Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #331
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Love it! Forgot DS19 wants to hurl himself out of a plane... that may be an option... hmmmm.... he'd actually probably enjoy that more than lift tickets so those are the forerunners right now skydiving for DS19 & season pass lift tickets for DS20... hmmmm...
Oh phew! another "cool" mom like me!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I don't go out all night or early anymore. We are just going for fun!!

I don't need anything either . My Christmas shopping is all done and I even have everything wrapped. Of coarse we are gone from the 22nd on so that sped things up. We are exchanging gifts with my family this weekend , DH's family on 12/16 and with our kids on 12/22 in the morning before we fly out!!! Santa (on the boat ) will be bringing $100 for each kid and the goodies for the stockings!!! That helped too!!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Zipp- done and wrapped? That is impressive!
I have to pick my sister up at the buffalo airport Friday so I will be crossing over to the States around noon and hope to hit up a few stores if the border lineups aren't too long!
No news on the scale here. Been bouncing around 182-183 last few days. Always happens after a new low. *shrug* keeping on keeping on!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

Nice job, Monica!

Last year I was pretty proud of myself for having all my shopping done before Thanksgiving... this year I'm kinda behind Going to Vegas Dec 20-23 so I need to try and get all the wrapping done before we go...I do NOT like being up all night on Xmas eve!

Hope you ladies are having a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #335

Indeed Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #336

Much needed Down day here. I feel good about the weekend, but now I have a bit of a cold. Mostly in my throat. It is RAW! Hoping it stays with just me and doesn't get worse!

How was everyone's weekend?

We shopped Friday. Left the house at 6:45 a.m. and returned after 5:00. FUN full day of shopping. We missed all the crowds and craziness! LOVED IT!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #337
Big Yapper!!!!

Much needed down day here too!

Weekend was good. No real shopping here. We did venture out Thursday night to see the chaos Just went over to Target and Walmart...lord have mercy...lines around the buildings! People out there trying to nab cheapy tv's etc... I don't see the hoohah behind it all, but to each their own.

Monica, I do hope you feel better and that sore throat goes quick! No time for sickness!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Awesome on the shopping, Monica... not so much on the cold! Hope you feel better soon!

We avoided the shopping madness as well... ate my way into chaos instead... obviously up this morning, but back on track and hoping the woosh fairy does her thing in the coming week.

Great job getting back, or staying on, track everyone!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #339

If yesterday was as bad as this cold gets, I am considering myself lucky! Today it has moved from my chest/throat to my head. Still, very managable!

Where is everyone??

D - How did DS's thanksgiving go with the guys? Nothing burned down, right?

Tami- hoping that Woosh fairy visits you soon!

Yesterday was a good DD for me. Ready for a nice up day!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

It is awfully quiet, isn't it? Glad the cold has moved to your head. Hopefully it's moving up & out! I didn't get on the scale this morning, so no news there... I have been having to visit the restroom often, so hopefully dumping some water at least?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #341
Big Yapper!!!!

Haha Monica, no nothing burned down. They did a ham I guess one of the boys got from their dad? They ate super early and were all done by like 4. He said it was good but it wasn't like being home. Just a little over 3 weeks and he'll be home for Xmas and dh and I leave for our trip.

UD today... scale is being wonky Right now all I'm concerned with is getting the darn thing to say 232 like it did the day before TG. I don't figure that I'll be able to eek out much more real loss for the month seeing as there's only 3 days left in the month.

How's everyone? It's quiet here!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #342

Tam i - stay the coarse girl!

D - sounds like it was a good Thanksgiving for your son! You can get to that 232, I just know it!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #343

Good morning girls. I had a very nice, controlled up day yesterday. Today is a DD. Hoping I am able to keep the calories to 700-800!

