Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 05:36 AM   #541
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Haven had asked a bunch of questions about the cruise, so I called Carnival yesterday and asked what would be different about a cruise that had Christmas in the middle of it. Here is what they said:

- there will be oversized Christmas trees, wreaths,
lights, mistletoe, fake fireplaces, large comfy sofas and other tons of lavish traditional decorations.
- each stateroom will have seasonal music available.
- The kids in Camp Carnival (kids club) will make ornaments and decorate the Christmas trees.
- a visit from Santa
- guests and staff strolling around the ship singing Christmas carols.
- popular Christmas movies shown in the staterooms.
- Holiday menus for dinner (turkey, pie)
- and if you want to go to church that day, a clergyman may be available on board, or you can ask the front desk for local churches in the area that you can attend.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Oh my God Monica that cruise sounds so fantastic. I know you and your family will enjoy it so much. Is it the first time you go away for Christmas?

I feel so bad when I eat any wheat products that I probably am sensitive to gluten, but even though it bothers me so, I can't seem to stop eating it. It really does control me and not the other way round.

Jeanne---How is your hip today? Thanks for asking about Sadie. She is doing very well thank you. As for getting my sgopping done.... I cheated this year. I bought my three older neices and nephew a goodie and am giving them cash to go with it. The two youngest I just bought age appropriate and cost effective ( cheaper) toys. And that's all I have to buy for. I wish I could stop buying for our oldest neice. She is 20 years old and I think enough is enough since there is no receprication on her part. I feel she is an adult now and all other adults don't exchange gifts. My rant for the day.

I wish I could say I ate well yesterday, but sadly I cheated agian. Maybe today or tomorrow will be the day. LOL

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
I don't think I would be buying for a niece who was 20 years old unless she was disabled or something--is the girl not on her own and working? I think that is just silly unless she is totally unable to support herself and needs assistance--I agree -time to cut the cord!

It has been easy to do the cash thing for my grandtr too--she will be 16 in January--she has wanted money the last several years so she can make a shopping trip after the holiday--so that is what she gets-I usually get her a piece of jewelry just to have her open something so she gets a surprise..

I am thinking I have bursitis in my hip brought on by the trauma of the fall-it seemed to get better a few days after the fall and now has gotten worse so I think that it could be inflamed now from bursitis--I have been trying to not cross my leg and did apply some icy hot the last two nites when going to bed-I will try icing it also to see if that improves the achiness.. sure is no fun getting old!

Tomorrow I have lunch with one of my friends and we are going to try to plan an outing to a Christmas craft fair for the following weekend-so much better than cleaning house!!

Monica--the cruise sounds amazing--and romantic too!!! I think it will be a wonderful time for all of you!! when do you leave?

cya tomorrow girls

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #544

Michelle - I ALWAYS give my neice/nephew money. They are in college and MONEY is what they really want. I also buy them something to unwrap too. This year I got the neice a cute stylish hat and tech gloves to go with it. The nephew Dennis bought for. He got him a flash light thing and a tool. Then I will give them $40. They are 22 and 20. I will continue buying for them as they are the only neice/nephew I have and their Mom/Dad still buys tons of stuff for my kids. That makes a huge difference on my part too.

As for the eating....chalk it up to TIS THE SEASON girl! Goal, make today a good day!

Jeanne - I LOVE Christmas Craft Shows! BONUS you get lunch with the friend to plan going to it! I hope your hip gets better. Did you look up bursitis on the internet to see if there are suggestions there that will help with the pain???

Our cruise, we fly out on 12/22 at 7:30 p.m. we are staying in Miami right on the beach that night. We thought it was a better idea to fly out the day before just incase WEATHER is an issue! Then our cruise starts on 12/23. We take off at 4:00 p.m. Sunday. Monday 12/24 we are at a day at sea. I think they have tons of Christmas Eve type things going on. Then Tuesday 12/25, we are in Cozumel. We have a private snorkeling adventure planned. We will return to the boat around 3:00 and I think we have a formal dining event that evening. Wednesday 12/26, we are in Belize. In Belize we have a private Mayan Ruins tour planned. THursday 12/27, we are in Roatan where we will have a private snorkeling adventure planned. Friday 12/28, we are in Grand Cayman Islands. We have a private tour in a catamaran where we will snorkel at 2 scenic spots and visit Stingray city to feed the Stingray! Saturday 12/29 is another at sea day and then Sunday 12/30...we fly home. I think we arrive in Kansas City at 6:00 p.m.

