Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #391
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Hey ladies...crawling in on all fours, sick as a dog.. *cough*cough*..

DD16 has been sick all week and now I've got it It's all sittin in my chest right now and praying it all goes away very quickly because I have a mini-vacay to attend to in a week.

Finished my last class today.. final went ok. I'm just glad it's all over with.

Kinda blew my eating for today...hungry for comfort foods... on a DD Not gonna worry about it, it'll all work out in the end..

Lynne~ I would think at your height 120 would make you very tiny?! I think you'll know your number when you arrive...well, that's kinda what I'm thinkin for myself anyways I know 140 for my height of 5'3" might be a lil chunky, but when I got to around 155 several years ago I looked pretty small...so figured I'd get to 140 and reasses (sp?) and decide about going smaller..

I'll be waitin for that rain!

We decided when we're in Vegas we're going to go to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay. I'm so excited, it sounds fun!

Monica~so glad you guys had such a great time!! I wish sometimes I liked wine cause everyone I know loves it...I just don't tho Now, beer....now we're-a-speakin-my-language!

Tami~Yeah, the scale is a pain in the behind sometimes...he's playin with all of us, I think. Busy busy for us all! I'm lookin forward to some down time soon!

Sven~yikes, walking on ice sounds scary! I'm a total klutz and that would not be a good combo for me.
Sorry about the hungry DD's! I'd been doing great on mine for several weeks now and today, BOOM, starvation feeling all day! Guess it's from feeling crummy, I dunno? Needless to say, I kinda blew my low cal streak today. There's always tomorrow, right?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Feel better soon, Desertgurl. I'm a great believer in all sorts of hydration when you have a respiratory infection--hot steamy showers, warm steam vaporizer by the bed or chair, cups of tea and seltzer, chicken broth, etc. I used to get bronchitis every year (probably encouraged by having been a smoker for lots of years) but haven't had it so far this year (frantically knocks on wood). I think it's the norm around here to do what feels right for your body when sick or in pain, so don't give that higher calorie DD a second thought.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #393
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Tami - tis the season to be majorly BUSY!

Lynne - that aquarium event sounds amazing! I would love that. Only you can decide what weight works best. Are you small boned? I am just a tad taller than you and anything under the 150's and I would look awful. My goal is 156. But that's me! I am 5'8" and big boned. There is NOTHING tiny about me.

SVens - we are keeping the wine for ourselves!!!!!!!!!! DH and I love love love drinking wine. With Dinner, while watching a movie. You name it. It's something we both enjoy. 1 bottle covers a full evening nicely for the 2 of us! What level of DD calories are you at???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #394

Quote:
We decided when we're in Vegas we're going to go to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay. I'm so excited, it sounds fun!
I have always wanted to go there! JEALOUS~ If you have it in your chest, girl, do to the DR!! Really! Get some meds so by VEGAS time, you are FIT as a FIDDLE !!! OH and Wine, 2 years ago I couldn't tolerate even a sip. Then I went to a wine party and the host (she was a wine marketer) sat with me and we discussed my likes and such. She taught me what exactly I would prefer. I love it now. She was so right. My only knowledge of wine was what the problem was. Start with sweet stuff and move down from there. Now, I cannot tolerate sweet wine at all. Now , for me, it's all about the DRY!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #395

Food is going well. My up days are a bit high but my DD's have been spot on. I am up 2 pounds, but honeslty, with all my enjoyment I have had foodwise lately. I am very pleased that it is just 2!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
SVens - we are keeping the wine for ourselves!!!!!!!!!! DH and I love love love drinking wine. With Dinner, while watching a movie. You name it. It's something we both enjoy. 1 bottle covers a full evening nicely for the 2 of us! What level of DD calories are you at???
Enjoy that wine, zipp2play! I like your story about thinking you didn't like wine and learning that you needed to pick the wine that suits your palate. Mostly I have an "that's okay" reaction to wine, but occasionally I'm served something that I still remember as "that tasted amazing!" (including a good port from Portugal and a wonderful Hungarian dessert wine that I had decades ago and still remember).

