Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD

Dennis took this picture of Haven and myself just before the girls all arrived Friday night! She was very excited!

Last edited by zipp2play; 10-08-2012 at 07:05 AM..
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #212

I know you are all Low carb, I must say, I am THANKFUL for JUDDD. This weekend would have been impossible without it. I enjoyed pizza and cake Friday night. Had a good down day on Saturday, then enjoyed the food with the family on Sunday! I am not holding out hope that I will be in the 160's this week, but I would guess I have maintained again. With all we had around, truly counting all calories, isn't really possible. So I just estimated them and I was more on the higher end of my calorie range both Friday and Sunday! SO, when I complain I am still in the 170's, REMIND me I enjoyed the weekend!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hello all. Oh Monica you and Haven are just too cute for words. Happy to hear all went well with the party.

My party went ok. I was very unhappy with some of the food I made. I think my guests were gracious telling me everything was great, but I tasted everything even the high carby stuff and much of it I didn't like. I am cooking the family Christmas supper this year and I promise I will redeem myself for that. I'm going back to some old but tried and true stuff.
The cake's looks was a big hit, but most peolple never finished the piece I gave them so I'm guessing it wasn't too good. Here's a pic of the zebra inside of the cake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2064.jpg (27.6 KB, 6 views)

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #214

Oh Michelle I am sorry you were disappointed ! You know, that cake was probably good , just too rich. I'm sure it was better than you thought.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle-I am sure everything was delicious and Monica is right about the cake being so rich they couldn't finish a whole piece--it looks devine! I love the zebra look and am impressed how that was done!

Monica-I just think that picture of you and Haven is so cute--she just is darling-everytime I see her I just melt. it's hard to see them grow up-my grandtr just reminded me she will be 16 in January and able to drive alone next summer--look out world!

I really wish I could trust myself to do JUDDD-I just know I wouldn't return to a down day after a up day-or even if I could do a moderate up day--I am just not able to believe I would behave. I see it works well for so many and I wish I could trust me to even try it.

I am hoping to sleep tonite-seems I am awake more nites than I sleep-I have seen more crazy infomercials than I care to ever see in the last two months..
the crazy things that people buy amaze me.

cya tomorrow girls
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #216

OH MY Jeanne - 16 in January! OH MY! I understand about knowing you and how you eat. It's best that we know ourselves. I am sorry you are still having sleep issues girl!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #217

Haven is at work with me today. She has a barky cough and we were at the clinic when they opened this a.m. They think it is just viral but they are culturing for strep just incase. Croup is what they have termed it right now. They want us to watch for pnemonia. She is on steroids. 9 pills for $50! OH MY!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristineP
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 09/10/2012
is it too late to join this challenge? I need a good mini goal and I think Thanksgiving is a perfect date to set!

it's 51 days to Thanksgiving!
that's about eleven weeks and then some
I'm going for 15lbs by Thanksgiving!
that's 1.36 pounds per week (or something like that, I'm not really a math person)
'do-able' right?

My name is Christine, and I am addicted to freshly baked Italian Bread... and pasta of any kind
ChristineP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Christine. It's never too late to join a challenge however I am a little confused on your dates. It is only 44 days til Thanksgiving and that is only 6+weeks til then not 11. But don't let that stop you from joining our little group.You could still be looking at losing 8-10 lbs and that's nothing to sneeze at.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member

I'm loopy, I was thinking Thanksgiving was on the 29th (told ya I wasn't very good at math)
LOL

okay, so ten pounds by Thanksgiving!
I'm down 11lbs in about a month so far... so I think that I can do another ten in that amount of time (here's me with my fingers crossed)
Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome aboard Christine. We're here for you.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #222

Christine, we love new people here! 10 pounds is totally DOABLE! WELCOME!

My name is Monica and I follow JUDDD! I am 42 and a working Mom of 2. One's a teen (boy) ones a preteen (girl).

Old 10-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Christine-you are certainly welcome!! nice to have a new person to chat with!

Monica--hope Haven is feeling better--any results on her strep test?

I will check in tomorrow!

Nite girls
Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies, how's everyone doing?

It's cold here today (-2 deg.) it is suppose to be better by the weekend. I'm affraid I strayed a little yesterday. For some unknown reason I had to have a chocolate bar. I was able to stop at one, so I hope that is over with.

