Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Boop, that is awesome!!! I've been enjoying finding outgrown things in the back of my closet, but haven't dared open the rubbermaid tubs of size 10/12 stuff yet... no where near there, but I'm excited to know that eventually I will be back into those things!

My weight is holding steady since the woosh fairy left town. Consistently at 214/215. I'm actually starting to worry a bit about the trip, gaining, how long it'll take to lose it, etc., but it really will be ok, no matter what happens or how much I gain. I will be back on track by the 1st.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning!!

Zipp, I'm sorry the scale is being such a brat! It's so hard to find that sweet spot where you aren't hungry on DDs, no loss of energy, no bingeing on UDs, no insomnia, AND you get steady losses on the scale! Oh, AND be able to flex with your busy busy life, too. It sounds like juggling nine pins at once when I put it that way.

Anna, 140.9!! Good on ya!! And about trash talking the fickle scale.

Boop, the SF creamer is coffemate. I got pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha.

And holy crow, size 11/12 jeans!! That is a great NSV!!

Brew, sorry about the mood and the scale. Nothing makes me grouchier than a scale that refuses to tell me nice things.

It's started raining here, too. It's depressing because it won't stop until JUNE.

Tami, you are right!! It will be a great trip, you'll enjoy every minute and every bite...and when you get back, you'll get right back on track. No worries!!

Me... the sleeping thing is definitely sorted. I was able to have a very low-cal DD for me (430 cal) and then a fairly low-cal UD (1700 cal) with no sleep problems at all.

New strategy to get the scale moving: cut the calories both days. Wish me luck.

For my challenge-mates:

Oh the comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away." - Dinah Craik

Have a lovely (rainy) day, ladies!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Love that quote, Lynne <3

Also love that your sleeping issues have worked themselves out
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Tami. Don't stress about it! Life is short, do your best, enjoy it and get back on track when you return!
Lynne- thanks! Will look for it when I go shopping this weekend!
Good news is, I am back down to signature weight!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Boop! WooHoo on that siggy weight! Nice job! I think part of the issue is that I'm finally really 'seeing' results. I'm getting small enough that small changes are starting to show in my clothing, face, etc.... and I love it and don't want to give it up! lol It'll be fine, though. Logically I know it's just a matter of getting right back on track when I get home. Even if it adds a month to this journey (though I really hope it doesn't!) I'll still be fine. I'm in it for the long haul regardless... and I do intend on staying on plan for as long as feasibly possible... whole drive out should be do-able, but then may rely on continental breakfasts, catered lunches, etc. We'll see.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies! Hooray for the weekend! Scale still not moving, but not bouncing up either. Guess that'll do for now?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #157
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
How was everyone's weekend? We had a rainy Saturday so our softball games were a waiting game to only call them all for the day finally at 2:45! We got in 1 game Saturday and that is all. Yesterday Haven had 3 games. She was having a STELLAR weekend. She pitched yesterday like a champ (+7 was her count which is awesome), she was a hitting machine and ran the bases well. I just don't think the team was with it, so we had no wins. That happens. Our fielding was AWFUL. Chalk it to the rain and clouds and move on.

My eating this weekend was not good. It wasn't an all out binge, but not what I should do either. I seem to be causing myself more problems than solutions.

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Monica Hate those late cancellations where you're just waiting around all day. I've been on the decision making side and it's really tough. You want to just call it and give everyone as much notice as possible, but if it clears up by the afternoon parents & players are upset because they could have played... sigh... don't miss being in that position! lol Glad Hayden had some great games despite her team Sorry to hear your eating suffered a bit over the weekend. You know how to fix that, though... such a simple thing that can be so complicated!

The scale hasn't moved here at all. Still sticking right around 214/215. Guess my body is going to take a little break. Shopping for the trip today and will take a good dose of low carb stuff with the intention of staying on track as long & as much as possible. I am looking forward to one cheat meal, but honestly I'd rather save it and have it at home with the fam (and the staff of my favorite mexican restaurant <gg>).
Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #159

Enjoy the shopping TAMI! When do you leave again???
Old 10-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Hello, thought I should quickly pop in, didn't weigh today as TOM showed up yesterday and I was just not up for seeing the scale jump up today. But net for a big hike yesterday and carried my 27lb little guy in my ergo carrier for about an hour. Was a great workout. About half way thru I said to my husband it's crazy that 7 months ago I was carrying double that weight on my body daily! Was a crazy realization!
May weigh in tomorrow will see how I feel!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Boop, it's really amazing when you think of the weight we used to carry around! Great job on the hike! Sounds like a fun workout!

