Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/170.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
I am just checking in briefly too--it has been a whirlwind so far--I had an accident yesterday--slipped and fell hard on a plastic race track--I hit the hardwood floor dead center on my hip-I am thin when it comes to my butt so I didn't have much to pad it--I think the world shook! of course I am bruised and limping some--I thought I broke it... hard to keep me down..the race track is a little worse for wear! but it lived! the grands all laughed of course!

I am ready for another challenge too--I am like you Michelle--hoping that the next challenge is THE ONE! I actually got right back on plan the next day after Thanksgiving--even with the cake still here and cheesecake available too--it has been hard not having the cake and the goodies tho--but I had trouble buttoning my jeans-always a sign to get back in gear!! so I have been doing well getting back to business--however the days before the holiday and the holiday I am sure did a number on my weight--still haven't been on the scale and will not until a few days go by--I am not wanting to depress myself...

I have been enjoying the time with the baby--he is one bundle of enery-total non-stop--I couldn't do it fulltime-He never wears down I don't think-I am just worn out and I really am exhausted--I went to bed before 9 last nite and slept to 8 this morning--unheard of for me!! I never go to bed before 11--so it just shows how I am not used to this type of exhaustion--but loving it at the same time!!

be back when time permits
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/185/182.4/165
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Oh Jeanne I sure hope you are OK. Any fall can be so painful. The next few days will tell.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:27 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

good morning girls-thanks for the concern Michelle--I am black and bruised and very sore deep in the hip-I am really tender-wearing my jeans even hurts--but it will get better I am sure!

I did weigh this morning--I am back in ketosis which is a good thing-I have been really strict with myself since Thanksgiving--It usually takes me 4 good days so seeing the sticks purple already this morning has been a welcome surprise! I am thankful that I didn't hop on the scale earlier this weekend when my jeans were not buttoning well-I can only imagine the number that would have greeted me--it would not have been pretty-I am not surprised at this number-162.5-- I will go back and read where I was when we started--I have never started a thread before-hope somebody does one-I want to continue with our group...and a new challenge-I have to do better-can't do worse can I? I at least will keep trying as long as I am here.

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-26-2012 at 04:28 AM..
Old 11-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

And I am back--I started this challenge at 165--so I did lose 2.5--at least I didn't gain--but it is not a good total for 11 weeks--I will do better and try to get to goal for Christmas--promise to myself and I will try to stay in ketosis and keep my body feeling better!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #485
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - a LOSS is a LOSS! So sorry to hear about your fall. Glad you didn't break anything and were still able to enjoy every minute of the Grandkids! 11 hours sleep! YOU GO GIRL! I was in bed asleep at 8:00 last night. I was TIRED! I woke at 1:00 a.m. to a RAW throat. Hopefully it is a minor quick cold. It's a busy time of the year, no time for sickness! As if anytime is a time for sick!

Michelle - how goes it girl? Did you get all the decorations up? I bet it all looks great!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #486
Big Yapper!!!!

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving weekend. I think we were all SAD leaving my parents house at 8:00 p.m. Saturday night. It was good to get home, sleep in my own bed! I woke early Sunday (6:45 a.m.) didn't have to do Sunday School, so instead DH and I got the grocery shopping done. MAN, 7:15 on Sunday morning is the TIME to be there. We had the place to ourselves! We went to church and then after lunch, the kids and I went and spent time at a friends house. The Mom and I went to see Breaking Dawn (yes again for me).

Much needed Down day for me! I ate, didn't count and am not feeling guilty about any of it. My throat is feeling a bit better after meds....hopefully this is short lived! My head is a bit fuzzy, so I think it is just a simple cold! PRAY that no one else gets it. I hope to keep my germs to myself!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #487
Big Yapper!!!!

Do we want to just post here till after the Christmas Holiday?? Is that lame??? It doesn't really matter to me! I am up for anything.

My goal though, through end of year is NO GAIN! Maintenance is all I want!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Feel better Monica--drink lots of fluids and stay warm today--I love those wonderful weekends where you hate them to end!! sounds like you had a great one!

I am taking it easy today-or is that lazy??? I think it is lazy--I am fine with posting here until Christmas or the New Year even-I just want to get to goal by New Years.. that is my goal!