We are all so excited we can hardly stand it!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

What a dream vacation! I will have to live vicariuosly through you. That type of trip is well beyond our means. We will sure miss you here and will be thinking of you fondly when it is -30 here in Winterpeg.

Jeanne I am so worried about you. I wish I could help. Should you be getting it checked out by someone? Please take care!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #546

Michelle - we have been saving up for this trip for 2 years. We started a vacation savings account. $50 goes into it each week. Dennis and I plan to keep putting that in each week....see where else we can go!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

I hope these pics work. It is my tree during the day and Sadie (red head) and Ben (the ham).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCFN0014.jpg (35.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DCFN0012.jpg (31.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DCFN0010.JPG (80.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #548

OH how cute is that???? Love your new AVI and the Tree pic!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-thanks for the pics--your tree is beautiful--and so are Sadie and Ben-they are just precious--Sadie really doesn't look elderly at all--she has been well-loved--I see Christmas dog toys!! Dolly has already gotten hers too!! she has one favorite toy which is a snowman that has been washed in the washer for the last several years and it is the one she sleeps with-I keep hoping it lasts another wash each time I wash it--she loves it so much-I keep trying to find another one each Christmas season and have never found one but I always get her a Christmas toy!! it is odd how some dogs love their toys-she has always liked toys but the Airedale we had prior to her didn't care for toys at all.. Dolly has a box full!

Monica--such an awesome itinerary! did I spell that right? all that snorkeling would be awesome-have you got underwater cameras? I hope so...I did that once years ago and the fish are unbelievable.. I would like to go on a cruise with family like that-it just sounds perfect--your children will have memories of a lifetime-they are just the perfect age I think to really enjoy this trip...I will miss you from here but smile every time thinking about the time you are having. What are you taking to wear? especially for the formal evening?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #550

Jessie, our dog doesn't care for toys at all either!!

I have a couple outfits from previous years business Christmas parties and I got a new dress to take too. I think there are two formal evenings. I am guessing one of them will be Christmas evening . I have already warned both kids that I will want them to eat with us that night. Carnival has such great activities for the kids that last cruise we had to bribe them to eat with us in the evening . Lol!!! We have been planning this so long I truly fear the let down that will happen once it s done.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Take lots of pics-I am so anxious to share the trip with you--I think I am just as excited for you--I think the memories you make will sustain any let down after the trip-just focus on the memories--I think it is natural after the holidays to have a little of that-it's over feeling-whether home or on a cruise? I always seem to the day after Christmas or so. Two dress up nites-how fun is that! I think just seeing what everyone is wearing on formal nites would be fun too-I love people watching! what ship are you going on?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #552

You are right, for me, January is the utmost WORST month of the year. It drags and tends to be cold, dark, dreary. Hopefully we have a Jan full of SUNSHINE and such. We are sailing on the Carnival Glory. It is just coming out of dry dock as they totally renovated it! Glory is the ship we went on when we took our Spring Break Cruise back 2 years ago.

Jeanne - how's the DH? How's your HIP?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #553

Forgot to post pics from the weekend:

My entire family.

my Mom, ME, and Janice (like a 2nd Mom to me)

My sister and I dancing, singing kareoke after everyone had left the party. I'm in my PJ's!

Tristan with my Mom, having fun with picture props

more wig fun
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #554

I actually tried on a bunch of my "dressy" clothes and Dennis and I found 4 dressy outfits we are both taking with us on the cruise. Some for formal dining, maybe some for night out on the boat? They have bars/clubs you can go to and dance. Might be fun!?!?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #555

Yesterday's DD ended up really good. The morning I struggled, but I think it had to do with all the FOOD I was ordering for our Customer baskets. I swear, seeing the BBQ on the screen just about did me in!!!!!!!!

It's FRIDAY-EVE, weekend plans ladies???

This weekend is Dennis and my weekend away. It's our Christmas gift to each other. We are heading to Hermann MO by ourselves! We have tickets for a wine trails tour. We can visit 7 Wineries, I think. We are staying at a really nice bed and breakfast. We head out tomorrow after work, dropping the kids off at my parents then we will return Sunday. Should be really fun!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like a romantic weekend ahead--woohoo--it really does sound lovely! have a great time--and trying on clothes for the cruise is a great way to get those engines revved up for this weekend! drink some wine for me!!

