Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/177 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
good looking couple there Michelle--you and Marcel--it seems to fit--the two Ms! would look good carved into a tree! Michelle and Marcel into a heart--I am wierd today I know!

My pic is a couple of years old too--I have lots more wrinkles that appeared in the last year--sudden like--I need more moisturizer!!! not even moisturizer would help now I don't think lol!
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Michelle love that picture girl! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #33

Jeanne - your avi is amazingly beautiful! As I told you, LOVE the smile!

I sent out an email. It included Jeanne, Annita and Michelle. If you didn't get it, please let me know!!!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #34

It's FRIDAY ladies!!!!!!! All is good in the world when it is FRIDAY!

Softball all day for me tomorrow. Haven can't wait. She hasn't had a game since late JULY! WITHDRAWALS is what she is having. They will probably have her pitch and that makes me NERVOUS! It will be just her and me at the games. Dennis and Tristan have church stuff to do tomorrow and a music event in town T wants to go to! Divide and Conquer, sometimes it's what gets us through!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #35

Sunday is the start of Sunday school (I teach 4-6 grade) and Tristan has a LOL (Love our Lord) youth picnic to go to. The weather should be perfect. Sunny and 70's both day! BRING ON THIS FALL WEATHER, I love it!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #36

What is everyone else doing this weekend???
Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne--- Monica is right. That smile must light up a room. You look marvelous.

Monica-- Busy as usual. Where do you find the energy? How's T. leg?

This weekend is like every weekend around here. QUIET! There is a new farmers'/artisans market that will be on Saturday afternoon I would like to go to. Maybe I can get some nice handcrafted gifts for my nieces and nephews Christmas presents. I have no idea what to get kids these days that doesn't cost a fortune. I think gift cards are so impersonal, but it seems money is all they want. I don't mind so much for the older kids, but the 2 and 3 year old need actual gifts to open I think.

Weigh in is tomorrow and eventhough I have been eating great since Tuesday I still feel so bloated.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls--I think we are planning on power washing the house, sidewalks, anything else that gets in our way this weekend-we have 1 1/2 story with dormers and those things get green on the north side! its a job that the hub hates with a passion so it doesn't get done every year!

I have been back on plan two whole days now--feeling more in control but it sure has been difficult-Mom sent all the cake home yesterday she had left-german chocolate and a lemon bundt for the hubs to eat-he ate all the chocolate and a big hunk of the lemon-he eats a bunch! thankfully it will be out of here shortly! I had a piece of my coconut pie!

Sunday is supposed to be nice here too--we may try to go fishing-not sure about that yet.

Need to do some cleaning and straightening up--trying to declutter and take stuff to St. Vincent dePaul store--I thought about having a yard sale and nixed that idea--too much work--lol!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 09-07-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi to Everyone

Jeanne, love your picture!! That smile is great.

Michelle loved your picture also. You look wonderful. I like your hair.

And yes it is nice to put a face with a name. I tell you all I have tried several times to "Up load" a picture of me, or even my fur baby. I guess I don't know what I'm doing. Even one of my kids took 2 minutes to help me and couldn't figure it out. Anyone have any pointers??

DH is working this week-end. So I plan on cleaning and cooking. Oh boy.

Suppose to be cooler here tomorrow, only in the low 90's.

I agee w/Michelle, Monica where do you get the energy???

A
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Anna--I wish I could help you--I have to play with the avatar place and I tried all the codes yesterday on photobucket before I could get mine to work--not a computer person here-sorry!! I do well to do what I do-lol!!!

I have changed my avatar again--I am just not comfortable with a picture of me up there--I rarely let my picture be taken and I have few of them anywhere--too many years of hiding from the camera I guess--so now that I have been seen--I will retreat back to my cave and let something else be my avatar!

time to get busy again--later friends
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your input Jeanne

Quote:
--I am just not comfortable with a picture of me up there--I rarely let my picture be taken and I have few of them anywhere--too many years of hiding from the camera I guess--so now that I have been seen--I will retreat back to my cave and let something else be my avatar!
I totally agree/understand. I don't have many of me either, and I have this ??fear?? (not the right word) of putting myself out there on the internet.

Anyway we all have our reasons.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #42

Annita - you can email me the pictures and I can post them!!

Jeanne - darn you changed your avitar, it was a beautiful shot!!!

