Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #361
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Christine - did you suffer some damage? Glad to see you are back ontrack!

Jeanne - glad you got out of the cold house girl! Yes I was wearing my fall turtle neck. I have that one and one with leaves on it. For Halloween day, I had a black long sleeved shirt with large pumpkin scene on it, I also had on Halloween earrings! Fun stuff here! We had over 250 people. I ran out of everything. I bet, had I had enought stuff, we would have had 300 people. Next year I will buy more! The problem is, if the weather isn't GREAT, I could get stuck with a bunch of Hug Jugs!

Did the furnace get fixed???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-24.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #362

Haven had a great time walking around with her friends. T, would never admit it, but I think he enjoyed hanging out at the house passing out stuff. We got our chairs out and sat in the driveway. We have concrete steps leading to our front door and I am always afraid with the masks on that someone will fall. Much easier if we sit out there with them! It was fun....now on to Thanksgiving. I have almost all my Christmas shopping done. Need to wrap it and get the finishing touches for my BIL's gift. I drew his name this year. My family is exchanging gifts on Thanksgiving since we are on our cruise over Christmas! That has amped up the preparations by a full month!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristineP
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 09/10/2012
We were very lucky, the only damage we have is to the fence in the back yard. We back up to township property and an old dead tree came down across the fence into our yard. (it sounded like a grenade went off with shrapnel hitting the house but thankfully no damage to the home)

My mom lost a 100+ year old oak tree… it went down sideways, so it went across the driveway… I shudder to think if it had gone down in the other direction onto the house.

The pictures from NJ and NY are horrifying… when I think about how people have lost everything, including family members, my heart breaks…
ChristineP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Christine-glad you and your family are ok-the damages are horrifying to watch-but loss could have been worse in lives lost, but buildings can be rebuilt.

my furnace needs a part that is 1018. 00 to replace-so they also quoted us replacement furnaces as 2500. and 3000. since our furnace is 16-17 years old-I am so upset since we also have property taxes due on the 10th and this is totally unexpected-we hadn't had a problem with it before now-we are going to get another quote from another heating guy-the one the bil used to work for and then make a decision about what to do-the hubs thinks we shouldn't put a 1000 into the old furnace but ... so anyway-I ate myself thru the stress last nite-not a surprise right? today I have a fever blister starting --just goes to show how stressed I am.. plus my sugar this morning was way high--not a surprise again!

anyway--I am back to working to get back into ketosis and get myself back under control-I am my own worst enemy-and if I could kick my own butt I would--it helps nothing and makes me feel worse after binging all nite-I am just not smart enough to stop it.

well-I am headed to the beauty shop-a makeup visit -she was sick two weeks ago and I had to come back home-I need it badly today-

Monica--I can't believe how many trick or treaters you get-that is wild! glad it went well and you had so many--had to keep Tristan hopping to keep up!

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 11-01-2012 at 09:03 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Jeanne---Sorry to hear about the furnace. There is never a good time for stuff like that. I hope the next company is a bit more reasonable. Since you are hopping right back on the wagon, you will be back in ketosis right away. I think everyone here knows about stress eating and knows you can't beat yourself up over it and just move on. You were in the zone and will be right back there.

Monica-- That's a crazy amount of kids. What sort of population do you have in your city?

Christine--- Glad to hear everyone is fine.Your damage seems small compared to what I see on the news here. I saw a picture of the apartment my brother and I stayed in back in March when we were there. All the buildings around them were flooded so I'm sure they had damage too. I know the people's who apartment we were staying at evacuated the night before to family in Brooklyn. I hope to hear more from them soon.

Menu "Same ol Same ol"

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #366

Christine, glad to know you suffered little damage and were safe! Scary just begins to describe what all happened.

Jeanne - I love going to the beauty shop. Let this help you get back to a better place mentally. Sorry about the furnace. Glad you are getting a 2nd opinion. Quotes can differ greatly!

