Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I have not ever used that. Sorry I can't help you! I have read a ton of people that do!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
I use coconut oil quite a bit. I cook and bake with it. I have put it in my coffee too but I prefer coconut milk instead for that. I also use it as my main moisturizer and love it.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
I tried it in my coffee ugh OM Gosh...........can not handle that.

I only like coconut oil candy!!! I think they call it coconut bark.

I've tried to moistuirze with it, but it's to oily for me, I'm probably using to much.

Anyway....I got a job!!!! I start Tuesday. She just called me and wanted me to start Monday. BUT I'm not really ready. I need clothes, and I have to get my high schooler a ride to school in the am's.

So I know I'm been mia lately, and now if I am you all will know why. I will check in as much as I can.

This is a 40 hr a week job. I have not done that in ...... years. This will be hard for me you all. BUT I am happy and I need/want to work. It will be fine, just have to make more "to do" list and get organized.

Later girls

A
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
I haven't tried it as a moisturizer-will try that-I certainly need it-losing weight sure has caused a lot of wrinkles to appear on this old face! Michelle-maybe you can answer this question--when baking with it--I made brownies the other day and had to melt the oil prior to measuring it--then when I used in my mixing bowl and adding the other ingredients I found it had re-hardened by the time I was ready to pour it into the pan to bake-it was all on the outside of my bowl hardened and by then it was too late to do anything about it--of course I have thought since then I should have had my eggs at room temperature and also the zucchini would have been helpful since both of those were cold! but I am sure others have this problem also! where do you get your coconut oil? I hope it revs up the metabolism!! I haven't ever used coconut milk--yet! lol
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

OH-Anna--so very happy for you--woohoo--yippee--now don't you disappear from here--we will expect you on the weekends to pop in at least---so very glad you have a job!! congrats again my friend!!!

I know this is something you have been wanting and now it has happened!! what will you be doing??? 40 hours!! what a change coming for you!

I need to try the coconut bark--haven't tried that either-

Last edited by jbatchelor; 09-28-2012 at 02:13 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Anna.

I am so pleased for you. I hope 40 hours isn't too much time to start at, but I know you'll be fine.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne--- Yes you would have needed to have everything at room temp. It's not the easiest oil to work with. I buy mine at a place called Bulk Barn. It is quite expensive, but I don't go through too much so I don't mind.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Weigh in day and stayed the same. Better luck next week.

Had to go in to work today so I have no time to chat.

Hope everything is well with everyone. Have a great Saturday.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

hello ladies- sorry you have to work Michelle--not fun on a saturday!!!

Monica--how did the games go???

Anna-are you being frantic getting ready for the workforce??? I am sure you are excited! I am excited for you!!

Planning on getting outside tomorrow or maybe yet today and trimming shrubs for the year--its quite the job--I won't have quite so many if I ever have another house-very unlikely --I have learned so much as I get older and older--about how I need to cut down responsibilities and work!

had a flax waffle for lunch while the hubs had a real one--took care of the urge..

it was very cool and damp here today -very fallish! sure feels good tho.. will cya later

Jeanne
Old 09-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Thanks girls, I am very excited. It is a data entry job at a local university.
And it is 40 hr week. That will be hard, but I have to do it. Me and the hubs don't really have a retirement anymore.....he did but lost most of it in a stock crash. So this is important. My dh works a lot of overtime, so I'm hoping this will help him a little bit.

I have not talked to adults in so long I'm sort of afraid of the lunch time conversation!! I'm pretty good with 3 yr olds. speaking of my 3 yr old (grand) I will miss her like my own, I've been keeping her since she was 3 wks old. But I will probably have her most Saturdays. I did today.

Well I guess working on a Sat could be good Michelle, is the business picking up? Hopefully the holidays will be good for that. Sorry about the weigh in.