I'm aiming for between 300 and 500 calories on my down days, and mostly manage to stay there, though occasionally I've been hungry enough at night to start my up day at about 1 minute past midnight.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Hi ladies! Long time no see. I've been sort of on plan but need to get more serious as I've probably put some weight back on. Great news! I've reached my EOW goal and am in an 8. Still tight in waist but 10 is too big. I'm really trying to get motivated to exercise again bc the rapid loss does not look awesome right now!!

Latest tightest measurement
Underbust 31
Waist 29!!!
Hips 34
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Well done, PeacefulGuide! What's your plan for exercising? T-Tapp is supposedly really good for trimming inches in the waist; unfortunately, I still need to motivate myself to do it.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
One thumbnail formula is 100 pounds for the first 5 feet of height and then 5 pounds for every inch thereafter.
I'll change my goal to 135. That makes more sense, I'm medium-framed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
I've been finding myself very hungry at night on my DDs, which means that my UDs have been starting right after midnight, which isn't great. Oh, well, I know sometimes JUDDD is harder and sometimes it's easier and mostly it gets easier over time. I've been JUDDDing for about 6 weeks now.
That's true. "Extra hungry" times, for me, seem to call the whoosh fairy to come pay a visit. So I try to take advantage of those when I can, without being completely miserable.

Danielle, my goodness!! I'm so sorry to hear you're sick. Chicken broth for DD comfort, maybe? It's a good thing finals are behind you now, at any rate. Vegas, here you come!!

Svensk, when it snows here on the Oregon coast, even just a dusting of half an inch that's melted by 11 am, the whole place comes to a screeching halt. It's amazing. The schools close, and we all just watch it melt from our livingrooms, blinking in bewilderment, until the all-clear when we venture out again.

But 100 mph winds with rain blowing sideways and trees crashing down over the roadway, on the other hand? Carry on as usual, just another day at the coast. Throw a chainsaw in the trunk on your way to work in case that giant tree comes down over the highway, and get your free firewood.

At least it sounds like you're used to the snow there. As long as everyone drives intelligently, no problem!

Monica, that was a good idea, going to that wine party back then, and being open-minded about it even though you didn't like wine. It opened up a whole new world for you!

I think all of us are doing DD/UUAD right now, it seems to be a JUDDD fashion trend.

Isn't it wonderful to just enjoy ourselves with food? I can't remember EVER just being happy with food and not worrying about it. Even back when I wasn't paying a bit of attention to what I was eating, I didn't really enjoy it, it was just carb addiction. Now, even when I'm eating too many cookies, I'm loving them. When I'm fasting, I'm loving it. I don't understand this aspect of JUDDD, but I like it!

Peaceful!! WTG on reaching goal!!!

I don't know what to say about exercise, maybe time for a 30 day shred again?

Anyway, good job!!

Me, I'm glad to be here with you all as the end of the world approaches. I've lost 55 pounds this year. (None of them recently, I'm afraid, but still.)

It's an UD for me, and the scale has bounced up a couple of pounds to 162, but for my life lately, I'm calling that a solid win. As I said, I'm just happy to be here. Not long ago, with life crazy and snickerdoodles calling, I would have been on a gain-it-all-back binge. Not this time! (Not ever again, actually!)

TGIF, everyone!!

Lynne

P.S. Danielle, I can't wait to hear your report from the Vegas aquarium, Mandalay Bay!

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #400

Peace - way to go!!!!!!!!

Sven - It helps that I go to bed at 9:00, sometimes earlier on DD's!!!!!!!!

Lynne- 55 pounds is AMAZING! way to go girl. YOu should be so proud!!!!!!

It's FRIDAY ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! Plans for the weekend?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #401
Blabbermouth!!!

Still sick here. Better than yesterday, but not great. I'm alraedy tired of coughing, it hurts!

Rained all night long here, of course today you'd never know it... clouds are headed back in however, and this makes me a happy girl!

Scale is going backwards.. but it's my own fault.. can't do subsequent MD's and expect the scale to go down. I'm eating what I want when I want for now just trying to feel better... the numbers will go down again soon.. I PRAY!

Just got all my grades today.. 4.0 Thank you Lord Baby Jesus. ..Not that it matters..I'm not goin back next semester, but it's the principle of it all..

