Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Sunday was a little less busy. Sunday School started, I teach 3-6 graders, then church. Then I did a little grocery shopping and messed with the computer. Watched a little of the KC Chief's stomping (I LOVE FOOTBALL). Then watched The Lorax with Haven. Good weekend here!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

The fundraiser at church netted $1300 so that was GREAT!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/170.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica-rebooting the modem and the computer is the only thing that allows me to get on lately--they are supposed to bring me a new modem-one of my son's friends on facebook told him that these old modems are not able to keep up with....?something--I forget and that there are newer ones and that he had the same issue that resolved when they changed his out--so I called again this morning and requested a new modem--hopefully that will take care of the issues I am having although this slow dial-up speed just started over the weekend-not sure why that has started--I can't move around -yuk-

Crackslaw is one of the major food groups right? it seems to be here anyway! I need to get back to work-later tater
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/185/182.4/165
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Good afternoon ladies.

WTG Monica on the fund raising. That's a lot of money.

We did not get phones this weekend the line up was way to long and my husband has no patience. So I'll take care of it sometime during the week when it's less busy.

My furbabies are at the groomers today. I miss them so much but they will smell so good and look so cute when I pick them up. Sadie will look her usual gorgeous self, but my Ben goes from being a fluffy puff a lump to a shaved bald poodle. Sometimes I don't recognize him when I pick him up. I prefer him fluffy but he mats real bad and this is the only way to cleasn him right up.

I ate on plan all weekend, cravings are getting less and less. Hopefully I'll be completely on track by this weekend.

Later ladies.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Jenne - good plan on the new modem. Too bad you aren't close, we have a spare one I would gladly give you and yes, crack slaw IS a food group!

Michelle - way to go on eating on plan and give those fur babies kisses once they get home!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--I could buy a modem but they prefer you rent theirs on a monthly basis--3.00 something a month so not too bad-but I hope that takes care of the issue-I am wondering if something else is wrong too? I hope not--my son just put Norton 360 on here to help me with those bug issues.

Michelle-love those grooming days-Dolly needs another one before winter gets here and she freezes to death and her sweaters come out--such a fashionista!

I am not sure I could pick out a phone now--too many choices--the hubs and I both have eye appts Wednesday evening and I dread picking out frames--I have the old frames now that I had before Dolly broke the current ones-so I really need new glasses-I have put it off way too long!! The man always gets Titanium frames so he can be hard on them and they will survive-same with his phone-he gets those super duty phones that are waterproof.

cya all tomorrow

Jeanne
Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Dolly breaking your glasses reminds me of an incident my mom had with her little dog. The dog was still a puppy and my mom use to take her dentures out at night and put them on the bedside table. She woke up one morning andthe bed was full of teeth. And the puppy was sleeping away on her pillow. My mom never laughed, but I couldn't stop.

Dogs can be so distructive and so cute at the same time.LOL
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - I am almost certain that here in the next couple years, I am going to need glasses. I have never needed glasses. That is SCARY for me! My 40's have not been kind to my eyes!

Michelle - That story is hilarious! The teeth everywhere and the happy TIRED dog just sleeping away. HAPPILY! LOL

Things are good here. Just really busy at work!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/104/103 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good Morning.........

Jeanne how did glasses shopping go? I have had to use "readers" for several years. Just got real glasses a couple of yrs ago. And I don't like it. Monica do you use glasses for all your computer work? I hope you don't have to get them any time soon.

Oh Michelle that story is sooooo funny!! I can just picture the teeth all over the bed!! Thanks for sharing.

Still eating on plan, and blasting sugar every chance I get. One of our older neighbors came over last night and ask me about eating gluten free. (I felt honored.) Oh course most of the food choices I offered him cost more than the pasta and oatmeal he is use to eating.

GTG

A
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Annita - no glasses for anything for me. THere was a brief time in college that I was reading so much that I needed glasses, but that was it. I would get horrible headaches if I didn't use them back then. My distance vision is excellent, I guess reading that much, that close up was causing strain. what issues is your neighbor having?

