Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning ladies. I made it through my DD yesterday but MAN did I struggle. I kept it around 700c so I will call that good. So ready for today being an up day! I started reading a new book series last night. I am hoping I really love it! It's called the Uglies. I think there are 4 in the series. Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras are the 4 books. So far, I am loving it. It was compared to Hunger Games....and I know I certainly loved that series. I also read Divergent and Insurgent (another series compared to Hunger Games). So I went up to bed at 7:40 and read till around 8:30 then I went to sleep. Good answer for a tough DD!

It's TUESDAY, that's a positive step in the right direction!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #362
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Monica~ My DD has read the Uglies series, she loved it. I have such a huge list of books to read yet, I'll still be trying to get through it when I'm 90 Never read the Hunger Games series, my DS did tho, loved them.

My last DD was so hungry it was almost unbearable...praying today goes alot smoother!

Lynne~ we don't have a tree yet.. it's been so freakin hot here that the lots just barely went up this past weekend.. and still we are gonna get mid-high 80's thru this week.. not a happy girl! Very odd feeling to be putting up Xmas stuff when it's hot outside!

glad you guys are starting to feel better!!!!

Not feeling great today, sore throat and a cough that is threatening to hang around Just what I need a week before finals..

Spent the morning messing around shopping online... heehee...yeah, studying was *supposed* to be on the agenda but I got sidetracked... oopsie! I'm so over this semester I cannot even tell you! My first day off of school I'm not doing anything but lay around and watch movies all day long.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
By the way, NICE to see so many people posting!
Just as I drop off the face of the earth? Sigh... really didn't meant to, just got really busy. All is well, UTI is gone as far as I can tell. Finished antibiotics on Sunday. Thank you for all of the concern. Yes, Monica, you're a freak of nature. lol Lynne, glad you and the kiddo are feeling better! Your aquarium trips sound like fun! Desertgurl, your weather sounds amazing! I miss the warm weather already! We had torrential rain with some flooding on our street (cars & street - no houses thankfully!) over the weekend. I'm about as done with winter as you are with school <gg> Hope that sore throat never manifests into anything serious and that finals go well!

I've been hanging out at 211 for about a week. Not horrible, but not making progress - nor really trying very hard to do so. I guess it'll work til after the holidays
Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #364

Danielle - so far I am LOVING the Uglies series. I have the first 3 books at home from the library. I plan to take them all on the trip with me. I have 3+ hours flight to and from FL, I can get a TON of reading done then. Not sure I will read at all on the cruise, possibly at night...if I don't collapse from how much we squeezed in during each day! I may have to ask you to ask your DD for suggestions of what to read next when I finish this series up!

Tami - I am sure that Whoosh fairy will be visiting you soon. I hope things settle down for you soon, which is probably insane to say as the holiday SEASON gets in full swing!!!!!!

Struggling with today's DD. It didn't help that I had to go online and place LARGE BBQ food orders for the customer we buy for at work. I think I would have eaten my monitor if I thought it would help! LOL
Old 12-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #365

We won't tell anyone, but I did LICK the screen several times! maybe I really did? you don't know!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tami - I am sure that Whoosh fairy will be visiting you soon. I hope things settle down for you soon, which is probably insane to say as the holiday SEASON gets in full swing!!!!!!
Thanks Monica! Had to get up several times last night and on the third trip I was thinking, 'The scale has to be nice to me in the morning!' Well, morning rolled around and guess who forgot to get on the scale? lol Lame... hope I didn't miss a new low! lol Will be a good girl today and hopefully will see it tomorrow morning.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Tami~ I'm so glad to hear that the lame UTI has gone and you can get back on to more pressing matters. Wow, the rain there was really bad I've got friends who live in the Bay area and they had some major damage to their yards but thankfully not to their actual homes. I honestly cannot wait to get out of here and back to the Bay... We went to San Fran in March for 4 days and I literally did not want to leave. I was so sad! Soon tho!!