Cold is still there. Starting to annoy me. I just took a bunch of meds, I should be FLYING high soon!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
I'm just stopping by to thank everyone for all the information and support about JUDDD, which seems to be working for me far better than just lowcarb or just nutritional ketosis or just primal/paleo. After staying on plan during my visit to my sister, my weight was down to 186 this morning, so I'm just 1 pound away from having lost 50 pounds and just 18 pounds away from no longer being obese! I've been doing lowcarb since January and this is the first time I've managed to lose as much as 8 pounds in 1 month, and I hope, hope, hope that my success continues. Anyway, I'm planning to stick with JUDDD/NK/primal, since my first month of this combined approach went so well.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Haha Monica, no nothing burned down. They did a ham I guess one of the boys got from their dad? They ate super early and were all done by like 4. He said it was good but it wasn't like being home.

Sven! Nice job!!! So glad you've found something that works for you! WooHoo to *almost* 50 pounds gone forever!!! I know that one pound will come soon and before you know it you'll no longer be obese! So cool!

Monica... sorry the cold is sticking around... such a bummer.

Speaking of bummers... sigh... I seem to have a UTI which I think is incredibly lame. I haven't had one forever, but tend to get kidney stones, so I guess as long as it improves with antibiotics and the stone that I know must be there passes easily I'll just be thankful it's not worse. Sigh... Started antibiotics this morning and picked up some greek yogurt for lunch to try to combat the antibiotics killing all the good 'stuff'. Lame lame lame, but I suppose I'll live
Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #346

svensk - way to go! So happy for you!!!!!!

Tami - OH girl, so sorry. Best you get that taken care of!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Tami, I used to get UTIs whenever I got over-stressed or too little sleep. I find that drinking massive amounts of cranberry juice--I mean a couple of quarts of the stuff per day--really helps reduce the symptoms; the artificially sweetened kinds work just as well as the kinds with sugar. I hope you get over it soon.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you both. Svenskamae, I was trying to hold off on the cranberry juice because of the sugar/carbs. Didn't realize there are artificially sweetened kinds! Will have to see what I can find.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

Monica~ bummer about the cold!! Hang in there.

Tami~ even bigger bummer! I used to get UTI's infrequently up until a few years ago and had like 3 in about a year.... I don't get any of the initial symptoms until it's like way way bad... Ugh! Thanksfully I haven't had one in a long while *knocks on wood*...praying the anitbiotics work quick and all goes smoothly. Lame, I know, I hear ya!!

Sven, big to you!!!! It's so motivating to finally see the scale move after trying to be good for so long, huh? I hear yaa!!! Altho, my scale is either being really mean to me or about to go on the fritz..I'm gettng wonky weirdo numbers when I weigh....99.0 C'MON!!! Keep it up, you're doing fab!!!

Counting down the days until DS comes home. I had a very vivid dream about him the other night that he went missing and it's freaked me out. Needless to say, he's had to endure his mom texting and calling several times a day for a bit because it's all I can do to stay calm and talk myself out of anxiety
...on a side note: when he was about 6 months old he was nearly taken at a mall... yeah, uh..can you say over protective ever since?????

Anywho, besides the scale doing its nastiness things are good. DD today and for some reason I am feeling way way hungry.. boo! Keeping busy with lots of homework and planning my field trip to the Japanese gardens here on Friday. I'm actually pretty excited about it!

Did we lose Lynne somewhere???? Miss you lady!

Have a great night ladies!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Sven! So close!!! That's amazing And you will be there before you know it!
Tami- I hope it doesn't last long! Those are never fun!
Danielle- almost taken at 6 months at the mall!?! How scary! I would be over protective too!
Monica- sorry to hear about the cold. Tis the season!
I think I'm coming down with something similar. My throat feels tired and swollen and I have the start of a cough... Mind you I quit smoking on Friday so it could be my body getting rid of the crap too. I am having a bad scale week. Up 5 lbs. i have been down all week trying to figure out why... and I just realized tonight why... I had a large cup of baileys and coffee on Saturday. Mostly baileys with a touch of coffee. I didn't even think about the sugars in it til half way thru the drink :s Soooo. If anyone wants to lend me he woosh fairy for a day or two... I will gladly accept!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #351
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes! He was 6 months old and I went shopping alone at the mall. I had him strapped into the stroller and went into a major dept store.. looking at clothes on a overflowing floor with racks of clothes very close together.. I started browsing my way around a rack and as I neared my starting point I saw clothes moving on another rack but didn't see anyone... I come around and next thing I know a woman shoots up (she'd been kneeling) and tears out of the store through the street entrance.. When I checked DS his belt had been undone on 1 side and she didn't have time to undo it completely.. Never did find that lady, and surveilance cams didn't see her face clearly at all.. I'll tell you what, I have NEVER been that scared in my entire life!
So yeah, lil wee bit neurotic when it comes to my kiddos... and even if they're now almost all adults!