I'm a mess w/food right now. Still trying not to eat sugar. I did have some ice cream yesterday, but just a little. So today I ate a bowl of whipped cream???
(while the gd ate ice cream)

I need to make me some LC snacks ....... have to think

Later girls, and again thanks

A
Old 09-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-you will do great getting back out there in the workforce--that's the part I miss the most-being around the people I worked with and the fun we had--it's hard sometimes being home without stimulation even tho I seem to have less time now? you will do fine with lunch time conversation ...You are not alone worrying about retirement-I think a lot of people do--us included-I often think about returning to work and would if I didn't still need to do so much for my mom.

Nothing wrong with a little whipped cream either--I keep a can of it the fridge for a squirt here and there
Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning girls........

Hope everyone had a great week-end. I ate off plan??? What is wrong with me?? Just so much going on....anyway.

I have to get some clothes worked out today, plus I have the gd, and we have to go to the grocery store. So if I don't check back today, I will soon.

How is the menu planning going Michelle?

Thanks Jeanne for the kind words. I am nervous.

Hi to Monica, and Tina

A
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #163

Anna - way to go! We need details about the job girl! FILL US IN! I will be thinking of you tomorrow. So happy. Are you shopping today??? Clothes???
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #164

Michelle sometimes maintaining is a good thing. I should know, I've been doing it now since JULY!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #165

Jeanne - the games were good. We lost 3 but won the first bracket game which is when you need to win. We came out in 3rd place in the "losers" bracket! If that makes any sense. In tournaments, after scheduled games they move the top 1/2 into the winners bracket and the bottom 1/2 into the losers bracket. That way, the little teams (like US) have a chance to actually play teams that are at our same level!

We fully thought the girls would lose their first bracket game yesterday but they pulled out the win. Haven was the starting pitcher for our 2nd bracket game and she was pitching GREAT! She ended her first inning at +5 (that means 5 more strikes than balls were thrown by her, typically she is at a 0 or -1). Well the last pitch of that inning the batter hit a line drive back to the pitcher (Haven) and it hit Haven on her thumb of her right hand. She gained composure enough to throw the runner out at 1st, so that was great but she jammed her nail really bad. She had blood oozing from under her thumb nail. It was bad enough that the OTHER TEAMS coach came out to help comfort her and to tell her she had a GREAT Play! Obviously since she jammed her thumb nail on her throwing hand, no more pitching in that game for her. They lost the game. The other pitcher that came in just couldn't get it together and there were several other fielding errors. I wasn't sad they lost.....it meant no more games for us!

Monica -Come see my journey!

Last edited by zipp2play; 10-01-2012 at 08:43 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #166

We had softball all night Friday night. Saturday was the costume game. We did a spoof on Toddlers and Tiaras. It was really fun! My parents came to our house and we hung out with them all day and watched the game. We then went out for dinner. Yesterday was church/SS/games/movies. I ended up messing up my blood sugar completely. We thought we would play 1 game and be done. Well the girls played their hearts out and won, so we had another game at 3:30, as I indicated above. I didn't plan correctly and didn't have food with me. I ended up too many carbs and not enough protein, this morning while walking with DH my blood sugar crashed HARD! I even had to have DH hold my arm to keep me steady! Well, I needed to switch up my rotations for JUDDD so today is an up day. I am still a bit shakey so I know my blood sugar isn't totally where it should be. GRRRR hypoglycemia, you think I would learn. I have only had it my WHOLE LIFE....when will I LEARN?????
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #167

Here is Haven with Coach DOC! It was hilarious watching him Coach in his outfit. Everytime he needed to speak to the umps I was like, HOW are they even able to hold a conversation??? I would just look at him and LAUGH!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #168

Can you see Haven's make up???? She was all about wearing it. I am not a person who wears much so I had to ask my Mary Kay rep to send me samples. I never wear lipstick as it almost always contains wheat!!! Her lips are so RED here! She loved it all!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #169

Here's the whole team! Good times!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

That coach is funny--but just looking at Haven tells me that she is going to be a heart-breaker for sure--she is beautiful and the makeup just shows what she is going to be in a few years--you will be holding the boys back!! I am sure she enjoyed wearing it but I really love seeing fresh faced young women and not all the made up look that I see some teenagers doing! thankfully my grand is only wearing some mascara and nothing else and remains interested in sports and doing things with a group of friends--It seems totally different in that aspect now--when I grew up you went out on a date and now the kids all go out in groups and do things in groups--I think this is so much better now.

