Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Tomorrow we leave!!! Someone better start a new challenge !!! After the cruise I will need it!!

Have a great Christmas all!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Have fun, Monica!

Anyone have a name idea for the new challenge? Lynne? You're usually good at that stuff

My new low from yesterday was already gone this morning... thinking of a 4 day carb fest and restart after Christmas. I've been tossing around 2 cheat days vs. 4 and hubby knows it. Last night he brought me home my favorite candy.... I put it away last night, but it's not going to stay that way for long. lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning everyone!! It's been a while since I've checked in, sorry about that!

Monica, have a great time. You're probably already gone by now, but bon voyage anyway!! See you after you get back!

Danielle, I hope you get better soon, it's so not fair to be sick on the holidays!

Tami, I like the idea of a 4 day carb fest, but then I'm a notorious bad influence so don't listen to me.

I have NO idea what to call the next challenge, either. Anyone else??

Svensk, the world doesn't seem to have ended, so enjoy your time off! Bone broth sounds very good on a cold day.

Me... If I hadn't dived face-first into the snickerdoodles, I might have lost 12 pounds on this challenge. As it is? I'm not going to look. I didn't go off plan, exactly, I just seem to be enjoying UDs a little too much.

Better luck next time, I guess...I don't weigh MORE than when I started, lol, so I guess that's a win...and at least I'm not drinking.

Happy holidays everybody, and thanks for playing!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Tami, I like the idea of a 4 day carb fest, but then I'm a notorious bad influence so don't listen to me.
And I love you for it!

Quote:
I don't weigh MORE than when I started, lol, so I guess that's a win...and at least I'm not drinking.
Sounds like a win to me!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #425
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Hey ladies! Back from our trip. Had an amazing time despite finding a tummy bug on the last morning there.

I coughed and hacked the whole time but got through it alright. It was pretty chilly there, made me thankful that we cheated alittle bit using the trams that some of the hotel's have in between.

I found it interesting that despite allowing for anything food wise I didn't go completely crazy. I just didn't feel like it. Total win for me! Yeah, I did have beer the 2 nights we were at the shows, but my food consumption was so way under control I was pretty dang proud of myself. We walked ALOT too!
Went to the aquarium. It was pretty nice. Only a coupla complaints.....1) it was freakin crowded and I hate when parents don't bother to watch their own kids in public!!... & 2) I don't think it was worth the $20 a piece it took to get in.. but despite that, we saw some really cool fish and a scary crocodile, and a buncha sharks....I dunno what I was expecting....Jaws to come around the corner, maybe?
I still have to download pics off my camera, but got some pretty fun pics in there.

Funny about the end of the world coming on Friday night..I was at a concert with a buncha freakin scary punk rockers..and my thought was, oh holy heck if we go now, well at least we're gonna go listening to some really great music and drinking some good beer.

Saturday morning kinda sucked....woke up and found out we had no water in our hotel room. There had apparently been an emergency shut-down some time in the night and it wasn't expected to be back on well past noon... well, check-out was 11.. ended up in the spa to get ready, because *they* had water...

Weighed today...pleasantly surprised..229.5..sittin 1 pound above my lowest weight.. hopefully I'll get past it before the end of the month.. here's to hoping anyways!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a great trip and a total win on the food and minimal weight gain! Welcome home
Old 12-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Congratulations on having fun and being so close to your low, Desertgurl.

How long did this challenge go on? I'd like to join another JUDDD challenge, but I don't know what time frame people are comfortable with. If 6 months, maybe "JUDDDing until June"? If a shorter timeframe, maybe "JUDDDing through winter 2013"--which would end on the first day of Spring, March 20, 2013? I'm a JUDDD newbie (just 2 months in), but I'm willing to start a new challenge and continue with this group if someone would give some feedback on how long to set it for ... Or I'll happily join a new JUDDD challenge set by someone else ...
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, fellow challengers! I just started a new "Rockin' Valentine's Day with JUDDD" challenge, and I hope to see you all there!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

New challenge can be found here: Rockin' Valentine's Day with JUDDD

I'll see you all over there!!

Lynne
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys, I'm going to bow out of the next challenge, though I plan on really getting serious about weight loss in the coming months. Best of luck to all of you. I'll come check on you guys every once in awhile
Old 01-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Hey guys, I'm going to bow out of the next challenge, though I plan on really getting serious about weight loss in the coming months. Best of luck to all of you. I'll come check on you guys every once in awhile
Tami, I'll miss you.

Can I ask...are you bowing out because a) you don't have time/inclination for a challenge this time; or b) the Valentine challenge has a LOT of people in it and they're all doing JUDDD ?

Because: if it's b), I'd be open to starting a (smaller, quieter) challenge. No offense to anyone involved, and I Svensk for starting the challenge, but it's already too big for my comfort level - I can't relate to such a big group. Hey, I think that means I'm an introvert.

Thoughts?

Lynne
Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #432
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Tami, I'll miss you.

Can I ask...are you bowing out because a) you don't have time/inclination for a challenge this time; or b) the Valentine challenge has a LOT of people in it and they're all doing JUDDD ?

