Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Happy Halloween! I already had my first visitor today.... The whoosh fairy was here! 184.4! I weighed three times cause I couldn't believe my eyes!
Any of you dressing up for work or to take the kids out or hand out candy tonight?!
I am dressing up as Audrey Hepburn from breakfast at Tiffany's.
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
WOOHOOO! Look at you got BOOP!!!!!!!!!!

We need to see pictures of that girl!!!

I am just wearing my Halloween shirt and my earrings. I am handing out drinks at the house for all the little ones. My DS is helping me. DD is having 4 friends over. We are very excited here today. I gave all my coworkers double recees PB Cups! Of coarse, there is only 6 of us here! I am hoping DH (he works with me) shares 1/2 of his with me!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Awesome Boop! Congrats!

Halloween kind of snuck up on me this year. I'm debating going & buying candy to man the door or sneaking out for dinner leaving lights off... kind of sad... typically love love love Halloween.... hmmmm.... still pretty darned exhausted from our trip, though. We drove from CA to KS & back and I drove all night Saturday night, trying to make it home by Sunday night (way ambitious goal, but almost made it!) Then we broke down about 8 hours from home and had to wait for a tow truck, spend the night at a seedy hotel where I didn't sleep much, and finally got home early Tues morning due to friends picking us up on their way home in the middle of the NV desert... otherwise we'd still be there waiting for repairs. lol. Hubs & I drove my dear friend the rest of the way to her house before backtracking home (add another 6+ hours). Getting caught up on sleep, but still dragging... Hmmm.... excuses, excuses.... sigh... still not sure.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #214

What part of KS were you in Tami?? That's where I live! Your road trip back sounds like H E L L !!!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Topeka, Monica We were at the Capital Plaza Hotel & Kansas Expo Center for a week. Weather was gorgeous, tho a bit muggy, and then freezing! lol Oh, and breezy seemed to be the forecaster's favorite word. lol Sound familiar?
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #216

OH you were really CLOSE to me. I live in Lawrence just 25 miles east of Topeka! That is life in KS!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Awww... wish we could have said hi! Will be back there in 6 years. I'll look you up! lol
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Welcome home, Tami!!

I love the halloween picture, Zipp.

Boop, congratulations to you! Happy Halloween to the whoosh fairy!!

I am rocking maintenance right now. Life has just been too hairy to stay in WLM, but yesterday's DD got me back on track. Today's UD is shaping up to be much more dignified than the last one.

On that subject, and the subject of Halloween candy: Any children coming to my door tonight - if they dare - will be subjected to freshly-baked snickerdoodles. I didn't have the inclination (or the money) to buy them garbage-in-wrappers from the store this year.

How's that for scary?

Have a wickedly delightful day, my friends!!

Lynne

P.S. Scale said 164 this morning. I'm not speaking to it until it apologizes.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Yum... snickerdoodles! I'm thinking there are going to be some very happy parents in your neighborhood. Unless we knew the people we'd always decide that us parents could take chances with baked goods, but not the kids <gg> Like I said, Yum!

Happy Halloween all!
Old 10-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I'm on my third up day of JUDDD, and was happy to find that my weight was down a bit after less than a week of doing this WOE. I was very, very hungry during yesterday's DD and actually ended up doing more of a medium day, but I still got a bit of a whoosh after it. Since I often went for a month or longer losing no weight or just a pound on lowcarb/lowcalorie/moderate protein, I'm happy getting any result at all and hope this keeps up.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Svenskamae! Glad you've found something that is working for you! Hope those DD's get easier!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #222

Svenskamae - The DD's on JUDDD do get easier. Keep with it, it is an amazingly unrestricted plan!

Lynne - we had 250+ people come to our house last night. I ran out and had to quickly turn off the lights. Next year I will buy 300 of our drink jugs. Everyone loves them. I get many comments about how nice it is to have something to drink. Maintenance is a good thing girl!

Tami - No worries girl, I am sure in 6 years I will be right here waiting!

Had a great day yesterday. Everyone had fun. I love Halloween since it is just for the kids. I ate a few pieces of candy, it was an up day, no reason not to! FRIDAY-EVE everyone!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
I'm on my third up day of JUDDD, and was happy to find that my weight was down a bit after less than a week of doing this WOE. I was very, very hungry during yesterday's DD and actually ended up doing more of a medium day, but I still got a bit of a whoosh after it. Since I often went for a month or longer losing no weight or just a pound on lowcarb/lowcalorie/moderate protein, I'm happy getting any result at all and hope this keeps up.
I'm on my 3rd UD too. My weight is steadily heading down and I could not be happier. Surprisingly I haven't been too too ravenous which is what I was most afraid of. I, too, would go weeks & weeks without movement on the scale even following strictly low carb...so disheartening! I love that the beauty of this plan is so very forgiving...just work it girl, you got this!!

Monica, holy halloween! 250 kids! That's alot of kiddos!!