Monica--I may just have to give JUDDD a try, but I am worried that cravings will attack me on DDs. But it might just be worth a try.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for the welcome, I'm not stepping on the scale today... I did yesterday (with good results) and I have to stop trying to weigh myself every day, like some sort of miracle is gonna happen overnight...
I didn't feel like making dinner last night, so the Mister and I had grilled chicken over salad from the local tavern.. picked off the red onions (cuz/ they're too strong) and the croutons (they deep fry their croutons, even if they weren't bread, I wouldn't eat them)
my daughter had all of the above and the last rosemary olive oil seasalt roll from Sunday Dinner (had mom for her birthday, her and daughter had rolls)
lunch today? a chef salad... sort of, just romaine, with cukes, sliced raw asparagus, grape tomatoes and some julienne turkey, ham and swiss... I didn't have time to make dressing this AM and wasn't up to it last night, so I have just regular greek dressing (bottled)
watching the sugar, it's got sugar in it, so I'm using just a little
tonight, I'm going to make the white chicken chili I planned on having last night
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

I try not to weigh every day too Christine-If you can pick one day a week and do it then-that is a better way I think-altho it's hard sometimes to stay off that scale-you don't get disappointed then-at least that is what works for me!

Cold here today-supposed to warm up by the weekend but rain-no camping this weekend-last year we camped 3 weekends in october and it was great-so far it's looking like we won't get a good weekend this month-next weekend we have bill's family get-together so that will be out...

Michelle-wtg on eating one chocolate bar--It would have started a chain reaction for me of eating more and more-I have the reasoning that since I blew it--I might as well continue eating--not a smart move but I do it repeatedly...

back to cleaning

Jeanne
Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all!

I too only weigh once a week. I couldn';t bear the ups and downs a daily weigh in can show. Lately the once a week one is pretty depressing too, but I have nobody to blame but myself. I keep saying oh a little of this won't hurt. WELL IT HURTS! I never thought of cheating the first go round. I stayed the course until the 100 lbs were gone, now I have trouble going a week without cheating. Hopefully one day soon I'll smarten up.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi everyone,

Zipp I love the pic of you and Haven. Sweet!!

I'm glad all your birthday parties turned out so well.

Quote:
I know you are all Low carb, I must say, I am THANKFUL for JUDDD
And I am sooo happy Juddd is working for you. I may re-do it some day. I just have to learn how to limit myself with the sugar.

Michelle I love the pictures of the zebra cake! I bet the cakes were very good, but after all the other food people don't always eat a lot of sweets. (some people anyway).

Hope Haven is feeling better.?.

Jeanne hope your sleeping better. I'm not, and I don't know why. Just thinking about to much. I guess.

later

A
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Also big WELCOME to ChristineP

Thanksgiving will be here soon, but I know you can do 10lbs. We're here for you.

gtg, I'm tired. I do data entry all day.................BUT it's a job.

later
Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #230

Jeanne - I am guessing we will get the results of the strep culture either later today or tomorrow.

Michelle - it was just 1 bar and you stopped at that. Well done getting back in control!

Christine - your chili sounds amazing! YUMMY

Anna - so glad things are going well for you. HOw is the job? People?? We need more details when you have time girl!

Today is Haven's ACTUAL birthday. Thank goodness it's an up day for me. We all had a brownie/chocolate chip cookie bar with breakfast!!! She was thrilled. We gave her our gifts today. Discovery Girl magazine subscription, Justin Bieber perfume set (had lotion in it too) and a Justin Bieber calendar for 2013. YES my preteen loves her some BIEBER! 11 years old. Seems like just yesterday!

I had a perfect DD yesterday although I went to bed hungry. Alas, weigh in day today, STAYED THE SAME! Again, I guess I have maintenance down PAT! too bad I would love to lose 13 more pounds!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

I couldn’t resist…. Got on the scale this AM, down 1.5 lbs

My husband has taken to doing something absolutely hilarious (and kinda gross too)

he weighs himself first thing in the morning, before he gets his paper… then he ‘reads’ *(his code word for making a bowel movement)*
then he will get back on the scale to see the difference and proudly tell me about the difference in weight ‘before and after’

he's a strange one
Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Christine--oh to be regular like that--my hubs doesn't read the paper and get weighed like that-which is hilarious btw-but he is regular like clockwork-right after his morning coffee he visits the bathroom and has his morning duty!!! I would love to be able to "go" like that-when you don't have a thyroid its sure more difficult to go and lose weight!! I have had my medication decreased 3 times this year-I keep blaming that with the issue of not losing but I really take the blame with not being good the last couple of months-I am trying to be good this week-4 days and counting--this is my hard day so I am going to bake something pumpkin today and see if that keeps me on the straight and narrow tonite!!

Monica-there is alot to say for staying the same--plus I think your pictures show you to be very thin already-maybe your body is telling you that you are where you need to be? I think you look mahvelous dahling!

