Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning everyone!

Zipp, way to go on the self-discipline!

Me, I'm starting to lose it - the discipline, that is. Why, oh why, do I maintain discipline just fine as long as I'm NOT losing weight, and then as soon as I start showing some results at last, I relax my efforts? Why? Why?? It's not the only area of my life this happens, it's sort of a habit.

Boop, the scale will catch up, I just know it. And the pizza sounds delicious! How do you make crust with flax and almond?

Lynne

P.S. Scale said 164 yesterday. 4 pounds a month is not ideal, in my opinion.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Boop - I have a cheese crust pizza that we used to make all the time. DH and I, heck even the kids loved it. If you are interested, let me know!

Lynne - that is common among many of us. I get confortable and then I get sloppy!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Lynne- I knew I had come across a recipe somewhere but couldn't find it so I just googled almond flour flax pizza and I combined a few recipes and winged it. Lol. Most recipes were for a 12" and I was making it just for myself since my inlaws and husband planned on ordering a pizza for dinner. So I guessed at measurements and reduced it for a personal size. I took about a third of cup of almond flour quarter cup flax and Italian seasoning and garlic powder mixed it, took an egg a tbls of melted coconut oil and just under a 1\4 cup of water mixed up then added to dry stuff spread it on parchment paper and baked ten min then took out added sauce and toppings and baked til cheese melted!
Monica- I would love to have that recipe!!!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #184

I'll post it for you tomorrow girl.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

So I am home from work today... Think my son has pink eye. I'm just waiting for the doctors office to open to make an appointment. :s
Hoping to take advantage of being home and whipping up some yummy LC food maybe those fat bombs I keep reading about!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #186

OH the good thing about Pink Eye is once the meds start, it clears up quickly! My only problem was, I ALWAYS got it too and I am resistant to getting rid of it. I would have to start with the drops on myself and then we almost always had to move to ME being on antibiotics! Again, annoying is what it is! I hope your son gets better soon. TIS the freaking season! BUMMER!

Well, the WHOOSH fairy did INDEED visit me today! I was SHOCKED! I got on the scale twice and the number was the same both times. OWNING It is what I am doing. I was at 170.2 for what seemed like an ETERNITY....and now I am 166.8! LOVE THAT. Officially I have lost over 20 pounds! Now if I can just keep up my momentum! I would love to be 15X anything by cruise time!

Have a great Thursday all!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-25.html
Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, Zipp, way to go!! It's about time the whoosh fairy visited you!

Boop, thank you, that crust sounds pretty easy. Kind of like a minute muffin except no microwave.

I am lazy, I use lc tortillas for pizza instead. Fry them a minute and they get crisp, then microwave them with the toppings on...it's not perfect by any means, but it's easy! I've also done it without frying the tortilla first.

Me... I'm tired of dieting right now. I don't know whether to scale back to maintenance until I feel better (under a lot of stress at the moment), or just knuckle down and press on.

Thoughts?

Have a great day everyone!!

Lynne
Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #188

Here's the cheese crust pizza DH and I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! We don't eat it anymore as the calories are quite high but carbs are low. YUMMO!

Low Carb Pizza

Batter for crust:

4 oz cream cheese soften
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 grated Parm cheese (in bag)
2 cups Mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375*. Blend soften cream cheese and eggs together until smooth in a medium mixing bowl add in Parmesan cheese and heavy cream and continue mixing.

Spices - add spices to batter as desired

Grease a cookie sheet and evenly spread out about 2 cups of mozz cheese. Pour the batter evenly over the cheese "rebar" and assist in getting the mixture all the way to the edge and leveled out. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Once browned, take out, top as desired and then put back in to bake for around 20 more minutes.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Me... I'm tired of dieting right now. I don't know whether to scale back to maintenance until I feel better (under a lot of stress at the moment), or just knuckle down and press on.

Thoughts?

Have a great day everyone!!

