Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #631
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Same goes for me! I am out of control and will pledge to get back to business on in January.

But anyways... Monica -Marcel and I wish you and your whole family a fabulous Christmas. Eat, drink, and be merry in the warm waters for Jeanne and I and know you will be missed. Once again a blessed Christmas to you.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Bon Voyage my friend--Merry Christmas!

Michelle--how you doing up there preparing for the two big feasts?? how is your neck? I hope you are dealing with all the stress!! Merry Christmas to you and Marcel too!! I know tomorrow you will be busy doing all your cooking and the next day also--we are planning a very quiet Christmas--Mass tomorrow evening then BBQ that we are fixing to take to the son's house next door-then we will go next door on Christmas morning to watch the grands open their gifts--and then return later for dinner--this weekend has been nice and relaxing--and Bill and I are planning on doing a few things this week--I have to go to the doctor on Thursday and take Mom so that day will be out and about! so far so good with the hubs home!!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

You sound like you are going to have the most perfect Christmas. I am getting quite busy now. I have made the 2 x 9" chocolate chip cookies, the two 9" cheesecakes, and the 2 9" brownie batches. In a few hours I will put them together with the marshmellow frosting and fudge frosting. My fingers are crossed. I have started my other cooking too.
Yesterday was Sadie's 17th bday. Marcel and I sang her happy bday and I made her a meat pie. She is sure showing her age, but I still think she is enjoying life although I don't think it will be too much longer.

If I don't get a chance to come back today I really do wish you and your family a fantastic Christmas. Enjoy your family and the food and have guiltfree fun. Life is too short to worry about a few pounds. We have all of 2013 to take care of that, right?

Merry Christmas Jeanne!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday to Sadie--awesome age for a furbaby to live! just shows the love and care she has received! I wish I was there to give her some hugs and loving! I know it was bittersweet! just remember the love never dies and she will meet you at the rainbow bridge someday! I already think about the day I will lose my Dolly and it breaks my heart already--she is just the most precious little dog--never had a little dog before and it has been an experience in having another baby actually!

I knew you would be super busy getting it all together so take a few moments out of each day to enjoy the days and just breathe--we all don't do that enough --at least I know I don't-enjoy the memory making moments-they are the special ones to keep close to us...

We are under a winter storm watch for Wednesday--they are not saying yet how much snow but it is looking like I may have to cancel my doctor visit since it is out of town! It is not worth traveling in that much--so the grands are going to love this! snow like this shuts our town down if we get as much as they say we might-6-12 possible!

Merry Christmas to all!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-24-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Old 12-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/107/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Happy Birthday Sadie!!

Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. (My kids too if your out there)

I hope you enjoy your travels, your family and your fur babies.

Sorry I dropped out.....just a lot of stuff to deal with right now.

Happy Holidays you all -- from the deep south....78 degress here today

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Anna-so good to see you pop in--Merry Christmas to you and all your family--please come back when things settle down for you--we are all planning on hitting it hard again the 1st of the year--I have been bad to the bone for several weeks now and will have to pay the piper! I hope things settle down for you and you find your way back to us--we sure do miss you!!
Hugs an Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas My Friends!!

The big news in Indiana tonite is the winter storm heading to us--it is supposed to start about 1am tonite--we are under a blizzard warning--in all of my years I do not remember ever being in a Blizzard Warning--they are calling for US to have up to 14-16 inches of snow!!! we have not had snow like this since 1978! the weather radio is going nuts and the warnings are on every channel! the grandkids are excited of course! I was supposed to take my car out to get aligned in the morning--very doubtful that will happen-it will be doubtful if I get out Thursday to the doctor for Mom either--snow like that will shut our area down for several days!

Michelle--hope you are having a wonderful day-it has been a good day here-we have had a full day and the stepson and his family just left--so tonite we will probably watch a movie and just relax.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Anna. We miss you!

Jeanne did you get that storm? Are you ok? Will you be able to get out to the docs?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Well it was nuice around here too for xmas. But my dessert was a failure. I could not even slice into it. I tried to but I ebded up having to scoop it and hack at it and serve a big mess that was way too sweet. I have never been more embarrassed! Never again!
Now on to my vegetarian dinner with a bought dessert!