I just heard from the surgeon--they are unable to get my hernia surgery scheduled in the month of December! I waited too late to start working on it apparently--and now my insurance changes the first of the year and a 6500 deductible starts--so I just cancelled totally--I think I will just wait now until I reach 65 and see if can go on Medicare with a supplement and hopefully that will be more affordable to me then? it may not be any better by then--I have a deductible of 3500 now but I thought I could handle that better than the 6500 coming up--I had met approx. 500 of it--so much for thinking I could do this now.. this gives me more time to be in a healthier place right?

I guess we have lost all our other peeps? no one has checked in for awhile.

Monica--don't you love grocery shopping when the store is quiet with hardly no people there??? I love being able to look at take your time! Nice quality time with the hubs too.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #489
Big Yapper!!!!

IS there any other DR that could perform the procedure? I think I would inquire, push them to help you find someone! If you only have $500 to meet deductible, NOW is the time to do it girl!

Well, I won't say I looked around at the grocery store, more like shoveled what was needed in and got the H ELL out of there! I hate that place!

How are you feeling girl?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

No I have met only 500 of a 3500 deductible--so I would still have to come up with the 3000 but that still looked good compared with the 6500 deductible--but since it really is an elective surgery--I am ok with just postponing it--I have put it off this long--what is another year and a few months? I have totally been a lazy butt today--I did get dressed this morning but have straightened up a few things-but not much else-I decided to treat myself to a day of zilch!

I will have to cook tomorrow and I need some more fat bombs! it looks like snow here-we are supposed to have some possible snow showers--that would be nice to put me in the spirit...

are you feeling any better? how is that throat? I used to use that spray that numbs the throat-it is red--the name escapes me-nothing new! worked pretty well--the lozenges didn't really work and made my tongue numb is all.---chloraseptic spray--it comes back slowly sometimes!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #491
Senior LCF Member

I'm happy writing in here too.

Monica---How are you feeling? I am so happy you had a great weekend. Now you get to look forward to your cruise.

Jeanne--How's the hip? Sorry to hear about your hernia surgery. That deductible is more than I could afford. At least here stuff like that is all covered by the government through our tax system. Only if it is cosmetic like a face lift or boob job would we have to pay for it. And even then if you had a mastectomy due to cancer you can have reconstructive surgery for free too. Our system is far from perfect, but there are many, many perks.

My house is all decorated and this morning I sat with my dogs in front of the tree and held them tight. I love any Christmas tree.

I would love to lose 5 more lbs before xmas...we'll see.

I seem to be rambling....I' m tired for some reason. I think I'll go to bed early and weigh in tomorrow morning and start this challenge right. Have a good night my friends.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #492
Big Yapper!!!!

Michelle - I am feeling a bit better although it has moved from my chest/throat into my head. I feel all plugged up. Take a few meds and it seems to help. If this is all my cold is going to be, I will take it. Fully able to function, no problem at all!

Jeanne - how's the hip? You deserve a day of just hanging out. I did that last night. Well I cooked dinner (cheesey crack slaw) and did laundry. But I was in my sweats and just vegging. Made DH take Tristan to guitar and thankfully, it wasn't my turn to take the girls to volleyball. YEAH! I watched 2 hours of Private Practice!

Yesterday was a good DD. I have already fueled up this morning with ham/eggs and toast. YUM! This morning for our walk it was only 10*!!! I was bundled up like the Michilen MAN! LOL Honestly, I was bundled up enough I didn't notice. There was also NO WIND, that makes all the difference!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

OK woke up feeling more refreshed than yesterday. Hopefully that's a good sign for today. I weighed in and am officially starting this challenge at 175.2 and loosely hope to see 169 before xmas so when I put 5 or so lbs on at xmas I won't go over 180. Does that make sense?

How are you feeling today Monica?
Jeanne, how's your bruises?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

We are -14 c which is just below 10. What part of Kansas ae you in?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls--looks like we are all in it to stay the course for Christmas!! it was hard last nite as the hubs had ice cream and I didn't have any lowcarb ice cream --I always have some when he eats his--I made it thru it tho--barely!!! I love that peanut caramel brickle ice cream-but its sooooo rich-no wonder I am fat! I doubt if I can lose to my goal by Christmas--but I really would love to be there-I would also plan to eat off plan probably that day-but since it is at the dil and son's house-I don't think I would be in too much trouble? If I could get that much weight off it would be a great help tho ---need to try--

Monica--that cold weather is probably coming our way-I haven't seen the weather I don't believe-need to watch at noon-I am going to do some decorating today and laundry

Michelle-I hope you share you tree and a picture of the furbabies too--I would love that-I so enjoyed seeing your tree last year

feel better Monica!