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I think it's going around, my DD was home this week with the same stuff.. get well soon!! Kudos for you for stopping the smoking, your bod will love ya for it!!

Extra weight will be gone before ya know it, hang in there.. Mmmmmmmmm Bailey's!!!

Last edited by DesertGurl; 11-28-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
I'm here, I'm here! It's just that I've had a ridiculous amount of life stress lately, major Jerry Springer drama(s) going on in my life, and I just want to hide most of the time.

Monica, Sorry to hear about your cold, I've got one too. Sounds like you're doing good on your rotations anyway which is a big deal when you're not feeling good!

Danielle, you probably figured this out already from reading around, but this is the point at which JUDDD doesn't move the scale for a while. Just wait, it'll start dropping again.

I'm pretty sure that "way way hungry on a DD" means the whoosh fairy is standing outside your door, waiting to take a couple of pounds to the lost blubber junkyard.

Tami, my son drinks low sugar cranberry juice every day. Ocean Spray makes a 50 cal. version, and they make a "diet" version that's even lower than that.

I've seen cranberry supplement pills at the health food store - I wonder if that would work just as well, and no sugar at all?

Svensk, wow that's amazing!! 50 pounds is really something to be proud of.

Boop, to the Baileys/coffee mostly Baileys with a little coffee thrown in for flavor. Tis the season and all that. Too bad they don't make a low-carb version of it. How hard could THAT be?? And for quitting smoking!!

I'd send you the whoosh fairy, but SHE AIN'T HERE.

Me... I'm clinging to my UD/DD rotations like a life raft. My UD's are junk food as needed (frozen burritos? Really??) , my DDs are pure holiness with vitamins. I can't recommend it as a diet plan, but the scale is still holding at 159-ish.

I'm not drinking though. It's been about a year now since I've had a drink, which for me is something to celebrate!

Happy Thursday everyone!! Are all the Thanksgiving leftovers gone yet??

Lynne

P.S. Danielle, your baby almost got STOLEN?? How horrible. I wonder what would make someone want to do this? I was surprised to discover when my son was born (8 years ago) how much security they have in hospitals nowadays, making sure nobody's baby gets stolen. It's apparently quite a problem.

After what happened to you, no wonder you're freaking out a little. Have you told DS about your vivid dream?

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #353

Tami - how are you feeling today? Symptoms mostly gone? Odd fact about me, when I was born my Mom told the DR I rarely Pee'd. They did some tests and found my urethra was almost fully closed. They had to go in and surgically open it! ODD HUH? Freak of nature is what I am !

Danielle - WOW I can't imagine how traumatizing that would have been! I think I would have lost my MIND! When does DS come home? What day???

Boop - I think that Whoosh fairy will visit you soon. Possibly the same day she visits Danielle!!!!! Feel better and CONGRATS on quiting smoking. That is NO SMALL accomplishment! Stay the coarse girl.

Lynne - Sorry you are having so much DRAMA in your life! Come here to chat or vent if you want. I know we are all willing to listen. Way to go on quiting drinking. I have a sister that is an alcoholic, she struggles the demons daily....and often does not win! My thoughts are with you!

