Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Good Morning girls--back from camping--was a restful weekend--did lots of walking as usual--lots for me anyway since I don't do any!! Dolly is in her element camping--she really enjoys camping!! Michelle-I found the 2 pounds you lost--I am up 2! must be the hot dogs and the sodium? anyway--oh-I did have peanuts too--I had to have something to snack on--too many nuts I guess is better than going off plan?

I came home last nite and mowed several hours so didn't have a chance to get on here-need to do lots this week-it will be a busy week-I didn't get a whole lot accomplished last week so I need to do better this week

Michelle--congrats on the 2 pounds--thats a great loss for a week!!! woohoo and keep going in the right direction! don't you love it when the cravings are gone? I really don't understand why I give that up when I cheat? crazy me!!

How was everyones weekend?

I will check in later!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Michelle - what is GREAT 2 more pounds is awesome!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #93

Jeanne - those 2 pounds are water weight, I am sure! I bet Dolly was in heaven!

We had a good weekend here. Friday night, pizza/wine and a movie. What to Expect when you are Expecting, it is an OK movie at best. Saturday was all day softball games in town. Dennis' Dad and wife came for 2 of the 4 games so that was good. Nice to see them. Sunday we had 1 game then lost, I taught SS and then skipped church ran errands then Dennis and I went to the Wine Fund Raiser. It was a fun time. Also did laundry and such. Nice weekend here. Food was good and at good calorie levels!

It's MONDAY. Not loving that, but what can you do???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-13.html
Old 09-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #94

I am struggling today. It's a DD and I have already consumed 485c. Man, today I could eat my desk if I thought I could choke it down!!!! I do not like days like this. Tomorrow, I just keep telling myself tomorrow, EAT up!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/190/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Hold in there Monica. I know you have the will power in you. Like you said tomorrow you can eat what you like. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Jeanee- Glad you had a good time. Those 2 lbs will disappear right away I'm sure. We all just have to keep plugging along because Thanksgiving and Xmas are just around the corner and we don't want to be watching everything we eat then too. Come on girls let's do this.

I had a good weekend. No cheating! This week is TOM I hope it doesn't give me the same problems as last month where I gained 10 lbs. I am crossing my fingers and toes.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #96

Yesterday was about 1000c, so it was way high for a DD. I think it was PMS! Not sure. I could have eaten the house!

You can stay the course girl! Hang in there!!!!

Today's Up Day will be right on the numbers at 1850c
Old 09-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Hang on Michelle--remember those awful cravings!! you will make it!!

Monica--glad you have an up day today--I don't know if I would survive those up and down days--I do well just to make it through a regular day without a down day-I really need to start using ****** but I am just not willing to put the time in lately--seems I put too much time in lately on the computer-I need to go mow now!!

I am going to the grandtrs cross country meet tonite-she finally has one at home!! most of them are away and I miss them--it will be nice and cool--it is supposed to get down to 37 tonite-that is the coolest nite this week then a slight warm up--I am loving the cooler temps however--never did get to my fall decorations--where does the time go???

time to get moving-later gals

Where is Anna?

Jeanne
Old 09-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #98

Jeanne - what distance does your grandchild run??? I am sure you are a good cheerleader!!!

I had BUNCO last night, I won! WOOHOO!!! That's a net of $7 plus it's a fun night!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
WTG Michelle on wt loss.

Sorry for MIA. Just been busy.

Glad you won some $$ Monica. That is always good!!!

Hi Jeanne Hope all is going good in your world. Glad you get to go watch the gd. They are great. 37!!!!!!! Soup weather for sure!!!!!!

Hi Tina.......

Later

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Anna--glad to see you pop in--was wondering about you!!! Guess what is for dinner--CHILI!!! I made it with black beans--too many carbs I know but I will try to eat less during the day I hope to compensate!! late nite eating is my nemesis!!! I need to go to bed at 8pm in order to stop the nite time cravings!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #101

Annita - I love fall and soup weather. I only like hearty soups, but still love eating them when it's chilly outside!

Jeanne - how was the chili????

It's a beautiful Wednesday here! Life is good. I am dragging a bit, I read way too late last night (for me that's till 10:00). I am reading Divergent and it is REALLY GOOD! Tonight is a busy night for us. Son has confirmation classes starting again, Daughter is joining a Wed church group and we have a friends Volleyball game to go to! I LOVE FALL!

The volleyball game we are going to is a girl at church. She is a freshman. Tristan has a little crush on her AND he on him. I even told T he could invite her to go to the movies with us on Friday! How cute is that????
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies--I am hanging my head--we had to pass the amish buffet when coming home from the cross country meet-and the hubs loves this one-it just won best in county--so of course he wanted to stop-I blew my whole week-so I am starting over-AGAIN-why can't I stay good?? I kick myself lately for being so darn weak!! and I pay the price in feeling poorly too-so I really hate it that I just can't seem to get a good foothold on this and stick to it like I used to do--I can only keep trying I guess?