Let me know how it's going down there Jeanne. Take care and keep safe.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to hear about the dessert Michelle--it really sounded like it was going to be awesome--I would not have had a problem scooping mine!! I haven't found anything yet that is too sweet for me!! I probably would think it was perfect! you are too hard on yourself!

we got somewhere between 10-12 inches of snow--so I was going to call and cancel my car getting aligned today but they called before I had a chance and said the office was closed--most everything is closed--I then called the doctor and cancelled our visits for tomorrow--we will do them in January now! Poor Dolly has never been in a snow this deep and she didn't know what to do about going potty--she tried her best to stay on top of the snow and hop and jump from place to place but she got caught in a drift and was buried--I was glad I was watching her--we have dog doors for her to get in and out herself--so she had to be rescued...I had to towel her off all day--she thought snow balls on her fur were sticker balls that she gets into in the weeds and she kept trying to bite her hair to get them off--had to keep drying her all day to stop that--it's been busy just keeping an eye on her--she got out a couple of times without me catching her--so Bill shoveled her a path out to the middle of the yard at least so she has a place to go--I am not sure it will not blow shut--our wind is why they kept us on the blizzard warning for so long--it is just now starting to calm down finally! One sweater in the dryer and one on her back and forth all day--it was a day of new things for her for sure!

Good Luck with that vegetarian dinner--I am sure it will be fine--you are an excellent cook--I stick with those simple easy things! What did you decide to serve?

not much going on here--it has actually been nice to have the hubs home this week so far-I thought I would be ready to kill him by now..lol!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #640
Senior LCF Member

Hi you all......

WOW all the SNOW!! We only dream about that. My 16 yr old has never seen snow, only a few snow "dusting" not the real deal. Poor Dolly! Glad you have sweaters for her.

Your cake sounds so good Michelle. I'm with J....I'd scoop it out, and not blink an eye.

My eating has been awful since Oct.....can't seem to get my act together. I do good for a few days, then I eat pure junk. And I don't even know why.

My dh just got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. (one wk ago) So we don't know much about it all really. He has already been put on Metformin 2 x a day. Goes back to the dr in 2 wks for more information. He does not need to lose any weight.....he is very thin. (He has lost 30 lbs, not trying in the last couple of months) So I don't know if LC diet will still work for him or not? I'm pretty much feeding him LC....cause I don't know what else to do. DH works in a hospital....so he has gotten lots of advice from co-workers. Most want him to eat vegetarian?!? I did that once for 6 yrs and gained a lot of weight. I don't want to go there again. AND I know it works for some people, just saying.

Sorry to rattle so.

Not sure if I'll try for another challenage or not. I really need to work.... so not sure how that will play out.

Glad everyone had a nice Christmas. Ours was very quiet. Older son and family came over Christmas Eve, so we did all our prestents then. Was nice, but the next day....Christmas Day....was very a quiet. Just sad......oh well.

Enjoy your cold snow....it is just cold here now.

Anna
Old 12-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Anna--go to Dr. Berstein's Website--the berstein solution book is what you need to get too-he is a Dr. who was actually a cardiologist-who I think had diabetes-so he changed to his focus to that and now is a diabetic doc totally--his website and books are where you need to go--and your hubs does not need to follow the ADA diet or their recommendations--their recommendations are so ancient and they still follow them-one of the reasons diabetes has remained so rampant-Dr. Bernstein can actually have people off their meds if you follow his plan-it's a good place to go for information--if you can't find it--I am not sure I can link it here but maybe I can find your email address?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Poor Dolly! How is she doing now?

Anna sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis. Hopefully with the internet and so much access to info these days you will be able to find help somewhere.

My vegetarian dinner went great, but after the past few weeks of cheat after cheat I am feeling horrible. And there is still a ton of bad foods in the house. I am not one to throw food out so I'm sure I will eat it all until it is gone and I am 20lbs heavier. Hopefully by the time we want to start our new challenge everything will be gone and I will be ready.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #643
Senior LCF Member

Hi girls..........

Thanks so much for the infor Jeanne. I found the web site, thinking of ordering his book. There is anther site, bloodsugar 101 (I think) that I read about on here also. It too is good. We're just sorta in limbo......cause we haven't seen the dr since dh found out. He has an appointment in 2 wks. DH ate crack slaw the other night, did not complain!! Ha (he didn't like it before)

Oh Michelle I have a ton of "carbage" in my house, ds is home from college, and he is so thin/skinny I don't have the heart to tell him to get rid of the junk.