My hip is still very tender-black and blue-but I am walking ok--I am babying it for sure!
thanks for asking
Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #496
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
We are -14 c which is just below 10. What part of Kansas ae you in?
Lawrence KS, just west of Kansas City. So we are on the far East side of KS.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #497
Big Yapper!!!!

It is cold here today. At Noon only 31*, but they say by Sunday, possibly 70*! CRAZY WEATHER! No wonder I am sick!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Monica --on the map you seem to be almost due south from Winnipeg. You seem to have some crazy weather there.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #499
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, that could be. The motto here in KS is , If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.

This morning was 20* high today supposed to be 54*, then tomorrow 65* for the high! No wonder we are all sick!

I had a good up day yesterday. Did anyone see the PINS that JCPenny was giving out for Thanksgiving? Well my Dad, Dennis and T went there last Friday. We got 6 pins. With those 6 pins we won 3 $10 certificates and 2 $5 certificates. Last night Haven and I went to JCPenny to buy gifts for one of the family memebers that our church has adopted. We chose the 3 year old girl. Because of this $40 I had , I got her 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, a little princess plastic wagon, princess lego type blocks and a dora toy guitar that makes noise and lights up. I got ALL of that stuff for $12! Now, I had to go to multiple registers and check out 5 different times, but no one there seemed to mind! PLUS I got 12 more pins! I felt empowered and I feel great that this little girl will have a BUNCH of gifts to open up for Christmas . Then we went to Kohls and I finished up the gift from Haven for Dennis! Once Haven and I got home, we wrapped it all and Dennis will take the gifts for the girl to Church tonight!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #500
Big Yapper!!!!

SO far of the pins we got from JCPenny, we have only won $15. I have 4 more pins to enter my codes for and will do that later today!

At Kohls I used my $30 Kohls cash and got 4 more drink glasses (really heavy Bobby Flay nice ones that Dennis wanted) and a travel coffee type mug for $9! The glasses were $8.16 a piece. I bought 4 last Friday and knew I could use my Kohl's cash to buy the remaining 4 I needed PLUS I had a 20% off coupon!

I felt like a bargain shopping QUEEN! Haven and I had so much fun! I love times like that! Don't you guys. Haven kept bragging to Dennis how well we did at JCPenny. She was my "partner in crime"! She would hold our purchases while I walk up to yet another register! As if JCPenny cares!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #501
Big Yapper!!!!

My cold is still there. My head is kind of pounding...I am doped up on advil/cold/sinus and in addition I took an Excedrin! I should be flying HIGH soon!!!

It's Wednesday, is it too early to talk plans for the weekend???
Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

I love hearing about your shopping adventures--I am living thru you when you shop with Haven I think--I so miss having a daughter to things with like that---but I am having fun shopping with you!!! so very nice about adopting a child and making her Christmas so wonderful--we used to have a k-mart that did that-but it went out several years ago and no one seems committed--we do have shop with a cop-they do a big day for disadvantaged kids in the community--we need more organizations to do more and more it seems instead of helping so much overseas all the time--I have always said we need to help our own people first.

what a shopper you are Monica--I am not a great shopper like that-I could learn from you I am sure--its from not having good stores to go to easily and no easy access maybe? I love nice glasses--glad you added to the collection--I am always looking at good sets--I just changed my kitchen and now have a plum colored set that no longer works--I love them but hate to dispose of them--time to pitch them right? a set of 12 too!

Nothing big planned for the weekend-just same ole same ole at this point! I imagine the hubs will hunt-but not sure since last weekend was spent with the hunt stuff!

Have you tried a nettie pot? they work pretty good for cleaning out the head stuff if you are full--use distilled water tho--not tap water-I haven't used one but know others who swear by them for stopped up sinus etc

back later--cold today here too

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-28-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #503
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - this is called the "mitten tree" at our church. Someone cuts out mittens and writes the family # and the child's gender and age. They note items needed and we go from there. T and Haven love picking out a mitten each for us to buy for. This time, there weren't many kids, so we just took the clothes mitten and toy mitten for the same girl. Then we are buying a grocery gift card for another family. It is a fun way to have the kids feel like they are helping others. I feel that is extremely important for them to learn that there are others that are less fortunate!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #504
Big Yapper!!!!

