Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Girls, My weekend have been full of Up Days. I am hoping I can now keep it in line till the cruise. We had a GREAT time. The Bed and Breakfast we stayed at was simply amazing! So beautiful. The town of Hermann MO is so quaint and lovely. Where we stayed was up on the Hill and over looked the whole town! It was amazing. The weather wasn't bad either, not great, but not awful. We went to the 7 wineries on the trail and sampled what they offered. Most of the food had gluten, so I just enjoyed the day. We bought some kettle corn (my all time FAVE) and had some of it in between stops, then for dinner we ate at a local mexican place. The food was great. Yesterday we headed back to my Parent's house and made homemade pizza (1 GF too) and had ice cream cake for T's birthday. My baby boy turns 14 on Friday! Then we hung out at my Mom's playing mexican dominoes AND I WON the game! All told, it was an amazing weekend! I am so glad Dennis and I decided to do this for each other for Christmas. The cruise will be amazing, but alone couple time, will NOT be happening!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #572

Michelle - You didn't win a tree this year??? DARN IT!

Jeanne - there was a craft show in Hermann too! They had a ton of scarves at this one. Did yours? There were also a bunch of baskets and then tons of Jewlrey! There was a few other things too. I didn't buy anything. Had 2 different baskets that I thought about buying but walked away.

We ended up buying 8 bottles of wine! I guess you see where our loyalties lie!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #573

view from the dining room at the B&B

Dennis and I at a local Hermann vineyard

goofy picture of me with the towel art that was in our room when we arrived.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/172 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
that is not a goofy picture--that is a beautiful picture of you--you look so amazing there--like a woman totally in love and happy!!! I love it!!! It shows in your face how good a time you were having--I liked the pic of you and Dennis in the vineyard too--and the pic from the dining room--it looks like a great place!

I did see lots of crocheted scarves--but I didn't see much of those being sold-they were all the same kind of pattern--real lacy

It just pays to go to the craft shows to see what people are doing for crafts I think-I never seem to have enough time--I am a lousy time manager but I admire those who can turn out all that stuff!

it takes a lot to walk away from some of those beautiful things tho--but they were expensive! and I am on a poor type of budget-especially since our Christmas furnace!!

Thanks for sharing the pics-I can imagine that vineyard in the summer--our 20 acres was almost a vineyard--the people who were looking at it before us were going to make a vineyard--they now live across the road in a woods--they gave up the vineyard idea totally!! I think buying wine was a great choice!! buy what you like and enjoy!! there will be memories every time you have a glass from there!
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Monica your trips sounds wonderful. My husband does not have a romantic bone in his body and would never take a trip like that. Don't get me wrong...he loves me very much and we get along great, but he would never want to spend so much alone and one on one time together. Once again I will just have to live vicariously through you. You go girl!!!!!!!
Jeanne---I had forgotten about your furnace problem. That expense is never welcome, but just before Christmas really sucks.

I still have not finallized my dinner plans. I have no idea why I am procrastinating so much. I know I will feel relief once my menus are planned and grocery and timing lists are made out. But like my eating choices...I choose to not do what's right.I will never learn.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #576

Jeanne - There were tons of scarves at this show too! Some lace, others not. I was shocked! Scarves are truly the current RAGE! OH we will LOVE our wine! Dennis and I drink about 1 or 2 bottles a week together!

Michelle - each couple has their thing. This is just ours! With the kids, it is best for us to try to get away every once in a while and the cruise will be amazing and wonderful, but in those small rooms....no room for ALONE time!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #577

My baby boy turns 14 on Friday!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! He will start High School in August!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

You look way to young to have a 14 year old! What's the b-day plans?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday to T!!! it really makes you realize how fast they grow up when they start High School!! next will be driving MOM!!!

Michelle--I think my hubs and Marcel are related! if it doesn't relate to hunting he has no interest--what is romance? I live for tidbits thru Monica--she is my Harlequin romance novel!! and we have no small kiddos to interrupt either--dullville is our name! We don't even stay awake for New Years Eve anymore! I don't think I am alone with this either-my friends say their husbands are the same or worse-I am thankful for the good traits and don't dwell on the other... I get all my attention from Dolly!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 AM   #580

Jeanne - I know. The Driving scares me to death! In KS he can get his permit at 14, but we are not allowing it right now. Permit only allows him to drive with us in the car and during daytime hours, but I am simply not ready for that! We will wait till summer and see how we feel then!