Higher DD yesterday. Feeling a little better today. Hopefully by Saturday I am back to normal. We are going to my sister's for her birthday party. I will need to be 100% to manage it all!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #354

By the way, NICE to see so many people posting!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #355

It's FRIDAY---enough said, right???
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

I had a wonderfully easy (very little hunger) DD yesterday, and felt so good that I found myself softly singing to myself as I walked home after a long work day. I think I'm feeling what people call the JUDDD magic now! Today's an up day, and today I'm enjoying homemade smoked bluefish pate on flax crackers, triplecream cheese, coffee with heavy cream, homemade blue cheese and cauliflower soup made with bonebroth, and a big salad with homemade full fat dressing. I really love the combination of LCHF and JUDDD, as a weightloss approach that actually works for me, as something that makes me feel great mentally and physically, and as a way to eat truly delicious rich food every other day, without guilt. Thanks, everyone, for helping me learn about JUDDD and giving me support as I get used to this great WOE.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Svensk, your food sounds GREAT. I'm really glad you found JUDDD too - it's so much fun and it works!

I'm slowly getting back to normal. The sore throat/cough is almost gone!

Muffin has a(nother) sinus infection. His pediatrician heard from an ENT friend of his that if you've got a kid with recurrent sinus infections, what works is to give them 14 days of augmentin instead of the usual 10. So we're giving that a go. Happily, Gavin seems to be enjoying the taste of the augmentin so it's not a wrestling match. (Yet.)

When he went back to school Wednesday, I went to bed to recover from 2 weeks of unrelieved 24/7 sick kid care. I've been watching movies for three days.

Today is aquarium day. We're going to the Oregon Coast aquarium on our usual weekly trip down there, and hopefully we'll have the energy to visit all the animals this week!

It's DD today. I might just fast. It's been a while, but I really like fasting.

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone!!

Lynne
Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #358
Big Yapper!!!!

So glad it's the weekend!

Monica~ DS comes home the 19th or the 20th..I cannot wait. He had his first finals yesterday and will finish up with classes by next Wed.

Lynne~ Aw, I'm sorry to hear about the kiddo that is rough stuff when they're sick. Hoping the new meds helps out alot! The trip to the aquarium sounds lovely, say hi to all the animals!

Sven~ definitely sounds like you've found that JUDDD magic! So glad you are enjoying it and finding such great success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New low today for weigh in! Great way to start out the month!

So that magic that Sven was talkin about...man, I had mounds of it yesterday it was SO weird. DH and I went to the Japanese Friendship gardens here..first time I'd ever been. What an amazing morning full of tranquility. That serenity I felt coupled with a DD... Yowza! Had some fun feeding the Koi and the ducks and watched a little toddler boy just have the best time with those dang fish!We were there for a little over 2 hrs and I did not want to leave. Originally I only went was for an Asian history project... welp, I'll be back again and again because it was total amazeballs!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #359

Lynne - I hope your son feels much better soon!!!

Danielle - sounds like you are doing really well! Keep it up!

Svens - those are the DD's we all LIVE for!!!!!!!!

Survived the weekend, but sure could use more SLEEP! Am I getting too old for busy weekends??? I think I just cram way too much in for the weekend!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone!!

My neighbors are pressure-washing their house and putting up a ton of lights. We haven't got our tree up yet, but as soon as the rain lets up, I'll go out on the deck and bring it in for decorating. (It's a smallish potted spruce.)

Gavin is feeling MUCH better. Me too. I'm still moving a little slowly, but am nevertheless in motion!

So far I'm fasting today (DD). They've quit selling my favorite lc tortillas at Safeway (la tortilla brand), so I've got to find a substitute quick! Any suggestions?

Monica, I hear you about the busy weekends. How is it that something innocent like FUN gets to be something we have to recover from? It's not fair.

I've got to get busy and get my errands done, but I wanted to check in first. The scale isn't being kind to me, which is my own (snickerdoodle) fault, but at least the pants still fit. I think I've rebounded by a few pounds. I'll see what the scale brings in the morning.

Take care everyone!! Happy Monday!!

Lynne