Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - I can't even tell you the LAST time I cleaned our windows!! It's a DYING art, REALLY!!!!!!!! Keep in mind, with JUDDD you only count calories, no carb counting needed. That being said, I totally understand, but it might be the actual shake up your body needs!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Good afternoon ladies.

I have been very busy cleaning at work and I really needed to NOT spend time on the internet and actually get things done.

Jeanne -- I hope all goes well with the appointment. I have never had a hernia but it sure looks painful.

I will not bore you guys with the cheat that went on after I saw the gain this weekend, but at least I'll know why the numbers went up this week.

I would love to stay and chat, but I have to get back to work.
michelle204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Oh Michelle--I sure wish you hadn't done what I did--now you will just have to do what I am doing--work to get off those same pounds that you lost before--eating when we know it won't help the situation just doesn't make sense but we still do it don't we? I am a stress eater, plus a happy eater and a anytime eater--so you just have to call my name and I will be happy to eat! I am sure you are back on the woe now but we learn and learn and relearn each time that we gain nothing when we do this... just go forward and know I understand totally--hugs

This is my third day back on plan-feeling more in control-thankfully-however it will be a long before I will be back where I was scale wise--uggg--still a week to go before the holiday-so I am still working it!

have a great day ladies
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #424

Michelle, come back and chat when you can!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #425

Jeanne - back on plan! Well done!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Just found out my son and his family WILL be coming home for Thanksgiving--that means 5 days with the baby!!! I am excited to be knowing he will be here and I will have baby time--I am already exhausted knowing how I felt the last time they were home for 5 days--but I can rest up afterwards! I think Nate must have decided they weren't going to Chicago for both holidays--yippee!!

I will have lots of things going on now--the older grands love to play with the 2 year old-they are really good with him-the guys will all be hunting of course--hope its a good season while Nate is home.

The excitement is building for the holiday season now!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-14-2012 at 01:11 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #427

OH Jeanne, how exciting for you! I mean, I can only imagine the enormous pleasure you will feel with all gathered for the holiday! That is how life should be.

I have mentioned this before, but Dennis' Mom died back in April 1998. It was on Denis and my 1 year wedding anniversary and 2 weeks before we found out we were pregnant with Tristan. Tristan was born later that year in December. By December, Dennis Dad was already Living with this other gal. They ended up marrying in September of 1999 and are still together. She has 3 children and each of her children have 3 children and there are at least 4 great Grandchildren now. Ever since they got together, Dennis' Dad's side of the family has always taken a BACK SEAT! I do all I can to get us together for holiday's but often, with no luck. This year, I told Dennis, get with your Dad/Brother and ask if 11/25 works for Thanksgiving and if 12/16 works for Christmas (since we are gone for the cruise over the actual day). His Dad literally got back with Dennis and said, twice in such a short amount of time seems like too much. Let's just do 12/16.

I am now a parent. I can tell you, if Tristan were to call me and he and his family wanted to get together with us for Christmas and Thanksgiving...I would gladly/happily say, HECK YES when and how often. I will never state, twice in such a short amount of time seems a bit much! CAN YOU IMAGINE????

It is the life we have now with his family. When they got married, the wife said to me, Holidays are ALWAYS at my house and in the evening. IF you want to see us, you will have to come here. Now, why would we? Her HUGE family would be there and none of us know them??? Dennis Dad has 2 children and 4 grandchildren, THAT IS ALL! He has never made us/them a priority so we always coordinate with my family FIRST (which my MOm LOVES) and then attempt to get together with Dennis' Family.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html

Last edited by zipp2play; 11-14-2012 at 01:50 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #428

I am sure, when JR (his Dad) says stuff like that, Dennis' Mom ROLLS over in her grave. That is not at all how she approached things. Her main priority was always her son's and their family!

It is a lesson to me on how to handle my children when they are older...they are precious gifts that I will always want to spend as much time with as I can!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-that is just heartbreaking-I wish I could reach thru here and give you all a big hug!! You and Dennis are wonderful parents--I am sure that has been very hurtful for many years that Dennis' father and his new wife have reacted in a negative way regarding having a close relationship with your family--it is truly their loss.

Too bad Dennis' mother passed before getting to know her grandchildren--sounds like the wife he has now is not a nice person? maybe it is good not to spend two days there?
Just my opinion!

Jeanne
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #430

Jeanne - funny you say that about his Mom, we talk of her often to the kids and there is a picture of ME and HER that was taken that we keep out and look at regularly. We call her Grandma C (her name was Carolyn). Haven was just telling me this week that she dreamed of Grandma C and that C told Haven how proud she was of her. FREAKY, HUH????? I was very close to Carolyn when she was alive. We would go on full day shopping trips, we talked about just about everything and I laughed a lot when she was around. She was a dear friend and a large loss to us. Again, my children have never met her, but they know a LOT about her. She was an amazing WOMAN!

