Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH now I want to make that recipe. We used to make it all the time when I was LC! YUM-Alicious!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #512

When is your VEGAN gathering and then the traditional Gathering?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Thanks for posting that recipe Monica--there are times my computer skills are just nil! which is most of the time!! I truly love LindaSue's site-and all the pictures--this site and her site has gotten me thru most of my weight loss!

the sun is shining brightly here-supposed to be a wonderful, warm day! well up into the high 50s anyway! I will take it!! I got the Polaris all loaded up yesterday with trash--it was full of boxes from the babies birthday and his Christmas gifts too as we went ahead and ended up giving him his birthday gifts so we could see his enjoy them this weekend--so lots of trash -anyway--the battery was dead-last nite the hubs had to go to the store and pick up another and charge it so I am ready to go today! it is hard to believe how we have become dependent on that Polaris! we ride it around here everywhere. I imagine we would be better off walking but we are spoiled--even Dolly thinks she needs to ride every time she hears it start up!

we had a deer roast last evening for dinner--I choked it down but I just can't really enjoy it-I put bbq sauce on mine and it still didn't get rid of the taste or maybe it is just the feeling that I am not eating beef? I didn't eat much and there is a lot of leftovers! not looking forward to this evening! need to disguise it somehow-yukky.. I can eat it if it is in salami but that is about it or jerky.

back later
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #514

can you put it in some sort of casserole to mask the flavor?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

since it is already cooked-I am not sure about trying to mask the flavors-I really need to figure out how to cook venison and make it good without tasting the wild in it--I know people say it is good-I am just not one of them!! the hubs cooked this and I am going to have to learn how to season the roasts-he butchered the last deer with several roasts just so I can cook them--oh joy--I really wanted more salami because I can tolerate that really well when it turns out good-but I know he was thinking about helping our grocery bill--the son and dil are cooking theirs using it tenderized and flouring it like cubed steaks..

It is something I never really wanted to make myself eat-but I am figuring I might try it this year if I can figure out how to make it edible! still a work in progress-the only good thing--if it get thrown out--I am not concerned about throwing out an expensive piece of meat!

Michelle--how goes it today????

I got the trash burnt finally today--yipppe--love my new battery--I am a woman of simple pleasures obviously!!! missed my wheels yesterday!! Dolly did too!! she jumped up there several times wanting to know why we weren't moving!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne--- I could never eat deer meat. I just keep thinking it was Bambi or Rudolph and then I gag if I try it. It's a stupid mental block I know. If I can eat cow I should be able to eat any meat right? Your Polaris sounds like fun. It is funny how we can get attached to our toys. I can see Dollie sitting there and enjoying the ride. Oh a dogs life.

Monica--- My regular dinner is for Marcel's family of 14 on the 25th.
My vegetarian dinner is on the 26th for my brother and his partner. Marcel is a devoted meatatarian so he will eat the leftovers of the big xmas meal from the night before. I can eat veggie or meat so no matter what I'm covered, but if I make a pasta based dish then I'm out. I am thinking of making a veggie lasagna, but with only one layer of noodles and the other layers roasted veggie and sliced zuchinni.

As for the treats I brought into the house.....milk chocolate truffles and honey sesame almonds. I wish I could just stop at one or two or a small handful, but I just keep eating til they're gone. I guess that's why I'm here and struggling. Oh well.You girls have told me to take it easy on myself and I will, but still keep a watchful eye out. Well I'm done at work now so I think I'll skip out early. I still need to take pictures of the house and post them. Maybe sneek a doggy picture in there to. However, Sadie does NOT allow her pic to be taken. Talk to you later all.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

too bad --I was hoping to catch a pic of that Sadie girl--I had another fall from grace again too today Michelle--just couldn't bare to eat that deer again tonite so I suggested we go to the amish buffet-I am totally at fault for bringing me down tonite-it wasn't pretty-I had done so well getting back to business after thanksgiving--but I will be back to business once again tomorrow-don't know why I keep thinking I can do this to myself?

Michelle-I think we have the same carb addiction!!! just look forward --what's done is done-keep working and never give up is the key!

