Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - funny story about the toilet seat! Do they have to put her under at all for the injections? What you describe is how I get with any anesthesia. Even the mildest of it. When I get anything remotely like it, they give me tons of anti nauseous meds! Hope she is better today! Have fun shopping today!

This weekend, we actually have no SOFTBALL Games. We have practice and I am getting together with one of the Mom's and we are having our girls decorate posters for next weekends tournament! It will be fun. We don't have to get up early at all tomorrow. NOT SURE HOW TO ACT!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-71.html
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!

Yesterday was a good up day. Lunch was kind of a bust. DH made turkey burgers and burnt them. They were disgusting, so I threw mine out and just had cottage cheese with my salad. Saved me 200c! So I had 400c for frozen yogurt last night. YUM! I had wedding cake and chocolate. BOTH were amazing.

Dinner last night was spinach lasagna. It was to DIE FOR! We made it with ground turkey and we all lapped it up! LOVE IT!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Tonight T's friend Aimee is coming over for dinner/movie. We found Hunchback on Amazon and we are serving burgers and chips. Dennis even mentioned doing a fire in the pit for smores! It will be interesting to see how it all goes! Teen love, it could go really well or HORRIBLY BAD!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Today's a DD! I think I have a good plan, but I am really hungry already. I need to drink more water!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica--hope the evening is going well with the young friends--do you rent movies on Amazon? I have wondered how they are if so? I really thought about getting a kindle and signing up for their 2 day shipping plan-I forget what they call it now-I think you get movies and once a month book on the kindle? beats me how it all works? but I heard about it anyway!

Thanks for sharing about your experience with anesthesia-I am not sure what is going on with her and what she got--the time before-supposedly she had NO sedation and still have vomiting-I thought maybe it was due to the stress of NOT having some sedation and knowing what was going on while they worked on her so I encouraged her to have the sedation this time--her nausea and vomiting was so much worse-so we need to find out what is going on for sure--they will surely give her something prior to the procedure in October--she will be talking to them Monday or tuesday-they always call and check on her.. she is better today but just exhausted from the vomiting of yesterday-it was really rough on her..On a lighter note-she got her new phone plan hooked up-she will be calling her sisters non-stop now I hope and enjoying the freedom of unlimited long distance

Had a great day out with my friend Val--love shopping with her-she has such good taste! I spend my days in t-shirts and shorts it seems since I no longer work--I need to update my wardrobe badly-but don't like investing much anymore--I did buy this huge new necklace and a couple of scarves, one new top--and a beautiful bowl/plate type thing from TJ Maxx--I bought the stand to display it-I love it but it doesn't match anything in my house!! time to redo? lol!

Tomorrow I restart my lowcarb diet again-enjoyed my last day out today and will make a better effort to be strict with myself getting back in gear--a promise to myself!

A fire in the pit and smores --sounds like a good plan-too bad they don't make lowcarb marshmallow cream--I could go for a smore!

Keep drinking that water Monica--it is so hard for me to do--I drink alot of walmart brand of crystal light-can't take plain water too much but need to do better with it..

Nite all
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

So far the evening is going well!! I think they are on movie #2. All seems good!!
The last time I was "under" they gave me a motion sickness patch behind my ear, odd huh ? I kept it on for 3 days, it did the trick!!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne sounds like you had a great day! Nice girl day out, well deserved!!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:40 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/185/182.4/165
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne-- How's your Mom doing? Glad you had a good girls day out. You deserve some fun. Hope your restart today goes well.

Monica---How did the date go? Are you enjoying sleeping in? Have a great relaxing weekend.

Anna-- How's it going? I have noticed Monica calls you Anita, am I missing something? I don't want to be rude or anything.

My dating anniversary went great. We had a good time going out. It had been a very long time since we had eaten out. I must say we did split a dessert though. And it cost me a pound on todays weigh in, but I'm sure it will go away shortly and most importantly it did't set off any cravings.

Even though it is -2deg C. right now I have decided to bundle up and go to the farmers market. In another week or two the market will close up for the year and I would like to go one more time before that happens. Then it's the grocery store, Walmart to look at a leaf blower on sale, and Homesense to stock up on candles. Hubs and I love lighting candles this time of year. We light the heat and the ambience. And after all that I think a dog walk is in order.

Have a great day everyone. I know I'm going to try.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:02 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle, you deserve the 1/2 dessert girl! I am so glad you enjoyed your date out with your hubby!

We had a good weekend. Friday night went well. They both seemed to enjoy themselves. They immediately started the movie when she got here. Then they ate Burgers for dinner and later we started a fire in the pit and we served smores. When her Dad got there at 9:30, she didn't want to leave. That's a good sign, right???

Saturday we all headed to KC. Haven and I decorated posters with a family on her team and then we went to softball practice. T and Dennis did errands while we did that. When we got home, around 6:45, we enjoyed a home cooked mexican meal and watched KState BEAT Oklahoma! LOVED THAT!!!!