.....ok, now I'm hungry again....snickerdoodles...

Lynne, glad you're back on track!!

Down another 1.5 pounds... my energy is starting to soar, and I actually like the *empty* feeling from DD's..I know, I'm a dork.

Have a beautiful day ladies!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Down another 1.5 pounds... my energy is starting to soar, and I actually like the *empty* feeling from DD's..I know, I'm a dork.
You're not alone in this!! To me, a DD feels almost like having a good nap after a delightfully indulgent dinner. You get all the yummies...then a nice rest...and then more yummies after you've rested up.

Indulgence PLUS rest, repeated infinitely. All that, and btw you get to lose weight too!

I'm so enjoying my DD today. It doesn't feel like penance or punishment at all, just a day of...I don't know, reboot. It feels like reboot.

Zipp, 250+ kids at your house? If only you'd thought to charge admission!! I had exactly ZERO children at my house...well, except my son Gavin of course, who very much enjoyed the snickerdoodles.

The best part of the snickerdoodles is that half the dough is in the freezer! We'll get our fill of them this week, and then one day soon we can pull the dough out of the freezer and bake the rest.

Svensk, that extra-hungry DD followed by whoosh is very very familiar. You handled it like a pro.

One very clever JUDDD Buddd (Soren, maybe? Can't remember) keeps her 20%, 30%, 40%...etc. JUDDD calorie numbers as a note in her phone, so that if she finds herself extra hungry on a DD she knows how far up the percent-scale she can go to keep her DD on track (more or less) and still not go crazy. (If that made any sense.)

You probably picked this tip up on your JUDDD research reading already, but I thought I'd mention it just in case not.

Happy Thursday, everyone!!

Lynne

P.S. I've been reading a very very useful and interesting blog lately called Paleo for Women. I don't know if I can link to it (don't want to run afoul of LCF terms of service) but she talks about intermittent fasting (pretty popular in the Paleo community, I guess) and how it affects women. You can find it in her tags, or search on her site, or even google intermittent fasting and women.

Stephani (that's the blogger's name) has compiled some interesting research which explains why women doing IF-ing (like JUDDD) often get insomnia and/or that energy surge, or irregular periods. I've learned a lot just reading around her site.

The capsule? Fasting is stressful. Life is stressful. Women hang on to weight under stress, so the more you can reduce your body's perception that you're stressed (and it's real hard to lie to the "office manager"; she sees you when you're sleeping, she knows when you're awake.) the more you'll release the poundage.

That's not to say that fasting isn't good for women. Fasting is good, for all the usual reasons: longevity, weight loss, cancer prevention, etc. But. It's also a source of stress, and when fasting, the total amount of stress in our lives must be managed. Too much stress will actually work AGAINST our weight loss and health goals.

Food for thought, I thought.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #225

I wish my DD's weren't a struggle. My bloodsugar doesn't help. I think come maintenance, I will up my DD calories to 1000 and be done. These 500c days just about do me in while at work!

Lynne, that all is very interesting. Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #226

It's FINALLY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynne~ glad to know I'm not the only one! I chuckle to myself the last few days because I held off ever trying this plan because I was terrified of DD's and the prospect of "starving"! Silly me!

Monica~ Yes! I am so glad it's Friday! It was a long long week!!!!
I'm bummed to hear that DDs are a struggle for you. I am in awe that you continue to soldier on despite it, that is so inspiring to me!! Is there a way to up calories and continue to lose? Nothing worse than feeling crummy.

So after a great UD I was SO ready for a DD today. Went to bed feeling absolutely stuffed. Wildly I am down 1.5 pounds this morning.

Have a great day ladies!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Happy Friday!!! Been a long crazy week for me. Between a stressful week at work, and my son deciding it was time to get up at 3am two nights this week I am exhausted!
Good news is the scale is dropping. Weighed in at 183.4 today!! Not sure if its the fat bombs or the stress but either way I am claiming the number and hoping this downward trend continues!!! On the note of fat bombs.... They have been amazing treats this week while trying to avoid all the Halloween goodies!!!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Scale said 162 this morning. Apology accepted, my old scale friend.

Also? This morning the next size DOWN fits! Welcome size 14's!! Bye-bye baggy 16's, been nice knowing ya! I haven't worn size 14's since I was 17.

Monica, it's funny you should mention 1000 c. That's what I settled on for maintenance, the 50% level (mostly because it's easy to count.) 1000/2000.

Danielle, that's three pounds this week? Or more? Holy guacamole, good job!!

Everyone have a great TGIF Friday!!

Lynne

P.S. Hi Boop, we were cross-posting. WTG on the loss!! And sorry about the sleep interruption, I know that's the worst, hope that catches up soon!!

Last edited by lynne2u; 11-02-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #230

OH Lynne - look at that scale going down down for you! Way to go!!!!

