Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
I know Michelle I was glued to CNN most of the day yesterday and the news just kept getting worse and worse-I just was devastated everytime they said those poor children remained in the school last nite-it just broke my heart. I can't even imagine the pain of their parents... I would be inconsolable.

it just is so so sad and makes me want to hug my children and grandchildren every day..

we have a concert --singing -for the grandtr to attend tomorrow afternoon at her school-anxious to attend that-I haven't heard her sing before--she is in a group of 12! I was in the choir when in high school also--makes me a proud grandma..they are growing up so fast-hard to believe she is sophomore! College is close.. I think she will be attending the junior college that I went to which is 20 miles away--unless she gets a running scholarship someday? I would like for her to stay close but she would like to go away I know! it's all part of growing up--I was heartbroken when Nate went to college--really depressed--he was my baby...I truly was depressed for awhile!

raining here all day -not sure what is on the agenda-the hubs wants to go to Harbor Freight-so we might make a trip shopping! if so--I want to hit up some of my stores--not sure that will happen tho-never has before! I will need to drop him off at a MAN store first I bet!
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

well-we did go shopping-I made it into TJ Maxx while he went into Dicks! I ended up buying an metal easel and some silicone cupcake liners! spent 10.00!! woohoo--such a big spender! we ate out at a Chinese place-again I am eating totally off plan-and tomorrow is the hubs Christmas party-so it will be another nite of eating off-I haven't been on the scale-and will not until after the holiday when I plan on restarting strong!!

the grandtr's concert is this afternoon-looking forward to that

later gator
Old 12-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #603
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - so glad your son is squeezing in a visit! I have truly tried to impress upon my children the extreme importance of FAMILY. I Pray that when they are older, they make it a priority all year and especially during the holidays....following the example we have set!

Michelle - spreading out into 2 shopping trips is a great idea!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #604

The shooting was horrific. Dennis and I only had the news on at 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning. I tried my best to shield the children. Saturday morning I finally had to just turn it off, I simply couldn't stop crying. Then Dennis' Family came for Christmas yesterday and my SIL is very vocal on her opinions. She felt the need to talk about it a BUNCH! I finally left the room and took Haven with me. T seems ok with it all, but Haven, she is only 11. Last night, Haven BEGGED me not to leave her side when she was trying to fall asleep. She literally cried herself to sleep. My SIL is to blame for that. That crazy woman even went as far to say that all Teachers should Have a gun in the classroom with them to defend herself and the kids. REALLY??? I am horrified, but I think that would only make things worse. I was so mad last night I was thankful we really don't see his side all that often!

That being said, my eating was OOC all weekend. Out of CONTROL! Today, is still and up day, but a managed one. My goal is to have a DD Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday! We go on our CRUISE this week! We are all so excited!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

yippee for some good things to see and talk about--the cruise is happening! I am so excited for you! I am hoping you have the best Christmas ever!! of course we will miss you something crazy but we will keep the light on and be thrilled when you return and share all the details--hug that Haven for me!!

The concert was really cute--I was wrong about the number--several more kids--7 boys and umpteen girls-all dressed in black long dresses-the boys were in tuxedo like tops-perfect decorations and beautiful songs with some cute ones thrown in-I loved it totally--now Tuesday nite is Coltons Band Christmas concert and tonite is the hubs Christmas party!! and my friend Sharon wants to hit shopping out of town once more this week-I am ready for it all-and then next week-I will just crash I think? I have so much to do this week--procrastination is my middle name!

I think we are all eating OOC during the stress of the Friday massacre--I am still just unable to fathom it all and I think the shock factor for children is even more so-children should never have to deal with these type of things in their life time--or even see or hear about them-makes me know that we need to put God back into our schools --our president can talk about God at meetings like last nite with the families of the children but they aren't allowed to do that in their schools? makes me wonder about the irony? something needs to change for sure...gun control laws I don't think will stop the craziness?
these people will always find a gun-we need to find a way to stop them before they use it!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-17-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Oh Monica....poor Haven. Just keep hugging her. I'm sure looking forward to the cruise will help elevate her spirits. I think this trip will help you all through it.