Michelle - T is having 4 friends over to play video games all night. He wanted a Cookie Cake from a local cookie shop and he wants the Pizza Hut Box deal for dinner. Easy enough. Plus, with the Xbox and computer, we probably won't see them unless they come up to eat!

You guys are too funny! I must admit, Dennis spoils me and I LOVE IT! I hope he doesn't change from the way he is! Where we were this weekend, we talked about renewing our vows in 4 years for our 20th anniversary! If we did that we would pay for our families to come and stay and make a big event weekend out of it. Problem it, in 4 years T will be 18 and Haven will be 15. Not sure either of them would go for that....
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #581

Yesterday was a perfect DD. I didn't feel like I could eat the desk or anything. It was a very nice change! Today, I will enjoy my Up Day!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

It is -30 F today. BRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Time for soup for lunch and a pot roast for supper. Even though I was born here...I still find this temp COLD.

Hope you guys are keeping warm.

Monica----I too would think 14 is too young to start driving. Is that a common starting age in the US? All over Canada you have to be at least 16.

Jeanne---How's the hip?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls--I am having good and bad days with the hip--so I really think it will get better-thanks for asking--I think now the weather changing is affecting it!! must be old age-and I am really trying hard not to cross my legs-it does affect it, it seems? and I don't feel comfortable crossing the left leg over the right-silly I know!

My grandtr can drive this summer when she is 16 1/2 by herself-she got her permit when she was 15 1/2 after drivers ed-that still seems early here but it hasn't changed in Indiana since I was that age-I didn't drive until I was 18 but I bought a car before I could drive it! my brother drove it before me!

I don't think I would ever let any child drive before 16--my youngest promptly went out and had two wrecks when he was 16..thankfully he hasn't had anymore and they were minimal but I was ready to strangle him! it's frightening to worry every night until they get home-I have the grey hair to prove it!

I am glad Dennis spoils you--I am sure it is mutual--I think it would be lovely to repeat your vows and bring all the family--and I bet Haven and Tristan would go along with it totally--they seem like great kids!

well--it's been a long day--took Mom to the doc-and then shopping and I have a sore back tonite-must have twisted it somehow? more aches and pains for this old body.

two weeks to Christmas! Bill just told me he is thinking about taking a vacation next week just to use it up--does not make me happy--I wanted to take a real vacation this fall--he will be off without pay over the holidays as they (his company) never pay for any holidays and they will not work Christmas eve and new years eve or the holiday so I really think that is enough to be off--I wanted him to save his vacation time until we could use it next year together and do something---grrrrr.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning--just saw on the news that Indiana ranks 41st in the states as the one of the unhealthiest among the 50th! not a good thing! I wish the lowfat ideation would go away and people would realize that carbs are the issue and that when they decreased the fat they increased the sugar! I see so many young people who spend all day on their electronics and never see the daylight--my stepgrandchildren are two! it breaks my heart that their parents don't seem to understand the necessity of making sure that they are involved in sports or extra-curricular activities--thankfully my boys were always signed up to do things and now my older son has their children in everything that they can possibly handle! It keeps them out of trouble for one thing plus adds to their overall experiences I think prior to going to college--I think it is so important to have experiences with a variety of people-not just their classmates!

just my opinion-lol--too early for that much thinking-lol!! lots to do today and then tomorrow a hair appt-how does my house get so messy with me gone just one day??
Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #585

Jeanne - how is your Mom doing? Does she drive around much on her own?? I am sorry your hip is still giving you trouble. That is no fun! We got a new mattress for our bed this week (or old one was 15 years old :blush: ) and my back is a bit sore from that. I love the mattress and I sleep great on it, it's just new so different! I come from a family of BAD BACKS. My Dad has had 3 back operations and my sister, at age 35 had 2 rods and 6 screws put on her spine! I try to be very careful with my back!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #586

Michelle- the KS driving laws are OLDER THAN DIRT! They have the 14 permit allowance for when the majority of KS was Farmers! Those farm kids need to be able to drive you know. Well, times have changed. I don't think he can drive on his own till he is 15 something and that would be to work/school and back home and not in the dark. Not sure how all that goes. WE won't be even thinking about a permit for him till late Spring/Summer. -30 is way too cold! It was 21* here this morning and that was plenty chilly for me!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #587

I have a SUPER busy day ahead of me. I get off work at 1:00 have to get Haven to the orthodontist. They are putting in her bottom braces! Then I have a TON of errands to do and I need to make dessert to take to T's work for tomorrow. They will celebrate his birthday with him. Plus we were asked to take a meal to a lady at church who just had knee surgery. I also want to get all the last minute stuff we will need for our trip.

