Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   2012 Thanksgiving Day Challenge (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/782493-2012-thanksgiving-day-challenge.html)

michelle204 09-05-2012 11:06 AM

2012 Thanksgiving Day Challenge

Who's UP for trimming DOWN?

There is 11 weeks between now and Thanksgiving and I know I want to commit to 15 lbs gone by then. Who else is up for this? Summer is over and it's time to get serious otherwise Christmas and all it's goodies will come rolling around and that scale will just continue to climb while the energy level goes way down.

Any way, any plan welcome here. Let's just do this together.

I'm Michelle, I'm a carb addict, and it's time to face my enemy!

saltnpepper 09-05-2012 11:55 AM

I'm in. Thanks for starting a new thread Michelle.

My name is Anna and I am a sugar addict.

I need to check in every day to stay on plan.......so I need you all!!:shake:

I'm not so worried about my weight (did I say that??) I need to avoid sugar. Somehow I need to learn to eat fruit on the week-ends as a treat. Probably need to do some research.

As of now I'm LCing. I think I've done most diets......right now this is working best for me. I tried JUDDD once, and it works, but the sugar is my downfall.

:sing:

zipp2play 09-05-2012 12:05 PM

Michelle - thanks for starting us off! I agree, summer is over and it is time to FOCUS!!

Anna - I hope one day I can state, I am not so worried about my weight!!! It will come for me, I know it will!

OK girls, I think I lost 2 pounds the last challenge, maybe 3! ARGH! This time I want to lose 11 pounds. 11 weeks, 11 pounds!

Starting weight is : 170.2
Weight by thanksgiving: 159.2

That is a lofty goal, but I am sticking with it!!!!!

zipp2play 09-05-2012 12:08 PM

Michelle have you heard anything further from Jeanne???

jbatchelor 09-05-2012 12:29 PM

Hi girls--thanks for leaving a link for me to find!! I ate my way thru the last few weeks-so I really need to do this challenge--restarted today at 165!! yikes!! I hope you all have been doing well--things have been kind of hectic here-won't go into all the details but I am hoping they calm down a little and I can relax some..I doubt if I have the time to go back and read so if there is anything BIG I missed, please clue me in!!

I made a blender coconut pie today to help get me back on the road--I absolutely paid no attention to my diet or blood sugar issues the last few weeks--didn't even care--how sad is that? so---I am totally a failure when it comes to my health it seems--can't ever say anything about anyone else!!

hope to do better this challenge too

Jeanne

jbatchelor 09-05-2012 03:26 PM

well-just went back and checked--I gained ten pounds for the last challenge--what an accomplishment!! I would have been ok with maintaining but I think I am surprised it actually wasn't more--I ate a whole bag of M & Ms and a whole pkg of cookies just like I used to do when stressed plus so much more--I truly tried to stuff my stress and feelings and it just made me feel worse but didn't stop me---so I am thankful to return here and try to get back to normalcy of sorts.

ok-that's the sad truth--I am a sugar and carb addict too Anna--always have been and always will be! I love having the company tho!!:hugs:

Happy Birthday Monica--you are young enough to be one of my children!!! hope it is special for a special lady!!!

Jeanne

michelle204 09-05-2012 04:04 PM

Jeanne---So nice to have you back. I hope things begin to look up soon. I know we'll try our best to lift your spirits.

Now let's do this ladies!!!!!

mcchimento 09-05-2012 05:05 PM

Goal for Thanksgiving: 200 lbs.

9/3/2012 - 220.6 lbs.
9/4/2012 - 220.4 lbs.
9/5/2012 - 219.6 lbs.

Not happy! :mad:Thought it was water weight and was going to lose what I gained quickly. Eating on track and will keep moving along. Hopefully it will keep coming off slowly.

saltnpepper 09-05-2012 05:50 PM

:jumpjoy: Hey Jeanne!!! So glad your back. :heart:

Quote:

zipp2play Anna - I hope one day I can state, I am not so worried about my weight!!! It will come for me, I know it will!
"Lucy I got some 'splaining' to do." When I eat on plan, LC, I don't have to worry about my weight. It just settles where it should be. IF I cheat, or eat to many LC snacks, I pay. So really I'll always worry. I should not have said that. Sorry. FWIW I weight every day......I'm so afraid of it getting out of control......again.......cause I've gone down that road many times.

Jeanne were all here for you.....always. I do so much better when I check in every day or so.

Zipp tell us about your b-day. :laugh:

saltnpepper 09-05-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

michelle204 Jeanne---So nice to have you back. I hope things begin to look up soon. I know we'll try our best to lift your spirits.

Now let's do this ladies!!!!!

:goodpost:

:welcome: mcchimento :hiya:

jbatchelor 09-06-2012 03:41 AM

Anna--I am counting on you girl to help me stay on the straight and narrow sugarfree road--At least until I can get back in the groove and strong back in that ketosis groove I so dearly love being in!!

