Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Happy FRIDAY ALL!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Anna, thanks for the belated b-day wish

Happy Friday, Monica!

I've got a busy day of packing and getting the house ready for me to be gone for the weekend. I'm headed out with a friend tonight to spend the weekend with her 7 month old dane puppies in Carson City, NV - cool little historic town not far from Tahoe & Reno. Weather should be amazing! It's the boy puppy's first show and the girl's second. They should be a barrel of monkeys fun & a lot of work. At 7 months, they're still all puppy, but over 100 pounds of goofiness My boy is staying home so I can focus on just helping my friend. I'm really really looking forward to it!

I didn't even get on the scale this morning, but hopefully it'll be nice to me on Monday! Have a great weekend all!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Good morning, everyone!!

Can I complain for a minute?

Yesterday was sort of a bad day for me, I had an unpleasant encounter with Bank of America that resulted in 80.00 worth of fees and charges. It also resulted in me eating stuff I didn't want to, and more than I wanted to. My bad.

So what happened, you ask?

I paid some bills out of my checking account, and I had plenty of money in my account to cover them. Unfortunately, the money was in my linked savings account - not my checking account! So BOA covered the bills, and charged me a returned item fee on each transaction.

I have email alerts set up on my account, so when payments started to bounce, I got an email. I made the transfer from savings to checking immediately to fix the situation. Still, I got charged for EVERY transaction. Then I got charged a maintenance fee AND an "excessive withdrawal" fee - neither of them small! - and when I called BOA to ask if they'd reverse any or all of the fees, since I never OD my account, it was just a mistake? They said, sorry, but it wasn't our fault. No can do.

Then they had the nerve to send me an email asking me how I enjoyed my customer service experience yesterday. Think I should tell them I loved it so much I'm taking steps to close my 20 year old account?

Anyway.

So instead of handling it like a grownup and just screaming at the customer service rep on the phone, I ate too much CHOCOLATE instead. I felt really bloated and sick.

Good news is, I stopped before really going into UUAD territory. Maybe 100 calories over, that's all. AND, I walked for 45 minutes listening to Bob Dylan on my iPod. Somehow, listening to Bob whining about his life makes me feel better.

Onward and upward - it's DD. More chocolate, sigh. I have so many forms of chocolate in my house right now it's not even funny. Well okay, maybe a little bit funny.

Zipp, your cruise sounds AWESOME. I'm inspired to go on a snorkeling cruise now.

Tami, have fun in Carson City! Sounds like a great time will be had by all.

Carry on everyone, and thanks for listening to me GRIPE...

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

UGH, Lynne... I am so sorry you had to go through that and so sorry that BofA did nothing to help! I know it would mean more stress, but I would go into the branch and talk to the branch manager in person. Tell him that you'll be closing the account because of the way this one mistake was handled. They have the power to reverse those fees and they should at least meet you half way. It's definitely worth a shot.... but, again, I know it's super stressful

Good job keeping the chocolate in check and only beeing 100 calories over. That shows some major restraint right there, even if you did have a tummy ache at the time <gg> and love that you got some walking in, too. Walking always calms my nerves as well. I really should do it more often. lol

Hugs... sure hope you have a better weekend!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Good morning, everyone!!

Then they had the nerve to send me an email asking me how I enjoyed my customer service experience yesterday. Think I should tell them I loved it so much I'm taking steps to close my 20 year old account?

Lynne
You should respond to the email and simply state, you have FULL Plans to terminate your account with them. They are NOT the only game in town. I would BET, you keep on this, some of those fees can be reversed. Escalate this to the next level. Ask for Customer service manager!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #66

OH and for the record, my "food" of choice to turn to is WINE! WINE cures everything! I am currently dry for a month, I'll probably GAIN instead of LOSE!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
UGH, LynneI would go into the branch and talk to the branch manager in person. Tell him that you'll be closing the account because of the way this one mistake was handled. They have the power to reverse those fees and they should at least meet you half way.
Does it matter that my original account branch of BofA is in Seattle, and my local branch manager is in Lincoln City OR? I'd try talking to him if I thought it would help.

Zipp, I DID escalate to customer service manager. She was the one who told me there was nothing she could do.

Wine does heal all, doesn't it?

Lynne
Old 09-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think it matters... try calling the branch manager that you know and if that doesn't work march into the nearest branch. Even if they refund $40 and it takes an hour of your time... $40 an hour's a pretty decent payscale for that hour
Old 09-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Oh I've missed sooo much!! Hubby left again to take care of his father. Me plus 5 kids plus job plus volunteering = no computer time. I did stay on plan and reached my goal which I thought was a ridiculous long shot ...loose size 12s. I tried on a size 10 dress that fit last week

Puppies/Cruises/ Many good times!!!