I leave Thursday Scale still not moving... lol
Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

I gave in and weighed today. Oops. Shouldn't have lol. 188.4. Oh well blaming Tom will be back to normal by the weekend I hope!!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Yep. It's all Tom's fault
Old 10-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Hello hello!

Tami - I'm worried about gaining while I'm away too! But you and I will return back to this challenge thread at the end of our trips and catch up! I've been dreaming of gelato for the last couple of days, it's not a good sign, is it?

boop13
- woohoo for the NSV!! How awesome does it feel when you fit into smaller clothes, right? Well done you! And yay for making it to siggy weight!

Monica - wow, your daughter had an awesome game over the weekend, huh? How proud you must be!

Elise - ugh, TOM is a… Well, I won't type the words, but I'm sure you know what I'm trying to say. Hope when TOM goes away it takes a few pounds with it!

Lynne
- I don't use creamer in my coffee but the coffeemate SF pumpkin one sounds so good! And woohoo for sorting out your sleep issues! I know you said that it'll rain in Oregon from now until spring but I'd still live there in a heartbeat. And what a thoughtful, great quote…

As for me, I'm still at 140.9 - just like Tami my body's also taking a break from losing. Hey Tami, I think our bodies know that we're off on a trip soon! I'm leaving tomorrow and will be back at the end of October - I'll check in once I'm back home. Hugs to you and your family, and take care of yourselves as the weather turns and the flu season approaches… And hope the whoosh fairy pays you a visit! My goal is to maintain and not gain (and not binge on carbs).

See you in November!

Anna

P.S. I've had a conversation with my scale this morning: "if you don't behave by the time I return, I will swiftly kick you out to the curb on the next garbage day and buy a brand new scale!" I hope that's enough to ensure a maintained weight once I return. Am I crazy?!
Goal 3: 155 lbs - July 31 2012!!
Goal 4: 150 lbs - August 28 2012!!
Goal 5: 145 lbs - September 18 2012!!
Goal 6: 140 lbs by October 18 2012
Goal 7: 135 lbs by November 18 2012

anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

omg, Anna... love the conversation with the scale!

Gelato, huh? I've been craving a huge baked potato... what a weird thing to crave. Have a feeling it's going to be ugly when I get back. Still holding on the the plan of staying low carb as much as possible, but will definitely enjoy a full meal out (if not more).

Enjoy your trip, Anna! See you on the other side and ready to hit this hard again!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
About half way thru I said to my husband it's crazy that 7 months ago I was carrying double that weight on my body daily! Was a crazy realization!
Wow. Except now you can put the weight DOWN! Hehe. That's awesome!!

Could be TOM or could be the workout!...either way, it'll pass.

Anna, have a wonderful trip. I know you'll do great, you've done great so far!

Dreaming of gelato indeed.

I was wrong about the rain - after coming down in buckets for the past few days, it's stopped and the sun is shining brightly today.

I'll go see if I can salvage any of the squash and tomatoes left in the garden. The blackberries have turned into soup!

Lynne

P.S. Scale said 167 yesterday. Haven't we been over this territory before? But I can sleep now, so I'm not complaining.

Oh, and I almost forgot!! I am 1 inch taller than I thought. I measured myself yesterday against the wall, and I am 5'7 (and 1/2, actually), not 5'6 as I originally thought. When does that ever happen??

I checked TWICE, because I couldn't believe it.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

So sad about the blackberries, Lynne. They're my fave! Hope you were able to salvage the others, though! Cool beans on being taller than you thought and getting down to 167, whether you've been there before or not. lol

My scale was really close to 213 today, but I didn't have my glasses on and it was close to 214 too, so not claiming it. Maybe tomorrow before I leave?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies! Hope you all have a great couple of weeks! I start the trip with a new low of 213! So that will be the number I have to fight to get back to after the trip
Old 10-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #169

Tami - way to go on the new LOW!!!!!!!!! When do you leave ??

