Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - I love that story about your rescue dog. That dog was truly blessed to have you! Don't clean too much girl. DUST comes back the day after you get rid of it!

Michelle - how was your weekend girl!

Anna - sorry the job didn't go as you hoped, but I am so glad you quit. If it wasn't right, no reason to stick around. As for the sugar, move on girl! It's stress!!! Hop back on and you will be fine! Does this mean you will post more often??? DEAR FRIEND!!!!

It made my day to come here and see Anna posted too! The movie was AMAZING! The ending was totally different from the book and I actually liked the MOVIE ending better! Haven and I watched Twilight (the first movie) and Breaking Dawn part 1 (the 4th movie) before going to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 (final movie). I didn't see all of the ones we watched at home as I was helping move stuff and such. This weekend we moved our spare bed up into T's room. It actually looks really great and he loves it! We also got out all of our Christmas stuff and then put T's twin bed frame up in the attic.
Yesterday Haven and I went to a ceramics holiday party after church. It was fun, even though I don't have a crafty bone in my body! Haven and others helped me complete my 2 ceramic items! Haven made a Happy Birthday plate for my sister (she turns 40 on 12/13) and a water bowl for our dog Jessie. I made a Christmas plate with Santa pic on it (Stenciled of coarse) and a Christmas ball ornament! It was fun, but I won't be going back for several more years!

Thanksgiving week girls. I will weigh in tomorrow and call that my official ending balance for this challenge! This week is going to be crazy busy!

LOVE you all!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
good morning girls--I have magnetic dust--you are right--it comes right back-I have one of those ostrich dusters with a long handle--I swear by that thing for dusting altho I am not sure it really does what it is supposed to do-I think it just moves it around but it doesn't take long with that thing for a short woman-came from flylady.com--I keep thinking I should follow their website and I would be in charge of my house but I have never been that organized--lol.

I received an email this morning from the son-the baby is sick after his vaccines last week-has had terrible diarrhea-I am hoping he gets better before the holiday-would hate it if he doesn't make it down-would be heartbroken..

Monica-so glad you enjoyed the movie-I am thinking about restarting my netflx again for winter-I spend too much time outside in the summer so I stopped my subscription-I haven't seen any of that series-I would have to have them figured out to know which one is first, second, third- etc to know how to watch them even! we don't have a theater in our town so I don't go out of town to watch movies-I don't see well at nite driving anymore-or hear well in a theater either the last time I went.

I lost a couple of pounds last week-I think the fat bombs I made are working--but I am still not back to where I was--duh--and just in time to do Thanksgiving--I am just going to enjoy the day and family like I always do and not worry about the rest-I have the rest of the year to do that.. time to make memories with family is what I think holidays are about--and time to pull out my old aggravation game--I have my old game from 30 some years ago--I have had to tape up the box but I still have the old marbles even and wouldn't give anything for that old game-I always pull it out for the holiday!

back to cleaning and laundry--later girls--happy thanksgiving week--I am so thankful for all of you from dear cyber buds!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-19-2012 at 08:01 AM..
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Anna- Sorry about the job. I know a new, better one is right around the corner for you.

Monica--- Happy you liked the movie....sad you didn't like your crafting experience.

As for me...I gained another 4 lbs this week. I knew that box of crackers would do me in. I am so mad about it and all of it. I think I have to take a break from thinking and worrying about this for a week or so. I think if I keep obcessing about it ...it will drive me over the edge.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #454

OH Michelle, I did enjoy the craft time. It was spent with my daughter and my friends America/Justice and Michelle. I just SUCK at painting and such. I am an accountant through and through. Totallly analitical, NO creative stuff in me at all! NONE! It was still fun! You are right obsessing about it all won't help you any. Let it go! Enjoy life.

I totally forgot to mention. Saturday morning, I didn't even allow myself to LEAVE my room till I tackled cleaning my walk in closet. It's the place where all things small go to DIE in our house. It looks much better. We donated a large box of clothes to goodwill, I threw out a TON of junk and I now go into my closet and don't CRINGE! I also did some decluttering from my Son's room since we were rearranging it! Our trash can is completely FULL. That never happens with all the recycling we do! It is full this week!

Then Sunday morning before Church, DH and I got up and Baked! I made a batch of brownies, a cake, 12 cupcakes (GF) while he made the LC Apple Cheesecake and pumpkin bread/muffins! Had it all done before we left for church! I drew my BIL's Larry's name (and we are celebrating Christmas with my family Thursday since we are all on the cruise on Christmas). He loves Baked goods. I made him white cake with chocolate icing. I put them in 5 mini loaf pans so he can easily freeze and pull them out as he wishes. I also made the brownies for him. I put them in ziplocks 4 in each so he can freeze those too. The cupcakes Haven will decorate as turkey's for thanksgiving. The Cheesecake is for Thanksgiving as are the pumpkin bread/muffins.