Jeanne---I can hear their angelic voices way up here. They sound magnificent. Your week sounds busy but fun and that is what the holidays are all about.

I have decided on my Christmas dessert. Are you ready? It is a s'mores cake. Layers of brownies, cheesecake,marshmellows,graham wafers, and chocolate chip cookies.All covered in fudge frosting.
I cannot think of anything more decadent. Talk about OOC!

I have a furnace repair women here right now just doing our yearly maintainence and then I'm off to the chiropractor. My neck is really hurting right now. Hopefully he can put me bach into shape before I have to start all this cooking.

When do you ladies want the next challenge to start?????

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle

Last edited by michelle204; 12-17-2012 at 07:05 AM..
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Here is a picture of the cake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cake2Bpiece2B2.jpg (33.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-that cake looks so decadent!!! I am drooling here!! I don't suppose you have a lowcarb version???

I am thinking New Years Day is the perfect time to restart the new challenge--only because I think I have one final party on New Years EVE---but I can float along with anything you guys want to do--I am more than flexible in my eating these days!!! I am just sticking my head in the sand I know!

We just had a storm and then the sun came out while it is still raining and I just know there is a rainbow in that sky somewhere--a good reminder that there is no rainbow without the rain.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #609

OH I'm glad I don't like marshmellows or I would be ALL OVER THAT!!!!!!!!!!

New year's Day is fine with me!!! What shall we name it???

I need to vent for a moment. My sister called m on Saturday to ****** about her husband. He is wanting to lease a car or something with his money (they keep all money separate completely) she was so against it. She told me she still has a ton of medical bills and has a CAT scan today that will need copay and such paid on. Said, if he has extra money, he should help me with my medical bills (which he has done as well). I listened and even said, that's CRAZY. Add a lease payment for a car to save gas money?? you will not come out ahead.

Fast forward to today...she texts me a picture of her new TATOO!!!!!!!!! I was like, oh my! She doesn't want me to mention it to my parents. I was like, don't you think they will notice it on the cruise?? She said, she just wants to tell them later. I asked how much it cost? She said $100!!!!!!!!!!! I said, oh my, I wouldn't tell Mom for sure! her response:

Why not, I'm 40???

I said, listen, tat up your body. What do I care? I said, but just Saturday you were complaining to me (and MOM) about how much you owe hospitals and such. I said, it doesn't really all gel if you can spend $100 on a tatoo! She didn't respond at all.

PLUS, I know my parents gave her a BUNCH of money for her birthday last week, because they felt sorry for her thinking she couldn't afford the excursions on our cruise this week.

My sister is a 40 year old MESS!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

feel free to vent here--I have stepchildren who are close to 40 who are reckless with their finances also--I really want to make sure when I pass away or if we pass away together that what is left is not spent for electronics which is what their money goes for now and tattoos and those balls on your tongue! they are constantly adding more to their bodies! but their names were both in the newspaper last week where the some credit agency sued them for not paying their bills! he works for Toyota and she is a nurse so we are talking great money between the two of them--they just don't care except for this type of stuff! live in a mobile home that we gave them the down payment for even and don't seem to want to get ahead? so I do know of the issues you speak!! I feel bad for your parents giving their money just to end up on a tattoo!! that isn't right.

