Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Anna - have a GREAT day at work!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping in. Hope the DOG is doing ok, sorry you were up so DANG early!

Michelle - what time is Thanksgiving dinner?? I think I would like to be there too!

Jeanne - is that recipe really filling? Say, would 1/6 of it fill a person up?? My only issue with some of Linda's stuff is they are really good, so good it's hard to walk away....and feel like you really ate something. Does that make sense at all??? OH and I love peas, do share your pea salad recipe too please!!!!!!

Monica - JUDDD! Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #182

I had a great Down day. The peaches I was adding to my cottage cheese (although only 1/3 of the can) was causing my blood sugar issues. Yesterday I switched back to strawberries and did GREAT!!!! I weighed and AGAIN, I am exactly the same. 170.2 == WHAT is it with that FREAKING number??? I have been there since Mid-July! GRRRR I know some of it was my own problem....but really??? All I need is .4 and I am in the 160's!!!!!!!!!! Come on now!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Anna--- Hope the furbaby is better and your work day passes quickly so you can come home and rest.

Jeanne--- Glad the back is better. Enjoy your errands and relaxation.

Monica---- I know how you feel about staying the same. My fingers and toes are crossed for 1/2 lb for you by next weigh in.

Finished my last wheel barrow of dirt this morning. We got up before dawn to finish as the weather report is calling for snow tonight and we didn't want a snow covered pile of top soil sitting there all winter. I hope the weather people are wrong, I don't want winter yet.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Michelle-hope that snow holds off--seems way tooooo soon!!!

Monica--the pea salad is just a layered salad--I start with a large bag of shredded lettuce-I use one of those biggest disposable containers but I reuse them over and over-its like a 9x13-the lids are tight and keep the pea salad good for a long time-back to the recipe--the layers can be interchanged-next comes a 1/2 of a large onion diced small, then cover that with shredded cheddar cheese, then I use a can of drained peas spread over the whole top-you don't get very many per serving so the carb count isn't too bad--then spread mayo over the top-it takes quite a bit-then crumble some fried bacon-I use the bacon from Sams that is already fried and just microwave it for 40 seconds til crisp and then crumble it on the top--I also mix up a little parmesan cheese in the can with a little splenda as a topping to add when the salad is dipped up--just sprinkle a little on your salad--it just sets it off--try it-you will love it..

I am not sure the casserole would fill you up without anything else with it? I doubled the recipe-put it in a 9x 13 pan because of the way my hubs eats-he only ate one serving but he also had potato salad and the pea salad with his so I think its a filling meal but by itself I don't know I think I would want something with it? that's just me-I am a piggy!!

grocery shopping done for a few things-I just went to walmart two days ago and just spent another 70 bucks! got the sale items today tho!!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-03-2012 at 10:26 AM..
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Thanks for all the "good feelings" for my furbaby boy. He is much better. I'm afraid it may be my fault. I felt so guilty for leaving him to go to work I may have over fed him. ??? I guess food isn't always love... (WHAT??)

I will try to check back later. I've spent a lot of money just to make this week work.......wonder if it's all worth it???? And I still need clothes.

Sorry....for the ramble.

Later Ladies

A
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #186

Anna - sorry for the frustration! Let us know how you are when you have a moment!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Well we avoided the snow for now, but it is still raining and hovering the 0deg C. so we could still get it. I wish it was already the weekend and I was cooking. I'm so looking forward to it.

Anna--- I have done the same as you and over fed too thinking I'm being nice, but just causing my furbabies problems. When will we learn.

Have a great day ladies. I'll check back in a bit.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #188

OH Michelle I'm glad it didn't snow on you!!!!!

Haven put out all the Fall decor! She loves it all so! Her birthday party is tomorrow. We have 8 girls coming over and 7 of them are spending the night. Her theme choice: Halloween. She wants to carve/decorate pumpkins and make everyone up as mummies! Should be loads of fun! I think we will do a fire in the pit too. There will be pizza, cake/ice cream and possibly smores! GOOD TIMES! My baby girl is turning 11 next week! Where does the time go??
Old 10-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Well it's snowing now! The temp. is pretty warm though, so as it touches the ground it's melting, but still it's just too early for me.

