldn't eat most of it - so I brought it home tomorrow!

I did have a Lemon Drop Martini and a glass of wine with dinner.

Hopefully i didn't derail myself too much!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:14 AM   #23
Queen Bargain Shopper

Glad you had a great dinner, MK!
And a houseful this weekend?

Supposed to get cold here this weekend.....yikes! A little early!

I only did treadmill yesterday......and I am working with a trainer, MK, so she changes things up all the time.

Wedding dresses can be very expensive. DD22 is having hers made - She is having some fancy lace done on the top (I don't know material) so spending more on that and then I think tulle on the bottom. Right now her quote is under $500. That is inexpensive.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #24

Becca is paying for her own dress. She decided he didn't want the one from Macy's. They won't give her money back. Each dress is around $2100-2200.

I meet her father Sunday. I think the kids are making the wedding reception as cheap as possible. She says they aren't a dancing family( go figure,orthodox Jews separate men and women when they dance). Jordan has a friend with a two piece band. I don't see this as a dancing band. Thy are doing unmanned stations. There is a minimum alcohol and things like hot mulled cider and donuts for the cocktail hour. She won't see DS before so they will do photos then. The tables are pretty old wood and won't be covered or have flowers. There are no assigned seats. The men ate wearing blue suits they will have to buy. He wants white shirts and orange bow ties. They aren't gong on a honeymoon right away. They can use her parents time share but there is some orthodox custom she wants to follow where you are wined and dined at friends every night the week after the wedding. That will be in Richmond. We have no input and we aren't paying other then helping DS buy wine and beer. We will buy his suit and his brothers. We will buy Isabella's flower girl dress and Mirsa's bridesmaid dress.

Oh and Becca wants silk flowers which I don't like.

We will pay for rehearsal dinner. They are staying in cottage on the sites grounds on the lake their wedding night.

My husband has told them we aren't paying for the wedding so we have no input.

I get hair and brows done today. I have PT at 2. I am supposed to meet friend to walk. I run tonight. I have laundry tilting writing to be folded. I also need to iron uniforms,pay bills, go to bank. Guess I need to get my butt up and start working or things won't get done. I also need anniversary card,gift idea and an engagement gift. I can wait till next week on anniversary but the engagement party is Saturday night.

Better get moving but feel lazy.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #25

MK, sounds like you will have a great weekend.

Having everyone home is special!!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #26
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

Debbie - so many interesting customs that I didn't know anything about! And I didn't remember that she is Orthodox. I've always heard the Mother of the Groom is supposed to wear beige and be quiet! I may have to learn that trick someday!

I'm looking forward to the weekend!!

Cindy - Good to know you have a trainer! She can modify whatever isn't working or make sure she changes it up!!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #27
Queen Bargain Shopper

It is interesting to hear how people do things differently.
As a mother of two brides....I am finding out how two grooms families are so different!

DSIL's family was wonderful to work with - we shared alot, they contributed quite a bit and that was the plan from the beginning. We worked together and enjoyed all the activities.

FSIL's family is being a pain. They are finding out DD is a pretty strong, independent woman and so are her mom and sister! The sisters are being PITA's about the bridesmaids dresses......DD couldn't have made it any easier......a dress, of your choice, short, neutral and cheap. I should send you all the guide she put together for her bridesmaids - it was so cute and all the other girls were so appreciative. It was adorable.......and the dress issue is just a small piece right now!

It will be interesting to share all of this while Debbie and I are going through it all together!!!

Work today, Starbucks first - then not sure what's up for the weekend......My parents are coming next Thursday for the weekend, so need to do some cleaning and cooking.........don't think with my Mom's issues, we will be out and about much.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #28

Busy day yesterday but got it all done. Now work today.

Need to go weigh myself. I use Friday as my guide.

I am so not involved with the wedding. Maybe that is the problem. I want a say but don't have one.

The only thing I didn't get to yesterday was the engagement gift. Will have to do it tomorrow before the 6pm party that is a good hour away.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #29
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - that could be interesting with the sisters as time goes by - Holidays might be really interesting!!

Debbie - I'm sure it's really hard to NOT be involved in the wedding - after all, it's your kid too!!

Kids coming home today!!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #30

I guess when my husband told my son we weren't paying for the wedding it meant no input. When they asked for us to go to the venue we couldn't as we had a party celebrating a friend's son's marriage. Next weekend they are going with her patents but we have the Half Marathon that day.

I am having a lazy morning and running behind!

MK enjoy the family weekend!!