I just need to be better prepared-I am not spending enough time maybe? need to work on that

Yes-Dolly thinks that Polaris doesn't go without her in it!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-29-2012 at 08:08 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #518

Michelle I completely understand! I have an EXCELLENT crock pot lasagna recipe. It uses spinach and zuccini instead of noodles. My entire family loves it. The kids RAVE about it too and my son would NEVER EVER consider eating spinach OR zuccini...but this he laps up and asks for more. Would you like that recipe???

Michelle I do not have the ability to stop at just 1 of any kind of treat. If I make cookies, they call my name in the house till I have eaten them all! Cookies, candy, you name it! Once I ate so much cake I was literally SICK! Why would anyone do something like that??? So I completely understand! It is the hand we have been dealt, we just have to figure out ways to cope with it!

would love to see your decor AND the doggies!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 11-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #519

Jeanne - dust off the crumbs and move forward. You are right, never look back! I don't blame you. I do not eat any game meat at all. Deer, rabit, NONE of it! I have no desire! Thankfully, Dennis is not a hunter and feels the same as I do about game meat! I think my kids love deer sausage and jerky, but I can't even do that!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #520

It's FRIDAY LADIES!!!! I am so thankful. I have gone to bed before 9:00 all this week. I think I am finally feeling better. I still have a headache, but my nose seems clear and I seem to be over the hump! YEAH! Tonight we are cleaning house and prepping food. Tomorrow we are heading to my sister's house (she lives 2 hours away). She is throwing a 40th birthday bash for herself. We are taking guac, 7 layer dip, chips, sausage, cheese and crackers. We also made "redneck wine glasses" to give to everyone that attends. They are really cute. Dennis and Haven made Puppy Chow to fill the glasses.

We will come home Sunday and I am hosting the youth groups Christmas party. I think we are having manwich and BBQ Chicken sliders, various chips/dips and cheese ball. I also have M&M's and other Christmas candies. We will make Christmas cards for the troops and have a white elephant gift exchange. It should be a lot of fun!

Then I will need the week to REST from my busy (but FUN) weekend!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

I would love that crock pot lasagna recipe. Please and thank you.

Aren't the three of us a perfect match. I know that is not helping us lose any weight, but it sure makes me feel better that I'm not the only one with these eating problems. I use to feel overweight and alone. Now I'm still overweight but I have friends that understand and I'm not alone and depressed anymore. Thank you Jeanne and Monica!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #522

Love having you all to talk to as well!!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #523

Crockpot Lasagna

1 lb. hamburger
1 jar pizza sauce
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp parsley
1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 8-10″ long)
3 cups fresh spinach
2 cups cottage cheese
3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Brown hamburger in skillet and drain. Wipe 6 quart crockpot with oil. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce in bottom of crockpot. Spread 1/2 of hamburger over the sauce. Stir remaining pizza sauce into hamburger. Layer zucchini and then spinach over hamburger. Top with 1/2 of the cottage cheese, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 c. of Mozzarella cheese. Top with 1/2 of hamburger mixture, spreading evenly. Then top with veggies and remaining cottage cheese. Sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle Parmesan on top. Cook on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. Let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Makes 8 servings.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #524

I should add, I always double the MEAT in this. We sometimes use Hamburger, but more often use ground turkey. OH and I never do this in the crockpot. That takes way more planning than I typically can muster, so I put it in a 9X13 pan and cook it at 350* for around 25-30 minutes!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for the recipe-I wish I had a program that works to copy it in--My wordpad has crapped out-and Microsoft word I don't have-it expired years ago--I need a new program to copy into--any free ones out there that you guys have experience in that I could download? keep in mind my computer knowledge!! that recipe sounds delish!! I love zucchini lasagna--the last time I did it I sliced the zucchini on a mandeline and used them long ways like regular lasagna noodles--I learned to precook them in the microwave for awhile until they release their water--and then the lasagna stays fairly dry--but using a shredded zucchini I can see where you could actually squeeze out the water if there was any? plus easier and less steps!!!

going to be 68 here tomorrow--a great day for outdoor decorating!! I will be getting that done and maybe even mowing--I never did do that last mowing of the season so I might do that since it will be sooooo nice!! or fishing--if the wind dies down I might even do some fishing!! sounds good to me!!