I don't know the answer to make people grow up and mature--I think it's a stage or stages in life they never went thru and maybe never will to attain maturity?

on another note--I have seen 80 year old women with tattoos that they got when they were young--it is hard to even recognize what they are--it isn't pretty!!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #611

Sounds like my sister is JUST like them! She wouldn't have a house if it weren't for her husband.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #612

I have told my sister just that. What happens in 30 years??? Honestly the way she lives, she won't make it that long. I hate to think it, but I fear it is a fact
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

I understand your fear but you have to keep remembering what you have learned in AA-you can't do it for her--she has to do it-and as sad as it is to watch-you can't be dragged down into the mess either... hopefully she will realize what she is doing before it is too late? I think sometimes we have to distance ourselves in order to protect ourselves? and in some sense build a wall of protection around ourselves to prevent that pain and hurt that we know will be there if we let ourselves get too deep.. How does her husband deal with all her issues without giving up? he must truly love her?

the party was good--the smoked ribs and chicken was out of this world delish! I ended up with my present being a multi-tool for fishing! the hubs got a summer sausage, cheese and cracker set-there is a game played and you never know what you will end up with! he and all the guys got a Carhartt jacket--the first year they have done that ever! they usually get a ham but this is so much nicer since they work out in the weather!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

just a fast one-need to run to the grocery store!

Monica--there is a blog-cara's cravings-that is starting this week to have a marathon of different bloggers sharing their top of the line recipes that have been listed on pinterest and other sites--all gluten free---I figure these will be some really good recipes and thought of you!! you may already know about it but thought I would share!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #615

OH Jeanne - you are right. My sister's life, HER DEAL! Thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!Love that your hubs got a new jacket and Carhart's are so freaking WARM!!! AWESOME!

thanks for sharing the blog info! I always enjoy more GF recipes. I will have to look that all up when we come back from Vacation!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Way busy here, will try to stop by later.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry i'm so late checking in. Gave blood yesterday and today I am just wiped out. I went to chiropractor ,then did some shopping, and then it was straight to bed for a long nap.
Glad you enjoyed your party Jeanne. The prizes sound great. And Monica I know we tell you to just ignore your sister, but that is easier said then done. So rant away, that's what we're here for.
Going to make some butter parmesan chicken wings for supper now. I keep forgetting how much we love those things. My mouth is already watering.
Later girls!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #617

Omg that sounds DELISH!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #618

Haven and I headed into KC last night. I needed to pick up my wedding rind and another ring that had work done on them. Then we went to Kohls and Justice (HELL is what Justice is ) Then she wanted Chipotle. It was a DD for me, so, I didn't order anything I sat and watched her eat. I ate a few chips, that is all!

TODAY I WILL EAT! It's my boss' birthday so we will order in lunch. MAYBE I will get lucky and he will want Chipotle! Who knows! Tonight is the last mid-week service for advent at church. If I go, there is soup for dinner there. Haven't decided if I will go!

Tons of work and only 3 working days to get it all done!!!!!!!! Have a great day ladies!!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Take a deep breath Monica--you will get it all done and then it's relaxation time! I can just imagine how much stuff you are trying to pull together... I know you will make it--you astound me with everything you do

Michelle--how did the chiro visit go? are you feeling any better? I hate that you are still having problems and now you have those two big dinners to do too--I know you will do fabulous also--I loved that dessert!!!

we are supposed to get some snow tomorrow and a wind advisory--they are calling it a bitter change! doesn't sound good to me! I don't think there is a chance of snow sticking around because the temps have been in the 40s and 50s lately--so there will have to be a sustained cold--altho they did say we might have a white Christmas--I think that would be great! It is a good feeling that we are going to the son's next door for Christmas eve and Christmas dinner--takes a lot of pressure off me--glad we trade off holidays--I will take a covered dish or two and a dessert but no worries about all the other stuff!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #620

Weather is SH !T here right now. We got sleet, couple inches of snow and now the BLOWING! Viability was NOTHING when I drove in to work this morning. I left the house at 6:30 to miss more of the traffic. I am sure glad I did. Thus far it is just Dennis and I here!