Because: if it's b), I'd be open to starting a (smaller, quieter) challenge. No offense to anyone involved, and I Svensk for starting the challenge, but it's already too big for my comfort level - I can't relate to such a big group. Hey, I think that means I'm an introvert.

Thoughts?

Lynne
I'll jump in with you ladies!! Lynne, I opted into the challenge too but haven't even gone back to post..it's too big

Tami~ you are not gettin away that easy lady! I need my other mom-of-a-college-kid to keep me sane!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

You nailed it, Lynne. I was having a tough time keeping up with our little group. There's no way I'd be able to keep up with the new one! I don't mind that everyone is doing JUDD, though I'm a huge fan of 'whatever works!' and I may turn to JUDD in the future so it's nice learning a bit through you guys.

LOL Danielle... ah, my college kids... really, shouldn't parenting be getting easier?

So do we want to do a smaller, quieter, challenge? And how do we keep it that way? I mean I don't want to turn anyone away who may need the support, but... hmmmm....
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #434
Big Yapper!!!!

Tami~yeah I guess I was delusional in my thinking that it actually got easier as they grew up. I was wrong! LOL Right now the dilemma is my middle one...first year of college and she is already getting flaky. this is no bueno! She is such a free spirit and sooooo social. I hate to break that spirit but I gotta find a way to get it through her stubborn head that this is the time NOW to get the education in and do it well... ugh, she thinks I have no idea what I'm talking about! No wonder my mother wanted to strangle me when I was this age!

Anyways, I hope we get another group going..I will go wherever we end up.

When is Monica back from her cruise? Miss you!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #435

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! I will check out the new thread!

Had a blast and have MOUNDS and MOUNDS of paperwork on my desk!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #436

danielle, sounds like you had a fab trip!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #437

Tami, I hate to lose anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep in mind, most challenges start LARGE and within a week, get much smaller!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Tami~yeah I guess I was delusional in my thinking that it actually got easier as they grew up. I was wrong! LOL Right now the dilemma is my middle one...first year of college and she is already getting flaky. this is no bueno! She is such a free spirit and sooooo social. I hate to break that spirit but I gotta find a way to get it through her stubborn head that this is the time NOW to get the education in and do it well... ugh, she thinks I have no idea what I'm talking about! No wonder my mother wanted to strangle me when I was this age!
At this point both of my boys seem pretty flaky to me and it's just bewildering! They, yes both of them, have yet to register for classes for their spring semester. I'm done. I'm not helping them. By this age I was out on my own, doing everything on my own.... that's not exactly what I want from them, but geez. Yesterday my youngest couldn't find any boxer briefs and mentioned needing more. I gently told him that at this age my mommy wasn't buying my underwear anymore. I was always more worried about the younger one, but at this point he seems to be 'getting it' while his brother who dropped out of a military academy (truly gifted child) seems to be floundering. I keep reminding myself that they're both still 'ok', neither do drugs or get in any real trouble, but I sure hope they find some motivation soon! Mommy sure can't muster it up for them! It's just beyond frustrating!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back, Monika! Hope you had a great time! Sorry about the paperwork

I do realize that most challenges dwindle and especially this time of year.... just don't feel any real pull to join...
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #440
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
At this point both of my boys seem pretty flaky to me and it's just bewildering! They, yes both of them, have yet to register for classes for their spring semester. I'm done. I'm not helping them. By this age I was out on my own, doing everything on my own.... that's not exactly what I want from them, but geez. Yesterday my youngest couldn't find any boxer briefs and mentioned needing more. I gently told him that at this age my mommy wasn't buying my underwear anymore. I was always more worried about the younger one, but at this point he seems to be 'getting it' while his brother who dropped out of a military academy (truly gifted child) seems to be floundering. I keep reminding myself that they're both still 'ok', neither do drugs or get in any real trouble, but I sure hope they find some motivation soon! Mommy sure can't muster it up for them! It's just beyond frustrating!!!
Oh I feel ya! I really do! My oldest is just sooooo laid back that there is no urgency in his movements..he just does whatever, whenever..drives me nuts! He is very gifted but doesn't feel any need to really try and is content to get a B when he could easily get an A with alittle studying..again, drives me nuts! Middle one, oye. .. she's gotten so used to telling herself that she isn't as smart as her siblings..has adhd, blah blah blah... I'd believe all that to a point if she hadn't proved to herself and everyone else that she IS capable of getting A's.. again, with studying of course.. It's like, HELLO people, have we not taught you that you have to work for everything???!!!!! It's not like this has been any news flash to these children! My youngest..Oh man, she is the driven one..the one who wants it all. She was already sitting at a 4.0 prior to finals..the girl studied her a$$ off to "make sure" she aced them even though she didn't need the grades. Every class. It's so bad that even when she's sick, most of her teacher's don't even bother to collect assignments from her and just tell her to not bother.. She's the one who truly gets it and does not want to struggle later in life. KWIM? ... but I digress... someday hopefully they'll wake up. I hope! I guess we have much to be thankful for, we have really great kids in the grand scheme of things..just frustrating when you can't make them "want it" more than they're producing..