Yes Michelle we are all peas in the same ole pod--I had that sick over ate feeling all nite long--I really made good use of my time off plan--I always do--I act like there is no tomorrow-even the hubs commented on my acting like I would never eat again--just total bingeing--I ate so much that food doesn't even sound good today--I have had coffee today and nothing else--Need to find something to eat besides deer tonite-he can have that and I will fix myself something else--I just can't eat it...

Monica--I have seen those redneck glasses--too cute for a party--have a great weekend-sounds like a fun time
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #526

Squeezing the water out after shredding is a good idea...it's one we often forget to do, so ours is a bit more soupy, if you know what I mean!

I'll post pics on Monday of the party! Should be a lot of fun!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

just checking in--spent time at Mom's today--did her decorating for her and then we went to the cemetery and put the topper on Dad's monument..she isn't able to do much decorating anymore-and I don't won't her to attempt even a step stool so she waits on me to decorate --she doesn't do too much but she has beautiful things on her doors and mailbox.

well-the hubs is sick with a bad cold--not sure he got that from the son or picked it up at work--he is coughing his head off-I am hoping I don't pick it up and just trying to stay far from him--almost impossible to do with him sitting next to me and sleeping next to me!!

it got up to 60 here today but remains windy--I did get some outside decorated here also but will probably do more tomorrow if it doesn't rain which it is supposed to do-I am still trying to get back in gear-I popped an orange slice into my mouth at Mom's before I realized it--and walked thru the house then remembered I couldn't have it so I spit it out before I bit into it--hard sometimes to have food totally at the forefront in your mind-lol!!

hope everyone is having a great weekend--will be back when I can

Jeanne
Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you don't catch anything Jeanne. Is the hubs doing better today? Your 60 deg. temps sounds ok to me for decorating.What all do you do? I also don't think you need to worry about an orange slice. You are way to hard on yourself.

I know I'm headed for disaster today. My hubs wants to out out for brunch at our favorite place. We haven't been there in years and I have to have their french toast and chocoalte eclairs. He never asks to go out, so I can't deny him this. And I can't deny myself my favorites or I'll feel deprieved and that will be worse. Unfortuneately I have to say I'll start again tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-you said the magic word--French toast--I can't turn that down either--so if you haven't been there if years I would say that you deserve to go there enjoy your time there--please don't deprive yourself of the enjoyment with your husband--tomorrow comes all too soon and you will always have time to restart the diet but we don't know how long we have to enjoy our time with our loved ones-so restart the woe tomorrow but enjoy your time today--and relish and don't regret it either--I have come to give myself the ability to enjoy and not regret those small failures I think--as long as we catch ourselves--you don't fall off the wagon near as much as I do lately---we will hit it hard after the holidays for sure!!!

French toast--on my mind now for sure!!! I am not used to eclairs--but I love a cream-filled iced long john--I am thinking it must be close???? I used to buy a half dozen and eat them all!!! oh the shame! I still could actually!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #530

OH Michelle, how was Brunch???? Thankfully, for me, Celiac helps with that stuff. No where out to eat do they offer up any yummy Gluten Free type breakfast items! How was it? What all did you have??? Maybe trying to maintain through end of year would be a good plan???

Jeanne - how's dh feeling?? I am still a little congested. Still headache, but I think the weather is more to blame. 64* when we woke this a.m. and to get to 74* today...DECEMBER 3RD??? What the heck???

We had a great weekend, but man am I tired! Friday night we hung out, DH and Tristan started to get cold-type symptoms. Thankfully, theirs wasn't near as extreme as mine. I got Groceries and we prepped food for my sisters party and for our Church Youth group party. Saturday I cleaned the bathrooms in the a.m. and then we headed to my sisters. We prepped for the party and then enjoyed the event. We stayed up way too late. Once the party goers left, we (Dennis, T, Haven, my sister and her husband and myself) played with the Karoke machine till after midnight. We sang and danced and LAUGHED! it was fun. Then I woke way too early Sunday! We left and got home and started prepping stuff for the Youth Group party. I had the kids make cards for the troops (we got 60 cards done!). Then we ate. We served machwich and shredded BBQ chicken sliders. I had a couple cheese balls with crackers and chips with dip available. Then we had M&M's and puppy chow for dessert. The white elephant exchange was fun too! I think they all loved it.