Michelle - Our city size is about 100K. I will say, I think the smaller, less traveled neighborhoods come to ours to ToT. The elementary school that is 1 1/2 blocks from our house the parking lot was FULL last night from people coming in and parking here so they could walk around in our neighborhood. The parking lot holds quite a few, so seeing it full explains a lot. I don't mind. I LOVE the holiday so I find it fun to see all the kids. I did have some issues with the high schoolers that were NOT in costume. I gave them bubbles!!! I even commented, next time, at least dress up. I got some SmartA$$ responses all of which made NO Sense and I told them that too! come to my house, be in a costume!!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Thank you ladies for the warm welcome =)

Christine - It's good to hear you are safe and sound. I can't image being in the middle of storm like that. I feel so bad for what's going on over there on the east coast. The only thing we really have to watch out for here in CA is earthquakes and even then it's been awhile before a big has one hit. *knocks on wood*

Jeanne - I am the same way too with shopping. I always end up getting everything else except for what was on my list. I really should invest some time in writting a list so I'm not constantly going back to the store for things and wasting more time.

Monica - Love the way you reacted to those snotty teenagers haha. Bubbles!? Wish I would have thought of that.

We didn't get very many trick or treaters last night but we did get more than last year so that's a plus. We decided to take our son out trick or treating at 6 because it was expected to rain between 7-8 but he was so tired he feel asleep at 5:55pm! hah go figure. My nieces took off without him, did a circle around the block then begged me to wake him up so he could finish trick or treating with them at 7:30pm. Luckily he was in good mood when I woke him up so I took out and he had a blast. He's 2.5 so he's just starting to understand what Halloween is about. He was shy going up to doors and made me or daddy hold him and wouldn't say trick or treat or happy halloween until AFTER we walk away from the houses lol... too cute still. We made it back in time right as the rain started to pour down not even a minute after we stepped foot in the house. He made out like a bandit too.. which will soon vanish with the help of daddy, grandma and grandpa... not me though!

My lil spiderman <3
Currently Breastfeeding
Current Weight: 258

Last edited by babycakez; 11-01-2012 at 08:39 PM..
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Awwww-lil spidey man is sooooo cute-so glad he was able to go trick or treating-love the costume!! Babycakes-what is your real name? we should call you something besides babycakes maybe? I am sure you did better than I did with the halloween candy-I had two candy bars yesterday-the big ones even-I didn't make it back on plan-ate off again and even went to the amish buffet last nite-yikes! I am sooo bad-but I will be back on today and stick with it--I am taking the candy bars to the barn myself today and get them out of my site!

need to get busy and stay warm-I am hoping the other guy will show up today and we will get another estimate-it might be a week or longer before we get another furnace so I am hoping he shows up today!

back later girls

Jeanne
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #369

Spider man is TOO cute! Love it! He is adorable and I am sure by next year he will be all about it! Yes I too would like to have a name to call you girl!

Jeanne - our weather here has warmed up a bit. Will you be having that warmer weather today too???
Old 11-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #370

Yesterday was another higher DD. Not bad, but not under 500c either. Oh well. Today is a fun day. We are hosting a baby shower for my assistant, she will be a great Grandma later this month. Then tonight we are having friends over for mexican and Pom Margaritas! YUM!

Plans for the weekend?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #371

Tonight, again, we are having friends over.

Tomorrow, Haven has volleyball tryouts at 8:00 - 10:00. Thankfully she has already been offered a spot on a team, so we know it is just going through the motions to tryout. After that Dennis, T and I are heading to our intown Grandma's house to rake leaves. It will be a HUGE process. Guessing, we will have 15+ of the large bags out by the curb when we are done. Then 1:00-3:00 we are serving LINK (the homeless kitchen). Sunday is just SS/Church and then probably cleaning house! FUN STUFF!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

We were supposed to go to a get together over brunch on Sunday, a bunch of my husbands former (mostly retired) co-workers get together about 3-4 times a year, there’s about 40 total, they reserve a room at a nice restaurant and get a set menu

A room full of retired scientists may not sound like fun, but believe me, they’re a blast!