Monica~ Yanno I dunno what the heck DD has read recently..nothing I don't think? I'll have to ask her. She's been so busy with work and school I don't know that she's had time. The lil bugger went and spent $400 on a camera... she "forgot" to tell us until it showed up here at the house and her dad was like, WTH!!! Admittedly, she got a KILLER deal...$1200 camera for $400...I was secretly impressed. Maaaaaaan, I think I'd have licked the screen too! I'll tell ya, one of my greatest joys of going to JUDDD has been the realization that I can have BBQ sauce and food!

Lynne~ how was the acquarium? Hope it was fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 more days of class for 3 classes. Asian history ends next Wed. That woman is trying to kill me...2 chapters to read in 4 days, really???? I'm thrilled to be winding up the semester, lookin forward to not having anything to do for a little while. Ironically, one of the things I "think" I might do over the break....I've developed a fascination surrounding India's independance and Gandhi, and there's a book my prof recommended to me to read... debating to spend xmas break doing that or reading something smutty and mindless.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

3 more days, Danielle... 3 more days... my boys are wrapping up this week too. Can't wait to see the youngest's grades. He just keeps telling me they're good... that really hasn't been the case since early middle school, so we'll see... sigh. I'm sure oldest is fine, but that little one may be looking at technical school really soon... if he's lucky! lol

JUDD & BBQ sauce.... hmmmm.....

Yep, sounds like your friends shared the same kind of weather weekend we did. We're just the other side of Sacramento and it was a crazy storm! Thankfully short lived, but everything flooded quickly!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #369

Flooding is so awful. My thoughts are with you.

Here, we can't get rain or any type precipitation at all. We are slated to have our worst drought year ever, the warmest on record too! Weather is certainly crazy!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #370

Yesterday's DD ended up really good. The morning I struggled, but I think it had to do with all the FOOD I was ordering for our Customer baskets. I swear, seeing the BBQ on the screen just about did me in!!!!!!!!

It's FRIDAY-EVE, weekend plans ladies???

This weekend is Dennis and my weekend away. It's our Christmas gift to each other. We are heading to Hermann MO by ourselves! We have tickets for a wine trails tour. We can visit 7 Wineries, I think. We are staying at a really nice bed and breakfast. We head out tomorrow after work, dropping the kids off at my parents then we will return Sunday. Should be really fun!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #371
Big Yapper!!!!

Monica~ have an amazing time!!! Pics!!

Tami~ yeah I can believe everything flooding quickly, it doesn't normally rain like that there all at once! Ha! and you'd think here with all the monsoon's we get that drainage would be built uber well.... wrong! So backwards here, drives me nuts!

LOL...technical school... Yeah, I've got one who's like that too...she's suprising me this semester tho so I'm pretty proud of how hard she's working.. DS did fine I'm sure, he always done..just kills me that he won't put that lil extra ooomph tho cause his grades would be stellar... my baby on the other hand...she's the overachiever..

Weird day today.. still battling these weird bug bites.. well, I'm assuming that's what they are. Altho', I couldn't tell you how I got bit so many times and didn't feel a one The first "set" I got Tuesday...got really itchy while sitting in the car waiting for DD16 to get out of class.. lower right leg and 1 on top of my right foot, and on my left forearm..sure enough bites appeared and continued to itch all night... THEN, yesterday I got MORE! Another "set" on my LEFT lower leg and foot and 1 on my RIGHT forearm... it's almost like both sets match? then last night I got itchy again on both ankles and I got little ones on both outter ankles and another on each foot.. Then, today as I'm sitting here doing homework, got itchy again on my left leg and 2 more appeared... The first set appears to have gone down in swelling and are now just really bright red but just as itchy as the others.. SO WEIRD!!! And annoying! I've hardly slept in 2 days because I can't sit still

So that's me today... one itchy, sleepy, tired, grouchy, mom. But the scale gave me my low # again so I'm trying to smile. A little.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I really hope this isn't the case, but is it possible that you've been exposed to and bitten by bedbugs, Desertgurl? People differ in their response to the little suckers, but if you are sensitive to them (like me), you may get incredibly/miserably/horrible bites that take a long time to do away. Were you probably bitten at night? They only come out (and bite to suck blood) at night, so they may go unnoticed for some time; once they infest furniture/carpet/whatever, you may have to wash and dry everything affected on hot and/or throw it out. Google "bedbug bites" and see if the pictures and descriptions match your symptoms.