Lynne, (hugs) that was a people suck day if I ever heard one.

My goal for the end : toned size 8. Had a big whoosh this week and thangs look a little loose and saggy
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Peaceful you're doing sooo well! That sag will be gone in no time! Yikes to the 5 kids on your own... sending you extra super duper doses of patience
Old 09-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Peace, there you are! Welcome to the end of the world!!

Tami, I did as you suggested and visited the local BofA branch manager this afternoon. He was appalled at the behavior of the call center, and said he was sorry about that, and that he would reverse BOTH overdraft charges. He added that I can always come in and get help from the local branch, forget the national call center, they're awful.

Zipp, I tossed the aftercare survey already, or they would have gotten a piece of my mind. There are exactly 2 banks in Lincoln City (and a federal credit union, but I don't think I'm eligible for that one), and BofA is one of them. The other bank is local to a few coastal towns here.

Thank you for your help, my friends! We won!!

Lynne
Old 09-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

YAY!

Glad that worked out! They seem much more accomodating in person for whatever reason
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #73

Lynne - you did WIN! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I bet you felt really great walking out of that bank! WELL DONE!

Peace - way to go! Keep up the good work?

Tami - how are you this a.m.? How did the weekend go? Do you have pics to share???
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #74

I had a good weekend. We had softball all night Friday night. Saturday was the costume game. We did a spoof on Toddlers and Tiaras. It was really fun! My parents came to our house and we hung out with them all day and watched the game. We then went out for dinner. Yesterday was church/SS/games/movies. I ended up messing up my blood sugar completely. We thought we would play 1 game and be done. Well the girls played their hearts out and won, so we had another game at 3:30. I didn't plan correctly and didn't have food with me. I ended up too many carbs and not enough protein, this morning while walking with DH my blood sugar crashed HARD! Well, I needed to switch up my rotations for JUDDD so today is an up day. I am still a bit shakey so I know my blood sugar isn't totally where it should be. GRRRR hypoglycemia, you think I would learn. I have only had it my WHOLE LIFE!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Yikes, Monica! Glad you know what's going on, though, and know what steps to take to stabalize your blood sugar! Sounds like a great weekend otherwise!

No pics yet. I had my hands full all weekend, but someone else was taking pics, so I'll see if there's anything worth sharing once she uploads them I'm up a pound or so this morning, but sore & feel swollen so hope it's just water. I did have a great time, though. I'm going to be spending a couple of weeks traveling with my friend and these two older puppies later this month, so it was great to get to know them a bit, have them experience their first hotel, etc. They're wonderful puppies and took everything in stride. No issues with the travel, hotel, anything
Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Happy October everyone! I have not been checking in as often as I would like... I'm going to work on that! I seem to miss so much after only a few days!
I was away for the weekend again, and indulged in a few adult beverages again... But I'm happy to report I am down to 189.8!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
... But I'm happy to report I am down to 189.8!

Congrats Boop!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

I've got a new low to report - down 2 to 217
I snuck past the 60 pound mark. It's crazy to think of carrying 2 of the 30 pound bags of dog food we feed with me everywhere I go 24/7! 2 more bags to go and I'll be one happy happy camper!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #79

BOOP - way to go!!!!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!!

Tami - way to sneak right past that 60 pound mark~! You are doing so well!

All is good here! It's a DD, I am hungry. I think I will nibble on something here soon so I can think better!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Monica! Good luck with your DD
Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!!

Monica, your life is a whirlwind of activity! I defy anyone to keep as many balls in the air as you do and keep on track with diet as well as you do.

I thought JUDDD was supposed to FIX low blood sugar among other things. Or am I expecting JUDDD to fix everything (car, breakfast, dishwasher, change light bulbs) with that SIRT1 gene??

Boop, yay for adult beverages, and congrats on 189.8!!

Tami, 60 pounds!!

When you think about it as two HUGE sacks of dog food, it makes a lot of sense why we feel so much less tired at the end of the day without the weight, huh?

I saw this TV show last year (can't remember what it's called) where they took a very overweight guy to a place where they could show him what it felt like to be lighter. I don't know exactly how it worked, but I remember him being on the treadmill at his ideal weight (virtually - he was still fat in real life) and it being a real revelation to him to experience that lightness.

Does anyone else remember seeing that?

Me, scale still says 167, but my skin is changing sizes again - it starts looking like it's three sizes too big for a while before I lose more weight on the scale.