We’re not sure that the brunch is still on, because as far as we know, the restaurant still has no power
(bummer)
Other than that, I don’t think we have any major plans this weekend
I have bathrooms to clean… I love my daughter, but her idea of “cleaning” a bathroom isn’t the same as mine, so we alternate weekends for that chore

Holding steady at 182, I don’t remember what I was when I started the challenge but I think that I have to get on the good foot and use the elliptical more if I’m going to be down 15lbs from the start by Thanksgiving

Meals today

B: eggbeaters w/ turkey sausage crumbles
S: 1/3 C Greek yogurt, splenda, coconut extract and cocoa powder on top (my fake mounds candy bar)
L: beef stew (no potatoes) from the freezer stash (I took the mister’s container, I can tell, it has way more in it than I would eat)
S: cut up veggies
D: last night, I was going to make crackslaw, but the mister said let’s go out, so I had Chinese (a few spoons of brown rice, wok’d chicken with veggies and green curry) so tonight, I have to make the crackslaw because I defrosted the ground turkey

I can get meal planning back on track next week too! This past week my ‘weekly menu’ kind of went out the window!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

The "math wizzard" that I am (not) when I started LC I was 198, when I joined the challenge I was down 11lbs, (187) I am now 182, so I've lost 5lbs since I joined the challenge and have ten more pounds to go... (aaakkk!)
10,000 steps on the elliptical tonight!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #374

Christine, you are DOWN, that's the important thing! Hope the brunch is still a go!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Awwww-lil spidey man is sooooo cute-so glad he was able to go trick or treating-love the costume!! Babycakes-what is your real name? we should call you something besides babycakes maybe? I am sure you did better than I did with the halloween candy-I had two candy bars yesterday-the big ones even-I didn't make it back on plan-ate off again and even went to the amish buffet last nite-yikes! I am sooo bad-but I will be back on today and stick with it--I am taking the candy bars to the barn myself today and get them out of my site!

need to get busy and stay warm-I am hoping the other guy will show up today and we will get another estimate-it might be a week or longer before we get another furnace so I am hoping he shows up today!

back later girls

Jeanne
Thank you, it was even more adorable when he would pretend to shoot spider webs at me sound effects and all.

We all have our ups and downs and the important thing is to be able to realize that tomorrow is a new day and you can get right back up and continue on. Forget about any little slip up from the day(s) before and worry about how to make the best of today. BTW, I finally added my name to my siggy... I got so used to being called baby or cakez lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Spider man is TOO cute! Love it! He is adorable and I am sure by next year he will be all about it! Yes I too would like to have a name to call you girl!

Jeanne - our weather here has warmed up a bit. Will you be having that warmer weather today too???
Thank you, he is a little character. I can't wait till next year. Even though he's only 2 it was difficult for him picking out a costume because he is in love with all superheroes, batman, spiderman, hulk, iron man, superman etc. so I'm a bit worried about how he will react next year lol. Oh and I added my name to my sig now!

Quote:
Yesterday was another higher DD. Not bad, but not under 500c either. Oh well. Today is a fun day. We are hosting a baby shower for my assistant, she will be a great Grandma later this month. Then tonight we are having friends over for mexican and Pom Margaritas! YUM!

Plans for the weekend?
Aww I love baby showers! I get to help plan my sister-in-laws in January and I am so excited! She's having another girl (she has 2 girls 6 and 7.5) so it's been a few years for her. She helped plan my baby shower for my son so now I get to return the favor. yum... mexican and pom margaritas sound yummy! I feel like making some green enchiladas for dinner now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineP View Post
We were supposed to go to a get together over brunch on Sunday, a bunch of my husbands former (mostly retired) co-workers get together about 3-4 times a year, there’s about 40 total, they reserve a room at a nice restaurant and get a set menu

A room full of retired scientists may not sound like fun, but believe me, they’re a blast!

We’re not sure that the brunch is still on, because as far as we know, the restaurant still has no power
(bummer)
Other than that, I don’t think we have any major plans this weekend
I have bathrooms to clean… I love my daughter, but her idea of “cleaning” a bathroom isn’t the same as mine, so we alternate weekends for that chore

Holding steady at 182, I don’t remember what I was when I started the challenge but I think that I have to get on the good foot and use the elliptical more if I’m going to be down 15lbs from the start by Thanksgiving

Meals today

B: eggbeaters w/ turkey sausage crumbles
S: 1/3 C Greek yogurt, splenda, coconut extract and cocoa powder on top (my fake mounds candy bar)
L: beef stew (no potatoes) from the freezer stash (I took the mister’s container, I can tell, it has way more in it than I would eat)
S: cut up veggies
D: last night, I was going to make crackslaw, but the mister said let’s go out, so I had Chinese (a few spoons of brown rice, wok’d chicken with veggies and green curry) so tonight, I have to make the crackslaw because I defrosted the ground turkey

I can get meal planning back on track next week too! This past week my ‘weekly menu’ kind of went out the window!
Brunch sounds like fun, hopefully the power is back on by Sunday so you guys can still go. What is "crackslaw"? Sounds interesting!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all.