I often work late at night and was bitten by bedbugs in a couch in my workplace's lounge; nobody else noticed because they didn't use the couch except in the daytime. The HR people called an exterminator, who brought in a dog trained to sniff out bedbugs, and he apparently indicated that bedbugs were present. Then the lounge was sprayed, the furniture was pitched, and, a year and half later, replacement furniture is finally going into place.

There is an epidemic of bedbugs in this country, often picked up during international travel and spread through suitcases, mattresses and clothing in hotels, etc. I hope that isn't the case, but your symptoms sure sound like mine.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yesterday's DD ended up really good. The morning I struggled, but I think it had to do with all the FOOD I was ordering for our Customer baskets. I swear, seeing the BBQ on the screen just about did me in!!!!!!!!

It's FRIDAY-EVE, weekend plans ladies???

This weekend is Dennis and my weekend away. It's our Christmas gift to each other. We are heading to Hermann MO by ourselves! We have tickets for a wine trails tour. We can visit 7 Wineries, I think. We are staying at a really nice bed and breakfast. We head out tomorrow after work, dropping the kids off at my parents then we will return Sunday. Should be really fun!!!!!!
The wineries visit sound like fun, zipp2play. Will you be able to put your winery/tasting visits on up days, or go on hiatus from JUDDD during the vacation?

I had an awesomely easy down day with lots of energy yesterday, and only about 300 calories. Today, I had salad at a salad and pizza party at my workplace; I'm planning on making cauliflower with cheddar cheese and cream sauce (macaphony and cheese) tonight, for the bulk of my calories over the next few up days.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #374

svensk - for December I am just trying to maintain. Each and every weekend this month (which is all PRIOR to our FOOD FILLED Cruise) has something going on. I have switched to MWF down days and TTHSS up days. Again, I am sure I won't lose, but my goal, thought 01/01/13 is to maintain. In Janauary I plan to hunker down again and lose these last 10 pounds!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #375

Hey girls, It's FRIDAY! Doesn't that say it all???

We are working a full day then heading out for our weekend getaway~!!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Hi there!

We've had some serious rain here, too, but it seems to have subsided for the moment.

Monica, I hope you have a wonderful time at the wineries!! Your plan for the last 10 pounds sounds so smart. It's just amazing we're talking about the last 10 pounds, right? I mean, I've had 100 pounds to lose for most of my life. I'm not as close to goal as you, but I can see it up there on the horizon...next year.

Svensk, yikes, bedbugs?? I always thought they were mythical creatures. Guess not, huh? How can you distinguish bedbug bites from, say, scabies?

Danielle, here's my vote for "smutty and mindless" over the break. You can always count on me to be a bad influence.

No weekend plans here, except maybe we'll go to the Aquarium for the light display one evening. Yes, it's true, there's nothing to do here but visit the Aquarium.

JUDDD is going well; not gaining, not losing, pants still fit. I've taken to fasting for most of the day on my DDs now.

Have a great weekend!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Hi there!

We've had some serious rain here, too, but it seems to have subsided for the moment.

Monica, I hope you have a wonderful time at the wineries!! Your plan for the last 10 pounds sounds so smart. It's just amazing we're talking about the last 10 pounds, right? I mean, I've had 100 pounds to lose for most of my life. I'm not as close to goal as you, but I can see it up there on the horizon...next year.

Svensk, yikes, bedbugs?? I always thought they were mythical creatures. Guess not, huh? How can you distinguish bedbug bites from, say, scabies?

Danielle, here's my vote for "smutty and mindless" over the break. You can always count on me to be a bad influence.

No weekend plans here, except maybe we'll go to the Aquarium for the light display one evening. Yes, it's true, there's nothing to do here but visit the Aquarium.

JUDDD is going well; not gaining, not losing, pants still fit. I've taken to fasting for most of the day on my DDs now.

Have a great weekend!!