Lynne
Lynne - I was basically eating in maintenance for 6-8 weeks. We went on our trip in Late July, then had friends over an entire week in August, then were out of town for Labor Day weekend AND I lived my birthday month up. As you know, I maintained my weight. I think there is NOTHING wrong with taking a weight - loss break. I know, I am now more motivated than I was 4 weeks ago. Life happens and sometime we need to think about other things BESIDES what we put in our mouth! No shame in that girl!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #190

You'll know when you are ready to get focused and lose more. I stuck with rotations just on the HIGH end for both days!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Well we are back from doctors. Not pink eye. But upper respiratory infection. Just coming out by way of eyes they say. Got meds so hoping he is on the mend quickly!
Lynne- not sure what to tell you about the diet thing. But I know where u are. I am under a lot of stress right now too both at work and at hime, and some days, many days, I am tempted to throw in the towel for a bit. But I am hanging in. Switching up my meals lately to make it feel less diet like by trying new creations. I find it a lot harder to get back on track after taking a break so I am sticking with it. If you feel you need to take a break and go to maintenance then go for it!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #192

Boop, glad you got meds for the boy! Hopefully they kick in quickly and you see a marked improvement by tonight!
Old 10-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Morning all! My lil guy seems to be doing better... Me I am still bouncing. I need a visit from the woosh fairy. I feel like I have been battling these same few pounds for forever! But slow and steady wins the race or so they say right!?!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #194

YOU can do it girl! You are doing well. Stay the coarse. So glad your son is doing better!

It's FRIDAY. That makes all right with the WORLD, right???
Old 10-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was interesting... I had the opportunity to sit in on a ratting healthy for life seminar. I decided to go and see what they had to say although I knew it would probably clash with my lifestyle. Boy oh boy was I right. It was nothing more than laying out the food pyramid from Canada's food guide. I cringed at the suggestions of 6-7 servings of grains in a day. And they also suggested soft margarines low in saturated and transfats over butter!!! Really? Margarine over butter?!? It was interesting to say the least!
So this morning I weighed over half a dozen times because it kept bouncing between 186.2 and 185.6!!! I think I'm going for a new battery for the scale today. Lol.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #196

OH that 185 will be yours girl. Heck you will probably just jump right past it. EVEN BETTER!

Had a good weekend and food was good for me. Everything under control and DD's were handled.

Our group seems to have shrunk! I know we have a few that are traveling, where is everyone else???
Old 10-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Boop, I hope a new battery will help your scale say nice things. It's YOUR turn with the whoosh fairy!

Zipp, I don't know where people went, either! Getting kinda lonely in here...

Me... Scale said 163 this morning, I'm claiming another pound! (Just about the time you get ready to throw in the towel, the scale starts backpedaling and apologizing. )

Sleeping is not going that well again, even with the theanine serene. It's better than nothing, but I was really getting used to sleeping all night!

It was conference week last week at my son's school. The principal had arranged for a LARGE donation of Keen shoes at the school so that after each kid had his or her conference, they could go to the gym and be fitted for a new pair of shoes!

This is especially cool because our school has a lot of kids who qualify for free school lunches, i.e. don't have a lot of money. I saw a lot of nice new shoes on little feet this morning when I took Gavin to school!

Gavin is going on a field trip to visit a pumpkin patch (with hayrides and corn maze and etc.) on Halloween, then I think I'll take him to trick-or-treat at the retirement center here in town if he's not completely worn out by his field trip. He doesn't care about candy but he likes to make new friends/Grammas.

What are you all doing for the holiday? Zipp, I'll bet you're doing something huge, right? Let's hear it!

Lynne
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Jumping in here, if ya don't mind! Thanks Lynne for telling me about the challenge.

Switched gears and have begun JUDDD. First DD and I'm a nervous nelly today. Learning the in's & out's of the plan still, but I'm excited!

Not entirely sure what to expect from this plan in terms of weight loss yet, so I'll have to come back to post what I want for the "end of the world"

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with you all!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Hi, everyone, I hope that I can join, too. Like DesertGurl, my weight loss on Atkins was disappointingly slow, even doing nutritional ketosis (limiting protein as well as carbs).