Sunday we did sunday school, church, then headed to the renaissance festival! We walked it for 5+ hours! It was good fun. Haven got her hair braided (I'll post a pic) and a tatoo. Tristan bought a mug and walked around eating a turkey leg. it was really fun. We even got a picture in costume of Dennis, Haven and myself....T REFUSED!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Had a good down day yesterday. I ate 190c before we got to the festival, then I had popcorn at the festival....and that was it for the day. I think that was successful!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

The renaissance festival sounds like fun. I've seem clips in the news about some of them and everyone seems to get in on the action. I don''t think we have anything like that here.

I didn't do as well with my food choices as you. There were some sweet potato fries and an ice cream cone I just couldn't say no to. Oh well!Start again should be my middle name.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Dust off girl and jump right back on! NO HARM DONE
Old 09-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

hello all--I don't know what the devil is wrong with me--I ate wrong all weekend--like mad person cramming--not even privately like I usually do-soooooo I made some zucchini brownies today-I am back on today so far-made some type of hot cereal this morning with golden flax --I never usually eat breakfast but thought I might try it to keep me from being so hungry later--then a shake for lunch-I am planning on cooking some chicken with some zucchini for pasta w/ a cream sauce--I hope it works since the zucchini has been in the freezer--I hope it doesn't turn to mush!

Monica--so glad the movie nite went well for the teens-sounds like a fun evening for all!

Michelle---I am sharing the middle name-I am seriously getting back in gear and staying there this time!! we can do it together!!!

Jeanne
Old 09-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

good morning friends--made it through the first day back on track-I will continue for another three days--no amish buffets this week--I need to stay away from those places! I did some fall decorating yesterday and will do more today! we are in the midst of a storm this morning-calling for rain most of the week-we still need it so can't complain!

hope you all have a wonderful day--I will be looking to cook something better-the zucchini was bitter after freezing it--will be peeling it next time-the skin doesn't seem to be bitter when fresh but sure did taste that way after freezing! live and learn!

Jeanne
Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - way to go on jumping back on plan! Good to know on freezing zucc!

Yesterday was a good UD. It was a bit on the higher side. I came home from work and immediately started cleaning house. We were all doing something. Dinner was delayed and by the time we sat down to eat...I was BEYOND hungry. NEVER GOOD! I lost a bit of control and ate more than I planned. Today's DD has been going really well so far! That I like!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--I eat too much when ravenous also--it pays to never let myself get that way!! wtg on a good down day!!!

I am back from taking the grands to school this morning-their dad is in chicago today-so I was recruited for driving again-not good since it was storming and I have a problem seeing in the dark and even worse when it is raining-I remember Mom complaining of not being able to drive in the dark and thinking she was just using it as an excuse--NOT!! I don't know what is is but I have it now-the glare of oncoming cars makes it horrific! anyway--we made it safely and that's the main thing!

we had three inches of rain last nite and today-and due more-making up for lost rain now I guess-the hubs keeps trying to get some dirt ready to sow grass seed and fertilizer on but the rain keeps making it wash so he keeps working it after each rain--I hope he eventually gets it sowed and it doesn't wash away-the grass and fertilizer would have washed away had they been down with these gullly-washers anyway!

have a good day ladies!

Jeanne
Old 09-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

That is a LOT of rain girl. I think we got 1/10th of an inch. We are still horribly dry here!

Jeanne - I'm not sure I ever asked, I know your retired, what job did you have before you retired?

All is well here. Busy week at work and home. Big softball tournament this weekend. Halloween theme so the girls dress up AND we have to decorate the dug out! FUN STUFF!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/104/103 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi everyone.......

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Keeping busy as usual Monica I'm so glad JUDDD is working for you.

Michelle, my name is Annita (Anita). My mom has to spell it different. So sometimes I just go by Anna. It is easy. I'm all about easy!!!

I've had the g-daughter more lately, and MIL has had to have medical test done, (routine) so I've tried to help her more.

All is good. I am not eating on any plan!! Except my own!! I've had to much to do lately to think about food??? Did I just say that??? NOT

Anyway, I gotta get my act together.......

Check in later

Anna aka Annita
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne---Isn't that always the way. First you have no rain and then too much.

Monica-- We are like you. No rain here for a quite awhile now.

Very quiet here. I'm just trudging along. The weather is nice, but for some reason I feel like it's not. I feel like it's dull and dreary and yet the sun is shining. Yesterday I felt even worse so hubby gave me the day off work. I think he didn't want to put up with my B**ching and complaining. I think it is all hormane related.

Tonight will be a chicken and brocoli stirfry and a one minute muffin for dessert.

Hope everyone is well and has a good night.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Annita.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-I am a retired RN-worked half my career in the local hospital and then went to home health where I eventually ended up in the office as a supervisor--I miss the visits and fun we had in the office--it was not a place to ever lose weight tho--everyone of us was heavy-the hubs still talks about the food we had every time he was there-we celebrated any and all days with carry ins--and it was often!! I didn't lose any weight until I left there-I actually retired about 8 years earlier than I intended to since Mom was unable to care for Dad alone--I quit to help her-it was a struggle both financially and emotionally --I started losing weight without trying for the first time in my life while taking care of him due to the stress! wish that would happen now!!!