Lynne
I actually had to be bitten by bedbugs twice, after lying on the same couch in the dark and waking up with itchy bites, for me to consider the possibility of bedbug bites. After some google searching, I figured out that was the probable cause and told our workplace HR person--and she called in the exterminators, who is turn called in their sniffing dog and confirmed it. So it's not too easy to find out for sure.

Have fun at the Aquarium, Lynne. I haven't been to many of them--the best in Monterey--but I enjoyed the ones I have been to. Sometime when I find myself in the Baltimore area, I should go to the famous one there.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Sven! We did ponder if it was bed bugs the first day I got bit.. however, I dunno? I have checked regularly for years here for them but haven't noticed anything at all. Couple weeks ago we cleaned everything top to bottom in every room...vacuumed all the crevices, corners, and even the furniture and couches, etc... all of this just to get ready for Christmas and my inssessent need to have a clean house while I'm on break from school ...
After the 2nd day of bites appearing..(both sets seem to have appeared while sitting in my car? ) I vacuumed and wiped everything down in my car, even under the seats... I still got more that night and the next morning..just a few, but nonetheless they appeared. The pics of the bedbugs () *kinda* look like mine, but the spider bite and ant bite pics look like mine too. I'll check again tonight for anything strange but I'm not sure?

Weirdly enough? My DH thinks its a reaction to a new coffee blend I started drinking the morning the first set of bites appeared. I drank it the last 3 days... today I didn't drink it and nothing new has shown up? The other thought was a question as to where my car has been parked...kinda under a tree and near some rocks with big giant bushes..maybe something nested itself in my car somewhere? Blech!
Needless to say, I am now paranoid about everything and have the heebie jeebies all day long!

Praying for sleep tonight and no new developments!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Lynne~ great minds do think alike! I am going for the smutty and mindless I decided last night when the idea of possibly taking time off from school...I am burnt. and since I have no real focus of what I want to be when I grow up...might as well? I'm loving the idea of time off to work on my weight and to get really going with some exercise and strength training.. also, my 2 girls are busier than ever these days and it's all i can to to keep up with them... both are late in the driving area...... pushing the 18yo to finally get her license since she's just about saved up enough for either a downpayment on a new car or buying an older used car all paid off.. the 16yo is so loaded in school that we haven't pushed the driving issue with her.. so funny because I had zero desire to drive either..I didn't get my license until I was 20 years old! I believe it's all the traumatization I incurred being in several accidents with the same girlfriend when we were likfe 17 & 18 years old DH asked me once, why the heck did you keep gettin back into the car with her after the first one?!
so yes, after this long-winded response.. (I'm a gabber, didja figure that out yet? ) the smutty has won out and I cannot wait. I've got 2 classes left and I'm FREE!!!

Rain! Glorious rain! I sure would love some. Heck, even just an afternoon without hot boiling bright sun would be nice!

Man, I cannot wait to be in the place where you, Lynne & Monica are where you start contemplating maintenance levels and 10 pounds left til goal.. So proud of both of you! Its one of the biggest reasons why I committed to this lifestyle because I knew the two of you were so successful with it. I did just realize today tho that I am now finally only counting double digits down to goal..as apposed to the 3 (100+lbs) numbers... 90 lbs to goal...I was shocked to have that revelation and made my whole morning!!!

Not much going on here...finishing up psych paper and Asian history reading... (fun, I know you guys are jealous!) ..and the ole housework..meh!
Oh, and I guess I should actually work on some more Xmas shopping, eh?? LOL I realized last night we've got 2 weeks until Vegas and then Xmas is a few days later..I'm supposed to be done with ALL the shopping AND wrapping before we leave! Just thankful DS has made it easy this year, he's my tough one..so picky! the girls are easy just time consuming...
OH! and I definitely plan to do measurements this weekend...haven't in a while and my DD16 kindly informed me that I look like I'm wearing pajamas my clothes are too baggy.. I guess that's code for: Gee, mom, you must be shrinking??

Anywho..yep, that's me for now
Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #380

Lynne - total fasting on DD's. Not sure I could do that . I get so dang hungry. Never say never though. No matter what you do this weekend , have fun girl . I have never been in the 150's so I am hoping soon I know what it feels like. Well , I'm sure I was in my 150's sometime , probably in 10th grade , on the way up!!