So we will hit the orthodontist office, Walmart, HyVee and then Eileen's cookies to get my son the cookie cake he wanted for his party! Then home to make it all up! PLUS at work today they are switching out my computer!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like a real busy day for you Monica--I hope you have time to get all those errands done! I can't do anything without a list anymore! hope you are better than me! bottom braces! I thought I saw top braces already? they do them a lot different now than before don't they? they don't stay on as long and they are not as painful--my grandtr and grandson both have them-they don't seem to mind like my younger son did-we actually had to drive over an hour then each way to see the orthodontist--we have one in town now thankfully-

are you beginning to pack yet? I would be making lists--are you limited by the airlines on how much you can bring? I haven't flown for years so I am not aware of how much the restrictions and times have changed.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Monica---Good luck with all the errands.

Jeanne--- I agree with you on how kids these days get very little excercise. It's all about video games and texting these days. I also agree with needing lists. If it's not on my list it does not get done.Are you getting a new hair style tomorrow?????

Still freezing here. I'll have to just get use to it. It's going to be like this til MARCH!

I'm not talking too much about my food lately because it isn't good and like the old adage goes..."If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything"LOL
Old 12-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--I haven't been talking either--I usually just quit posting when I gain-but I am just hanging in there until the holiday is over and will just go with the flow until then-the hubs has his party Monday evening and I think we will try to go up to Indy maybe-so that is another hard time to stay the course-it's just not worth stressing about it now-I hope you know you have someone right by your side--and we will be there again after the holiday doing it together--hang in there my friend-we will soon get it right.

no new hairstyle-just letting it grow out a little from having it short-it will always be a short haircut-just a little longer.

Michelle--just saw this on another site and thought it pertained to us::: Destiny delayed does not mean Destiny denied!!!

Stay Encouraged--we are all in this together and I wouldn't want to do it with any other girls!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-12-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jeanne!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #592

Girls, I did NOT get all my errands done. I literally ran out of time AND I made 4 batches of cookies! I was tired last night when I finally went to bed. The ortho took over an hour, that didn't help. Now, they do the top braces first (typically on 6 months before the bottom ones go in). She now has braces everywhere. She is not happy! It hurt hurt hurt! She is eating just soft stuff. SHe's tough. Like I told her, by Sunday, she will feel much better!

I still have a few gift cards I need to get (for the guitar teacher, softball pitching coach, Sunday School teacher and the like). I made 1 batch of cookies for T to have at work today for his birthday. I spoke with the office manager there on Tuesday and she was all about them celebrating with him. I made his favorite Cookie/brownies (chocolate chip cookies and brownies all as a bar). We will take them there on our lunch break and they will wait for him to show up at 4:00 before they dive into them. As a thank you, we are also buying the office lunch on Tuesday. We are ordering Pizza Hut for them and I will take in a bunch of cookies for them to have with it. They have truly taken T in and treated him as their own. I am go thankful for that. They even invited him to their Christmas party this Saturday. It is at one of the fancy hotel/restaurants here in town. T was even perfectly willing to dress up...he even said we could get him some DRESS shoes! He never wears dress shoes! EVER
Old 12-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #593

I had a HUGE long list yesterday and I bought all the stuff I needed, just not the gift cards oh and the cash for my niece/nephew's christmas gifts. Oh well, we have Saturday afternoon/evening to get all that.