Monica--young love is so cute--love that you can keep a good eye out too-that is always a wise thing

Cassidy did ok--she ran about 24:11 I think-the clock was broken so I don't have her official time--I couldn't run 10 feet so I am proud of her--the course is rough and I would have broken an ankle for sure-I don't know how those kids do it--its a 5K I believe?

Chili tonite for sure--I will be headed outside to mow today-no frost to kill the grass
yet! going to make some zucchini brownies today--need something to keep me on the straight and narrow-besides putting duct tape over my mouth!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 09-19-2012 at 06:27 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #103

Well the movie we were going to see is not out here! DARN IT! Must find a replacement. I would love to see Nemo 3D, but I know T will NOT be interested. HMMMM

Jeanne - 5K with rough terain in 24:11 is GREAT! Way to go Cassidy! Dust off the crumbs and move on girl! It's all good!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #104

OH I think I only stated this in my journal, I decided no drinking for a month! Started 09/17 won't partake again until 10/19! This will be tough. I love my wine. I always counted the calories, but I think it leads more to mindless eating and even sometimes mindless drinking! Going dry, to see if I can jump start weight loss!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jeanne I feel you. Sorry for the cheat, but you are on the right track again today and that's what counts. I can't remember who said failure only happens when we fail to keep trying, but it is a good sentiment. It took me many tries to quit smoking, but then I day it just stuck.

Monica--- Tristan's crush sounds cute. Has he gone back to the vets yet?

Anna--- Good to hear from you.

It's a cold, drizzly day here. We will get frost tonight for sure.
Tomorrow is Marcel and my 32nd dating anniversary, if that makes any sense. We started dating Sept.20 1980, we were married only in 1989. I hope we can find some money to do something special. I'll go stick my hands in the couch cushions and keep my fingers crossed.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--happy dating anniversary tomorrow--it sounds like you knew each other very well before you took the plunge!!! congrats for a long relationship--I hope he remembers the date and you celebrate your lasting union!!! if he is like the hubs-he can quote the hunting dates when each season comes in but not any other important date to me--I have to keep track if there are any gifts to buy and parties to plan!! Congrats again!!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone...

Jeanne, the hardest part of LC is "thinking" I'll never eat.....bread....or cake or whatever. My hubs said last night, quite thinking about sugar!! Just enjoy life a little. Gosh I hate it when he is right!!!!!!!!!! It's not like you get to go to Amish dinner every night. KWIM??

And chili sounds so good. My ac is running and all the ceiling fans, but I love chili. I made a vegetarian chili last night. So I wasn't good either. It calls for lots of fall veggies.....so corn and bell peppers etc. Not so LC. Sometimes I just get tired of meat.

Wow Michelle 32 years!!!! All I can say is WOW. So happy for you. And Jeanne our men must be kin, mine never remembers any date, or even if I ask for something special with all the details, he'll forget the part I really wanted. It's to the point I just go buy what I really want and say here's my birthday gift (or whatever) now give it to me.

Monica you are so busy don't know how you keep up. Did you all find a good movie for the week-end? I want to see 'Curve", think that's the name, with Clint Eastwood. Not sure if it's even out.

Later
Anna
Old 09-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #108

Michelle - Happy dating anniversary to you! That is awesome. Tristan has been back at the vet now for 2 weeks. Loving every single minute of it. Learning so much and hopefully being very helpful to the other workers there! Yesterday was nail trimming day. He had to hold/distract/give treats to the bigger dogs to keep them in line so others could trim their nails!

Annita - It is out. It's called Trouble with the Curve! It looks good too! It's cooler here this week. Yesterday was perfect 70* had the windows open lovely! Today a bit warmer at 80*, still very nice!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #109

Last night was super busy and FUN! We took in the volleyball games of Aimee (my son's "friend") and they won! YEAH! Then off to confirmation for T. Then home in time for bed! Aimee said yes to coming over tomorrow. Since that movie isn't an option, we are renting movies. I told T, let HER choose. She chose Hunchback of Notre Dame! We will offer up dinner and snacks. She's a great girl! Love that T is friends with her.

My DD yesterday went really well. Right at 650c! Thank goodness, today's an UP day!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies. How is everyone ?

Jeanne and Anne ---My husband always remembers those special occassions. In all these years he has only forgotten one time. It was my birthday a few years ago. We had way too much stuff on our minds and I completely understood how he could have forgotten that, but I didn't let him off the hook so easy. He always tells people that the year he forgot my birthday was the year he gave me the best present ever. By forgetting, I get to hold it over his head when ever I want something. He says all I have to say is "Remember when you forgot my birthday?" And he feels guilty and treats me with something. I laugh everytime.