Sven - you have a good weekend too.

Lynne - how tall are you? You are doing so well . Keep it up girl. I'm so proud of you , later in life, going to school. I graduated college back in 1992 and I can't imagine ever going back!!! You go girl!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
OH! and I definitely plan to do measurements this weekend...haven't in a while and my DD16 kindly informed me that I look like I'm wearing pajamas my clothes are too baggy.. I guess that's code for: Gee, mom, you must be shrinking??

Anywho..yep, that's me for now
Woohoo! Congratulations on getting to a 2-digit goal and having pajama-baggy clothes! Great work, DesertGurl! Can you treat yourself to a shopping expedition for smaller clothes?

I've got all sorts of sizes, down to a 6, packed away, so I've been sorting through them once a month to see what I've shrunk down to fit. I've got a long way to go, but I actually fit into some size medium and size 14 blouses again! If I need more stuff, I'm going to go the thrift shop route, since I hope to be in these interim sizes (between 10 and 16) only temporarily and hope to settle long-term into size 6-8, JUDDDing all the way.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Thanks Sven! We did ponder if it was bed bugs the first day I got bit.. however, I dunno? I have checked regularly for years here for them but haven't noticed anything at all. Couple weeks ago we cleaned everything top to bottom in every room...vacuumed all the crevices, corners, and even the furniture and couches, etc... all of this just to get ready for Christmas and my inssessent need to have a clean house while I'm on break from school ...
After the 2nd day of bites appearing..(both sets seem to have appeared while sitting in my car? ) I vacuumed and wiped everything down in my car, even under the seats... I still got more that night and the next morning..just a few, but nonetheless they appeared. The pics of the bedbugs () *kinda* look like mine, but the spider bite and ant bite pics look like mine too. I'll check again tonight for anything strange but I'm not sure?

Weirdly enough? My DH thinks its a reaction to a new coffee blend I started drinking the morning the first set of bites appeared. I drank it the last 3 days... today I didn't drink it and nothing new has shown up? The other thought was a question as to where my car has been parked...kinda under a tree and near some rocks with big giant bushes..maybe something nested itself in my car somewhere? Blech!
Needless to say, I am now paranoid about everything and have the heebie jeebies all day long!

Praying for sleep tonight and no new developments!
Bedbugs are little suckers that hide from light, so you may have to call an exterminating company and ask them to bring in a bedbug sniffing dog to get a definite answer. I hope that isn't the problem, especially since you've worked so hard on cleaning so thoroughly. Fingers crossed that you don't get more bites or find a simpler solution. But if the problem doesn't go away, bring in the trained dog!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #383

Good morning all! It's Monday morning and I had a food/wine filled weekend. In desparate need of a stellar Down Day!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!!

Monica, I'd love to hear the details of a winery weekend. It sounds so lovely!

I'm only fasting for part of the day on DDs - until about 5pm. Then DD as usual. But the fasting window seems to help keep things stable even with all my sinning on UDs. I'm not paying much attention to calories these days, except to keep my DDs under 1000. As long as the pants don't get tight and the scale doesn't move too much, I'm okay with it. I'm 5'7 and a half. Not going to make it to 120, am I?

Here's to an angelic DD for you today. It feels good after a little excess and debauchery, doesn't it?

Danielle, I didn't get my license until I was 20, either. I guess we're late bloomers.

How are the bites today? All better?

I'm enjoying a sunny day here on the coast today after the rain. It's beautiful!

The bluejays are eating the Halloween pumpkin on the deck - they don't seem to mind that it's a jack-o-lantern type rather than a pie pumpkin. They also don't seem to need it cooked. Bless them.

Back to work for me. Take care everyone, the end of the world is 11 days away!!

Lynne

Lynne
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Minneapolis just got 10+ inches of snow, our first of the season, so everyone was digging themselves out today. Too bad the storm was over in time for work to go on as usual today.

