Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_banana View Post
BTW, a little note to the whoosh fairy: my door's always open, so please visit soon.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:

As for me, I'm 142.7 as of yesterday (no change this morning). The rate of weight loss has slowed down and I think it's only normal that it slows down as we get closer to our goal weight. Even though I've got over 20 pounds to go I'm going to try my best not to get frustrated. Slow loss is better than no loss!

Our family trip is later this month for two and a half weeks, and it's to a fabulous location - Italy! I've been to Italy before and there's soooo much good carb to indulge in - gelato, hand-made pasta, pizza, etc… However they also do amazing main courses with seafood and meat/game along with outdoor markets full of veggies. I know that my carb count will be a fair bit higher than 20g/day but I will walk around a lot and will keep to low fat/calories if my carb is high. My goal for this holiday is not gain any weight (maybe I should leave room for a couple of pounds of water weight, but otherwise no fat weight). I'm not expecting any loss at all, but I don't want to gain either!
I was just looking at your first post with us, Anna, on July 6th in the last challenge. You've lost over 30 pounds in the second half of this year!!

I feel discouraged when the scale doesn't move, but I've lost a LOT of weight this year too, and I keep reminding myself that it takes time to adjust. It doesn't always help, but I keep telling myself that.

You're going back over the pond as the fat-conquering hero in a much smaller size. Enjoy that fabulous Italian vacation!! You've earned it! We'll be here when you get back to celebrate your moderation victories and who knows, maybe the excellent food will bring on the whoosh fairy.

Sorry about your doggy-loss.

Boop!! Look at you go!! 60 pounds is a chunk of chunk in 7 months, and I know what you mean about how good it feels to be lighter!! It feels amazing, doesn't it? You've really done us proud. Have you got pictures? I'd love to see what 60 pounds lighter looks like. If you feel like sharing.

You have been such a source of wonderfulness on these challenges, and I appreciate you so much. Thank you for being here.

Tami, let the whoosh fairy GO. I'm not kidding now, Anna and Monica and me, we need her BACK.

J/k of course, way to go!! You had it coming, lots of patience (with no whining) has paid off at last. Awesome!!

Zipp, to Haven!!

And for your sanity on this birthday bash weekend...hopefully the whoosh fairy will stop by for YOU, as re above post to Tami the whoosh fairy hog.

Me... my weight is not budging again. Also I haven't slept much in days. If the insomnia doesn't stop I'm going to go CRAZY.

Strategy: Taking Theanine serene with relora every day. I didn't realize you had to build up a level of it; after reading some posts I realize I was doing it wrong. If this doesn't work I'm buying some unisom or whatever - I'm desperate. Thoughts?

Lynne

P.S. Made some fat bomb truffles yesterday.

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

hehe... the woosh fairy hog How about I clone her and send out little carbon copies? Will that work? I'm happy to share, but I don't want to give her up completely again! lol

Lynne, I hate insomnia and I'm so sorry you can't sleep! Have you tried benadryl? My husband swears it works.

The fat bomb truffles sound amazing! I have been having a fair amount of coconut oil mixed with peanut butter & thrown in the freezer. Wonder if that's helping speed weight loss? Sure isn't hurting!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Good morning! Today is out Canadian thanksgiving! No big family thing here for us, but we are going to take our little guy to pick out pumpkins today and I picked up a couple smoked turkey legs that I'm going to do up with some mashed cauliflower and some broccoli!
So I have given up the whoosh fairy... I am up a couple pounds thanks to the wedding on Saturday. But we are done our weddings for the year!
Lynne, I will see what I can pull up for pictures and try to post. I have been shy to post because I never really liked pictures of myself, but a lot of that was because of how I looked! But I think it may be time to get over that!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies! I have a feeling the woosh fairy is headed out to all of you. It was a fun week while she was here, though! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and hope your scales are being kind to you!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #126
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
BTW, a little note to the whoosh fairy: my door's always open, so please visit soon.

Anna
Anna, I would like that same note to go out for me too!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #127

We survived the birthday weekend. I am not looking for the scale to move to the 160's this week.....I stayed on plan, but calories were up a bit from my norm!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #128

Lynne - try going to the health food store and buying Calm Forte. It is a natural herb that calmes and helps with sleep. My son takes it for his anxiety sleep issues and it works wonders!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!

