Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Temps on Saturday are supposed to be 70 here too, then Sunday, COLD FRONT! Dropping temps all day and Monday, Wintery mix and temps only in the 30's! It's amazing we all aren't deathly ill all the time!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Sorry ladies, I have a terrible headache and have to lie down I'll check in later.
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Yippee for the election being over--now it's time to support our President--it doesn't matter which one won the election-as Americans we should have no other choice.
Jeanne
I meant to say, WELL SAID!!!!!!!! I am about to swear off Facebook. The horrible/awful things people are saying about the President, guessing because they didn't vote that way, it's making me SICK!!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #394

Michelle - feel better girl. Headaches are the worst!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Yes I am so glad the election is over. Now if we can just get passed all the talk on FB, everything will be better. Hope you get some rest Michelle and get rid of that aweful headache. I used to get them all the time but noticed that when I'm low carbing they are almost non-existent.

I finally hit the store today and got some more food. I just finished making cheri's creamy southwestern taco soup and omg is it good! I made hamburger helper for the boys and felt like I was eating it right there along with them. I love that it makes so much and I can just put it in the fridge and take a serving, and heat it up when I'm hungry. I also am going to be making spinach lasagna. I have never made it myself but have liked it when others have made it so I'm tempted to see how its going to turn out. I also got more stuff to make jalapeno poppers, I've been eating them all week they are so addicting. I am back down to 210.8 this morning which is the weight I was after my carb fest on Saturday so tomorrow I am hoping to see a new low. *crosses fingers* Hope everything is holding up for the rest of you ladies! We have a few weeks left!
Currently Breastfeeding
Current Weight: 258

Last edited by babycakez; 11-07-2012 at 05:30 PM..
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #396

OH Lisa, at our house, spinach lasagna is a HUGE HIT! We make the one from Cleo's site and even with spinach and zucc, my kids LAP it up!!!!!! I hope the scale cooperates for you tomorrow.

Yesterday was a good DD. I only ate cottage cheese during the day. Dinner was a bit high as we were eating out with my parents but I think overall good! Haven is now at my parents house till Sunday. It is conference time at her school. Tristan still has school....so that makes him MAD! Other than that, our weekend is actually nicely empty. Saturday night we are having dinner with a high school friend of mine. Sunday is church/SS and then we meet my parents to get Haven. I think I will watch movies this weekend. I have Snowwhite and the Huntsman and The Lucky one! Not sure if Dennis will watch with me. He is funny about movies...they put him to SLEEP!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #397

I went into a cleaning frenzy last night. I literally didn't sit down from the time I got home (6:30) to 9:00 when I went to bed. The good thing, everything is pretty much done at the house with the exception of the kids' rooms. It's their job to clean those, NOT MINE!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristineP
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 09/10/2012
Hi All, I am checking in again… I’m down to 179… 8 more pounds to go!
Don’t know if I can get there, but I’m trying

Work has been super crazy… so I’m not checking in so much

Had a fender bender last night, someone rear ended me at a stop light… no fun!
Thankfully I’m pretty much okay, just a bit sore in the neck and shoulders

The car… well it’s drivable (just got this car a few months ago… I was a cry baby when I got home last night)

Was staying on LC track till last night… I consoled myself with a Little Debbie Oatmeal Crème Pie (why do I even HAVE those in the house?? Oh yeah, everyone else gets to eat them)
310 calories, 50g carbohydrates 11g fat… that’s more carbs than I ate ALL DAY yesterday

Oh well… and I wonder why I’m not losing more weight than what I am, right?

Anyway

Yesterday (beside the little Debbie incident)
B: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (whole oats, canned pumpkin, splenda, pumpkin pie spice, and some I can’t believe it’s not butter, sprinkle top w/ roasted pecans…which I didn’t have, and a little cinnamon…good stuff and good for ya)
S: yogurt, plain w/ splenda and some vanilla extract
L: grilled chicken legs (2) steamed broccoli
D: Pulled Pork Loin “carnitas”
(then the little Debbie incident)

Today:
Eggbeaters w/ tuong ot toi (Vietnamese chili garlic sauce) LOVE IT
1/3 C cottage cheese w/ sf white chocolate torani syrup for snack
Lentil soup (1/2 C) for lunch
70 cal worth (17 slices) of turkey pepperoni for snack
Dinner will be leftover pork

Yesterday morning, I realized that I forgot to take a pork loin out of the freezer, so I threw the whole damn thing in the crock pot on low, with some cumin, coriander, adobo and Mexican oregano….
It cooked on low from 7am to 7pm, and it came out like a really lean version of carnitas
I shredded it and ate in a bowl topped with lettuce, salsa, some hot sauce and a little sour cream (yum)
I might just do the same thing tonight
My husband AND daughter really enjoyed it!