So do you prefer Anna or Annita?

I need to make a grocery run but I just keep putting it off--and putting it off--I really want to use more out of my freezer and not go to the store so often!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
All is good. I am not eating on any plan!! Except my own!! I've had to much to do lately to think about food??? Did I just say that??? NOT
I use to want to shoot people that would say, I have just been too busy to eat. Or I'm so busy I forget to eat.

THAT has never happened to me. Now, I have been too busy to care/think about what I am eating, but NEVER EVER too busy / forgetful enough to fail to eat! It's just not in me to NOT EAT!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle - the blues when it isn't rainy?? Darn it! I hope you did something fun on your day off! DID YOU?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - thanks for the info! I can see that you would have been a GREAT RN ! I think caring for others is just in your nature! My sister's office is like what you described. I swear they eat for everything. Hey it's my SIL's birthday, so they bring in CAKE! I used to email her and ask daily, is there CAKE today??? I couldn't work there, I would be as big as the office! Here, we rarely have food. It's a small office. Only 5 of us here, 2 of which are Dennis and myself. There's only 1 other lady, 3 guys and me. The guys never eat anything we bring, so we all stopped bringing stuff in. They do enjoy lunch brought in, so for birthday's that is what we do. I used to make the birthday person their favorite dessert, but no one ate it except me and Judy. Now we just don't do that. Makes life a lot easier too!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies.

Well on my day off to try and cheer up a bit, I went to Michaels Craft Store. Looked at fall decorations and Halloween stuff and some of their Christmas stuff. It was all so beautiful. It did put a smile on my face. But he smile didn't last. I really think this is peimenopause related. I'll just have to try harder to pop out of this funk.

It is suppose to be a nice weekend here, so Marcel and I have plans to put away all the outdoor stuff and empty the gardens and generally get ready for winter . I think I'll start working on my Thanksgiving menu too.It's my turn to cook and our T.Day is Oct.8th.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #146
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle - how fun, prepping for Thanksgiving!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/104/103 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Morning Girls.......first day without my shadow (g-d) in awhile. Ha I will be lost without her....anyway got a lot to do.

Jeanne Wow a RN. That is wonderful!! Must feel good to know you can help people.

Oh, I prefer Anna. Thanks.

Michelle - Thanksgiving!! Do you cook a turkey and all that also? How about parades? I love to watch the parades on tv. Hate the shopping the day after.

Monica any plans for the week-end? We are supposed to get a lot of rain! They are already saying maybe flash flooding...... boo.

Anyway check in later.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I know how much you prepare for those big dinners--It is hard to believe it is so early for you up there-the season is really early up there--you are such a good cook tho-it will be easy to make up a good menu-I remember what you did last year-such good sounding menu--yummy--hope you get all your outside work done...

Anna--does having the grandtr wear you out? it sure does me when I have the young grandson-he weighs alot and wants me to pick him up all the time and don't want to disappoint-I don't know how his mom does-she is a tiny thing! I am exhuasted after their visits and even when we visit there!

our rain is finally finished-I think we ended up with over 4 inches-our pond and fish are thankful I know-our pond still isn't full or close to being full again-but so much better--a lot of people had fish kills in their ponds due to the drought-we were lucky and every day I worried that our fish would all be floating one day-thankfully they all survivied for another day!!

It is hard to believe that October is almost here-the fellows will be checking out their treestands on Sunday-I have heard of those plans-my grandson will be going for the 1st time with his bow for the 1st time-we got it for him for Christmas last year-he can't wait! he will be sitting in a blind with his dad instead of going up into a tree stand however--much safer for him that way! It is youth weekend this weekend! I would love it if he gets a deer altho I am not crazy about the meat! their family eats it better than mine!

Made a big pot of vegetable soup last evening-wanted something easy and something with left overs lol!!

later friends
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Anna it is then! No rain here at all. We have softball all weekend. 2 games tonight, 1 tomorrow and play till you lose Sunday! It's Monster bash so tomorrow the girls dress up and decorate the dugout. That's always fun!

Jeanne - hunting season is close!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

anyone here use coconut oil? I have been trying to put in my coffee each morning and I have been using it to bake with for awhile now instead of butter! I buy the LouAnna cheap stuff at walmart now instead of the more expensive brand--I started with the better stuff but if you use very much it goes really fast and gets expensive! I use a TBS in each big mug of coffee-I don't taste it at all-it is supposed to increase your metabolism? I need that for sure-I hope it offsets the calories and fat? I have decreased my synthroid twice this year and am finding it harder and harder to lose I think but because I have fell off the wagon so much in the last couple of months-I can't be sure of that-lol!! I have lost several pounds this week thankfully since getting back in gear!
but just wondering if anybody else is doing the coconut oil thing? I will be ordering some in a gallon when Tropical Traditions has a sale for buy one/get one I think...I am not sure when is the best time with their sales but its still high!

Monica--have fun at Monster Bash--that sounds like a hoot!!! take pics-Hope Haven wins and plays all weekend!! I think that is good right?

should be a great weekend to be outdoors!!