I think it's 50 MPH winds here now. Temp is 30* and to fall all day. I am sure I don't even want to know the windchill. Kids don't have school. There's really no way they could. Snow hit right at 4:00 a.m. (ish) so plows haven't had time to do anything. So kids are done now till January! Both were very happy. It was a 1/2 day for T and Party day for Haven. Not much learning planned I believe!

Jeanne - I too love a white Christmas!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about the weather girls. Sounds bad Monica. If you girls ever want a guaranteed white Christmas then just come on up. But be prepared for -35 temps.LOL. Once back in 1986 I spent Christmas with my mom in Texas and had a green Christmas. I LOVED IT.

Chiro went well, but still not much relief. Hopefully after Friday's visit I will be good enough to get through all the cooking and cleaning.

Jeanne---Is Dolly invited to your son's for Christmas or does she have to stay home?

Monica---You have a dog too right?
Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Dolly will be with us--they have a shelter dog named Lady that Dolly loves to play with--she gets beat up pretty bad because Lady is five times as big but she will eventually climb up on my lap when she has had enough! Hope your neck survives all that cooking--I always show stress in my neck so I hope that isn't making it worse--are you doing any early prep to help you out this weekend? I will be thinking about you doing all that cooking! my son is actually the cook in their house! my dil has never been the cook and he doesn't seem to mind? I am not sure what the main course is this year-they usually have turkey-but haven't heard

Monica--all that nasty stuff is headed our way--I could do without some of it-I have a planned day out tomorrow-the rain stopped and the sun is out right now but the wind is bad-I hope you and Dennis get home safely--be careful! this will make getting away all that much more nice--think about sunshine and margaritas!

I am going to make a big pot of vegetable soup today-it just sounds like we are going to need it this weekend? I use most of my stuff from our garden-so I better be rounding it all up and getting busy so it can simmer!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #623

Michelle - you will have a busy weekend for sure!! We do have a dog, we are taking her to a friends house on the way to the airport. This friend has 3 kids and they love Jessie. They have already said, she will have a stocking and gifts!!! Jessie won't want to come home!!

Jeanne - you are so right. Me , my booty on the beach sipping a drink !! That will help me get through the reast of today and tomorrow!!! When do your guests arrive? Or were you heading somewhere, if so, when do you leave ????
Old 12-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #624

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 41*. Our snow will be gone quick
Old 12-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

we are under a wind advisory but only ended up with a dusting a snow! I am headed into the shower and then to finish up some errands later

stay warm ladies
Old 12-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Well I'm done with work now til Jan 2nd. Marcel and I decided since it is so slow we would just close and catch up on some well deserved rest. But by being closed we can't make any money so we will just stay home and try not to spend any money. It is quite bittersweet.

How's your storm Jeanne?

Monica---You must be so excited!!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

just windy here Michelle-no storm-just a dusting of snow-the roads weren't even slick! I think we are supposed to get more snow early next week for Christmas which will be nice-the grands haven't had much snow to play in for a while so I am sure they would enjoy it while they are out of school

Enjoy your time off--the hubs is off work now also until the beginning of the year too--not sure what I will do with him! I am not used to having him home with me-In the summer he would tinker around in his barn-maybe he still will? time will tell!

Monica-tick tick tick--I am sure you are busy as a bee!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #628

Michelle - a much deserved break for you!!! I made it through work. There was some stuff that didn't get done, such is!!! We ate pizza and opened our gifts tonight . Tomorrow morning we pack up. Laundry is all done.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #629

Jeanne - keep the hubs busy. That's the key!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

well-If I don't get on here before you leave--Merry Christmas to you and all your family--have a great cruise-take lots of pics and enjoy enjoy enjoy! we will miss you but it will be all business the first of the year-It has to be for me-I am still eating off plan and it's not pretty! I will be glad to restart even tho I checked my sugar this morning expecting it to be really bad and it was 89--that was a shock--it's worse when I am strict lowcarb! but my jeans are way too tight and that is a bad sign! I have been eating all the goodies and that will come to an abrupt halt soon!