I took my theanine serene w/relora every day as directed, and the last two nights it has been working; I slept great. However, I'm going to stock up on calms forte and benadryl in case it stops working!!

Zipp, you get the whoosh fairy next. It's only fair.

Boop, I do understand hating the way you look when you're fat. Me too. I've only lately started to enjoy getting my picture taken.

I'm having that weird JUDDD thing happen again where the scale stays the same, the measuring tape is mostly staying the same, but the clothes are beginning to say "next size, please".

Tami, what inspired you to mix coconut oil and peanut butter and put it in the freezer? That's pretty much what I did with my fat bomb truffles, too. They're the same as yours, except with chocolate, stevia, and a little butter added.
I put them in mini-muffin papers to store them in the freezer. You too?

Hmm...I wonder what fat bomb truffles would taste like with macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, and maybe some candied ginger? Hehe. Living in Oregon has turned me right into a foodie.

I hope everyone will have a wonderful day today!! Cheers!

Lynne
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne... I honestly don't remember now. I've been doing it a while, but I probably read one of the bark threads and then went to see what ingredients I had that may work. I've added various things and so far the only thing I like mixed in is chopped or slivered nuts. Anything powdered or remotely solid seems to sink to the bottom before they freeze... which is ok for nuts, not so much cocoa powder, etc. I bet shredded coconut would be yummy, too! The mini muffin papers would probably work really well, but I just put them in a shallow plastic dish (sometimes even just a lid) and then break into pieces. Not as precise, but works
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Anything powdered or remotely solid seems to sink to the bottom before they freeze... which is ok for nuts, not so much cocoa powder, etc.
You have to dissolve the cocoa powder in the coconut oil first. Heat the CO up in the microwave to melt it, then stir in the cocoa powder.

I used to make coconut bark with unsweetened cocoa powder and stevia. This time I used a Lindt 90% bar for the truffles, but next time I might add cocoa powder to it to chocolate it up some more.

This is the first time I used the mini-muffin cups; I used to pour the bark on a plate (covered with plastic wrap for easy removal), too.

Lynne
Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm.... the CO was liquid, but maybe I didn't heat it enough or try to dissolve the cocoa powder & sweetener enough. Will have to try it again at some point!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Mmmmm. Coconut bark. I'm out. Must make again this week! Saw a thread where someone made it with hwc! Looking forward to trying that in my next batch!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies! Hope you're all doing well!

The scale has certainly stopped dropping, but it's not really bouncing upward either... I'm hoping to get off another couple of pounds before heading out of town next week, but guess I won't hold my breath I am wearing smaller pants this morning. I tried them on a few weeks ago and they wouldn't zip. Today they slid up my hips and zipped without too much effort, but honestly are pretty uncomfortable when I sit down. I was hoping they'd make it into the suitcase for next week, but oh-well! Happy with the progress anyway!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Hello fabulous ladies,

Lynne - glad you found something that works for your insomnia. It must be really difficult not getting enough sleep regularly - I've had insomnia before and it was agonizing. Tylenol cold/flu (nighttime ones) or NightQuil knocked me out in the past - and I admit, sheepishly, that I took these when I didn't have cold/flu… Probably shouldn't have but I was desperate! Melatonin helps me fall asleep (but doesn't keep me asleep, if you know what I mean).

Tami - hmmm… Love the sound of those fat bombs! I have a suspicion that I wouldn't stick to portion control if I made those so I won't make them for now. Hey, as long as you're not gaining/stalling it's all good.

boop13 - happy belated Canadian thanksgiving! Hope you've had lots of turkey - I love turkey… Your post-wedding pounds will be gone soon, probably just water weight.

Monica - congrats for surviving the birthday weekend! I hope the whoosh fairy is on your way!

I'm still in the midst of planning for this trip. It's a short trip to cover all the fabulous Italian cities that we want to visit, but at least it'd be full of exercise to burn off the extra carbs that I WILL consume - how can you say no to homemade pasta when you're in Italy?

Anyways, I'm at 142.2 this morning - whoosh fairy isn't here and my weight's bouncing around as norm. But that's okay, because we all know that the scale will eventually give up fighting against us and the number will go down along with clothing sizes.