Danielle - actually I had a whoosh last week and ever since, my DD's have been murder. Not sure if there is a correlation or what. I am only 9 pounds from goal. Not sure how all this goes together. I also have to watch my Bloodsugar closely on DD's, mine TANKS very easily. Thinking of trying the mini-meal/barbie meal plan! HMMM

Boop - your scale moving down too! WOOHOO! sorry about the lack of sleep. It gets worse, as they are older, you don't sleep because they aren't home YET!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Fantastic work, Lynne!!!! I started the plan last Sunday at 243.5. Today I'm at 237.0 Things are lookin up! Congrat's on those 14's, I cannot wait to get there!!!

Boop, great job on the loss! Sorry about stress and a kiddo with a mind of his own that's a toughie! Mmmmmmm fat-bombs, I love those things!

Monica, well whooshies are good too! There has to be a correlation somewhere, I've read others having the same issue.. and the fact that goal is just around the corner could be some consideration. You have done SO well on this plan it really gives me much motivation.

Scale's still moving, and I am not complaining.
I did go over my calories by about 100, but I survived. Really gotta not get in that habit tho, so reigning that in. There are really no excuses on this way of eating!

Dinner out tonight. It's an UD!

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Dinner out tonight. It's an UD!
...And life is good.

6.5 pounds in a week? And you still got to EAT sometimes? Woohoo!! I love JUDDD!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Scale says 161 this morning!!

Maintenance is working better than WLM, apparently. Yay for the magic of "eating more food", then!!

Remember a few months ago when I went on a cocoa roasted almond binge and lost 6 pounds in a week? Maybe it wasn't a fluke after all (I hope I hope I hope...)

Danielle, I think whatever you're doing is just perfect. 100 calories over? Great. It's working. JUDDD is a big flippin mystery in a lot of respects. Relax! Rotate! Reduce! Rejoice!...as Cindy says in her signature.

Actually...I'm starting to believe that RELAX and REJOICE are bigger players in the JUDDD magic than we might think to give them credit for. If 100 calories helped you to "relax" and "rejoice", it was "right".

(End of lecture from 4 months of JUDDD experience "expert".)

Have a delightful, relaxed, rejoicing Sunday, my friends!!

Lynne
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #234

Lynee - 161, WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! Remind me again, what maintenance levels are you following??? I agree, sounds like you should stick to that!!!!!!!

Danielle - I agree with Lynne, with JUDDD you just relax and let it all happen!

I'll be honest here. I got tired of counting calories, so since Thursday, I haven't really logged anything. I was just sick of it. KWIM? Today I will get back on it. I can say, I didn't eat horribly. I ate when hungry and not to OH I am so full levels. I just took a break from counting it all. It was nice. Today I will get back to it!

Good weekend all?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! You guys are doing so well! Huge congrats on the losses & WOOHOO for those size 14's! Well done ladies! I'm finally back on track... not sure why I struggled to get back on plan this time around, but as of today I'm back, chugging water, feeling like I'm starving, and impatiently waiting for ketosis to kick in! It's been a long day! lol
Old 11-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #236

Tami - way to go girl! It is hard jumping back in sometimes, not sure why, it just is!

Yesterday was a good DD for me. Thanksgiving is only 2+ weeks away. I can't believe how this year is simply flying by!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Eeek... 2 weeks til thanksgiving? Oh my. It really is flying by! Still plugging away, still starving, still waiting for ketosis <gg> Congrats on the good DD
Old 11-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

Somehow I knew Lynne, you'd be my voice of reason! Slowly learning that this is such a completely different mindset and it's ok to "let go"...there is no *hanging on for dear life* with this plan. While the scale is doing it's bouncy-bounce...239 then 238 and then back to 239...I'm ok with it all.. I'm figuring that the huge jump from 243.5 to 237 in less than a week was a bit much for this ole bod to handle

Monica~ I can relate to just getting sick of it all, oh yes.. you do what you have to do to keep you going

Yes, a good weekend here! Quiet, but good. We have that SkyFall thing this Friday and I am soo excited to go...thankful that it falls on an UD
......on the 15th I'm doing the Twilight marathon with my girls... again, it's an UD Never so thankful for an eating plan like JUDDD until I start looking at all the stuff we got going on

Tami~ Crossing my fingers for quick ketosis vibes for you!

Busy day today just glad the hungries are staying away. Trying to figure out how to get some exercise into this crazy schedule of mine I'm contemplating a stationary bike maybe? Anything that I can do quickly at home just to get my sweat on

Have a great day ladies!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the ketosis vibes Sounds like you have a great attitude which will take you far in this new way of life! Keep up the great work, DesertGurl!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #240

Danielle - I am a TWI-HARD fan myself. I will be at the theaters next weekend with my buddy who has seen them all with me! SHe and I are excited!

It's Wednesday! Thank you for no more Political ads! That makes life worthwhile! Even with the DVR, I still had my fill of them!