Yesterday was a rough DD. I stayed within my calories, but I went to bed HUNGRY! That doesn't happen very often. It was not fun!

I weighed this a.m. Finally owned up to it. I am 3 pounds over my signature. 173.4

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo--I am back online!!! without waiting 5-8 minutes between windows--the guys who came said my modem was ancient--like me- I guess!! I also have a problem with internet explorer--he advised me to use google chrome which I am doing and I am getting along so much better--I just have to remember not to use internet explorer--I have always used it--must get used to another browser but I will.

Love the story with the teeth--laughed and laughed--I can relate--one of my dogs ate my hearing aids once! but the teeth are so much funnier--I keep thinking of those commercials where the dogs are wearing dentures!!

I got weighed today--its been a week back on course--lost 7 pounds of the 12.5 I gained during the stress eating... I will not get the rest of the pounds off that easily--it was all sugar!

Well-Mom and I are going to the graveyard this afternoon--she is having the monument company come out and engrave Dad and her monument with our kids' names on it--adding our children and the names- it will be interesting to see how they do that while in the cemetery.. then I need to go to the bank. and return and mow--I spent all morning waiting for the guys to arrive and didn't get anything done!

My eyes seemed to go bad one day--almost overnite I couldn't see--about age 40--have been wearing glasses clear at the top and prescription at the bottom since then though--but that may be changing! the appt is for this evening..
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

OH Jeanne my son SWEARS Google Chrome is the ONLY Way to surf!!!!!!! Way to go on the 7 pounds gone!!!!!!!! I have heard the exact same thing about my eyes, I'm 42 now and so far, so GOOD! Knock on SOMETHING!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

I wish I had Tristan here--I am totally lost with Google chrome-my computer must still have explorer in as the browser-It still pops up when I try to open some things and there is that slowness again--I am so not able to handle these things--my son is still gone in Kentucky-so I will hopefully get help when he returns friday-I looked at chrome and there is alot to learn--kids can pick it up so fast-I have readers all over the house and in the camper--just in case! I don't want to be without! I am blind without mine--can't read anything

I think we are going camping this weekend--the hubs and all the boys will be heading to the woods once October gets here--bow season comes in then--I will have lots of weekends alone--looking forward to it actually!

They didn't engrave the monument today--they just wanted to verify placement of the names--I was disappointed--they will do it sometime in the next few weeks--5 words and 125.00. the last time Mom priced it two years ago it was 75.00! darn economy!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Jeanne on the 7 lbs. Down is down even if it will be a little slower now. You and I are in the same slow row boat.

Not a lot new here. Dogs went for their annual check ups and shots yesterday. They aren't speaking to me today. Maybe later they'll forget where I took them and love me again.

It sure is getting cooler here. We are at 0 degC or around 30 deg F at night now. Winter is coming.

Well I'm off to work. I'll check in later.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Did you set up a Chrome short cut on your desk top? That is what he has done for our computer.

I am sure the monument will look beautiful once it is done! Well worth the money!

I had a good up day yesterday. Actually came in below my calories, but not by much! Today's DD is going ok so far! Supposed to rain today, I hope it does. The temps for the weekend are supposed to be perfect 70's all weekend! YEAH!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a great day MICHELLE!!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--you have way to much faith in me girl--I don't know anything about setting up shortcuts!! I know nothing! I did figure out how to set up yahoo this morning as my home page--and at least that helps a little--I don't know how to refresh it like I did with internet explorer-I keep hitting the back arrow--I know there must be away to do that but haven't figured it out yet-I still have internet explorer in my toolbar-it would be nice to have google chrome there but I can handle it not being there--the son will help me--he is still in Kentucky another day--I am taking the grands to school each morning and I am having to leave home at 7:30 like I used to roll out--thank goodness the dress code is easy!!

Today is actually the anniversary of my Dad's passing--7 years ago today--so Mom and I talked a long time this morning--the phone is her main outlet--I just signed her up for a new phone service today--quitting at &t and signing up for a plan thru her cable service-she will get unlimited long distance for just a few dollars more than she was paying for local calls--she has sisters in Texas and south Carolina plus other friends--she really will keep the phones hot now--this will be so good for her right now!!!