My friend and I went to Mexican yesterday for lunch-I had a taco salad and did eat the shell-but felt like I still stayed on plan all day-but was up 2 pounds today--grrr! I must have had too much salt or something--it is so depressing--but I will just keep staying the course!

going to turn up the Christmas carols and get some cleaning done-have a great day ladies

love the pics--you all are coordinated-wearing pink--It looks like a fun time-I see the resemblance in all of you! you are a good looking fun bunch of people--love the wigs too!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-06-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #557

Jeanne - her Party was Pink/Black themed and Mom wanted to take a group shot of us for her Christmas cards. Pink/Black made it easy for all of us. What I didn't count on is it being 70*+ that day, so my son wore his RED/BLACK shorts!!!!! GRRRRR I should have noticed that and made him change for the pic!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great weekend Monica. You and Dennis so deserve it with all thaqt you do.
Jeanne don't fret the taco shell. That will melt off by tomorrow.

I might do some xmas baking this weekend and on Sunday we are going to the Festival of Trees and Lights. It's the place I won that fully decorated xmas tree from last year. Maybe I'll be lucky again. If not I will still have seen some really well decorated tress and wreaths and gingerbread houses. It is so festive.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #559

Michelle - you all have a bunch of snow up there????
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Not too much. 6" to a foot I guess. We had a lot more but a warm spell melted quite a bit.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #561

well then, it appears you all are having this freak warm-ish type weather too!

It's FRIDAY Ladies! I am so thankful. Our alarm has gone off more days than I care to think this week. Typically Dennis or I wake around 4:45 so we turn it off. NOT the case this week AND we went to bed early last night. Each and everyone one of us in the house were in bed asleep before 9:00 last night. I guess the shorter, darker days are taking their toll!

Have a great weekend girls!!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #562
Major LCF Poster!

Have a wonderful, romantic weekend Monica.

I guess it's just you and me Jeanne. What shall we do?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #563

Hey I'm still here. We are working a full day today! Don't push me away!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #564

Ok we are on the road to Hermann. I'll check in on Sunday!!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

I am out to the craft fair with my friend tomorrow early-so I will try to check in later but maybe not depending on how late we get back!!! keep the light on Michelle--I will be back!!

I have picked up the hubs bug I think but nothing keeps me from going out with my friends!! I am willing the heebies jeebies away!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

I'll miss my girlfriends this weekend! Have fun ladies! I hope your bug doesn't bother you today Jeanne.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #567

Oh Jeanne, sorry you aren't feeling the best. Enjoy the craft show!!!

Michelle anything Going on up there ??
Old 12-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies--the craft show was great!! I was really surprised with it being at a little town in an elementary school but it was a huge turnout and CROWDED!!! I want to go again next year for sure--they had some lovely things-beautiful wreaths and decorations for the holiday--I could go nuts and buy stuff I really don't need--but I ended up buying one bracelet -and my friend Sharon bought a basket-we weren't big shoppers--I almost bought a homemade maple rolling pin-it was gorgeous and without the handles-it was gone when we went back-I really don't know how well they do for not sticking and I really don't bake pies anymore- so I am not too sad I missed it.. It would just be stuck in a drawer..

I loved being out in the crowds for the season-made me more aware of the holiday-I did have a mug of chili with beans while out--there wasn't much else except loaded carb things to eat-so that was my choice-I am not regretting the day at all--it was great! I fell asleep on the couch last nite while watching a movie-I was pooped!

Feeling much better today-I think that positive attitude against the heebies worked! the hubs is still coughing and not feeling well--I think he is re-infecting himself! the son is supposed to come over today and work on getting my printer back to working and he is sick also-I don't stand a chance!

Are you headed home Monica?

Michelle--what have you been doing this weekend--thanks for keeping the light on!!

Going to make some broccoli cheese soup I think for dinner--sounds good anyway.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you had fun Jeanne. Aren't craft shows the best. There are so many talented people out there. With all the baking I have done I have never made a pie. But I would want the rolling pin too. I love going out with the people too. It really does seem to spread the spirit.
I went to the Festival of Trees and Lights today. Crossing my fingers that I win a tree again this year. I know wishful thinking.
I have not been eating well, but mentally I feel good. That must count for something, right?
How was the romantic weekend Monica?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--I ate off plan last nite and today too--I have made up my mind to just make the best of what I can between now and the first of the year-too many parties and things coming up that I know will be hard to deal with lowcarb-so I am just giving myself the ok I guess to hit it hard after the holidays are over and the new year begins--my friend I went with yesterday actually belongs to TOPS and I am thinking about joining the first of the year just to give me the additional incentive to get the weight off knowing I have to get weighed every Monday! at least I am thinking about it!

Hope you win a tree again too--that would be awesome! crossing my fingers for you!