The new wife, she is OK at best. She is kind to my kids when we see them. She treats them well when they are around. I have learned that, that is good enough for me!! Obviously to me and Dennis, she is not the nicest, but face to face with my kids....she does well. OVer the years, I have learned a LOT of toleration for how people treat me, AS LONG as they treat my children well. (Does that make any sense???)
Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 AM   #431

OK, it's FRIDAY - EVE Girls! WOOHOO! I am soooo ready! Friday eve of the weekend before the Thanksgiving holiday! SO much fun is ahead of us next week. The kids only have school on Monday and Tuesday! They are thrilled about that. Tomorrow night Dennis and I are chaparoning a dance at T's school. T never, ever goes to the dances, but it is for the CPO (cougar parent organization) and I am part of that. After the dance we are having a bunch of people over for a late dinner and drink.

Saturday the boys (T and Dennis) are ringing the bells for Salvation army for our church from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Haven and are I heading to a dear friend of mine's house. We will be watching Breaking Dawn Chpt 1 and then heading to the theater to see Chpt 2, the final one of the Twilight series. We are very excited about that.

Sunday we have SS/Church then Haven and I are going to a Holiday Craft party. A friend of mine has rented the local Ceramics shop from 1 - 3. She is providing Food/Drink all while we can paint ceramics. I am NOT artistic at all, but HAVEN loves it. I will attempt to paint something....but Haven will do several Items I am sure.

While we are gone I think the boys are going to switch out our spare full size bed and put it in T's room. He currently has a twin and we bought a new mattress for our bed so our old mattress is going in the spare bedroom! T asked if we had a problem with him taking the old full one. So, they will work on that.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 AM   #432

Last weekend we bought a new couch and a new mattress. Dennis, on a whim, listed our old couch on Craig's list. Within 15 minutes he had a lady messaging him about it and she begged us NOT to sell it to anyone else. She picked it up after church on Sunday. So right now our living room has just 2 chairs and no couch! looks really funny! Not sure when the new one comes in, I think they said 2 weeks!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #433

Food on Up days have been good, probably a little on the high side. Today is a DD, shooting for 800c. We will see how that goes.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

be back later for more-headed out of town to the bmv--Mom wants to try the vision screening test again and hopes she will pass this time since she has had the laser correction--she is soooo vain--she refuses to go back to our local bmv--she was embarrassed when she failed the vision test and now we are headed to the next town to try it again--her birthday is Dec 9 so if she fails again-we will go to the optometrist to get stronger glasses-but they said she didn't need them after her laser correction--hoping for the best--she will be devastated without driving!! if you can spare some prayers-please send them her way--thanks girls!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #435

Prayers to her. I hope she passes. Let us know girl!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon Monica and Jeanne. It really seems that we are down to just the three of us. Which is perfectly fine too.

I think I am over my moping about this last weigh in . I only cheated on Sunday and Monday and I cheated with low carb crackers that I had brought in on my last LC order.Mind you it was ALOT of crackers. Other then that I have been good all week and working hard at cleaning up at work. Since business slowed down a few years ago I gave up on caring about work, but something snapped in me this weekend and said get off your A** and give a crap.So I have been giving work all my attention, cleaning and more cleaning. It feels good to have a sense of pride in something. I have no pride for myself, but at leaqst now our business doesn't look like a run down heck hole. Tomorrow I will even decorate it for Xmas and really spruce it up. That's what I've been up to.

Jeanne- Your mom has my prayers for her vision. I would hate to lose my licence.

Monica-- Enjoy your movie this weekend and that ceramics thing sounds fantastic. I would be all over that. Your MIL sounds like a piece of work, but you and Dennis have the right attitude. You can't linger over things like that. Life is too short.

Back to work.

See you later.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #437

Michelle - life is too short. Have pride in yourself too girl. LOOK at how far you have come??? You may not be at goal, but you aren't 262 pounds anymore either. Even if you were to never lose another pound....you are still MOUNTAINS from where you used to be!!!!! You could go to the ceramics thing with Haven then!!! I suck at any craft stuff. I have no artistic ability at ALL! 5+ years ago I discovered knotted fleese blankets and I made one for everyone. I think I made 20+ blankets all told. It's the most crafty thing I have ever done and all that was required of me was cutting and then knotting !!! LOVED IT!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #438

By the way Michelle, I meant to tell you, you must have rubbed off on me. I just spent an hour cleaning up our supply room this morning. I broke down all the boxes and Dennis took them all to recycling. I organized all the logs, b/l, file folders, UPS/FEDEX supplies, you name it. It looks amazing in there now.