Weekend plans? Finishing up with the Christmas decorating and Sunday the mission is to finish shopping so I can spend the first part of next week wrapping and cleaning before we leave for Vegas...DS will be home next Wednesday!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Monica, I end up eating at 12:01 am on my up days because I'm too hungry to sleep earlier. I need to focus on saving some calories until later, or maybe be a little less strict with my calorie allotment to wait until morning to eat. But I should at least try the early bedtime technique and see if it works sometimes.

Congratulations on your 4.0 grades, Danielle. I hope you can get lots of rest now so that you recover fully before your Vegas trip.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #403

Danielle - when do you leave for VEGAS????????? Will your son be home most of semester break???

Svens - I often go to be early on DD's, just so I won't eat! I get in bed with my book and before I know it, I am out!!

That being said, my eating was OOC all weekend. Out of CONTROL! Today, is still and up day, but a managed one. My goal is to have a DD Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday! We go on our CRUISE this week! We are all so excited!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Goodness, you are having some interesting experiences lately, Monica. Where is your cruise going and is there a particular theme for it? I understand that there's usually lots and lots of delicious food available on cruises, so are you giving yourself a break from JUDDD or just aiming for maintenance then?

I had a pretty easy down day on Saturday and did try going to bed early, which definitely helped. My up day on Sunday was probably below my suggested calories (just brunch and then a big salad for dinner, with some added protein and lots of dressing), so I hope I don't get too hungry today. I have the usual supply of chicken breast, light cheese, radishes, hard-boiled egg, and half and half for coffee/tea, and I'll need whatever I need to from that list to be able to concentrate on work. I think that's the hardest part of difficult down days for me--having to concentrate despite a little mantra of "I'm hungry, I'm hungry, I'm hungry" running through my brain. I hope that doesn't happen today.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Sorry for another fly by guys! I tried to quickly skim this page, but know I've missed some important milestones in your lives & I'm so sorry. Desert Gurl, hope you're feeling better! Awesome on the size 8's peaceful! Monica & Lynne, so nice to see you guys still checking in here and still doing so well! Sven, good luck with your DD. Don't know if I could do it with hunger screaming at me all day!

I'm still exactly the same and it's quite annoying, but I'm going to try not to let it bug me too much until after New Year.

Hugs & well wishes to each of you!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #406

Sven - no down days while I am gone. I am just going to try to stay in control. No theme, well, probably Christmas is how the boat will be decorated. We are visiting, Cozumel, Roatan, Belieze and Grand Cayman. We have excursions set for each destination!

Tami - don't give up girl!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Sven - no down days while I am gone. I am just going to try to stay in control. No theme, well, probably Christmas is how the boat will be decorated. We are visiting, Cozumel, Roatan, Belieze and Grand Cayman. We have excursions set for each destination!
Sounds like great fun and great weather! A friend of mine worked in Grand Cayman for a while (so her firm paid fewer U.S. taxes), and I kick myself for not visiting her there when I had the chance. She said the weather forecasts there were basically, "In the 70s and sunny, as usual" every day.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #408

Oh I've been there before and it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey ladies! Dropping in real quick before I head off to finish up shopping..

Still sick! I cannot seem to shake it. While I feel alot better than the first coupla days but just not myself, yet. I tire easily and a cough that sounds like I've been smoking for 20 years Hoping to regain my energy the next coupla days because the weekend is going to be a long one and I truly want to have some fun!

Haven't been following JUDDD very well either. I finally quit weighing a few days ago because with yo-yo'ing with the plan and TOM there wasn't much point. I'm sure I'm up and will have plenty of work to do to "re-lose" I guess I'll consider myself lucky if I can at least end this month at what I started it out with...

Try to stop in tomorrow, we leave early Thursday morning!

Monica~ DS ended up coming home last night instead of Wednesday.. He will probably stay through the new year and then head back home.. turns out one of the boys was staying behind to work and will only come home for Xmas and then go right back to work.

Sven~ I am really trying to feel better! Just thankful that school is over with...I got sick the day of my last final..close one! I have the same lil voice in my head on hungry DD's..it goes het hard to ignore after awhile!! I had just lost it and now once I get going again I know I'm gonna have to fight with it again for awhile. My own dumb fault!

Tami~ busy lady!! Hoping all is right in your world!!