How is everyone? It seems so quiet in here and it's not the weekend even. How's everyone's weight doing so far in this challenge? I weigh tomorrow. Fingers crossed.I weigh in before all the cooking and tasting so I sure hope I see a loss, because I know even though I don't plan on eating lots I will have to do a lot of tasting and that can sure add up.

Anna-- How's the job?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #190

My weight is exactly the same! OH well, I guess I know how to perfectly handle maintenance!

I can't wait to hear about Anna's JOB!

It is birthday party weekend for us. Haven turns 11 on October 11th. Tonight we have 8 little girls coming over for the party. It's a sleepover too!!! Haven chose a Halloween theme. We are carving pumpkins, wrapping everyone in TP as mummies and possibly watching a movie. THere will be pizza, cake, ice cream, chips....what more could a 11 year old want???? Wish me luck! TOmorrow I plan to clean house, bedding, recover from party. Sunday both sides of the family are coming to celebrate her birthday! FUN WEEKEND HERE!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like a wonderful party weekend!! I like the mummy thing--Haven and my grandson Colton are really close in age-he turns 11 tomorrow--he is having kids overnite too--and then we are doing a family dinner sunday--I am not sure what that will be yet-his mom is letting him decide-hopefully it will be something I can eat? not sure if that means going out or staying in???

I am staying stagnate in my weight also-I slipped on the scale today and its not moving-I have really been good this week but maybe the ice cream at nite is doing me in? I am going to have to cut it out and see what that brings-
especially since its getting cooler-maybe I can live without it??

I gained right at 10 pounds during that stress month and I can't seem to get that fat to budge-It is all right at the waist and stomach area too--not a good place to gain 10 pounds!! I picked up a pair of 12P pants yesterday and they fit everywhere but the darn waist-that 10 pounds is the problem-so I am keeping them and will get in them soon I hope!!

Anna-hope you are doing well--its Friday girl--hope you are celebrating your first Friday with a good feeling and the job is all you hoped it would be-glad also your furbaby is ok and it was just a little overeating issue--we all know about that!

Michelle-what day is the big meal-saturday or sunday? any prepping done ahead of time to help you? I hope people are bringing something too-that's always nice...have a great time and I will be thinking about you and smiling!

Need to get busy and do some decorating that didn't get done last week--will be thinking about all you and Haven and her ghoulish birthday party this weekend--tell her Auntie Jeanne wishes her a very Happy Birthday---aha ha haha-said wickedly like Sammy Terry--boy did I date myself there!! I am sure none of you even know who he is---ahahahaha
Old 10-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Monica.--- The party sounds great. Wish Haven a happy 11th bday from us here in Canada. Hope all those kids aren't too hard on you and Dennis. I know it would wipe me out.

Jeanne--- My dinner is on Sunday and no I have no help. I'll clean today and tomorrow and bake my KitKat cake also. Then I'll start bright and early Sunday and cook all day. Marcel is suppose to help with washing dishes during the day and my gueast usually help with the clean up after dinner. But we get Monday off here so I'll recoup then.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #193

Our Sunday Menu is Creamy Mexican chicken, rotel dip and guac! Thank goodness it's an UP DAY!

Michelle - have a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend! Don't work too hard and try to enjoy it all. Are you planning to indulge a bit??
Old 10-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #194

Jeanne - have a GREAT weekend girl. That scale will move soon, I just know it. Maybe mine will move too!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--is that creamy mexican chicken here? if not--please share--I love mexican--I am going to try some of those fat bombs next week and see if I can make them work--the coconut in my coffee doesn't seem to do the trick-I might as well be eating something I like to taste rather than drinking it down?

I guess we are having hot dogs and hamburgers at the grandsons party--I can deal with that ok--I will take something-need to think of something lowcarb I can take that others will eat too? any suggestions--my grands are picky...just like their mother-she didn't try many new things with them-hate that but it is what it is--I hope they try more things as they get older...

well--the rain finally arrived-I was so hoping it would hold off so the hubs could work in the dirt and finally get that grass seed sowed this weekend--doesn't look like it now-dang...