After a pretty good down day (though I did start my up day shortly after midnight with a piece of cheese), my weight is the stable. I've got a holiday party at work on Thursday, of course featuring food, so I guess I'll do tomorrow as a down day, Wednesday as a medium day, and Thursday as an up day. I don't want to have to explain why I'm just nibbling chicken breast and a boiled egg, so I'll partake of some non-carby food (but skip the sweets and grains) at the party.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #386

Lynne- at 5'7" anything, you shouldn't be anywhere near 120 girl!

The wineries were amazing. We did the Wine and Cheese 7 trailer event. That took us to 7 different wineries and different foods were paired with XX wine that each winery chose. Some of the wineries were great and they had other wines they encouraged you to sample. Then there were some places that wanted you to pay to sample. The places we had to pay more, well, we didn't buy anything from them. We sampled and moved on. All told we bought 8 bottles of wine so we should be good to go for quite a while! The B&B we stayed at was simply amazing! It was so nice. Elegantly decorated for Christmas. We enjoyed hanging out there. It was a wonderful, romantic, relaxing weekend. Just what we both needed!

Svens- sounds like a plan girl!

Yesterday's DD for me was awesome. I LOVE dd's like that!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #387

Hello out there??? Where are all my pals????
Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys! I'm still alive... still on plan even... scale's not budging, which is annoying, but whatchagonnado? Will try to find time to catch up... sheesh... maybe tomorrow? Another busy weekend planned starting early Friday. Can't seem to catch my breath, but all is well and I hope the same is true for each of you! Hugs...
Old 12-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hello out there??? Where are all my pals????
Here!!

Good morning everyone - I think it's December. We don't even have time to post, we're so busy!!

Monica, I originally chose 120 lbs. because I'm sort of...less endowed, shall we say. Maybe 130 or 135 would make more sense. Any suggestions for a number to shoot for?

I'm eating for all the wrong reasons lately. It's so frustrating! I think it's a phase I'm going through.

The 7 trailer wine event sounds very nice. I would have done the same thing with the cheeep winesellers. I'll buy from the generous, thank you!!

Svensk, how is the snowstorm treating you? Hopefully you got shoveled out successfully, no accidents, no power outages.

Danielle, I have some RAIN to box up and send to you. It's been pouring here for weeks straight, it seems like. Slight exaggeration. But still.

Hi, Tami. Glad to hear you're hanging in there, it's really annoying when the scale refuses to play fair.

Last time Gavin and I went to the Aquarium, I got recruited to distribute flyers to the hotels and schools here in Lincoln City for the holiday lights/santa pictures events through the month of December. It's so much fun, I feel like Santa! It really seems to make people happy when I tell them about it.

They should call it "holiday lights and sharks after dark". There's a big walk-through shark tank, where there's a hall of glass under the water for the people to walk through and see the sharks. It's a little weird to have a big predator looking at you, eye to eye. It sort of makes my tummy flip.

I got Gavin a kid-camera for Christmas.

Back to work for me!! Happy Wednesday!!

Lynne
Old 12-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Monica. I think someone who was 5'7'' would be pretty slender with a goal of 135-140. One thumbnail formula is 100 pounds for the first 5 feet of height and then 5 pounds for every inch thereafter. In my dreams, that puts me at 115 but I look downright scrawny there; 125 is more realistic for a more well-endowed woman like me, but I'll be thrilled if I even get to 130 or so.

Fortunately, I just have to shovel my front steps; I don't drive, so no car to dig out, and my hefty neighborhood association fees pay for getting the sidewalk plowed. I don't mind snow but I hate walking on ice, so I hope there wasn't a lot of melting and refreezing going on today. Snowstorms almost never cause power outages in Minnesota, though icestorms occasionally do.

Tami, I find that my scale doesn't want to budge either, for now. All we can do is hang in there and stay on plan, I guess. Sometimes when that happens, I lose a little more than usual when the scale finally does go down.

Monica, your wine tour sounds like a lot of fun. Are you keeping all 8 bottles to enjoy yourselves or giving any away for gifts?

I've been finding myself very hungry at night on my DDs, which means that my UDs have been starting right after midnight, which isn't great. Oh, well, I know sometimes JUDDD is harder and sometimes it's easier and mostly it gets easier over time. I've been JUDDDing for about 6 weeks now.