Food has been higher. I am just like you girls. I am not on my A GAME with my eating. I am up 2 pounds and honestly, I am thrilled with just 2 pounds. Hoping I can come down a couple before Saturday the 21st so I have a little more wiggle room while on the cruise. The food will be PLENTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I haven't started packing. I am a pack right before you leave kind of GAL! I will pack us all that morning before we fly out. I will do up all the laundry Friday night and into Saturday....then we will be good to go!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #594

I need to start a list to make sure I don't forget anything for any of us for the cruise! Making the list, now that is something I can do now!!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

make those lists Monica--I would have several probably--I even make them to go camping! I need my lists!! It sounds like you have a great start on getting it all done--hang in there-the big RELAX is just ahead!! I hope you have at least one margarita for me but I know you are a wine woman!!!

Too cute about T and his willingness to dress up--he really must enjoy where he works!!! that says a lot for him and the people he works with! I am sure they are going to enjoy their pizza party and homemade cookies!!! yummy yummy

well--I got my grey hair covered up again today-it was really more white around my ears-seemed to have really needed coloring before time actually... and got a trim so I am good if anybody wants to take me on a cruise I will be coiffed and colored!!! hint hint-lol!!! I am looking for a quiet Christmas since my younger son won't be home and I guess the hubs will be off maybe--who knows what he has planned? I doubt if I can get him to do any after Christmas sales--he hates shopping... I picked up a book--the CARS book for my youngest grandson today-so cute-it has the reading in the front and in the back it has a mat that you take out and then has all the little cars that were in the movie CARS to push along the mat! he will love it--he will be 3 next November and that is the age limit for the little cars-they are only about 1 1/2 inches--so I want to make sure it is safe and he is old enough--he loves CARS!!

I also picked up the POLAR EXPRESS movie--we have a place about 90 minutes from us that does the Polar Express Train around Christmas time for kids, grandparents, everyone-they encourage the kids to come in their pajamas--I have heard it is fabulous and it takes about an hour before they get to the North Pole and return--we tried to get tickets this year but they had sold out and I am planning on getting all of us tickets next year-he will be three and will be more likely to enjoy it and Santa I think? Check it out if you want Home | Rail Events, Inc.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #596
Major LCF Poster!

I checked out that link and the Polar Express things sounds terrific. It's too bad you couldn't get tickets. Hopefully you can get some for next year.

I hope T has a great work b.day and xmas party. He sounds so excited. And Monica only being 2 lbs up is cause to celebrate in my books. I hope the same for myself.(fingers crossed)
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #597

Jeanne - I love margarita's! I plan to enjoy a few of them too! I would galdly take you on the cruise, sounds like you are looking BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I LOVE that movie Jeanne. That and ELF are my favorite Christmas movies EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle - how goes it girl???

BIg plans for the weekend ladies???
Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Not too much happening here. This weekend the house will get the major cleaning. Just leaving a light cleaning for the 25th and the non-perishable grocery shop for the two diiners. I light to spread the shopping out in 2 visits so I don't have to lug too much at any one time.

I'm beginning to have my usual Christmas hum drums. But it gets a little easier to get thru every year that passes.

How are you and Jeanne doing?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

I just got off the phone with my youngest son Nate--he told me they might be down the Saturday before Christmas before they head out Sunday to Chicago--made me sooooo happy!! I didn't think I was going to get to see them again before Christmas-we had thought about trying to go up but then the hubs got sick and I don't want to spread sickness to the baby-so that got cancelled--and this weekend her mom is visiting-so that didn't leave any way we could do it-makes me super happy!

Michelle--hope you have your menu planned--I am sure you will get excited having to plan and prepare for two big dinners--having all that company will keep your spirits up and the excitement going--it's usually after the holiday that I feel the letdown! I think that is normal tho? I have lots of painting and things I want to get done here in the house after the holiday so I need to focus on doing those things after the holiday!

Monica-make those lists! Happy Birthday to T today--hope he has a wonderful day and wish him a great day from one of his cyber aunts!

need to work on some paperwork this afternoon-I procrastinate and it piles up--and piles up--need to sort thru and get it done and off my do list!

later girls-have a great weekend--it is supposed to rain here all day tomorrow
Old 12-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jeanne that is great news about your son Nate coming by. After yesterdays shootings in CT it feels even more important to be near family. What a horrific thing! Those parents must be devasted. I have nothing to complain about after that. And I will not dwell in self pity. My heart goes out to them. Take care ladies and hug your families for me. Have a magnificent day!