No change in weight this week, but I knew I lost too much the last two weeks. I'll just keep plugging along.

Lisa--- Your spiderman is too cute.

Christine---You have done great so far and I am sure there is lots more to com. Has your brunch been rescheduled?

Monica---Hope you have fun raking. It's not bad when you have peolple to share the chore with. I'd be raking snow today if I went outside.

Jeanne---How's the house temp. doing? Are you staying warm enough? At below 0 deg. here we would not have the luxury to shop around. We would just have to pay through the nose.

Grocery shopping for me today. Time to stock up on my 90% Lindt chocolate bars. I wait for them to go on special before I buy them. I don't know what they cost where you all live but here on an extreme sale they are $2.50 each.

Talk to you later,
Michelle
Old 11-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

good morning-we finally have another quote-2970 including tax and labor-I guess that is what we are going with-they have to have a furnace that matches up with our AC unit which is a 2 speed or something weird-naturally it cost more-the bad thing is waiting until they can get to it-it will be ordered Monday- and they will work us in when they can-we are doing fine without it-but will be glad to have heat-thankful the weather isn't too bad and the house is chilly but we do have the heated mattress pad and Dolly has a heated pad she enjoys also-so we are doing fine as long as the temps don't get into the teens during the day!

I made it through yesterday back on plan and I am not sure what I am cooking today-will need to peruse the freezer and take a look-I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close already-time truly does march on!

hope everyone has a great day and I will check in later

Jeanne
Old 11-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #378

Lisa - nice meetibg you girl !!! Showers are fun. I loved buying for it, eating it and seeing the smile on her face!!!

Michelle - no loss or gain, well done

Jeanne - way to get back on plan. Hope the parts come in soon so you have heat soon!!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls-still here in the big chill-lol--the hubs brought in the electric heater from the camper so we could watch a little tv and actually hear it! I wear hearing aids so I have trouble hearing without any outside interference! the weather is about 50 outside-a little warmer and sunnier than yesterday so I am thankful for any degrees that are better... we will survive-just can't complain when thinking about the poor souls in the northeast..

Michelle--would you believe I have never had a Lindt chocolate bar! never! I guess I need to indulge-I am going to try some more fat bombs this week some time-I figure I can make the chocolate cheaper and with no sugar alcohols to mess up my colon--the first bunch I made were so so--I think too much stevia-I think its a little this and a little that to get what taste you yourself like-so that is my plan for this week-bought a couple of silicone candy molds and that should help a little?

Lisa--thanks for sharing your name-soooo much nicer to know you by name and if you do a search on crackslaw--there are lots of variations-Monica and I both love it--I do a chinese type version that I love with sesame oil-we have it quite often because it is so easy and the leftovers are even better the next day.

Hello Anna--hope your week is better-thinking about you!

Jeanne
Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 AM   #380

HOLY CRAP LADIES - Thanksgiving is 2 weeks and 3 days away!!!!!!!

Starting weight is : 170.2
Weight by thanksgiving: 159.2

There is no way in HECK I will reach my original 159.2 goal. NO WAY!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #381

I had a good weekend. Honestly, I ate good. My Up days, I will admit, I did not track every calorie. I didn't eat crazy, I was honestly tired of tracking it all. You ever have those days where you don't want to OVER THINK everything??? My DD was perfect. I was prepared for it to SUCK. We served lunch to the homeless. The last time we did it was a DD too. Smelling all the food did me in and I ate a full blown PIZZA meal after we left. I ate a bowl of cottage cheese before going and everything was fine. I didn't feel like I could eat the plates or anything! So I think it was a successful weekend!

How is everyone else?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
HOLY CRAP LADIES - Thanksgiving is 2 weeks and 3 days away!!!!!!!