Anna--I am sure you are working and preparing today--I am so excited for you..anxious to hear how your first day goes tomorrow! quit worrying about the diet--just hang in there until the stress calms down--you will find your stride!!!

I got the shrubs trimmed yesterday until I could hardly move or stand-that kills my back-I hate landscape work! and then I mowed until the rains started just a few minutes ago--didn't finish so it will keep until another time..

Hello Michelle
Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #171

Thanks Jeanne. I personally don't wear much in the way of make up. I hope she does as I do! Way to get the shrubs done. Don't over do it girl! No need to injure yourself.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry for the m.i.a. So busy and so tired. Did not get all the yard work done, but we are still plugging at it. It gets dark here by 7:30 PM so not much time to work outside after work.

Menu is planned. Roast turkey with cranberry/pear relish, meatballs in mushroom gravy, mashed sweet potatoes, maple cinnamon glazed carrots, wild rice and dried fruit stuffing, fresh French bread. Dessert will be double layer zebra cake covered with mocha buttercream frosting and then wrapped in KitKat chocolate bars and topped with a thick layer of Smarties.I saw this dessert on Pinterest and made it once for Marcel as a tester.He loved it so now it's time to roll it out to company. I will make myself a black bean chocolate cake.

Anna---Have a great day at work. You'll do great.

Monica--- I do so enjoy your pictures. They always bring a smile to my face. How's Haven's thumb?

Jeanne---How did all your work go? Yard work is back breaking for sure.

Have a wonderful day ladies.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #173

Haven's thumb seems fine. I was afraid she was going to lose her nail...but I don't think that is going to happen! YEAH! She pitched/practiced with Dennis last night and he said she threw just fine. I am sure, for her, seeing the blood oozing from below the nail caused more issues than even the pain. Thanks for asking!

All is good here. It is getting darker earlier here too. I guess that prompted me to sleep, I was in bed asleep by 8:15 last night. I WAS TIRED. My goal was to finish my book, I did NOT reach that goal!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #174

Anna - thinking of you today!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the job!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--I am coming to your house for dinner--that sounds so yummy--girl you can cook!!! I remember you did the same thing last year--it sounded so good and so gourmet!!! just like this year--makes me want to make a visit! I think that dessert sounds amazing!!

Well it is raining-so I won't be mowing today--I am actually glad-after doing the shrubs on Sunday and mowing yesterday my back is ready for a day off! I am taking it easy today.

Anna--you are on my mind today--I am anxious to see how your day goes!!

Monica--glad Haven's thumb will be ok-I guess you needed that sleep! It's because of all those busy days prior!!!

my computer is acting up--the screen keeps jumping around-better post this now
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #176

Jeanne - do you have anything running near your monitor? Radio? Fan?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jeanne. You are welcome anytime. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

no-nothing running except the tv across the room and it's always running so that shouldn't make a difference?

Made a casserole for dinner tonite-will let you know if its any good-one of LindaSue's

HAMBURGER-BROCCOLI ALFREDO CASSEROLE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

perfect for rainy, dreary day-this makes a tasty alfredo sauce!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-02-2012 at 04:05 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Moring Girls

Quick post, thanks for all the good thoughts.

Will talk about the job later, got to go now. My dog got sick at 3AM, so I've been upever since.....going to be a long day.

Love the pic's Zipp! H is so pretty!!

Jeanne how was the new receipe?

Michelle WOW your Thanksgiving Menu sounds great.

A
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-hope the dog is ok? I hope you get some rest-hard to work after being up half the nite-will be thinking about you today and your furry friend.

the casserole was very good-had a pea salad with it--love pea salad! I am grateful to have both as leftovers tonite since I have some errand running today.

I did mainly nothing yesterday and my back feels much better-sure helps to have a nothing day sometimes!

later girls-need to get busy today