Jeanne - the glasses I got were the shorter type ones. They are the size Dennis likes to mix adult beverages in. We entertain often and he is always complaining about the glasses he uses for it. We looked at these (together) and he loved them...hated the price. The way I see it, I have gotten all 8 for about about $25 or $30 and now he won't fret about serving up drinks anymore!

I use a nettie pot daily. It is the reason I don't get 2++ sinus infections a year. I used to get sick all the time but the Nettie pot sure did fix that. So far, this isn't an infection. When I blow my nose, it is very clear! SORRY IF that's TMI!!!

Last edited by zipp2play; 11-28-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

I think you got a good deal for good glasses--when you both like them too!! that's important for those adult drinks!!

glad the nettie pot is working-I hope you get better soon and get rid of that nasty cold--I haven't had a cold in a couple of years--knock on wood!! I hope it stays that way! hate being sick tho-it just is no fun-especially when you have to get out and work too...

it looks like we have lost all our other people--too bad--we are just such a good group-they are missing out on our good humor and our home spun stories---and No Monica--never too much info for our group--we wait with bated breath for these posts!!

I am going to burn trash --how is that for exciting---lol!! my life is soooo boring!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #506
Big Yapper!!!!

Send those flames this way Jeanne - I am freezing my A$$ off here!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #507
Senior LCF Member

I agree Jeanne we are a great group, a caring, understanding group. I'm glad we met.

Monica --- How did you get all that stuff for $12 That's amazing!

I have started this challenge poorly. I went shopping yesterday and today to get things for xmas and couldn't resist some treats for the house. I promised myself I wasn't going to open anything until we had company, but I broke that promise. I knew this challenge was going to be weak for me...I didn't know I would cave so fast. I'll try harder tomorrow.

This weekend I hope to finalize my two xmas dinner menus and get that off my back. One will be a traditional turkey and trmmings dinner and the other has to be vegetarian. The vegetarian one is the dinner that scares me.Got any vegetarian dinner ideas?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

what kind of treats for the house did you get Michelle? inquiring minds want to know!! it is the season for giving--to yourself too you know!!! you are way too hard on yourself my friend!! you only go around once in this life--enjoy it and relish in the little things.. I try to remind myself often and I hope I remember. I think I buy one little item each year for Christmas to add to my decorations--even tho I don't need anything else!!

I love cauliflower--I love that cheesy cauliflower dish -I think it is Linda Sues--I will be back when I find it

I can't seem to get the link to paste-but it is Linda sues site--it is called better than stuffed baked potatoes-- I have made it several times-it is a good side dish for sure--for vegetarians I would think? you can use twice the amount of cauliflower and it will still work out ok--there is plenty of cheese sauce in the recipe..

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-28-2012 at 09:38 PM..
Old 11-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #509
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree with Jeanne - you ARE way to hard on yourself. When I followed LC, during the holidays I made sure to have plenty of Sugar Free goodies around. Maybe get a few packages of those will help??? Vegan meal? How VEGAN are they? Spagetti is a good option without meat and loaded with veggies. When I was LC and we had that, I just skipped the noodles. I used to love broc/cauli smothered in sauce and meat! Of coarse for your event you could just do it without the meat. Does the person do cheese?

OH and I agree with Jeanne, the cauli/potato casserole is the bomb. Here's the recipe:

JUST LIKE STUFFED BAKED POTATOES
16 ounce package frozen cauliflower
8 ounce cream cheese, softened
8 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 pieces bacon, chopped and fried until crisp
Paprika, optional

Cook the cauliflower until soft, about 8-10 minutes; drain very well and break up the florets a bit with a spoon. It's also very good if you leave the cauliflower a little chunky. Put in a greased 8 x 8" baking pan or a 2-quart casserole. Mix in the cream cheese, cheddar, green onion, salt, pepper and bacon. Dust the top with paprika, if desired. Bake at 350║ for 20-40 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Or, microwave, loosely covered, for about 40 minutes on 50% power, turning the dish after 20 minutes.

Makes 6 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 324 Calories; 27g Fat; 15g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

It tastes just as good without the BACON!

Last edited by zipp2play; 11-29-2012 at 05:48 AM..
Old 11-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #510
Big Yapper!!!!

Linda Sue also has a full section on meatless main dishes. Might look there too?