Then after Haven and I finished up at ceramics, we all decorated the house for Christmas. It was a busy, fun, filled weekend! Now to just sit back and enjoy this coming weekend!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #455

Jeanne - those darn vaccinations can make them sick, but typically it goes away quickly! I hope that happens for you!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--sometimes I think we need to step back and put things in perspective-I don't think we need to let food control our entire lives and the same thing with the number on the scale--as long as we are healthy and relatively happy with our life we surely must not let stepping on the scale totally ruin our outlook for living--it is just not worth that-kwim? too much living to do otherwise I think--Maybe it's because I saw my sweet brother's life cut short when he had so much to live for and with a history of alzheimers in my family--I really don't want to waste any time needlessly ... I know I will gain over this holiday--I will eat what I cook --and I will do it without remorse for the most part--I will regret the number on the scale but also know that I enjoyed the holiday with my family and that is so much more important to me than not partaking of the meal--it is a choice that I am making and owning. I knew once I ordered that cake I was going to eat during this holiday--that is why I have been trying so hard to get a few pounds off before and I will try hard once again once the holiday is over---please don't be so hard on yourself--you have come so far and you are doing so well--this is just a bump in the road--I have had some major ones--it is just necessary to go over the bumps and keep going straight-never back--hugs
Old 11-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

wow--what a weekend for you and your family Monica--you guys are baking gurus!!! I want to be at your house during all that baking--it all sounds so good-yummy!!! I am a wannabe crafter--I would love to paint but can't draw a stick figure man--I envy talented people--I used to knit and crochet but haven't for years--I don't know where the time goes? I need to get back to that--the internet time takes up more time at nite-shame

I made some pumpkin flax muffins this morning--was going to make the cranberry relish but didn't have any cherry jello--so another thing to do wednesday-will be going to the surgeons office tomorrow-so nothing will be done then-lots to do wednesday--have to take the grandtr to a lawyers office to job shadow-she wants to be a lawyer she said--hope that really happens--she is young and that changes every few months!

well--need to decorate a few things--I brought all the halloween things inside--now to get them to the basement and some Christmas things brought up-I washed some bathroom curtains today and they are outside--it is just beautiful today--I wish this weather would last for awhile! is this Indian summer? I69 opens today--we have been waiting on this for along time--it crosses our back yard-hopefully it will bring jobs and industry to our part of Indiana--it is sorely needed!! it has been years in the making--supposed to eventually run from Mexico to canada--sure hope so--laters

I have flight of ideas--one subject to the next-lol--sorry I can't keep up with myself even

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-19-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #458

Haven's cupcakes

chocolate cupcake turkeys

The vases she made for the Thanksgiving table!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #459

I did my final weigh in for this challenge today and I am still at 166.8
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Starting weight is : 170.2
Weight by thanksgiving: 159.2

That is a lofty goal, but I am sticking with it!!!!!
Obviously it was too lofty!!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #461

I am still pleased with where I am! I need to get those last 8 pounds gone, but as I stated earlier, I am thinking that's a nice goal for 2013!

Will we be starting a new challenge after Thanksgiving girls??

Yesterday Haven had a bad day at school. Another boy threatened her with a pair of scissors. There was a sub in the room and I firmly believe that SUB planned to do NOTHING about it. I called the school as soon as Haven told me. I left a voice mail for the principal and Dennis left messages at the school and emailed the prinicipal. Had we not heard back from him, we planned to call the police. The boy had scissors in hand, Haven tried to pass by between the desk and he said, "I will Cut you!" as he showed his weapon.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #462

I made it crystal clear to all involved how upset I was about all this. When I called, Prinicpal wasn't available, they had the sub call me. Again, I firmly believe, had she not spoken with me, she had no intentions of writing up a report. I spoke in depth with the Principal last night. He assured me this would all be handled today. He is supposed to call me once he gets all the information. I will require him to tell me:

#1, how the sub was dealt with since she obviously saw this as "no big deal"
#2, what punishment the child will receive
#3, know that his parents/guardians were informed.

I am still HOT about this. I spoke indepth with Haven about it last night. Told her Dennis and I would accompany her into school if she felt unsafe at all. She said, since the principal said the boy would not be in class, that she would be fine!

I am anxious to see how this all pans out.

I didn't use any of that as an excuse to just EAT last night. It was a DD, so I had my small dinner and moved on. I spend the evening helping Haven (as needed) do the cupcakes and such! I think She feels ok about it all, I just want the BOY dealt with!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Monica that is some serious business. I sure hope the scholl does the right things. Bullying is such a hot topic up here in Canada right now. Is it a major concern down there too. I know here that child would be dealt with promptly and parents too.
How is Haven doing? By the way her cupcakes and vases are fantastic.