Now it's Monday and I wish I had gotten more sleep ! LOL Hoping to go to bed early tonight!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

The brunch was great even though I felt horrible after. I can't eat that crap anymore, but yet I still love it and want it. The french toast with warm maple syrup was fantastic and the bread pudding was mouth watreing delish. But the tummy ache after was one of the worst I had. I kept thinking to myself....will you remember this next time and just say no and I said to myself NO. I love the taste of that stuff and the memories it has more than anything. What ya goin do?

How you feeling today Jeanne?
And Monica...you always have such a busy life. You are so organized and giving of yourself. I wish I could be more like you.

Well I hope today is an on plan day, just because I feel bloated and ucky and I'd like to feel better before I fall off the wagon again.(up 3 more lbs)

Later gals.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls--the hubs went to work today-I am surprised after the weekend he had-poor baby coughed and hacked and sneezed and spread germs all over the place--I sprayed Lysol all weekend to try and save myself!! I hope it worked!

I am having some issues with my hip where I fell over Thanksgiving--I keep thinking the deep soreness will leave but I keep finding myself rubbing and kind of noticing I have a deep continuous ache there-I am hoping I didn't crack my hip-I don't think there is anything to be done about that but it will cause issues I am sure as I get older if I did--I may end of getting a xray to be sure if the soreness does't leave before too long--the bruising is still very noticeable--so I need to give it more time

cleaning and laundry today--need to do some shopping too but doubt if that happens

have a good one

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-03-2012 at 07:48 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne--- I sure hope there is nothing cracked. I pray a little more healing time is all you need.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

I was the same way Michelle after Thanksgiving--miserable but now that I am back on the woe several days--those feelings are gone and I would be totally swayed again! I love carbs--I just need to find good enough recipes to replace those things I miss to keep me going on the woe--I know they are out there and I have found several good things I like--just need to keep baking and have things on hand rather than falling off that cliff!

back to cleaning

I think I gained 5 the last time--I make a pig of myself!

need to see the 150s before Christmas

I am like Michelle Monica--totally in awe of all you do and accomplish--I don't think I could do it--or want to do at my age but I admire you and your family for all you do for others---you make me proud to know you!!!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-03-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #535

You guys are too kind! I don't do anything amazing. Just living life. I am proud to know both of you!!!!!!!

Michelle - My tummy growled just hearing about your yummy brunch! I so LOVE carby breakfast foods! Totally worth it to me, now if they were all just GF!

Jeanne- don't let it fester too long. It's best to go get it checked out. I hate to think you are still moving around and in PAIN!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #536

OH and an FYI, eating the entire weekend was DONE! I haven't gotten on the scale, but I don't need to to know I am UP a few pounds!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Just finished all my Christmas shopping. Now just have to worry about cleaning the house and cooking 2 big meals. Well I still have lots of time for that.

Monica--- How did you find out you couldn't have gluten?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #538

I was very sick for about 2 years. They removed my gall bladder and fixed a hiatal hernia thinking that would help. Neither did . Then I read an article describing a little known condition called Celiac. It described me to a T!!! In January 2006 I gave up gluten and now I only feel that way if I accidentally ingest it. Truly my life is much better without it!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!

sorry you had to suffer and go thru a surgery to find out you have Celiac disease--going gluten free has helped so many people who have suffered and I think it is going to become more and more common--our little world of Walmart has its little section now so I know that it must be more common for that to happen--we don't even carry almond flour yet!!!

I think working on our health is the key that binds us to making this work--each in our own way.

Michelle--I am envious of you having all your shopping done!! I usually have way more done than this year for some reason--I just couldn't pull it together--but I will--actually hoping to find some of those last minute gifts maybe? How is Sadie doing?

cya tomorrow ladies.

Last edited by jbatchelor; 12-03-2012 at 06:50 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #540

Amazon was my shopping friend for Christmas gifts. I Amazon so much!

Good morning ladies. I made it through my DD yesterday but MAN did I struggle. I kept it around 700c so I will call that good. So ready for today being an up day! I started reading a new book series last night. I am hoping I really love it! It's called the Uglies. I think there are 4 in the series. Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras are the 4 books. So far, I am loving it. It was compared to Hunger Games....and I know I certainly loved that series. I also read Divergent and Insurgent (another series compared to Hunger Games). So I went up to bed at 7:40 and read till around 8:30 then I went to sleep. Good answer for a tough DD!