Tonight since dinner is leftovers, I plan on taking my 15 minutes on the torture machine and upping the ante to maybe even like 20 or 25 minutes
(I’m so out of shape! Ugh)

Monica,next time you get into one of those "cleaning" modes, call me, I'll give you my home address
:-)

Last edited by ChristineP; 11-08-2012 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: after thought
ChristineP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #399

Chritine, if I had a fender bender on a new car to me, I'D eat something too!!!!!! Funny you mention me cleaning elsewhere, until about 2 years ago, we had a cleaner come to our house every other week. IT WAS HEAVEN! One time DH asked, why are you never in "THE MOOD" I said, well with this, that, the other, what's sexy about that??? He got me a cleaner! LOVED IT! But as time grew on, our kids got older and there was no reason NOT to have them help and learn from it.... So, here we are, typically they do help. It's been crazy at our house the last couple of weeks. I had 2+ hours to myself, so I got to it...and it didn't KILL ME!

Your pork loin sounds awesome. WE love that at our house!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:26 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
hello girls--busy week here--yesterday took Mom to all her doc appts--her eyes tested better after the laser zaps-so glad-she still has floaters but hopefully they will go away-we got our flu shots while out yesterday--I had lab work drawn while at the doc office-it was supposed to drawn Oct 1st--oops--we ran most of the day--she was able to get 2 electric carts so that helped her so much! got home and the hubs wanted to go to the amish buffet--I stayed on plan the whole time while he ate a dessert and ice cream-I usually go off plan when they bring around the dessert tray! woohoo

Christine-so sorry for the car--I would be upset too--but you did well with one small oatmeal --I love those things btw--I could eat the whole darn box in my past carb life! keep doing what you are doing and you will be losing those last few pounds. Love your menus and I throw frozen things in my crockpot all the time! the best thing about having a crockpot!

Monica--when I worked I had a housekeeper too--we are an amish area so it was always a amish lady--everyone here usually has amish housekeepers-they do a really good job-I would go back to work just to have one again! I really miss coming home to a shiny house all done! I am not the best at keeping house --I like it clean but don't like to do it--I would rather be outside doing something--I guess that's why I mow and work outside so much in the summertime?

I have had a superbusy week--going to lunch today with one of my friends--haven't had a day at home yet-but that will come this weekend--love going to lunch with old friends- always a good time for laughs --she is the one who grooms Dolly

well-I have finally taken myself off the sugarfree coffee creamer--the coffeemate liquid that I have used for years--I knew it wasn't healthy--it had small amounts of corn syrup and other things in it that were unhealthy--so this week I have had heavy cream in my coffee--the first couple of days I really missed my creamer but I have finally made it thru the change-it was I hope the last unhealthy thing I knew I needed to quit-until I identify another thing! trying hard to make my dietary life the healthiest I can.

Happy Friday--I am hoping to get alot done outside--plus we just bought 10 huge heads of cabbage yesterday from the farmers market-I will be blanching those tomorrow and freezing them for our freezer for this coming winter..I envision lots of fried cabbage and crack slaw--we might even get more if he isn't sold out by tomorrow--he sells out fast.

Lisa-we love spinach Lasagna too--I think I use the recipe from LindaSue's site?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-09-2012 at 04:29 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #401

Jeanne - you have been busy girl and did well at the buffet! Crack slaw....I need to make me some of that! I that stuff!!!!! I loved having my housekeeper, but I agree with DH, it is important the our children help out around the house and not take so much for granted. KWIM?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #402

Thanksgiving is now 1 week and 6 days away. My original goal was 158 by then...that will not happen. Heck, I would be thrilled to get to 164 by then. Don't think that will happen either. I am seriously considering hunkering down for just maintenance. I think a better goal for me over the holidays is to stay at the weight I am. We have so much going on from Thanksgiving - New year's. One of the girls here does maintenance JUDDD at 1000c dd's and 2000c up days...ironically, she is still losing. I think that is the plan I will follow from Thanksgiving through 01/02/2013. Is that crazy? I am not giving up getting to 158, I am just realistically looking at what all is going on and thinking, better to stay where I am then to go up???? thoughts?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa--- Your menus sound so delish. I feel lately I'm in a rut and your taco soup and spinach lasagna sound inspirational.