I'm on day 4 of JUDDD and haven't found the down days as hard as I expected (doing 300-350 calories/day). I'm on an up day, today, of 1620 calories and 84% fat (and around 45 grams protein and 15 grams carbs); THAT makes me nervous, since I'm used to keeping my calories around 1200/day. Anyway, I hope that I can use this challenge as a way to get to know you all and post to keep myself accountable on JUDDD.

Today:

Breakfast: 2 large eggs fried in butter
1/2 lb spinach made into creamed spinach with cream and parmesan cheese
Coffee with 1/4 cup HWC
Lunch: 1 Haas avocado and 2 oz brie cheese
Dinner (planned): Tea with 1/4 cup HWC, 2 T. coconut butter

Tomorrow, another down day, of coffee with half and half, roast chicken breast, coconut butter, and maybe a boiled egg or two as needed.

I find that I feel chilly when eating only 300 or so calories; I'll bet this will be easier in the summer. Do others feel that way, also? I just crank up the heat, put on a sweater, and stay on plan.

I'm reading my way through this board slowly and have read Dr. Johnson's book. Please bear with me as I catch up on how things work.

Last edited by svenskamae; 10-29-2012 at 12:11 PM..
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #200

Welcome Danielle and Svenskamae I follow JUDDD and have lost 20.6 pounds from it. I swear by it. LC eating only got me so far and then nothing. LIFE has CARBS, plain and simple. You can doit, I know you can! I never have done 300c DD's. Mine are always between 500-700c. I am always cold. Before I started JUDDD and even now after. So that is not new for me. I count nothing but calories on JUDDD. I have hypoglycemia, so I try to focus down days on protein so my bloodsugar doesn't tank.

Quote:
What are you all doing for the holiday? Zipp, I'll bet you're doing something huge, right? Let's hear it!
You are funny. I helped make goodie bags for my daughters 5th grade party yesterday. Wednesday I am taking off at 2:00, will go home and help daughter color her hair brown (she is going as Katniss from Hunger Games). She has 4 friends coming over at 4:00 to hang out, eat pizza and then go ToTing. DH is going to take them. I am hoping everyone is to their own homes by 8:00. DS and I plan to sit in the driveway and hand out goodies. We always give out HUG drink jugs from Walmart. The kids all get thirsty walking around eating candy!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Well the new battery didn't help the scale at all! I'm still bouncing around 185.6 and 186 and change. But it will come.
I'm hoping we don't lose power in this nasty storm, cause that could put a damper on my eating. Although we did fill up BBQ tank just in case and I have lots of meat that can be grilled, just as long as its not too nasty to be outside to BBQ!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #202

Boop - stay safe girl!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #203

Danielle - how did your first day go??? I hope it went well. DD's are tough. Heck I have been following JUDDD for 6 months and there are still some DD's that I struggle! They do get easier. That I can say forsure!

Yesterday was a bit of a high Up Day! All is well, I have a good plan for today, hope I am able to stick with it and follow through. DD's at work are always tough for me. If I get too hungry I can't concentrate. Hoping that it will be an easy day!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Danielle - how did your first day go??? I hope it went well. DD's are tough. Heck I have been following JUDDD for 6 months and there are still some DD's that I struggle! They do get easier. That I can say forsure!

Yesterday was a bit of a high Up Day! All is well, I have a good plan for today, hope I am able to stick with it and follow through. DD's at work are always tough for me. If I get too hungry I can't concentrate. Hoping that it will be an easy day!
Monica, thanks for asking!! Actually, it went really really well!! It was nice to feel in control, and I realized that I was gonna survive even feeling a tad hungry No one died, imagine that!?! Still lookin forward for it to become easier tho!

I dnno how you ladies can balance stuff while working too. I am so grateful that I get to be home, or I don't think I'd be able to do it. I do not like when the hungries take over, its ALL I can think about and that is no bueno! Crossing fingers today is an easy day for you!!