Monica--I know the scale will move--You and I both will get it moving soon-I have faith!!

Its 48 degrees here--yesterday it was beautiful at 84--what a difference a day makes!! I hope we have some fall weather before winter arrives! it is too soon for these temps!!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne--How about bringing Devilled Eggs?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-that is a great idea--I just restocked with eggs too--always pick up 4 dozen at a time--thanks my friend--great idea!!! I sometimes get totally blank--too often more than I care to admit--I can figure out what I need to cook for me and the hubs after looking and trying new things--thankfully he will eat anything--that last casserole I posted will be in the rotation btw--its even better as leftovers!!

Thanks again-that lightens the load--Happy Thanksgiving to you and Marcel and the rest of your family too!! I would love to see a pic of that KitKat cake when you make it--I saw a recipe the other day that is supposedly a canadian favorite--if I run across it again I will post it for you--you may already have it--it's lowcarb too.

I found it without too much trouble--you can maybe make this sometime for the next holiday dinner

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/201...-low-carb.html

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-05-2012 at 03:21 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much Jeanne. That Nanaimo bar looks great. If I have time today it will be on tomorrows menu. I'll will take a pic of the cake if Marcel goes to work and gets the camera. "I hope he does I have high expectations for this cake"

Down 1.4 lbs today. Hope I don't sample too much but I have e to try things. I can't give it to my guests if I don't know how it tastes.

I'll check in later.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

grrr-I couldn't sleep last nite--so I ended up EATING!!! I had been so good this week-I guess I am celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving-I have got to get myself under control and get a week in a clean eating--this repeats itself every week anymore!!! I need to go to bed early and forget about the evening snack--it's more than snacking-once I start I seem to graze all evening-not good--it's why I ended up almost 250-I need to get this under control now!

I am glad you like the recipe Michelle--I thought it looked so good--and it's chocolate!!! I would love it--I think you deserve something that good when you go to all that work for everyone else-can't wait to see the pics of both treats now!!! you are a culinary whiz--I love easy recipes myself-the easier the better-I shy away from difficult-lol!!

I have been looking at the new recipe that Barbo posted with the pumpkin bundt cake--I think I am going to make that thing next week for sure--it is calling my name!

need to get busy-later girls-I am trying to get back on the wagon ONCE AGAIN--mad at myself!! but apparently not enough to stop the madness!!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle!! Ours will be here before I'm ready. The fur baby is fine, thanks for asking. I know I just over fed him.

Oh Jeanne, I know how you feel. I've had several sleepless nights lately, and I just get up and eat whatever I want. Why??

Happy Birthday Haven!! Zipp your baby girl is growing up! Wish mine was still 11.

The job is ok, it's data entry, and I do that about all day. I'm tired. Ha (Like what did I expect??) The people are nice, and I'm going to give it my best!!
It's just a big difference for me, from stay at home wife/mom to working full time. BUT it is a job...and I need one.

Will check back later!

A

yummm pumpkin sounds good, and that picture looked really good Jeanne!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Well here it is. I hope the pictures load properly. It's two pictures of the cake and a view of my dining room table.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2053.JPG (100.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2055.jpg (36.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2056.jpg (33.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

WOW Michelle it is so cool! And pretty! You really did a nice job.

I love your table. The pumpkins and candles are very nice.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

It is a gorgeous tablescape!!! beautiful Michelle--I can tell the work you put in it and the cake is looking devinely delicious!!! I love kitkats!!! well--all chocolate! and I love your dining room--I don't have one-and there are times I wish I did--but most of the time it would be a unused room so I guess I am ok without one!! but I love yours and the holiday times when you can dress up the table like yours--I love that part!!! I can tell you do too!!! it will be a good time tomorrow

Anna--the next time you are awake late at nite-send me some no eating vibes and I will do the same for you and maybe we can stop the insanity!!! deal???? hope you get used to the work schedule soon-it will be quite the adjustment I would think? hang in there