Michelle - good luck with the weigh in.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #43

As for energy, I go to bed early or at least try to and some days I drink a lot of Coke Zero
T's leg Has no tearing of the ligaments and the growth plate is not damaged. He has a severe sprain in his MCL ligament and has a lot of bone bruising. We are at the DR right now to get his brace to make sure it all heals properly.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #44

Shoot me now!!!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Wonderful news about Tristan--I was worried he had buggered up that knee---he is able to work another day at the vets--good for him and his possible career!! Bone bruising doesn't sound good tho-hope he feels better soon...

I am a night owl-and get to bed after the news usually--unless its one of those sleepless nites which I have been having lately--the blessing is I am retired and don't really worry about being alert during the day--I can drag butt with my duties now!!

Had a big plate of nachos--made chips with low carb tortillas--they got kind of stale after putting the makings on them but I scarfed them down anyway--I have been having a shake for lunch trying to get some of this bloat off--sure does come back fast when you go off for a couple of weeks-I feel fat! and my jeans are tight! hoping to drop some of this fat with ketosis soon--usually takes me 4 days-of course I don't do induction--I just start in with whatever-including my coconut pie--have to have something sweet or I wouldn't make it

Last edited by jbatchelor; 09-07-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne Keep on Girl.........I made a cheesecake to help me out this week. Think I'll make another one tomorrow. I'm the only who eats on it......but hey if it keeps you on plan. And you know you will feel better in a few days. I still can't thank you enough for that story on 60 minutes about evil sugar. I have bk marked it and watched it several times.

Thanks for the offer of help Monica. But I managed to get one of their avi's on, so I'm making progress! Doesn't help that the computer I use is about 8 - 10 yrs old. Really.

Oh yes, Jeanne do you use any certain LC cookbooks? Your stuff always sounds good.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Crazy day from Hades. Ended up not eating all day until dinner time. So I guess I fasted for 24 hours. Hope it shows something for it tomorrow.

Scale down again today. I have only 1.6 lbs. to get back on track since the Sunday before the hurricane. Upset it is taking all week to lose the 4 lbs. I put on during the hurricane.

Weigh in: 217.8 lbs.
Goal for Thanksgiving: 200 lbs. No, let's make it: 199 (onederland!)

Menu:

2 eggs, 2T. cream, 1 T. butter, 1 hamburger patty, 1 slice of cheese

707 calories; Fat 76%; Protein 23%; Carbs: 1%
Sodium intake: 660 mg.

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

way to go Cathy--you are doing great getting back to business--those cheats are killers on the scale numbers!

Anna--I have both of the " friends" cookbooks-I really haven't made of whole lot out of them yet tho--I really like Linda Sue's site-and I follow the recipe and help site here at LCF--lots of recipes there--so I am always looking for recipes it seems when I need something new to cook-I have lots printed out that I keep if it is good--so I try to go thru those and go back to them if I need-I do a lot of cooking--the hubs is a big eater--he is a big guy -250 lb-but thin-not fair--anyway-I seem to always be in the kitchen trying out something! ok-need to get back outside--powerwashing continues!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Cathy. I know how you feel a cheat takes a few hours and puts on 4 lbs that will take weeks to get rid of.ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR! But you're on the right course now.

Jeanne--- Enjoy powerwashing.

As for me....the water weight came off. 8.6 lbs to be exact. Now it's time to move FAT. I want that BMI to show right in the middle of healthy weight. No more of this overweight business. Have a great Saturday all and keep losing!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo Michelle--I am soooo happy for you girl--that is awesome--gives you the incentive to continue--I am on day 4 and feeling good--so I want to thank you for helping me to continue you--thanks a huge incentive for me--wow again--keep it going--someday we will learn not to cheat--I went for 5 plus months without a cheat--so I am hoping to do that again and make it a life style and not even consider carbs in my life!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jeanne you are too sweet.

It is a beautiful fall day here. I think we'll take the dogs for a walk and then we have to go cell phone shopping, our contract is up. I hope they still have plain old phones. Hubs and I don't know how to text nor do we want to. No internet for us either, the plainer the better.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Goal for September: 210 lbs.

9/3/2012 - 220.6 lbs.
9/4/2012 - 220.4 lbs.
9/5/2012 - 219.6 lbs.
9/6/2012 - 218.6 lbs.
9/7/2012 - 217.8 lbs.
9/8/2012 - 215.0 lbs.
9/9/2012 - 214.4 lbs.