Cathy-welcome to our group--I hope you didn't have any damage during the hurricane-you were clobbered again weren't you--not a good place to be lately--I hope to visit there some day tho-it has always been on my bucket list! sticking together and sharing here will help us all stay with our goals!!

forgot to list my goal for the challenge yesterday---17 pounds by Thanksgiving!! that will bring me to my goal weight of 148--I can do it!!!

Jeanne

zipp2play 09-06-2012 06:08 AM

Jeanne - my thoughts and prayers have been sent your way and I will continue to do so. What you ate is "water under the bridge" now. You did what you had to do to survive what you were going through! I am so happy to have you back. We have truly missed you!

As I mentioned in the other thread. If anyone is interested, let's share email addresses so that if/when something happens, we have another way of contacting people. I PROMISE I won't forward anyone emails, but I won't promise I won't email JUST TO CHAT! If you are interested, PM me your email and I will then email the group so we all have the contact email information! Also, I am Monica Meyer-Rethman on facebook. If anyone is interested.

My birthday was good. I will share a couple pictures. As you know we went to St Louis over the labor day weekend. It was great. We stayed in cabins at a camp grounds right by 6 Flags (but didn't go there). We played a few games over the weekend. We went to Grant's farm. The adults went to the Bud Plant to tour it, I took the kids to the movies as they were NOT interested. Then Monday my parents and my family went to the Cardinals game. It was all GREAT. I ended up working most of the day Tuesday as my assistant needed off at 1:00 but it was all good.

Tristan saw the Ortho DR on Tuesday. He says Tristan pulled his ACL and NCL ligaments. They will both heal on their own. What he was concerned about was T's Growth plate so yesterday morning T had an MRI done. I am hoping we find out the results today. If he did damage the growth plate he will have to be fitted for a brace, if he didn't, light duty and no crutches! Time will tell! He heads back to the vet tonight to work. I plan to leave work early to drive him there instead of him riding his bike!

This weekend is FALL SOFTBALL. Haven has 4 games on Saturday. 9:00, 10:30, 1:30 and 4:30. She and I will BOTH be tired after all that! :D

zipp2play 09-06-2012 06:11 AM

:welcome: Cathy. We talk food, life and anything else in here. It's a great group. Love this girls dearly!

zipp2play 09-06-2012 06:20 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...venandme-1.jpg
Haven and me!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...nm/Haven-2.jpg
Haven

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../tristan-2.jpg
Tristan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...m/the4ofus.jpg
Dennis, Me and my Mom / Dad

zipp2play 09-06-2012 06:20 AM

OK no more pictures , I PROMISE!!!!!!

jbatchelor 09-06-2012 07:04 AM

Monica--great pics--so glad you had a great weekend!! you look like your Mom!! you are looking skinny girl!!! kick off those shoes!! I hope Tristan is ok? what happened to him? I need to go back and read after all to find out! thanks for the kind words--I really appreciate the prayers... I thought I was prepared to lose my sweet brother but it hit me hard after all--he was diagnosed at age 53 with early onset Alzheimers and he was one of the sweetest people on this earth--had to leave his dental practice and retire-he spent the last year and half in a nursing home not knowing us--but was still a sweetheart of a patient there--where they called him Dr. Dan.. I pray for a cure for this terrible robbing disease..

I am headed to get my hair done today-and then back to help Mom--she is dealing with this fairly well-her sister came from Texas and stayed with her about a week-that was the best thing to help her at the time so I am thankful she had a distraction. Losing a child is not the way life is supposed to be no matter what the age. My brother was 64.

Monica--I love pictures!!! You have cute kiddos!!! and a handsome hubs

Jeanne

zipp2play 09-06-2012 07:23 AM

OMG Jeanne, I didn't even notice that. It's a horrible habit I have with FLIP FLOPS!!!!!

Tristan was in PE on 08/27, they were playing Extreme Football outside first thing in the morning. The grass was dew covered. He planted his right foot to turn, but his right foot slipped and the rest of his body was turning. When the Nurse called me, I went with him straight to the ER. They did Xrays and said, nothing was broken. He has been on crutches ever since!

Alzheimers is a dreadful AWFUL disease that literally takes the person you love, changes them, but yet, their body is still here. Dennis has an Uncle that we were very close to that was diagnosed at about the same age as your brother. Devastating! I too pray for a cure. Your brother sounds completely AMAZING and a DENTIST to boot! WOW, so lucky to have had the years you had with him. He battled for 11 years girl! I do pray that there is a cure and sometime soon! Dennis Uncle is still with us but the last time I saw him, he was but a child in his actions. My heart breaks for him and YOU and your family. Horrible! My prayers go to your Mom, no PARENT should ever EVER bury a child!

I love getting my hair done! That's me, next week on Wednesday! CUT/COLOR! LOVE IT!

zipp2play 09-06-2012 07:25 AM

Jeanne - how are the GRANDCHILDREN?????

jbatchelor 09-06-2012 07:48 AM

the grands are good-staying busy-one is taking saxophone now in the band--what a racket he is making! He will be 11 next month! where does the time go?