I am getting my glasses tonight--I went with purple and silver-purple frames around the eyes and then purple and silver down the ear side pieces--not sure how that will go with everything I wear but I didn't care-I wanted something to brighten up the focus!!!

Have a good day everyone--I have spent the last two days getting very little accomplished--tomorrow I will be getting the camper loaded and ready so that will be another day lost--I intend to do better next week--my pledge to myself--however thursday next week is a day out with taking Mom to get her spinal injection--so that is a full day--time flies!! Next week I want to decorate for fall too--I will get it done!! time to scat now!!

have a great day ladies

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 09-13-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Old 09-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - if you need help setting that stuff up for me, let me know. I can PM you my cell number and we can walk through it together. Or better yet, I will have my son show me so I can teach you! Your glasses sound really cool! Haven asked me this past weekend if we could decorate for fall/Halloween, I told her, not yet!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--you are too sweet--I am not that much of a hurry--tomorrow I HAVE to get something done--been playing too much with chrome-and I will wait till the son gets back home--he owes me since I have been driving his children!!! and the way gas is so high!! its 20 miles each trip!!!

Absolutely--it's time to decorate--the bad part--they have picked the corn in the field behind us and I always get corn stalks to make my haystacks---it's really too early for them to hold up--so they probably wouldn't last anyway--and straw bales are expensive too since the drought--it may be a small outside decoration!!! I used to do big ones when the grands were little! they loved it.. we even did a haunted hayride one year for Coltons birthday in our back ten acres--had stations where the kids were scared every little bit--it was a hoot--of course my oldest boy favorite holiday is halloween!!! he loves the scary stuff--I bought him a full size animated witch one year. I think Colton was 7--some of his friends' parents didn't care for their kids being scared like that--Chris and Kim heard about it later---ooops...!!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

We don't do a great deal when it comes to Halloween decorations here. It is a hit or miss whether we will have snow then. And you don't want all your decorations buried under snow.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I am so ready for fall temps--but not for snow--it seems way to early to talk about snow--your summer has seemed really short! I wouldn't do anything buried by snow either-no way!!

Your Christmas decorations last year were beautiful-I think I totally bailed last year on decorating for Christmas-

time to say good nite
Old 09-14-2012, 03:59 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/104/103 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Morning all......

Jeanne your glasses sound pretty. Love purple!!

Michelle hard to think "snow" here. Yesterday was 92, but we have a COLD front today, should only get up in the 80's. Maybe soup weather!!!

Hope everyone has a nice week-end.

I guess I should get the Halloween things out, the grand will love it!! Last year she was a lady bug. I love it when they are little.

How is T doing Monica? Does his leg hurt any? Sure hope not. Is H playing ball this week-end?

Later

A
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - that haunted hayride sounds awesome. Haven's birthday is in October and Halloween is one of her favorite holidays. She bought the stuff for her costume for this year back in JULY! SHe plans to be Katniss from Hunger games. She has it all planned out already. Spent like $8 at the thrift store. Isn't that hilarious???

Michelle - snow for Halloween, I am sure it is fairly common for you guys!

Annita - T's leg is improving. He has to wear a brace and is in limited activity for PE at school. His ortho encouraged him to ride his bike as it is perfect rehab for the knee. Thanks for asking.

Yes, this weekend is softball. Haven has 4 games Saturday and on Sunday they play till they lose (guessing, it will be 1 game). THey moved up to the next division, so they are the younger girls right now. The games are actually here in our town this weekend. We won't know what to do being so close to home! LOL Tonight we are running a few errands and then PIZZA night! I think we will all watch a movie too! Sunday Dennis and I have tickets for a winery. It is a fundraiser for Toys for Tots. The tickets get you free food, bring a toy and it's free wine! We are all over that. Not sure who will drive home! One of us will only sip, it will probably be HIM!