NOW if I could just get motivated to do that to my CLOSET at home. In 2004 we remodeled our house and that meant they built me a walk in closet. Now it becomes the place where everything in our house goes to DIE! It makes me crazy walking in there every morning! Maybe this weekend will be the time I work on it. GOAL for Saturday!!!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

hey girls--mom passed by the hair of her chinny chin chin--she is soooo happy--I hope she is safe to drive? she really doesn't drive much at all--never at nite and only to the dollar general, the bank, and church-so not much-I usually take her to all doc appts and anywhere she needs to go-her car only has 20000 miles and its 10 years old so she has barely broken it in--so she is good for another 2 years--maybe she will be ready to quit by then? she will be 90--hard to even type that!! thanks for your prayers-she is a determined spirited woman-this would have broken her spirit for sure.

It is a shame we don't all live closer--we could spend a day working on each others clutter--once a week for each of us--I would need once a week for 10 years tho--mainly just for the sisterhood--well--all the clutter too--I am a clutter magnet! and it sure is hard to get rid of

Michelle--you didn't cheat if you only ate lowcarb crackers--if you knew what I ate during my binge- you would cringe-seriously--I binge when I binge-to the point on making sleep uncomfortable-that is horrible I know but true...sounds like you have caught the Christmas spirit already--decorating your business sounds wonderful--your pictures of your home before were beautiful--you are a great decorator!! please share again if you will--I am not sure I will decorate this year since I am probably going to have surgery-and my dil is having the dinner--so I may pass-I will do some wreaths-I already have a fresh one that I ordered from my grandtr--hopefully it will stay good thru the holiday?

well--I caved to demand--I ordered the Italian coconut cream cake from the amish bakery today--it's a 3 layer piece of heaven-there are some things that are just tradition I guess and that is one of them--I need to try to make that lowcarb someday--I doubt if its possible but I need to try-anyway--there will be enough people here to keep me from devouring the whole thing like I would like to do!!!

later girls--I think surely we still have a couple of people still here--Anna I hope will pop in for the holiday--sure do miss that girl!

Jeanne
Old 11-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Jeanne's Mom. That's great!

Just the name Italian coconut cream cake sounds wonderful. What's it all about?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

this looks like it --it has been on our menu for years-it is moist with lots of pecans in it and the cream cheese icing is full of nuts also--it is decadent--one of the things I have only bought for holidays--the amish bakery actually will only take so many orders and then they cut off--they also have their wonderful loaves of bread and all the pies in the cases--it is one of the places where the hubs loves to go the buffet--this one has its own bakery--its a tourist attraction actually with its own motel-so they do extremely well! they have several buildings with shops where different things are sold and of course the amish quilts are hanging everywhere! oops-I almost forgot to post the cake

Italian Coconut Cream Cake Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes
Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #442

Jeanne - glad your Mom passed the test. Do they think her vision will change much over the next couple years? Safety first. Dennis' Grandfather when they took his car away, he drove his riding lawnmower everywhere. He lived in a small town, THANK GOD. I'm not a pie or coconut person, so that, I could pass on.

Michelle - how goes it girl? I have been thinking of you a lot. Is it a normal week for you next week? I know you have already celebrated Thanksgiving. Just curious.

Tonight we are having friends over. I am excited! Tomorrow is my Twilight movie. Final Chapter, bitter sweet really. I read the books oh so many years ago. Back in the beginning, I was there at midnight the day it opened. Last time we even watched the 3 prior movies before we went to see the Breaking Dawn Chapter 1. I'm older now but Haven likes to go too. SO going at midnight on a school night isn't an option! Now on a Saturday, I can enjoy it with her! I Edward!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Monica-enjoy movie time-I will be getting ready for baby time and some preps and list making for turkey day--I do better when I make lists--my old age is showing! I figure the hubs will hunt this weekend-I think gun comes in--so pretty sure I will have a few hours alone--lol--I can turn the music on and clean away--I am probably going to do a little decorating-not much.. with a 2 year old around..

Michelle--did you ever make that chocolate dessert recipe that I gave you? It looked so good-I am already talking myself into behaving for the holiday! I have no willpower with that cake! I have still got several pounds on from the last few fallout days-need to stay good thru the holidays and behave!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Monica---Enjoy your movie and your time with friends. Next week is just plain ordinary around here. But I am looking forward to hearing about you and Jeanne dinner and family fun.

Jeanne-- No I never made the Nanaimo Bar yet. It is still on my list of things to try. I really want your Italian coconut cake though.