Is everyone busy getting ready for the big day? It's Thursday right?

I have finished the major pitching out of stuff at work now. I think I'll take a day or two to recover. I am not twenty anymore and my body keeps reminded me of that. Then it will be time to wash floors and shelves and such. Then I think we might do some painting to freshen things up a bit. It sure needs it. Hopefully it will all be done by xmas and then we can take a few days off to recover.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #464

Michelle, you won't recognize the place ! Sounds like you are really sprusing it up!

The boy got in-school suspension and the SUB has been told she handled things incorrectly. I think we feel good about how it was handled. I did find out more about the boy, he is not fully there mentally. I am NOT a firm believer in integration. I do believe there are kids that should always be separated from the rest. I think he gets now that what he did/said was wrong. Hopefully he has learned a valuable lesson!

Thursday is the day! We leave for my Mom's tomorrow afternoon. I am typing like mad here at work to, hopefully, be able to leave at noon tomorrow. :crossfingers: WE will stay at my mom's till Saturday. I think Friday morning us girls are going shopping. NO INSANE BLACK FRIDAY STUFF< just fun stuff.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #465

Jeanne- any word on your Grandson???
Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

good morning ladies

Monica--you are a mother bear protecting her cub!! you go girl--I would have done the same thing--what an ordeal!! glad the outcome was what it was-I wonder tho if it would have been that if you hadn't intervened? hmmm?

Loved the cupcakes and the vases--cute cute cute! Happy thanksgiving is written on her little face--I love that child!

I69 opened at 5pm Monday nite and we were driving down it Tuesday morning to Evansville--it was a weird experience-actually saw our neighbors house right next to the highway--glad our house wasn't the one that ended up that close! we have a good distance between us and the highway--it is odd seeing the lights of the cars go down the highway now where there used to be cattle feeding.

Michelle--girl you are working too hard--however if you are in a cleaning mood that continues--please come on down this way and I will be more than happy to let you stay with me for as long as you desire! I would love it actually! I really miss having a sister!

I didn't get a chance to talk to my son yesterday since I was on the road yesterday--actually didn't get home till last evening-the surgeon was running late and didn't get out of his office until 5pm our time and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home--it was a long day-then took mom home and unloaded all of her stuff--she was beat but held up pretty good--today she will be really beat--I will be taking grandtr and then coming home and starting to prep my dinner and some upstairs cleaning that I need to do. a busy day.

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-21-2012 at 02:58 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

feeling a little blue-Nate just called-he is home ill--said he feels like a Mack truck has run over him-he has the flu now-they won't be coming home for Thanksgiving after all--I understand but wish they weren't sick and having to stay home-he actually said they would try later this weekend if they started feeling better and I discouraged them from coming--I told him I didn't want him to bring anything to his grandmother at her age she couldn't fight anything off and I really don't want to get sick prior to having surgery either-I told him to stay home and when they feel better we will make a trip up to see them... I know there will be other holidays but will make sure it's not too long before I get baby time--I really thought I was going to have baby time while all the guys were hunting-oh well--might be time for a little Christmas music and some decorating instead!! I am not a black friday shopper--at all--I worry about that craziness and people getting hurt-don't want to be included-a bargain is just not worth that to me.

I have started making my cranberry relish-the jello part is in the refrigerator starting to set up and I have ground all the other things so one thing is almost ready to cross off the list! pea salad is next!

Monica--have you left for your mom's house already??? Have a great holiday---I think it's me and you Michelle left here???? holding down the fort! I will be checking in from time to time--back to prepping
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jeanne sorry to hear you won't get to see your son and his family. I know how much family means to you. Like you said nobody else needs to get sick though. How did your appointment go with the doc? Do you have a surgery date yet?

As for cleaning,...I love to do it, but you better not have too much attachment to stuff. I am a pitcher. I always have recycling, give away, and trash piles when I clean. My husband has learned to let go of stuff. He use to be quite the hoarder. It's the only way to get organized.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

that is just what I need a pitcher--I still have stuff in boxes from when we moved here--yikes and the hubs is even worse than me--when they have houses to tear down he brings home all kinds of stuff people leave behind--his barn is stuffed with crapola--literally--I do get a feeling of the hoarders when I am down there--I don't spend much time there--it's a huge place and it is full--so I wish he had some of the pitching ability--I am afraid we need to rent one of those trash trailers to throw scrap in for the summers--we could fill it for sure I think!

I keep thinking I will be better about getting rid of stuff-It hasn't happened yet! I am a work in progress... this is where I need that sister!!! I would make her come do alot of things with me--it's no fun alone with this type of stuff.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #470

Jeanne sorry about your son and his family. I am sure you are disappointed! That darn flu bug.