Christine-wtg on the weight loss--keep it going and your goal will be in the bag!

Anna--the lack of sleep is a hard thing to deal with sometimes-I have a hard time shutting down-I think about everything and anything-I just can't seem to shut the eyes-it takes a toll after awhile-hope you get some restful sleep--I can imagine how hard it is when working-I am lucky enough to not have that stressor now.--hang in there--hopefully it will cure itself-I cut out all caffeine and that didn't help-but maybe you should try that?

later friends

Jeanne
Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--- Happy BDAY Haven! And maintaining isn't so bad. I agree with Jeanne. From your picture it sure doesn't look like you need to lose even a pound.

Anna--- Hope sleep comes a little easier soon for you.

Christine--- Way to go on the loss. I need your determination right now in order to start losing myself.

Jeanne---What pumpkin thing have you come up with?

I mistakenly stepped on the scale today and saw that my Thanksgiving tastings and that darn choc. bar has made me gain over 4 lbs. AHhhhhhhhh!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #234

Christine - way to go on the 1.5 pounds. WOOHOO! My DH is like yours, except he doesn't need a paper (or coffee) he gets up, we walk our 3.2 miles he comes home and goes. Never does his body stray from that! What the heck???

Jeanne - how goes it girl? Is your outside stuff doing ok even with the cooler temps?

Michelle - don't worry girl, those 4 will be GONE ASAP!

Got a call from the clinic, Haven's Strep culture was negative! WOOHOO!!! That's good news.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #235

BTW, you can't see it in the picture, but my weight is all in my belly! That's exactly where my 13 pounds are. Muffin top, flat tire, you name it! Thanks for the nice compliments though
Old 10-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-my weight is there also--well all at the top-I used to be big all over--big thighs-thunder thighs I used to say-then when I lost--I now have skinny legs and thighs for the first time in my life-I still look down and wonder whose legs those are??? but all my weight is in the top and then my stomach and hips-grrr-plus I have a big old hernia from a surgery in 98 that keeps getting bigger-its a ventral or umbilical hernia which I keep thinking I need to have fixed-its the size of a grapefruit now so that doesn't help the fit of my clothes or my stomach size! I am thinking very seriously about seeing a surgeon this fall about it-really don't want to have surgery but I am not getting any younger and don't want to wait until I am older and older!

Michelle--I gained 5-6 pounds too with my binge eating--I just didn't change my weight thing-I am still no where close to being back where I was--I was too disgusted to change it and I am paying the price... get back on the wagon and we will do this together--I know how you feel---hugs --you can do this!!!

I have a roast in the crockpot-that will be good for a day or two--the pumpkin thing was pumpkin muffins--they don't have a big pumpkin taste-the next time I will increase the spices-but they have flax and coconut oil--two things I try to do more of--Let me try to find the recipe to post it for you.. back later
Old 10-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Mine made 16 muffins altho they are smaller silicone muffin liners I use--so I can have two at a time!!! I used golden flax too

Pumpkin “Bran” Muffins – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Yield: 12 muffins

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups brown flax seed meal
6 tbsp Swerve Sweetener or granulated erythritol
1/4 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
20 drops stevia extract
1/2 cup almond milk
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
Instructions

Preheat oven to 325F and line 12 muffins tins with paper liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flax seed meal, granulated erythritol, whey protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
In medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and stevia. Add to flax seed mixture and stir to combine.
Stir in almond milk, then melted coconut oil, until well combined.
Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and bake 28 to 30 minutes or until set and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Notes

Serves 12. Each muffin has a total of 6.5 g of carbs and 4.7 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 1.8 g.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--my coconut oil did ok this time--I let my eggs get to room temp and everything else was not cold--worked much better!!! its a pain to remember that tho--I did see where you can warm up your eggs in warm water but I am afraid I would cook them! I think I would add more pumpkin to the above recipe too--maybe a half cup just to give it more pumpkin taste? with the flax I think it could handle it! I think the muffins would go great with a cream cheese icing drizzle!

I am going to make a pumpkin bread tomorrow just to use up the remainder of the can of pumpkin that I opened-it was a big can-I will probably just freeze it for a later date.

later

Jeanne
Old 10-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds delishious Jeanne. I just made a pan of chia/black bean brownies. Unfortuneately they are too good and I am eating way too many of them.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

I have never used chia but I did buy some seed--so please share your recipe Michelle and your way to reconstitute the chia--I love brownies--well-chocolate anything-tia

Now I am trying to think where I put that chia stuff-I remember ordering it! lol