Lost all the weight gain from the storm and then a little more. Hope this keeps up. Still didn't like how it took all week to come off. Won't plan on eating off for a LONG time as if I had planned this last week.
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

WTG Cathy!!!

WTG Michelle !!!

And WTG Jeanne, 4/5 days of clean eating, sure makes you feel better.

Hope all had a good week-end. Mine was way to busy for me......

I had crack slaw for supper, everyone else ate egg rolls with rice. I really wanted the rice, but I didn't.

Later,
Anna
Old 09-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Oh, how did the cell phone shopping go Michelle? Me and my hubs are the same way. He does have texting, and uses it maybe 10x a month. (Usually our kids).....anyway.

We have a hard time finding plain phones. I'm using one now that is over 5 yrs old. I need a new one. Soon......
Old 09-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

well-it has taken me forever to get on here--I am having computer issues-I called the provider saturday and they promised to call me back--they didn't--I think the issue is my modem-but I am not sure-can't connect when my computer says I am connected-and now it is slower than dial-up--I am so frustrated trying to get to one program and moving from one window to another--it just stalls and quits--I hope a new modem fixes the issue-I rent the modem with the service--my son usually works on my computer but he is working out of town all week so no luck there--so if I don't return for a few-you will know why

I am the same way with phones-the hubs and I both have flip phones here--no smart phones--my phone is real old-I don't know how to text! never have and probably never will unless I have to. I have been told the old phones are able to be purchased used since the hubs broke his once and was told that.. he found one he liked that still didn't have all that other stuff and didn't have to buy a used one.. well-it's 4am-another sleepless nite-I am having alot of those lately--I thought maybe the computer would work better during the early hours--no such luck

I do think I would like a smart phone if I was traveling --it would be wonderful then--however-someone will need to teach me how to use it--but I think it would be handy and safe for on the road... so after the hubs retires and we attempt to travel and see some of the country--I will definitely attempt to learn the ropes --the son and his whole family have I- phones and they love them..
Old 09-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

How was everyone's week-end?? I'm up a little.......to much good food. Planning on sticking to the plan, no sugar (or high carbs) and it will be ok.

Good luck w/the computer issues Jeanne. I have problems, but as I said eariler our computer is old. I always get the hand me downs, as the kids got lab tops I got their old one.

I'm running late, so will try to check you all later.

Marvelous Monday everyone.....
Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #57

Jeanne - the good thing about the bruising for T is that it will heal on it's own. Your nachos sound awesome!

Annita - like the avi. That definitely describes me! I agree with Jeanne, love Linda Sue's website. TONS of great recipes there.

Michelle - way to get rid of all that bloat! WAY TO GO! Do they have the "track" type phones there? Here at AT&T we were able to get Haven a track phone, just plain, nothing fancy, for $60 and then we just added it to our family plan. IF she loses it or breaks it, we cancel, no contract applies to her plain ole phone!

Cathy - way to get that all off! You are doing great!

Monica -Come see my journey!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #58

Anna - at least CRACK SLAW is AWESOME!!!

Jeanne - Have you tried rebooting your modem?? Unplug it and restart it. Sometimes the modems get jumbled and the reboot clears that all out. Try it and let me know. I have had an Iphone for 5 years and now, I couldn't LIVE without it. BEST INVENTION EVER! It is really user friendly, so if you decide to upgrade, it is the one I would suggest. Even my DAD has one!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #59

Annita - I too had a little too much food over the weekend. Nothing awful, just a little higher than I wanted. Must work on doing better at that.

We were super busy this weekend. Friday night we baked 2 batches of cupcakes, 1 large batch of brownies, 1 oreo cheese cake and banana nut bread. This was all of the Church fundraiser on Saturday. Dennis was in charge of the meal. It was pulled pork, baked beans, salad and then the desserts.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #60

Saturday, I woke at 5:45 a.m. and Haven and I were out the door by 7:00 for Softball. We made it back to Lawrence at 6:45 p.m. so just shy of 12 hours for softball. She had 4 games and pitched in one of them. It was fun. We immediately went to the church for the fundraiser meal. We helped serve and clean up....MAN was I tired when we finally got home at 9:45.