Thanks for the update on Tristan--I am so glad he had the MRI--need to make sure what is happening in there for sure--this should give them a real picture of what is going on in there! hope he gets better soon-I know its hard to keep a teen down!

Sorry to hear about your uncle-it is just devastating on the family as well as the person having the disease.. not sure they will have a cure in our lifetime--I just heard on the news this week that pre-diabetes is linked to alzheimers--I have heard this before--several times before really--have heard alzheimers called type 3 diabetes--this is one of the reasons I KNOW I need to stay off carbs and get my pre-diabetes controlled--I have all the reasons right before me to stay the course since my Dad, my aunt, and now my brother have all had this disease... I must think about this before I put one bite of carbs into my mouth!!

Jeanne

michelle204 09-06-2012 07:52 AM

Monica-- Fantastics pictures. What a picture perfect family. You guys always lookmso happy. Hope Tristan has fun at work. I love animals so much. Can' wait to hear what they're up to at the vets.

Jeanne-- How's getting back into the groove going for you? Oh and how's your mom's back?

Cathy--- A big welcome to you.Hopefully you wilbe a few steps away from onederland when this challenge ends.

Anna-- Have a great sugarfree day.

As for me, one day down on eating well. But I believe some of my problems lately have been women problem related. I was suppose to have TOM last week and it never came except for all the ugly symptoms like bloating, irratability, and tender things. And the symptons aren't going away either. I know I have started peri-menopause and I guess this is part of it. I hope this doesn't effect my losing too much but somehow I know it will. Any advice?

Sophia 09-06-2012 07:55 AM

Ready for this challenge

I've been away from the low-carb lifestyle for sometime, but it's the only thing that works for me.

I had some medical issues and my weight has skyrocketed: I'm now over 200!! Time to get it down to where it was and then some. I love this goal of Thanksgiving. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for creating it.

Induction starts today!:jumpjoy:

michelle204 09-06-2012 08:03 AM

Welcome Sophia!

We are here for you and I too started induction. Didn't quite make it yesterday. My carbs were 28 for the day. I'll try a little harder today.

saltnpepper 09-06-2012 10:13 AM

Hey Everyone

I'm running behind, but wanted to check in, so glad I did.

Monica!! Love the pic's!! Your family is so great....thanks for sharing. And of course I love all the Cardinal stuff. :jumpjoy:

:welcome: Sophie, jump right in. We all just 'talk' about anything.

Michelle I started all that nonesence at age 47, and I'm still dealing with it. For me it definately slowed the weight loss. Sorry. It may not do that to everyone. :confused: My only real advice watch the salt.

Anna

saltnpepper 09-06-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

jbatchelor
Sorry to hear about your uncle-it is just devastating on the family as well as the person having the disease.. not sure they will have a cure in our lifetime--I just heard on the news this week that pre-diabetes is linked to alzheimers--I have heard this before--several times before really--have heard alzheimers called type 3 diabetes--this is one of the reasons I KNOW I need to stay off carbs and get my pre-diabetes controlled--I have all the reasons right before me to stay the course since my Dad, my aunt, and now my brother have all had this disease... I must think about this before I put one bite of carbs into my mouth!!
Jeanne I too have heard all that. I think several in my family probably had some form of it. AND they were all diabetic.

For me that is why the sugar free attitude is so important. I know I think better without the sugar fog??? Anyway........

Glad your back, and sounds like the g-kids are all doing well. :)

Anna

michelle204 09-06-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltnpepper (Post 15924850)
Hey Everyone

I'm running behind, but wanted to check in, so glad I did.

Monica!! Love the pic's!! Your family is so great....thanks for sharing. And of course I love all the Cardinal stuff. :jumpjoy:

:welcome: Sophie, jump right in. We all just 'talk' about anything.

Michelle I started all that nonesence at age 47, and I'm still dealing with it. For me it definately slowed the weight loss. Sorry. It may not do that to everyone. :confused: My only real advice watch the salt.

Anna

Ahhhhh that's all I need to slow down!

zipp2play 09-06-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

pre-diabetes is linked to alzheimers--I have heard this before--several times before really--have heard alzheimers called type 3 diabetes--
Interesting, I have never heard that at all! HMMMM

zipp2play 09-06-2012 11:22 AM

Sophia, welcome to our group! Induction today, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

zipp2play 09-06-2012 11:23 AM

Michelle Tristan has really missed working at the VET, I am taking off early to get him there!

zipp2play 09-06-2012 11:25 AM

Anna - how goes it girl????

You know, I think everyone should post some picture! I would like to put a face with the names!!!!!!!!

michelle204 09-06-2012 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have no current pictures, but this one is from 2008. I guess I should work on getting some newer pictures.

That's me and my husband Marcel