Christine--- Sorry about your car accident. I hope you are feeling OK. I was rear ended in March and am still having neck and shoulder issues. I'm not sure if the headaches I have been having lately are related to that or the induction level carbs. So since Tuesday I have upped my carbs to see if I can get this headache to go away. It's lessened but still there.

Jeanne---You did great at the buffet. I know how much you like it there and all it's temptations. You are doing awesome. Have fun with your lunch today!

Monica-- Maintenance is as important as losing. If I would have maintained, I wouldn't be in the predicament (sp) I am in now and trying to get back down to the 100 original lost lbs. So if maintenance is where you feel safe and happy that is where you should be.

We are expecting our first big snow for the year tonight. Anywhere frome 1 to 3 feet. So today I will dig out all the shovels and get them ready. Where are those mittens and snow boots?Well at least with that much snow I'll for sure be in the Christmas spirit. Time to think about my Christmas tree!!!!!!

Weigh in tomorrow! I don't know. I hate to be a pessimist but I don't feel lighter. And since I raised my carb intake to 25-30 g a day who knows. But since I didn't lose last week I'm praying for even just a little this week.

Talk to you later!

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle thinking increasing your carbs a little will shake up and keep your body guessing and help the weight loss? however I did gain two pounds overnite even while sticking to lowcarb--not sure what that was about--so I was getting close to being back at my posted weight--not now! Hope I can at least get back to my posted weight by Thanksgiving--my computer is acting up again-better post before I lose it again-feel better Michelle
Old 11-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #405

Quote:
We are expecting our first big snow for the year tonight. Anywhere frome 1 to 3 feet. So today I will dig out all the shovels and get them ready. Where are those mittens and snow boots?Well at least with that much snow I'll for sure be in the Christmas spirit. Time to think about my Christmas tree!!!!!!
HOLY COW, now that is some snow. So once this hits, will you have snow on the ground till late SPRING????

I agree, maintaining for me would be better than after Christmas being back over 180!!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Yea once it hits tonight we will have it til April or May.Unless we get a feaky warm winter like last year.And then it was gone in March.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #407

Were you born / raised there? or did you move there and have to get used to that?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

I was born and raised here in Winnipeg. It is something you just get use to, but I notice as I get older I really don't like how cold and long winter is. My husband and I would have loved to be able to retire later and go to Texas or Arizona for a few months in the winter, but with how the economy turned we don't think retirement will ever happen never mind going somewhere warm.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #409

OH GIRL! THings will turn around, I just know they will!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gained 1.2 lbs. I am fuming. Please ladies, you've seen my menus. I have not eaten anything, not even a taste off what I have written here. I upped my carbs from averaging 15 g a day to 24 g a day. That's it. How did I gain!!!! I was OK with staying the same last week...I am not OK with gaining this week. And it's not even TOM. I've ridden my excercise bike everyday as usual, done some pilates work outs, i've had plenty of water, I've been very regular. What's my problem????

Thanks for listening!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-I am so so sorry about the gain-but maybe so salt slipped in there somewhere? I have seen your menus and there is nothing at all that would even come close to allowing you a gain in your weight! I am baffled too--just stay the course and you will drop! don't despair. You have done so well--it will drop -it has too.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Michelle: You mentioned that you've been exercising... Have you been doing more exercise lately or just the usual? Muscle is more dense than fat so if your body is gaining more muscle the scale can go up but your body is actually slimming down. Do you take body measurements? I find that taking my measurements help because when the scale won't budge or is going up and my measurements are getting smaller and smaller then I know what's up.
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Lisa-I bet you are right about Michelle-she is gaining muscle!! makes sense to me!!

I am beating myself up again-fell off the wagon again-I am such a failure anymore-I am getting tired of admitting my shortcomings-just can't seem to get a long run of staying good anymore-so I am just going to try and keep my failures to myself and see if that makes a difference? it is embarrassing to always be sharing that I can't seem to be good at staying faithful.. so until I can be I will be mum..

the wind is blowing and the rain and cool will be coming in later today--what blows in Kansas is coming our way--we put up our ten big heads of cabbage yesterday and if the farm market has any left next weekend-we might do some more-will be good this winter.

talk to you all later.

Jeanne
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Jeanne you are not a failure. You are having a few setbacks that's all. And if venting that here will help you then vent away. We don't mind. But I feel like you do right now. I am tired of admitting I can't stay the course like before. I can only hope that whatever it was a few years ago that made me stay on track will return any day now.

Well even though I was mad yesterday at the gain, I did not cheat. I ate great again and this morning I was rewarded with GAINING another 1/2 lb. I know it can't be muscle, because it's the same excercising I have been doing since 2008 when I started excercising and all my clothes are getting tighter again. I am so frustrated right now I could scream.