Marcel says we are putting up the tree this Sunday. I am super excited. I want to sit by my tree with my precious Sadie. She isn't doing too well and I'm sure she doesn't have too much longer. I called the vet today, he wasn't in but they say he will call me on Monday. I don't know if there is anything they can do for her, but I have to try.

I am avoiding the scale tomorrow. I can't face another dissappointing weigh in. Maybe I'll be braver next week.

Talk to you gals later.
Not much new here.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--I finally updated my weight here--I figured I couldn't ignore it any longer-it is what it is--I just seem to live in the 160s and will probably always stay there it seems??? I am sure you will do fine with the weigh in--you only ate lowcarb crackers--it wasn't a binge like mine--you are beating yourself up for no reason--now please hug on and love that Sadie for me--she sounds like a dog I would love--now for a story--we have had boxers for several dogs and the son has too--years ago there was a boxer listed in the paper that was found out by the river-it was free to anyone who claimed it-so I told my hubs we needed to go check him out--well--we did and found that someone had dumped an old sick boxer who was starved with his ribs showing and had been treated poorly for a long time it looked like-we knew he didn't have long to live but we couldn't leave him tied up outside with this man knowing that no one would ever take this dog-we took him home-took him to the vet--we called him "old dog" because we knew he wouldn't live long enough to name him and we didn't expect him to get used to a name--so the vet put "old dog" on his record--he got well and stayed warm and ate and ate and ate--he was the sweetest, most tender loving guy you would ever want--and he surprised us all by living a little more than two years after we brought him home--he died happy and we were happy that his last years were with us and we made the right decision that night to bring him home...we will never be afraid of adopting an aged pet... old dog did learn his name
Old 11-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jeanne that story of old dog is so touching. You guys did such a wonderful thing giving that dog a happy life for as long as he had.Bless you!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

we are like you guys--we love our furbabys--and after the boys have their own families the pets are even more of our babies--Dolly is the first small dog that we have really had-we have always had large dogs and this has been a real change-of course now that I am retired and home--this little dog is my constant companion-if I stop and sit-she is in my lap-or under my foot-I go no where without her-she is in my lap while I type-lol-I didn't realize what a small dog needed!

Monica--how was the movie? was it a good ending?

My son Chris shot a buck early this morning and the hubs got one this evening--so there are two hanging in the barn--pretty good for the first day of gun season--of course Chris had to text his brother and tease him about not being here and missing out on two bucks--I think Nate was having to decorate for Christmas-I am sure he would have rather been hunting!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-17-2012 at 11:00 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi girls.......

Only have a minute, I'll be back later.

I quit my job Wed pm. I have eaten sugar ever since........I'm so mad at myself.

Then I come on here and see Dolly's little cute face, and read stories about Christmas trees and Sadie...stories of Zipp and H going to the movies........and the icing on the cake was the story about Old Dog.

Just wanted you all to know you are the best!! All of you, truly kind hearted people and I feel luck to call each of you friend.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Anna we sure missed you!

Jeanne-- I love that Dolly picture. She is so beautiful.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Anna--I am soooooo glad to see you--please don't beat yourself up--that job wasn't for you--God will place you where you need to be--this wasn't it--there will be another door opened up for you--trust me on this--your heart was heavy at this place and I could feel it--not the right place for you to be--now lighten up on yourself and relax and enjoy the holiday--there will be another door open for you--just you wait and see--I am thankful on this Thanksgiving that you are not there anymore--they didn't deserve you--and you will find the right place--all in due time!! In the meantime--please come back and share what you can--I am still fighting the sugar monster too--it will be a livelong battle--but as long as I never give up the fight--I am going to win the battle in the end--I figure I have more good on plan weeks than off weeks so I win in the end I hope? I know you will too!!!

Michelle--I like that picture of Dolly too-and its one that I can upload easily for some reason-? I have alot of trouble with other ones--I hate the devil eyes when she is not that way--I need an editing program but that too is above my expertise! most everything is actually..

Made my day to come in and see Anna here-I have been cleaning in preparation for the son and his family--with a 2 year old I feel I need to get more cleaning done since he spends alot of time on the floor--and the dil is allergic to cats-so I try to double vacuum and dust and dust and dust--we seem to have extra dust and hair anyway--so I am always feeling like I can't get it clean enough! It doesn't help that my own hair is falling out again--I go thru this every few years it seems-so I have doubled up on the biotin hoping to stop it--I think it has to run it course--I actually bought a wig the last time-it was getting close to needing it-I lost about half my hair before it quit falling out! scary-I went to the dermatologist and ended up getting several shots before it quit--I have been on biotin ever since so I really was surprised it has started again?

Back to cleaning

How is Sadie today?? Michelle--how did the weigh in go??

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-18-2012 at 09:40 AM..