Michelle--are you working on the other chocolate treat? the one I gave you the website? if you do--let us know how it works out

I have been breaking green beans-these will be the last of the season-It will maybe frost tomorrow-I actually thought about canning some but I don't feel like picking and breaking all those tomorrow...
Old 10-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

had to change my avatar--I wasn't determined!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thanksgiving Day Michelle--thinking about you and yours and I know that everyone will be enjoying that fantastic gourmet meal you have prepared!!! I wish I was a little mouse watching the festivities--but alas--I must be at the cookout for the grandson today--he had 5 boys stay overnite last nite so I am betting he will have an early evening tonite!!!

its very cool here today--we have frost warnings out for tonite--I hope it happens and that means I won't have to keep mowing!

cya later everyone

Jeanne
Old 10-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thanksgiving Michelle!!

Jeanne I like your new ava....you silly girl!! (not determined?)
Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

OK, I just ate ice cream - -

Now I'm watching the Cardinals on TV, and listening to the "sugar" segment from 60 minutes.....

So here I go again, no sugar, hopefully! Wishing you all a good week, and I will check in for sugar updates. I think I need to change my thinking, I can't totally cut sugar out forever. I need to learn how to eat it healthy. You know a little fruit or something.

Anyway.....
Later

A
Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-it will always be a struggle for me in this department too--I know the basics but continue to learn and read and it just fortifies that this is the healthiest way to eat--for me anyway--you can have several lowcarb fruits that have minimal sugars in them-I usually keep strawberries and blueberries in the freezer all the time-and in moderation lots of other fruits are even ok--so I wouldn't deprive yourself of fruit if that is what you are craving and wanting--I had some watermelon this summer-just to get it out of my system--one time and I was ok--its another thing with chocolate and sweets however-my ability to deny them right now is weak--I am chalking up last week as a total failure where my head wasn't in the game-hopefully today I begin better and finish the week with a better outcome--I am not even getting on the scale today--I know better!

I have lots I want to accomplish today-so I need to start early-hope everyone has a great day-

Michelle-anxious to hear how the big dinner went

Monica--How did Haven's b-day weekend go? I went to Colton's cookout last evening-we didn't stay too long-he was exhausted after his sleep-over-so it was a quiet evening home with the hubs..

later ladies

Jeanne
Old 10-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #209

Anna - so glad you have your job and the people are nice. Working with NICE people is 1/2 the job battle. I have worked with people that weren't nice/friendly and that was HORRIBLE!

Michelle - your table looks amazing! THat cake looks to DIE FOR !!!! Give us details about how things went for you and your family! I can't wait for Thanksgiving FOOD! Although I think my Mom said she was going with something other than turkey this year. Oh well, I will EAT whatever is thrown in front of me!

Jeanne - so sorry you had trouble sleeping, that is the WORST! I hate that. I would have suggested deviled eggs too. That and cole slaw made with splenda. Both are low carb and yet, non low carb people will eat them too!

We survived the weekend. Friday night was awesome. The girls did GREAT. They didn't exactly go to sleep when we said, but they were pretty quiet. I think all were finally asleep by 3:30 a.m. It worked perfectly. They ate their pizza and such, then we carved pumpkins, made mummies out of all the girls (with TP), we ate cake/ice cream and then, they wanted to look at all the pictures we had taken that night! Thankfully we take a ton of pictures and they LOVED watching the pictures on the TV! LOVED IT! That all took till 10:30 p.m. then we rented a movie off Amazon. They got really quiet for the movie....till it was done at midnight! Everyone was gone by 10:00 a.m. I then took Haven shopping and she spent her gift cards and we got her some much needed pants. We got home at 1:00 and she ate lunch and was in her bed napping by 2:45. She slept 3 full hours!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #210

Saturday night I was in bed asleep by 8:00!!!

Yesterday we had the family over. It was great. We had a late lunch, then presents and cake. (thankfully we had leftover cake from Friday, so we finished that all up!) Last night DH and I sat out by the fire pit in the back yard and again, I was in bed asleep by 8:30! I guess I am getting too old to party!