Lynne - I grew an inch taller between my 2 pregnancies. I always was 5'7" then I had to have some surgery in 2003 and they measured me at 5'8". The nurse told me it happens sometimes with pregnancy! WHO KNEW!

Life is crazy for me right now. I will check in when I can!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Lynne - I grew an inch taller between my 2 pregnancies. I always was 5'7" then I had to have some surgery in 2003 and they measured me at 5'8". The nurse told me it happens sometimes with pregnancy! WHO KNEW!
Wow!! That is so weird. I like it.

I'm still following my rotations pretty strictly. I say "pretty" strictly because yesterday was a bit of a UUAD for the first time in a long while...stress. And chocolate. I maybe went 200 calories over...? Not the end of the world. Right back on track today with my 480 calorie DD.

I love DDs nowadays. They're so simple and serene, I feel like I'm at a spa.

I've started eating more vegetarian-ly than I have been for a long time, too. Squash and beans, tofu...not grains. So not really high carb, but not as low as a meat-based diet would be.

The weight is not moving, but the inches are. I'll take it. I'll be the heaviest size 6 in history.

Tami, have a great trip!! I hope the whoosh fairy will be waiting for you on your return, and may we keep her busy in the meantime!!

Have a lovely day everyone!!

Lynne
Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Leave in a couple hours... thought I'd be gone by now, but plans got pushed back a bit. Please do hang on to the whoosh fairy while I'm gone. Don't let her get lazy. I'm going to need her when I get back! lol
Old 10-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #172

Tami - hopefully she will visit me and then I will send her your way!!!!!!!!! Have fun!

It's friday ladies. Nothing but good things to come!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

I haven't been aroun the last couple of days. My son was sick again, gotta love daycare this time of year! He was sick to his stomache Thursday night and again Friday morning, then all day Friday had green goopy leakage from his eyes... Was worried it was pink eye, but polysporin drops seem to have cleared it up!
As for me scale keeps bouncing between 186 and change to 188. Guess my body is just adjusting to this weight. Hope one of you has the wish fairy and she makes a stop here again soon!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #174

Boop - hope your son feels better soon. I can tell you, both my kids were daycare sick a lot. Now that they are in school, they are RARELY sick. My son has had perfect attendance 5 of his 8 school years thus far and my daughter has only missed 1-2 days each of her 6 years at school. There is hope for him!

The weekend was relaxing and good. Just what I needed. Food was on plan and I felt completely in control!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Well HELLO, whoosh fairy, thanks for stopping by!! 165 yesterday morning!!

Which officially makes 50 pounds gone this year.

Zipp, good on ya this weekend! Sending the whoosh fairy to your address now. She better not get lost.

Boop, good thinking on the polysporin. Problem solved!

I sure hope our travellers bring back pictures from their adventures. I want to see Italy. I never seem to remember to take pictures while I'm enjoying some place, and then I regret it afterwards!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #176

WAY TO GO LYNNE!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! I will wait patiently for her ARRIVAL!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #177

Yesterday was a good DD. I was hungry, probably more so than Saturday, so I ate a little higher. 670c is what I ended at.

How is everyone here. I am really PRAYING that Whoosh fairy visits me this week. Bring it on girl!!!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Monica, i keep telling myself it will better his immune system, good to know I'm not crazy!
Congrats Lynne!! 50lbs what a great feeling!
good news on a few things over here today! First off my don is better. Just a cough today... So I'm hoping only a few days left of it!
As for me I was 186 on the nose today! Woohoo!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #179

Way to go BOOP! I am so glad your son is feeling better too. Nothing worse than a sick child!

My food has been in line this week. Hoping to see some / any movement DOWN on the scale tomorrow! Crossing my fingers!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

I was sitting at 186 again today. But Not up so that is good news! Was a little worried cause I made a flax/almond crust pizza last night for dinner ( it was ok. A little too flax flavored but curbed the pizza craving)!