I checked the scale; down 2 pounds. Water, I'm sure, but hey, it's a loss!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #205

Quote:
It was nice to feel in control, and I realized that I was gonna survive even feeling a tad hungry No one died, imagine that!?!
That was exactly what I learned. I learned that being a little hungry doesn't mean the entire world stops. For me, it is when I get beyond. I am a freak, I can get so hungry that I am in physical pain. It will double me over the stomach pain if I go too long. I have learned the line though, so that is good. So far I am doing ok. I haven't eaten yet, was thinking of drinking 1 more jug of water before I consume anything.

Like I said, I prefer DD's at home. Love the weekend ones. Much easier for me. If I am struggling I just go to my room, get in bed and read!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Hi ladies!!! Sure missed you all! I had a great trip, but am so grateful to be home! The scale was actually pretty kind this morning after all of my indulgences and I'm up one pound to 214 at this point. Hope it doesn't bounce up in the coming days, but I'll survive either way. Will make an effort to get caught up with you guys soon, but hope all are well and really hope the whoosh fairy made the rounds in my absence! (you can send her back now <gg>)
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

Danielle, as far as working and concentrating while on a DD goes? I've found that after a short while I adapted pretty well, and DDs are easy - no different than UDs anymore except that on UDs I actually have to pay attention; no autopilot.

Congratulations on your 2 lb loss already!

Zipp, good luck today. I had a bit of a high UD yesterday, too. Too many carbs.

Me... Like I said, too many carbs. I'm stressed out right now to the MAX, and the fact that I can enjoy a couple of carby things I haven't seen in a while has been too much temptation. No drinking, though! Yay me!!

Today I'm going on vacation at home. I need an emergency break.

I hope and that all the east coasties are staying safe...we're having sympathetic monsoons here on the west coast. It hasn't stopped pouring for a week.

Lynne
Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I'm on my third down day, today, and have had 2 hard-boiled eggs plus coffee with 2 T. half and half for breakfast, and, 4 oz. chicken breast for lunch. Nothing ahead of me but water/tea and a tablespoon of coconut butter, so this may be a rather difficult day, since I have about 6 hours at work ahead of me and some volunteer work in the evening. Well, I'll remind myself that I can eat tomorrow.

I hope everyone on the East Coast is doing okay. My sister is in Providence, R.I. and reports that they were very lucky and didn't lose power at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions about getting weighed while on JUDDD (other than to do it after a down day)? I've been holding off, since I don't want to be disappointed by not seeing any movement on the scale. I was thinking of waiting a couple of weeks until mid-November, to get weighed again, in hopes that some loss may show up by then. What do you all do about weighing? (Sorry if people have discussed this already, I'm still catching up on the JUDDD board and this thread.)

Last edited by svenskamae; 10-30-2012 at 10:07 AM..
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions about getting weighed while on JUDDD (other than to do it after a down day)? I've been holding off, since I don't want to be disappointed by not seeing any movement on the scale. I was thinking of waiting a couple of weeks until mid-November, to get weighed again, in hopes that some loss may show up by then. What do you all do about weighing?
Hi, Svensk, I didn't mean to ignore you! Welcome!!

I've been weighing on the morning of every UD (after DD, as you say) but it does get discouraging sometimes. It helps me to use a pair of too-small pants to see how much volume I'm losing when the scale doesn't cooperate. The camera has also been helpful. The scale has been a bit mean to me. Dr. J recommended just weighing once a week after a DD, but I haven't been successful at following THAT recommendation yet.

Lynne
Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #210

Tami - great to have you back girl. Remind us, where did you vacation to??? 1 pounds? That is awesome! I pray that is all I gain over my vacation come December!

Lynne - vacation at home, well deserved girl! Enjoy!

Svensk - I weigh AT MOST, once a week and only after a DD. There are many weeks that I choose not to weigh even once. I also, in the beginning, measured the first day of each month too. I haven't done that in several months, I should do that again come Thursday! I struggle with work day DD's. This one is going ok right now, but that could change in the next 5 minutes.