What is going on for everyone else this weekend??
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Haven and Halloween just seem to fit a picture--and finding a costume at the thrift store--how neat is that--Tina would be all over that! I sure do miss her posts--wish we had better thrift stores like she finds

Well--I was so proud of myself getting my homepage set up--nope!! it wouldn't function--no up down arrow action and the windows that are supposed to toggle and move with different stories didn't move!!! I did something wrong-so I went back and deleted what I did--back to waiting on the son-lol---I tried--he tell me--Mother--just don't mess with it--you always make it worse--and I do-but he just gets in there and does it and doesn't SHOW me--I never learn much with him--he just fixes my messes--I get more bugs and viruses than anybody else in his family he says!!! beats me

We are headed to the campground this weekend--I really need to have a peaceful weekend--just not sleeping well since my brothers passing and I think maybe the change of pace will help? it is supposed to be in the 70s with a low of 48 at nite-brrr -that's the coolest it has been--good camping weather--I am taking my fuzzy sweats and sneakers for sure!! Dolly has a new snuggly bed too that I am trying to get her to use--it has a hood over the top-top and bottom are sherpa so she will be toasty warm this winter if I can get her to sleep in it--she will go into it after her bone and lay down but she doesn't stay there too long--still working on it...

well-back to getting ready--have a great weekend ladies--I am going to read a book this weekend and kick back--will be thinking about you all--go Haven!!!

Monica--have a great time at the wine tasting--taste one for me--I like sweet!!! maybe taste two for me!!!

Anna--where is it you live--it's close to Monica isn't it??? I think it would be awesome some day to meet up since we are no too terribly far apart--something to ponder for maybe next summer?

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 09-14-2012 at 09:04 AM..
Old 09-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--keep meaning to ask you about the post when you wrote --shoot me now--or something like that--did something happen and we missed it-???? I think about it too late and then its gone like the rest of my mind
Old 09-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne- when you open your Internet, you should be able to RIGHT CLICK with the mouse up at the top and choose the "bars" you want displayed. See if that is something you can do!

Dolly will be DRESSED for the weather indeed. Sounds like your temps are the same as for here!

I don't do sweet wine. I like it dry. Red isn't my fave, but heck, I will drink a glass or 2 of just about anything that is FREE!!! Local wineries to boot!

I think Annita is in TEXAS, we could all meet up, I would love that! Michelle, you could plan for a plane trip too! I would go to Sedalia and drag TINA to it too! I would LOVE to meet each of you gals! LOVE IT! Jeanne could bring the camper and we could ROUGH It. Well, you could park the camper in a hotel parking lot. I would be inside for showering, bathroom time and such. I was so never a girl scout!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

JEANNE - the bars I have are MENU, Favorites, Comand and Status. To get a homepage the way you want it (as in you open internet and it is there) go to TOOLS, Internet Options and where it states Home page, put the web address you want, then hit ok!

HTH

Again, I will PM you my cell number. IF you ever want to ask questions about computer or talk about LIFE, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to talk to any of you guys!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the cell--I will use it only in extreme need!!! I have a wrench up in the right hand corner--and that's where I went to do the homepage-I went to settings and then to the startup page to enter in what I thought was correct--even copied it to make sure-but it sure wouldn't work --it opened right and everything--just didn't function right! so I must have done something wrong? not a big deal-I can get to where I need with another tab so it's not that important---I appreciate the help tho--always glad to learn something new--I think I will like chrome-I found a tab today about chrome-so I will head there next week when I have more time

Now I remember--it was Tina who lived close to Monica--I was thinking it was Anna--still we could maybe find a place central--and maybe Michelle would be willing to fly again--it could be a great time in meeting old/new friends--I don't drive the camper tho--that is totally not my thing-would be like driving a bus! I think a nice hotel would suffice just fine! we could do pedi and mani with Michelle!!!

ok--gotta run
Old 09-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

I am all about a NICE HOTEL!!!! Mani/pedi's I am so there!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Well down another 2 lbs this week, but more importantly I feel better and cravings are gone. I can move on once more.

Jeanne---Have a great camping weekend

Monica-- Go Haven Go!

Anna--- You make me laugh. Soup in the 80s. That's hot weather here!

Have to run,lot's of errands today. I'll check in later ladies.