I was reading TryingJUDDD's 6 month report the other day in which she said: "I did a complex spreadsheet that analyzed the patterns in calories, calorie composition, exercise, TOM as they relate to pounds lost and came to the conclusion that my rate of loss was only minimally impacted by the factors that I can control. That was a sobering take-away."

It made me think. I sure do like to think. Meaning, maybe the only valuable way to tweak JUDDD is to tweak myself to be able to comply with it in a way I can live with.

For example: I couldn't do extremely low calorie DDs without setting off the cortisol monster. It set off a cascade of bad effects that worked against fat loss (sleep deprivation, etc) and made things a whole lot harder than they had to be. So I had a choice: raise my calories or find a way to suppress cortisol release at low calories. The only one I know how to do (at the moment) is raise my calories, so I went that way.

I started exercising regularly so I could choose the "light exercise" level on the JUDDD calculator instead of the "low/no exercise" numbers.

I limit carbs so my appetite doesn't overrun my calorie numbers.

I use protein powder shakes for DDs because it makes it easier for whatever reason and I can take a break from counting counting counting.

Just some random rambling thoughts. I'd better get back to work!

Hope everyone's having a good Tuesday morning!!

Lynne
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Lynne, I love your thoughtful posts! I have no doubt you can accomplish anything you set your mind to! I haven't seen the show where the gentleman was lighter, but have seen ones where they add the weight back on... ugh... I can't even imagine carrying those 2 bags of dog food around everywhere I go 24/7!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #83

Quote:
I thought JUDDD was supposed to FIX low blood sugar among other things. Or am I expecting JUDDD to fix everything (car, breakfast, dishwasher, change light bulbs) with that SIRT1 gene??
It is probably helpful with high bloodsugar. I have to be very careful to keep my carbs in check with JUDDD. Since carbs aren't restricted and protein tends to have higher calories so I stay away from it. It can just lead to a bad situation for me. I just have to watch it, basically, I KNOW BETTER!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #84

Lynne - sounds like you have it all under control. You are so good at that. I tend to be all or nothing! I'm either have a really good DD or UD or really bad. Must get that all leveled out.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Lynne - sounds like you have it all under control.
Oh, I WISH.

The truth is, JUDDD looks very simple, but it's maybe harder than it looks to get and keep your balance on it! We're all figuring it out as we go because what works for one person doesn't work for everyone. One person's "Eureka!" is another person's "yawn...".

Just like life, come to think of it.

Lynne
Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Ugh. I have been logged on on my phone today and types out a little novel... Submitted it and my login had timed out so frustrating!
I weighed in this morning at 189.4 so something is working again for me!
My novel was in regards to JUDDD... For all you ladies on it, I have been toying with the idea of moving over to it once I am closer to goal weight.. My question being how hard do you find the DDs. I did it for a few weeks a couple months ago, but has such a hard time with the down days. I know it may not work for me. But I like the flexibility and forgiving nature of it! I lurked the Juddd boards. Even posted for a bit, so I get the premise of it... But do any of you have any personal thoughts on it?

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #87

Lynne - I have not ever been able to get my calories below 500 on a DD. Most often I am lucky if I can keep them below 600c. I do much better on the weekends when my brain doesn't have to be full on focused for work. I just adjust to that and move on. Hopefully the next time I weigh I will be in the 160's. I have been trying to get there for what seems like FOREVER!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #88

Boop, as I just stated, I can't keep my levels on DD's at such really low #'s like others. My goal is under 600c. Honestly, the first 3 weeks are the toughest. After that, the dd's do get easier Plus you figure out a routine for yourself. I still have some really HARD DD's and then there are some really Easy ones. Heck, Saturday was a SUPER easy DD! LOVE THAT!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

You'll get there, Monica! JUDD, to me, is something that I will try when all else fails. I just can't see putting myself through all of the counting if I don't have to. Right now I don't have to.... in the future that may change and I'm really enjoying learning from all of you as you work your way through it!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
JUDD, to me, is something that I will try when all else fails.
That's kind of what happened to me. I was stalled with Atkins for a YEAR. I had to do something different!

I don't have any trouble at all with DDs. It took me a while to find my happy place, I had to try a bunch of different things, and discovered there are things that work for other people that don't work for me; but now it is smooth sailing! If I get an extra hungry DD, I flex a little. Others tough it out. Either way, they don't seem to happen very often.

I actually look forward to DDs as much as UDs now
(I know, please don't throw things at me, I'm sorry ), and work/play/concentration/exercise is not affected at all. My work/concentration might be a little better on DDs in fact with no distractions.

Hope this helps!

Lynne