Lynne~ will lyk how the aquarium is. It looks fantastical!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #410

Danielle have you gone to the DR, if not, GET your booty there!!! So glad your son is home!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls! All's right here. Still on plan, but probably will take a day or two off for Christmas. Not sure yet. Shopping done, wrapping done, still need to do some food shopping, but we're going to my moms and she usually does most of that so I just need a few things for Christmas morning Things are quieting down a bit. Funny how just the little extra bit of shopping/wrapping/cleaning/etc (I didn't even bake this year at all) eats up all spare time!

Danielle... man, so sorry you're still sick! Dr does sound like a good idea at this point... just think, if you go now you may be nearly 100% for the big day in a week

Monica, you must be getting excited! When do you leave again?
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Desertgurl, I agree with others that you should go to the doctor. You need to be checked out for possible walking pneumonia, and you may need to get antibiotics to shake the respiratory infection. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't gotten bronchitis (yet, anyway), and I usually don't get over it without antibiotics if it doesn't improve a lot in a few days. Also, consider asking the doctor about being tested for pertussis. It's becoming a serious epidemic in adults, and it has to be treated by antibiotics (and even with drugs, you may keep coughing for some weeks, if you have it.) I had it last year and was miserably sick until I finally got it diagnosed and got treated.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #413
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Leangirl
Hey guys I m new to the forum!
I did low carb two years ago and it was the best thing ever! For my skin, and my weight! I lost a whole lot of weight and had amazing energy all the time !
I want to be in that shape by 31st but aimin for -3 lbs by 21sf at least
Mainly doing eggs chicken and cheese right started today yum!
One thing I don't do enough of is drink a
Lot of water which is probably what hinders me a lot!
I fasted all day because I was going to do a water fast but I'm too sick of thinking about foods constantly! Gonna join y'all for the next 4 days'!!
Leangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #414

Tami - we leave our HOUSE at 12:30 Saturday morning. We have to take our dog to our friends house (they are watching her), then we are meeting my family at Outback at 3:00 which is right by the airport. I think our flight is at 7:00 p.m. that day! Excited is putting it MILDLY! Thanks for asking! I plan to FAST Saturday till we eat at Outback!

Sven - how are you girl???

Last night I did a few errands to be totally ready for the trip! I think we are pretty much there. Just have laundry and packing to do Friday night and Saturday morning.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #415

Welcome LEANGIRL!!!!!!!!!! We will probably start a new challenge after Friday. You should join us!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great time, Monica! We look forward to hearing about your adventures.

I'm anticipating some upcoming holiday parties with a lot less anxiety, now that I'm doing JUDDD. I will probably be eating more on some days (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day) than usual, but I remind myself that tomorrow is another (down) day on JUDDD. I've got a good start on a new routine of doing toning and weights DVDs, so I'll keep that going through some upcoming vacation time and be in the groove, to be continued through 2013.

I'm looking forward to continuing on in a new challenge with all of you--assume the world doesn't end.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #417

Sven - I don't stress either. I love JUDDD! I will jump back on TRUE rotations come January 2nd! Yes, assuming the world continues after tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know about the rest of you, but the world is continuing on as usual here in Minnesota. Today my 4 day weekend starts when the office closes early, at 3 pm--hurrah! It would have been a real drag if the world ended just before I got a bunch of paid vacation days off.

I made bone broth from turkey wings and neck and bones, with a pound of chicken feet thrown in, last night, and it turned out to be my best bone broth yet. Apparently chicken feet do add flavor, and I just fish them out and throw them away when the broth is done. Guess I'll have to become a regular buyer of chicken feet, since bone broth is a great help on cold winter down days.

So, will someone be starting a new JUDDD challenge thread? I hope to see you all on it.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Well we made it! Alive & well here, too. I lost a measly 12 pounds this challenge... better than gaining, though! Thank you all for the support, even if I've been MIA lately!

Welcome Leangirl!

Monica, how fun!!! And starting off right... yummmmm Outback

Danielle, how are you feeling?

Sven, enjoy the loooong weekend! A lot of people feed chicken feet to their dogs... don't even know if you have a dog, but that may be an option for after you've made soup?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

And yes, that is a new low (finally!) this morning... but I'm not planning to stay on plan, so I'm not overly excited about it as I know it won't last...