Jeanne--Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing great and will do great we all know it.

I'll try and take a picture today. We did get the 2 feet of snow and even though I hate it, it is beautiful and Christmasy.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #415

Michelle - as Dennis would say, it's the FREAKISH nature of women's bodies! It's not fair, right or anything. I would hang tight on what you are doing and give it another week and see what the scale shows on Saturday. I'm so sorry for that girl. I know the frustration of how that feels, all too well!!! Please do take a picture. I love snow and lately, we don't see much of it at all here in KS!

Jeanne - YOU are HUMAN! Don't let your slipping define you girl. You are not the only one that slips. We have all admited that many many times here. That is what the challegenge place is for. To talk about our struggles and what happens! Please don't bottle it all up, that won't help anything at all!

Well, here Saturday was SUNNY, WINDY and 78*. When I woke yesterday at 6:00 a.m. it was 53* and raining, by 9:00 it was 45* still raining. By Noon it was 33* and rain had stopped but cloudy and windy! Yesterday was COLD!!!! This morning on our walk it was 23* but no wind or dampness. It was actually really pleasant!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #416

Jeanne - I struggled all day Friday. It was a Down day and honestly, I woke up wanting to eat and I wanted to eat all day long. I splurged a bit Friday night, so I know I went over my calories. Yesterday was a good DD, so I am calling it a fluke! Of coarse I have upped my DD calories to 1000 in an attempt to just maintain through New Years!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #417

Where are all my PALS????
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

I am here--just didn't feel like posting yesterday after seeing the scale-lol--I really did a number on my numbers! I am not going to even go there--uggg! I will just try again--thanks for the pep talk Monica and Michelle-I need to get my head on straight and make it thru the holidays without anymore damage!! I really need to buckle down from here on out--I did even go to ****** yesterday for the first time in years and log my diet--it was a pain but eye opening--the last time I did that was when I lost a lot of weight-so I need to do it again-and stick to it--apparently I can't do it by myself! I need lots of re-inforcements! I am hoping to make Chicken Ladys- carrot cake some time this week in prep for Thanksgiving-I thought I needed to make a trail run--this will I hope make a replacement for the amish coconut italian creme cake that I always buy for the holidays--I have been fighting with myself to go ahead a buy one for everyone else but I am not going to do it--they will have to eat this carrot cake or not eat it--I know myself and I would eat the most of the amish cake afterwards-this will hopefully be good enough for everyone--it has rave reviews!

Monica-hope that you are having a good UD--I would live for those! I am glad JUDDD works so well for you--I will be back later if I can-lots to do today --I loafed yesterday!

Jeanne
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #419

Jeanne -Girl, if all are coming to your house, you should make what YOU can eat! You are a priority too! Are you hosting the whole family at your house??? Also, consider JUDDD, you might be shocked at how well your body would respond. Just think about it girl!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Yes--I am hosting Thanksgiving--I am still not sure how many are coming--I know my son and his family next door for sure and my mom-and I am not sure about my son and dil from Indy--I think they are headed to Chicago? and then maybe the hubs son and daughter and their families? it could be a full house but it would be nice to know? I figure I am cooking and will have leftovers if I don't have the whole crew? I am thinking ham instead of turkey simply because it will be easier on me--and if I do a turkey they will expect noodles and dressing from the broth of that turkey--sooooo with a ham I can say-sorry--no broth this time!! I am trying to think of more things I can make that will be lowcarb-I really hope to make it thru without too much damage

I have an appt next tuesday to see a surgeon about a hernia repair-I have had this hernia since 1998 from my last abdominal surgery and it has just gotten bigger every year and I have put it off and put it off until I really can't any longer--I hope something can be done without too much trouble-anyway-I want this done before the end of the year when my insurance changes again with an even bigger deductible! what a Christmas present!

well--I have clothes in the washer and have been cleaning baseboards in the kitchen-I really should have done windows before it got too cold-I am the worst window cleaner in the world I think-no matter how much time I invest they still come out streaked!

back to work--had scrambled eggs for breakfast-I usually never eat breakfast but thought I need to change that too and give myself something to work with? will see if that works better? I need to change something in my routine obviously--Monica--I really don't trust myself with JUDDD--I can't let myself have a up day without being out of control with the carbs I don't think? I am just too much of a carb addict to have any without going crazy? maybe someday I will be stable enough to try it--I really think I would like the freedom it brings to the table.

Jeanne