Starting weight is : 170.2
Weight by thanksgiving: 159.2

There is no way in HECK I will reach my original 159.2 goal. NO WAY!
You only have 7 lbs to go to make goal right? You may not make the whole 7 lbs but you could get in 3 or 4 more lbs. Don't give up! I know what you mean about calculating everything all the time, but that usually helps to keep on track.

Come on everyone we have 2 weeks and 3 days let's give it one good final push!

B= Shake
S= Coffee and almond breeze x 3 times for the day
L= Tuna and mayo
D= Braised beef shanks with cabbage
S= 90% Lindt
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #383

You are so right....FINAL PUSH!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

wow only 2 weeks & 3 days? CRAP! I don't think I can make it... for some reason Thanksgiving felt much further away. I remember last time when I was trying to enter into ONEderland it took me weeks and weeks to get past that 200 mark. Right now I am having a hard time trying to get past 210. I had a high carb meal the day before but used a carb blocker and was happy to only see a 6 ounce gain the next day but then today I am up another 1.4lbs. I am not sure if the carb blocker is to blame or my late meal I had right before bed last night. Either way, I think this month's goal might be a bit more difficult than I thought. I have to remind myself that I have lost a lot of weight and that my body may not loose as fast as it once did and that I do not have as much weight to loose as I once did which means that my weightloss will be much slower these days.

Last edited by babycakez; 11-05-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

I think putting a number to the days left to Thanksgiving has been shocking to all of us!! I am really wishing I wasn't the one cooking for Thanksgiving this year-but I will be glad to have it over with and someone else doing the big cooking for Christmas--thank goodness my dil and I take turns!! I am also not going to make goal-because of my own craziness-but I am still going to work it until then--we can still get a few pounds off like Michelle said-I need to get off all I can before and during the holiday season-it is always a hard time for me with the goodies available!

Nite friends

Jeanne
Old 11-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #386

Lisa - You have done really well! Don't forget how far you have come. Take each day, Thanksgiving is just another day....you will reach that goal. I know it.

Jeanne - you are right. Even with Thanksgiving so close, it is a good time to hunker down and get a few more pounds gone!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Had a good DD yesterday. I also found out DH and I are getting a nice bonus and a good size raise on 01/01/13! Lots to look forward to....more money, more clothes, so I need to push to get into that size 8 I am wanting!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo on the raise--what a way to come back home after a cruise--with a couple of big raises!!! that is my kind of Christmas present!!! enjoy the fruits of your labors and I am sure those size 8s are in your short future!! I would be picking them out!!

We almost have a new furnace--by tomorrow nite I think we will be back into warmth and I will be glad-I really have missed being warm and it has been a real eye opener to realize how much we depend on our utilities--I think we are totally unprepared for an emergency the type of Hurricane Sandy--I just can't imagine and want to reach thru the tv and help those who are still suffering--I think our system of helping in disasters is still sorely inadequate even after all the lessons learned in Katrina--makes me sad that the greatest nation is not able to help its people with a system that mobilizes fast enough to prevent this suffering.. off my bandbox now...

I am taking Dolly to be groomed tomorrow-I can't take her looking so shaggy even tho she will be chilly--she will have a new furnace to keep her toasty along with her sweaters--she needs her holiday do!!

have a great evening and celebrate the end to all those political ads!!!

Jeanne
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations on the raises and bonuses Monica. You don't often hear those words these days unless your a GM or bank president.

Jeanne---I hope you are toasty warm soon. I hate being chilly, but maybe I hate overheating in the scorching summer more. I don't know.

I feel horrible for the people on the east coast. I know the place I stayed at when I was in NYC has been "condemned" The people were allowed to go in and get some stuff, but they can not live there because of all the daamge to the electrical and heating systems. They are staying at a hotel in midtown for now. They are lucky that his boss is paying the hotel bill.

Menu:Shake
Lunch:Tuna with mayo
D= Hamburger with asparagus
S= Coffee x 3 and chocolate
Old 11-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #389

It's Wednesday ladies!!!!!! No more political ads! I am overwelmed with happiness about that!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Yippee for the election being over--now it's time to support our President--it doesn't matter which one won the election-as Americans we should have no other choice.

We are supposed to have temps close to 70 both saturday and sunday--the last good weekend probably-have lots of last minute things to do in the yard and house to get things ready for winter

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jeanne