Well we do have money for dinner out and we have decided on Tony Roma's. Do you have that restaurant in the US? It is famous for ribs, but I'll have a steak and veggies. MMMM So good.

Talk to you later. Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #111

Michelle that is a hilarious story about your hubby. I think he is a total GEM!!!!!!!! Your dinner sounds awesome for sure!!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--yippee for a hubby with a memory for important dates!!! I want one of those!!!! give him a high five for me!!! and tell him he is appreciated from afar!!!!

Monica--Aimee is the name I picked out for both of my girls who turned out to be boys--I so wanted that name for a girl which I never had--had a friend who finally took that name and spelling--the girl is now a 26 year nurse practioner who makes me proud and thrilled I GAVE her a good name!! sounds like a fun evening planned with all.

I am sitting here while Mom is on my couch after her procedure today--it was another spinal injection--she has been getting nauseated terribly after the last couple of injections-they also gave her more sedation this time and she is in and out sleeping--she seems very feeble and vulnerable today which is hard for me--she is normally very strong even at 87 and I easily forget her advanced age most times--makes me want to erase alot of years to keep her healthy longer..

I have heard of Tony Roma's --but I live in hooterville-nothing here like that-enjoy your dinner together know we are all celebrating with you!!

Jeanne
Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #113

OH Jeanne - my thoughts go out to her girl! Hopefully she is up and going again in no time!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Thoughts and prayers Jeanne.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Sorry Jeanne, I know it must be hard.

And I'm learning how hard it is to take care of our parents.........mine know everything, and MIL doesn't want us to do "to much". Then she'll feel like we have to know what's going on.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Michelle--yippee for a hubby with a memory for important dates!!! I want one of those!!!! give him a high five for me!!! and tell him he is appreciated from afar!!!!
Sooo true.

Several years ago my husband bought me some earrings for my b-day.....way ahead of time. Well, as usuall he forgot to give to me.

Later he ask me why I never wore them, so I had to convience him he never gave them to me. Sad thing is he hid them in his car, which we had traded in the year before.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

How was dinner Michelle? We have Tony Romo's here, but I've never been.

Jeanne I'd give anything to live in Hooterville. (I always laugh when you say that!!!)

What's everyone eating for the week-end? I need some ideals. My family is tired of all the usuall meat........maybe I should make a roast we have not had that in awhile.

Sorry for not checking in lately. I've got the grand-D a lot more lately, so she keeps me busy. My MIL has needed us lately, and my son left for Chicago yesterday, meeting up w/my brother. They are going to 2 Cardinal/Cubs games and doing some site seeing!! Wish I could have went. Oh well.

GTG Later Girls..........
Old 09-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

What I need to do is go back and watch the clip on how bad sugar is..............

I don't feel motivated to eat right at the moment. I haven't done to bad this week......I guess I'm just tired of eating the same ole thing.

Later TATORS!!!!!!!! (I'd love some tator tots right now )
Old 09-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Anna-you are tooo funny--I don't think you would like the scope of shopping in Hooterville--super Walmart is about it--they did open a new McD's this week--woohoo!!!

had to laugh about the earrings too--I hope someone is enjoying them--NOT!!! I understand why you buy yourself a gift now!! I think it is the way to go--I have asked for even a card for years--not a single card --but he does bring home flowers once in awhile-just not a man to go stand and read cards! I live with it and am thankful for the other good qualities-still working on some of those other issues--like the toilet seat--I noticed when we visit the son-he always puts down the seat at their house--but never at ours-well--I called him on it after we got home later--I said it was a matter of respect-he has it there but not here??? I think that hit home-I am catching him putting it down more lately--I just need to keep working on that man!!

Mom is much better today--thanks for the prayers and good thoughts-I took her home last evening and she vomited again as soon as we got inside--she had a rough day-the surgery center will call and check on her next week and I have told her to tell them what has been happening to her and find out what she is getting that makes her so sick--she may be allergic to something?

I am headed out shopping today with one of my friends-we have to go 50 miles to get any good stores so its always a full day but a fun day--this is the friend who grooms Dolly for me!

Anna--I have still not made it back to low carb-I have failed miserably getting back in gear--I have good intentions and then blow it--my pattern tho--I will succeed eventually and make it--I need to watch or read the sugar paper every day--I do know all the issues--I just don't heed the warnings! how can carbs have such control over a person? I am just not feeling strong right now--but I will pull it together--there is no choice.

back this evening maybe--have a great day everyone!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Sooo true.

Several years ago my husband bought me some earrings for my b-day.....way ahead of time. Well, as usuall he forgot to give to me.

Later he ask me why I never wore them, so I had to convience him he never gave them to me. Sad thing is he hid them in his car, which we had traded in the year before.
OH MY Annita, what a story! Funny and yet NOT!