Have a great day!

Anna
Goal 3: 155 lbs - July 31 2012!!
Goal 4: 150 lbs - August 28 2012!!
Goal 5: 145 lbs - September 18 2012!!
Goal 6: 140 lbs by October 18 2012
Goal 7: 135 lbs by November 18 2012

anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tami - hmmm… Love the sound of those fat bombs! I have a suspicion that I wouldn't stick to portion control if I made those so I won't make them for now. Hey, as long as you're not gaining/stalling it's all good.
I only make small batches at once, about 2 Tbsp each pb & coconut oil and they really are so rich that you really can't eat it all in one sitting. A batch that size usually lasts me 2 days, sometimes more, but even if I were to eat the whole thing 2 Tbsp of pb isn't too big of a deal.

Quote:
I'm still in the midst of planning for this trip. It's a short trip to cover all the fabulous Italian cities that we want to visit, but at least it'd be full of exercise to burn off the extra carbs that I WILL consume - how can you say no to homemade pasta when you're in Italy?
Your trip really does sound fabulous and yes I agree, when in Italy you really should eat like an Italian at least some of the time! You can get back on track when you get home and it'll just be a little speed bump. No biggie!

Quote:
Anyways, I'm at 142.2 this morning - whoosh fairy isn't here and my weight's bouncing around as norm. But that's okay, because we all know that the scale will eventually give up fighting against us and the number will go down along with clothing sizes.
Absolutely! It will have no choice eventually Hope you have a great day, too, Anna!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
I am wearing smaller pants this morning. I tried them on a few weeks ago and they wouldn't zip. Today they slid up my hips and zipped without too much effort
That is still great. You couldn't zip them just a couple weeks ago
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #138

Anna - you are so right!

DD is here at work with me today. She has a barking cough. We went to the clinic first thing this a.m. They think it is viral but want to make sure it isn't strep or pnemonia doesn't develop. She is on steroids for now.

Welcome to FALL!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

I'm still working on getting rid of that wedding water weight... But wanted to share what I just made!!! I started off with a craving for something sweet but didn't have butter to make clouds (I know LC-ing and running out of butter is insane lol) so I opted for coconut bark. But then read a thread to substitute coconut oil for butter. Soooo... I melted my CO. Mixed in cocoa and sweetner. Took have and mixed with cream cheese to freeze for clouds and the rest of the coconut bark I added a couple tablespoons of HWC... The most amazing thing happened, it turned into this creamy ganache like substance! I had a bite and OH MY! it is Delish! I immediately poured into a flat dish and put in the freezer so I wouldn't eat he whole bowl! Cannot wait to have more tomorrow!!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Hope DD's ok, Monica! I hate when our kiddos are sick

Boop, that sounds yuuuummmmy!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Good Morning lovely ladies. Sorry I have been MIA but we've been on vacation with my parents for a week and just got back.

I spent the last 30 minutes reading through all I missed just to make sure I was caught up. Looks like there was lots of weight dropped while I was gone, trips to plan, weddings and softball to attend, and lynne fought the law and won

I'll admit I was a bit of a bad girl while I was gone and indulged in all the yummy things I haven't had for a while. The first four days I technically kept strict Up/Down rotations but then I *slipped* a little at the end of the line I'm sitting right around 165 though so really only a 3-4 pound gain. Not bad at all I say.

Point being, I'm ready to finish this month and challenge with a bang and get into the 150's.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back, Elise! Hope you had a great trip! 3-4 pounds isn't bad at all. I'm headed out of town from the 18th through pretty much the end of the month and I'm thinking I will try to stay on plan for as long as possible, but I'm going to have to be pretty flexible and I know there are things I will eat off plan. It is what it is and just like you I'll jump back on plan when I get back. I'm thinking of things like this as simply making this woe livable for life.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

It's almost not morning anymore, so I'll sneak it in there fast.

Boop, those clouds sound great! I think I might have to try your recipe once the fat bomb truffles are gone.

Tami, I like your take on the whole "enjoying life, then getting back on plan" thing. Enjoy your trip!

Zipp, I'm so sorry your girl is sick, and I hope she's feeling better now, and welcome to fall indeed.