Michelle - Dennis is a pitcher too . If I haven't looked at something for a couple weeks, he'll suggest we toss it.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #471

We are in route to my Mom's right now. Christmas music playing for Dennis and I and the kids are watching a movie!!! I was reading a book till I decided to check in on my pals!!!

So are you all weighing in tomorrow ??
Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

have a safe trip--I am not weighing in--it will not be surprising but still not something I want to deal with for this holiday--I guess I am sticking my head in the sand? anyway--I will restart with a vengeance after the holiday--but will be enjoying the time with the family without any regrets..I will be doing Christmas music tomorrow while cooking-I bet they have started that on sirius by now!! I used to know a place on the computer where you could get music besides pandora--I can't remember it now-it was an easy music place for Christmas music...dang my memory

Happy Thanksgiving my Friends
Old 11-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

this is why I am not weighing in--we went to pick up the Italian Coconut Creme cake last nite at the Amish bakery--and of course we ate dinner while there at the buffet--it was a great way to start the holiday feast right? anyway--thought you might enjoy looking at the scenes of the amish area--we have several amish buffets in the area-it is a big amish community--all my cabinets in my home are made by the amish and almost all of the other pieces of furniture I have had made over the years have been made by the amish--they all work without electricity and do wonderful work.. this motel and restaurant is owned by non-amish however

Gasthof Amish Village Restaurant | Catering Buffets
Old 11-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope all of you enjoy your 4 Fs -Family, friends, football, and food.

I am setting up my tree and thinking of you.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

That Amish place looks amazing Jeanne. The temptations would over take me.

I think Monica told us about an online music site called accuradio.com
I hope that's what you're looking for.

Well I didn't lose the 15 lbs I wanted to but I did lose 7 . That's something.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--congrats on the weight loss--you and Monica have done well! I am hanging my head-not really-I am taking it all in stride knowing I am going to hit it hard once this weekend is over--I better anyway!!

I just talked to my son Nate--he is feeling better and really wants to come home so I think if he and the baby are feeling ok they will probably come home tomorrow--if today goes ok and no one has any fever--Nate is really wanting to hunt with his brother since he got a deer already--I am hoping that they can make it but I don't want them here ill either..

Michelle-the desserts at the Gastof are amazing--they have a really neat restaurant-my parents 50th anniversary was held there-it is just a nice place-lots of buildings with shops and antiques and flea markets in the summer-my grandtr actually races there on the grounds when they have local meets here--it is a huge complex and a big draw for tourists but remains very quaint and remote too.

Michelle--thanks for accuradio--that was it--I had totally forgotten since last year--my memory--thank goodness for yours! Hugs!!!! Christmas music!!!

back to cooking--later

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-22-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 11-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

good morning--it has been a sleepless nite-too much of everything I think--it was a good day and I just couldn't shut things down-so I have been up watching tv tonite--I did get a call from Nate-he and the family will be coming in sometime today--he is feeling better-the baby is still not quite back to perfect but I am hoping he will be fine by the time the weekend is over--I think Nate is determined to hunt! I will take the time with the family and hope we all don't pay later!

Michelle-did you get your tree up and decorated? I remember it being so pretty-and you enjoying the lights --I hope you share some pics with us again-I am not planning on doing a tree this year as Nate and his family will be headed to Chicago and we will be going to the Chris' house for Christmas--so I will do most of the decorating but without the tree.

well--I am sitting here drinking coffee waiting on the hubs to wake up--not sure what time he is planning to get out in the woods--we have had rain overnite and it is still windy-not good hunting weather--I prefer them hunting in dry conditions for safety reasons, but they will go I am sure anyway.

talk to you later
Old 11-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #478

Well girls, we left the house at 7:00 a.m. And returned home at 5:00 pm. We shopped all day. It was fun and by waiting till after 8:00 to get there (it's an hour drive) we missed the crowds completely!!! We didn't wait mite than 5-8 minutes to check out or anything!! It was so much fun.

Jeanne so glad your son and grandson are coming in!!! Glad you have decided to enjoy the holiday.

Michelle - how did the decorating go ???

Accuradio.com is an awesome online station!!

Happy thanksgiving all!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies.

Jeanne--How was your Thanksgiving meal? Oh that cake! Has your son and his family arrived yet? How's your mom doing?

Monica--- Sounds like you had lots of fun. I'm sure you guys had plenty of good food too. Now you have your cruise to look forward to.

I am up for a new challenge, I probably won't do well, but 't I love talking to you ladies everyday. And I know it has helped me from really ballooning up there. Who knows maybe this next challenge will be the one.LOL What do you ladies think?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #480

Do it to it!!! I'm game