How is Dolly and the snow? I'm sure she is cute in the snow, but I feel sorry for her at the same time.

Glad your vegetarian dinner went well M, I like alot of veg food, but I always put on weight when I try to go veggie. One of my friends is vegan....her whole family is, 4 kids, they all look great. I'm just hungry all the time........I really just like to eat.

You all have a great day. Thanks again J for the infor.

Anna
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning ladies. I have been thinking of a new challenge.(I know Anna you are not sure you want one) but what do you think of the title. "The 2-4-6-8-10 Week Challenge"
It would start after New Years and go for 10 or so weeks. The 2-4-6-8.... is for taking it 2 weeks at a time. That is how I originally lost the weight. I would plan for two weeks at a time. Saying it's only 2 weeks you can do it. Then try for another two weeks and so on. It would also work for those with only a few lbs to lose. They may only need 2 or 4 weeks to hit a goal. I need to lose over 20lbs again so I'll need the 10 weeks +.What do you think?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--I HOPE I can do something for 2 weeks? at this point who knows??? It has been soooo bad! I don't even want to know how bad! the challenge is what I need however! I love the name and the thinking about how to do it two weeks at a time! surely that will help me?
Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Years my friends--wishing you all the best of health and all the best that 2013 can bring!!!

Tomorrow is the day I hope to restart my restart of my restart of my restart.... that could go on forever!! hoping to someday truly make it a lifestyle and not anything but... I need to adjust my thinking, my cooking, my planning, my grocery buying...I continue to think I must provide the hubs with his goodies but more and more I think he needs to eat my way and become healthier also... I can only try in that dept. and since I do most of the shopping--I do have an advantage--as long as I can keep him satisfied with lowcarb baking I will do ok I think? anyway--that is my hope this time around and we will see how far it gets me..

Monica--hope you are having the time of your life-I see images of Patrick Swayze when I type that!

Anna--hoping we can see more of you too in the New Year--we all need the encouragement and uplifting we bring to each other...

Again--Happy New Years my friends--see you in 2013!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

I ditto everything you said Jeanne and I am hopeful 2013 is the year that this will happen.
I gained 12 lbs just over the last challenge. That's horrible and I have no one but to blame but myself since I do all the shopping. We will do it through the grace of God and our friends Jeanne I just know it!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

12 is the magic number--I gained that just over the last month!!! uggggh--I did it totally to myself--December was a horrible month for me-I keep blaming my emotions-I miss my sweet brother so much-his birthday was in December and Christmas wasn't Christmas without him-so I am glad to restart anew this year and put the sorrow behind me...and look forward to a better healthier year! and I am hoping to keep that healthy focus--I just need daily reminders-lol--hoping to get that here!

Michelle-are you starting a new link/challenge today? we will do this together this year I just know it--now I need to go update my weight-grrrr... I knew it was going to be bad--I have been unzipping my jeans way too much to be comfortable!!!

I have gained 16 lbs over the last time I updated my profile---double ugggh

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-01-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #649
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Good morning all. Back home and rested up . I'll post more later today

Great seeing you Anna
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #650

We need to start a new challenge?? Through EASTER????
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

I'm in! Do you have a title?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #652

Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #653

Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #654

Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #655

Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #656

Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #657

Old 01-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #658

Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Monica....the pictures are beautiful. You and your family look so happy. I hope your cruise was all that you expected it to be. I can't wait to hear the details.

PS
I had mentioned to Jeanne the next challenge could be called thed the 2-4-6-8-10 week challenge. It would take us to March 13th. It could be for people who want a 2 week or 4 week or so on challenge. And also for those who need a good ten weeks to get the job done. What do you think?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome home Monica--awesome pics-you guys look so rested and happy--love the pic of you and the hubs--it is really the first close-up pic I have seen of him--nice looking man!! love that one of you two together--matching black is stunning!! looks like you all had a great time! waiting for the details!

made it through two days on plan so far--I really needed to get back on plan-feeling better so far just in my head by being in better control--that out of control feeling is no fun! hate it! How you doing Michelle?

I am headed into my old office-I have lots of paperwork to do today-I just pile it up and let it accumulate-time to take care of it today! I am such a procrastinator! so time to get busy... later my friends