Brew!! Welcome back, and we've missed you! Thank you for pausing your weight loss long enough for me to catch up, that's very kind, but unfortunately I'm still BEHIND. The stupid scale still says 167 (or more!) and is refusing to budge. I may throw it out the window or down a flight or two of stairs.

Me... I seem to have solved the insomnia problem. The theanine serene with relora is working as long as I take it every day. Sooo....

I'm going to stick with a 480 calorie DD now (used to really make it impossible to sleep and I had to raise DD calories). I'm considering coming down on UDs too, maybe to 1800 calories. Or should I stick with 480/2000 and not mess with it for a while, see if it works well enough?

I hope artificial sweetener isn't messing me up, because I just got some wonderful pumpkin pie spice coffee creamer. Yum!!

Have a wonderful day!! Back to work for me...

Lynne
Old 10-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #144

Elise - sounds like you did well on your vacation! Those pounds will be gone quickly!

My daughter is feeling much better. The steroids did the trick for her!

I had a perfect DD yesterday although I went to bed hungry. Alas, weigh in day today, STAYED THE SAME! Again, I guess I have maintenance down PAT! too bad I would love to lose 13 more pounds! NO whoosh for me this week. I believe I can state now, I am stalled!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Gooooooood morning lovely ladies!

Monica
- I hope your daughter's feeling better! That 160's is soooo close, if I catch a glimpse of that elusive whoosh fairy I'll FedEx if your way!

Tami - ahh! You and I both have plans for the rest of this month! I'm leaving on the 17th. We can both do this! And we can compare notes when we're back… At least we've totally picked the right WOE for living the real life!

boop13 - the freezer is one of the most helpful things when it comes to portion controlling things like your fab recipe (and my weakness, cream cheese clouds), isn't it? I will keep your recipe handy to try it soon…

Elise - welcome back! Hope you had a good trip. I wouldn't worry about those few pounds - I say they're water weight! I don't know if it's ever possible to lose weight while you're travelling. I think it's much more realistic to expect a couple of pounds of water weight. So well done!

Lynne - good to hear about your cure for the insomnia. AS has never caused problems for me, but I use it so rarely (maybe once a week) that I'd probably suspect other things as problems before it. I hope you're not sensitive to AS as your coffee creamer sounds delicious! I'm totally missing the pumpkin flavour this fall…

As for me, I'm at 140.9. Can you tell how excited I was to see that "140" number that I almost ignored the important "0.9" at the end? Ha! Okay, so I'm 141 in reality but I don't care, the scale's on my side for this week. I'm not going to complain about that as my scale's very fickle and it will change its mind if I trash-talk...

Hope you have a great day - it's beautifully sunny & crisp fall morning here!

Anna
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #146

Anna, you will be in those 130's soon!!!!! I am so excited for you! You are doing so well!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Anna! So close to the 130's!!! amazing!!
Monica- glad to hear your daughter is feeling better! it is no fun when they are sick!
Lynne! what brand is that creamer! that sounds YUM!!!
Tami, that is exactly it! knowing that we can be flexible, then jump right back on plan!
Elise- that isn't bad at all! I gained over 2 (almost 3) from the wedding I went to on Saturday! and I am still fighting to get rid of them again!
as for me and still fighting those few pounds still... I have a non scale victory to share! I went thru a few boxes of old clothes that I had hidden away and hadn't seen in about 3 years (I am cleaning the house and purging all things not needed) and amongst the clothes were a pair of size 11 (YES 11!!!) Jeans that fit me! My ma is also down visiting and I tried on 2 pairs of her jeans both size 12 and they fit!!!!! I am soo very excited to know that I can shop in "real" stores again and not be limited with what will fit! cleaning and purging again tomorrow, so another day of moving around all day, hoping it will finally get those extra few pounds off so I can get back to meeting my End of the World Challenge!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
That is so awesome Boop! Its a rainy dreary day here and your NSV made me smile. Who cares what the scale says when your pants fit

TOM is here in full force so instead of report my weight I will leave it at this:

I'm sure my husband loves my mood right now
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #149

Boop, that is a wonderful NON SCALE victory. So glad you tried on those things! It certainly helps the attitude knowing / seeing truly how much you have changed.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #150

Elise, feel better soon!!!!!