Monica!!!!!! so glad you had a great time! Now we won't see you for awhile as you try to find your way out of that paperwork
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Aaarggh... see, I'm like your youngest, so anything less is really tough to understand! My oldest is very much like yours... sigh... and my youngest is more like your middle... it's tough being compared to those older sibs who find everything 'easy' and don't really have to try. I can understand that, but he also doesn't put in the effort he should. I swear they were raised so differently with such high expectations. I'm sure they'll all figure it out and find their way. Just hope I don't have a coronary waiting for it to happen! lol
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #442
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Aaarggh... see, I'm like your youngest, so anything less is really tough to understand! My oldest is very much like yours... sigh... and my youngest is more like your middle... it's tough being compared to those older sibs who find everything 'easy' and don't really have to try. I can understand that, but he also doesn't put in the effort he should. I swear they were raised so differently with such high expectations. I'm sure they'll all figure it out and find their way. Just hope I don't have a coronary waiting for it to happen! lol
You and me both, girlfriend!

My middle one is the truest sense of the birth order...totally. She idolizes her older brother and had a really hard time adjusting to him growing up and being gone all the time prior to him leaving for college..and her younger sis she couldn't relate to because she is so academic and a go-getter with school, etc.. My middle..she is extremely social, knows everyone..she could truly have fun at an insurance convention and walk out with 100+ new BFFs Getting her to grasp that *this life with these people* isn't exactly where she will be in 10 years..or even 5! All the "fun" has to go away at some point and she needs to buckle down..
Old 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #443

I posted pics in my journal....if anyone is interested.

Tami, would you be intersted in a smaller challenge, one that doesn't note JUDDD or any WOE in the title????
Old 01-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
You and me both, girlfriend!
They'll get it... I'm sure they will... lol

Monica, OMG... you look fabulous!!! What a beautiful family and so much fun!

As for the challenge, I just don't care a lot one way or the other. I will come find & check on you guys wherever you are
Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, you look gorgeous in your pictures! What a great haircut, and how I envy your beautiful bone structure in your face--which shows up so well, now that you are so slender. I'm glad you had fun on vacation.

The new challenge group is big, since I guess lots of people are open for challenges with the start of a new year. I won't be able to respond much to so many people there. I wish those of you who form a new smaller challenge the best of success. Thanks for your support before the world didn't end.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #446

I guess there's no reason we can't keep this thread going, is there? Tami, would you be willing to come here and check in? I prefer smaller groups, Thoughts???

Thanks for all the kind words. One thing I figured out being in my swimming suit so much over the holiday is that 164 is NOT my goal. I have decided to make 154 my Final Goal weight and plan to hit that in 2013!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, everyone! Monica, you are so beautiful. Your bone structure is just amazing. Welcome back!!

I, for one, would like a brand new challenge.

And I would like it to be spring-oriented, ending on Mar. 20th.

I'm trying to come up with an inspirational name, and failing. New beginning? Fresh start? Something about spring? Thoughts?

Can someone find us an inspirational spring-ish picture for the first post? I'm not good at this part, but I just love the beautiful pictures that (Monica) people have posted on our challenge in the past. Very inspirational!

Lynne
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #448
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I'm in with whatever we do. I love my girls here!

Monica, your family is so lovely! What a wonderful vacation you had.

Tami, high drama rating over here yesterday afternoon... DD18 is going to give me a heart attack..seriously I was "informed" that she is not going to take her second semester of english because she "doesn't have to".. Lord, give me strength!

Lynne, I am horrible with names so I am not the go-to-girl on that one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a DD today and I am absolutely freezing. Haven't had a cold DD in awhile..well, since I fell off the wagon if we're being honest. Must be doing things right and gettin myself all put back together if the coldness is visiting me on my DD's again. (yes, and who'd a thought I would get excited about something like being cold! )

Busily trying to get ALL my xmas stuff finally put away today. My kids talked me (again!) into keeping everything up past new years. They love this for some reason..and yes, I'm a total sucker.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Alrighty... I'm not good with names either, but I definitely do want to keep track of you beautiful ladies... and I guess it would be nice to add yet another challenge to my signature w/ a goal weight of 199. LOL

Ok so here are a few pics... I'll just link them for now....

Bridges to Spring... burning bridges til spring... ummm... told you I suck at names!
http://www.dangerouscreation.com/wp-...08/spring2.jpg

Sprouting wings for Spring? Sprout into Spring? (I suck! haha)
http://www.sky-wallpaper.com/uploads...62-3D6B9ZF.jpg
http://www.coomerahouseboats.com.au/.../09/Spring.jpg

Self explanatory:
http://www.arabamericanmuseum.org/um...ring_idea3.png

Think *thin* for Spring?
http://www.comments20.com/wp-content...Graphics46.png

I could probably photshop something if we could come up with a name... cause obviously I can't! lol
Old 01-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #450
Big Yapper!!!!

Tami~ that is by far ALOT better than i could EVER come up with!