Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Well th weather seems to be bad everywhere. We received our first snow last night. It's pretty but cold and dangerous. We had a huge 20 car pile up this morning when a bridge froze over.
I've stayed home today since I really wasn't needed at work so why put another person on those slippery streets.

Jeanne ----I wish you luck with the decluttering.
Monica--- I like Jeanne's suggestion of some nice warm choc. milk. That always seems to warm my innerds (sp).

Tomorrow's my big weigh in day, but like I said earlier after losing 8 lbs last week, I'm not holding my breath this week. But a girl can dream right!

B= Shake
S= Coffee w/AB
L=Fried eggs and bacon
S=Coffee w/AB
D= Salmon with butter lettuce salad
S= Coffee w/ AB and 2 pcs 90% choc.

I have been spot on this week for eating and excercising and even if it doesn't show on the scale it is showing in my mental attitude, physical health, and energy level.

Have a great day ladies.

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
OH MY Michelle - indeed it is that time of year, especially for you way up north! Hanging out at home for the day! That's good too! Cuddle up under the covers and watch MOVIES! I always love doing that. Sounds like you have had some perfect eating/exercise this week. Hope the scale properly congrats you. IF NOT, remember, the scale is a LIAR and a CHEAT!

Jeanne - decluttering, I am sure you will feel much better when it is done. Especially with your son's stuff. I need about 4 hours to DECLUTTER my walk in closet! It is a MESS. I have CHIT everywhere. GRRRR Maybe next weekend!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #333

My bloodsugar just crashed a bit! Man, I was getting dizzy/shakey on my walk. I knew that things weren't good when at 42* and windy, I was sweating under my 2 jackets. I ate 2 protein granola bars and feeling much less shakey now. Not sure how this DD will turn out. It's just 1:15 and I have already had 525c! Maybe just veggies for dinner??? HMMMMMMMM

Not sure why it went bunk on me. I had a lot of protein for dinner last night (steak) and my normal cottage cheese/strawberries at 10:45 a.m. darn!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Monica take care. Do what you need to do to get that blood sugar back on track. Don't risk yourself over a few calories.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #335

I think I am up and stable now. Thankfully we don't keep a lot of food here at the office. When I get in those stages where I am like that, I can mull over a TON of food if it is in my grasp. It's totally not needed, at least not all of it, but my brain kicks in survival mode and just shovels food in till the feeling passes!

Thanks girl.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #336

Anna - I hope you check in this weekend. MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!!!!!!!!! Hope the JOB is going well!

To our newbies, where are you??? Check in, let us know !
Old 10-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica-glad you are aware of what is happening to you-it's a scary thing at the time tho-do you keep those sugar candies made just for low glycemic episodes on you-they used to make them anyway that were just like a roll of lifesavers-high sugar and easily portable and would be easy to carry in your pocket while walking.

Michelle--good luck with tomorrows weigh in--I would not be surprised if that whoosh fairy visited you once again altho you have actually earned a whoosh on your own without any help--you have done so well and I am thrilled for you that you are back in gear and feeling good mentally and physically--it's amazing what being in ketosis does for a body!! I hope you had a good day home and stay safe off those roads-that is one of the advantages of being retired-not having to drive-I had to drive with my job whether the weather was good or bad and I dreaded being out on those bad days! it is really nice not to have to worry about the forecast anymore!

nite ladies
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

26 days to T. Day

Well there is still 26 days til Thanksgiving and I only have .2 of a pound to go to meet my challenge goal of 15 lbs. I have lost 14.8 lbs since we started this challenge. This loss has really motivated me to keep up the hard work. Who knows maybe I can break into the 160s by then.

I could not have done it without your supprt ladies. Thank you!

TOM is starting today, I hope it does not derail me.

Menu:

B= Shake
S= Coffee w/AB
L=?
S= Coffee w/AB
D= Salad with seasoned ground beef
S= Coffee w/AB and 90 % chocolate

I know my menu isn't changing much but I'm not ready to introduce more carbs in just yet, so I'm keeping it simple.

Monica-- Hope you're feeling better.

Later girls
Old 10-28-2012, 03:58 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle that is so awesome--.2 to go and you will meet your goal--you must have done very well this week then-? how much did you lose? 8 lbs the other week , then 6lb and something this week? that is something to celebrate for sure my friend-but not surprised with your dedication-I have seen it before!! I knew it was there just under the surface all along!! so very happy for you--you will indeed make it into the 160s for the challenge!! woohoo and happy dance!!!

I am trying an experiement upping the fat with coconut oil and seeing if that brings down the bs-I really thought it was working for a few days then I have been right back up -boing boing bounce! it is maybe too soon to tell but since I now have two gallons of coconut oil-I will continue to cook with it--I do think its a healthy way to go and use for fat.. and I am still trying to find a good recipe for fat bombs-the one I tried I didn't like-ugh. I know Anna makes them but I wish she were here and helped me with an exact recipe--I miss her.

the man and the son are out in the woods this morning--hope they get a deer-but it's a lot of work if they do. Since the weather cooled off it seems like hunting season-I would appreciate it if they would hunt the ones who have decided to tear up my new pear trees with their antlers-every new little tree I have planted has succombed to deer antlers...grrr.

well--it's still dark here and the coffee is smelling good-have a blessed sunday ladies

Jeanne
Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hello Dear Friends,

I have missed all of you so much!!

MICHELLE!! I'm sooo happy for you!!! WOW wtg!! Happy Happy Joy Joy

Jeanne how are you? Is your bsugar still good? Do you think it is the coconut oil? I get so (*88**$%^&%) flustered. I want to believe all fruits/vegs are good for me. But they are not. Most have to much sugar.

Anyway, I'm not sure what a fat bomb is. Is that the candy? I do make it about 3 x a week. I use 2 tbs of coconut oil, 1 tbs of baking cocoa, 1pkg splenda, or stevia. Mix it in a little bowl and stick it in the frig or freezer. Lately I have been puttin a 1/2 tbs of instant coffee in with all the above, I love it.

I have make it w/peanuts and p. butter. Not bad.

Well, Ive got to go to bed. I will "try" to come back and read thru the thread before you all move on to something else. Pls post a link.

Monica, how is the low bs? (blood sugar!) What triggers that? I sure hope you rested this week-end. Take care you yourself. Prayers for your sister.

Michelle what kind of shake are you drinking? I am tired of eggs. How is Sadie?

It's official. I hate my job. Turns out the people are not nice. All I do is data entry as fast as I can, like a factory job. Plus I'm making decisions that affect young people trying to get into a university! I don't like that at all. I really don't know how long I can do this. On top of it all my ibs has returned, and I now have arthritis in my thumb. (good grief. I thought a job would help me feel better about myself. I just feel old and dumb! )

Past my bed time Almost 8:30 I'll be a pumpkin tomorrow!!

Everyone have a great week.

Keep up the good work.

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Anna--it is so good to see you--I have missed you sooooooo much girlfriend-but I hate it so much about the job--I was hoping that you were loving it and enjoying it--there is nothing worse than hating your job! you need to get out of there if it is affecting your health and find another one--it is not worth the suffering you are going thru--the best thing about my retirement was that I was finally away from a horrible boss-I loved my coworkers and that alone made it bearable but we had the boss from he**... I was so depressed-so not worth it... trust me..

Thanks for the fat bombs recipe--I am trying to up the fat-but apparently it did not help me lose any weight-only .5 pounds for the week--that whoosh fairy passed right over my house! maybe I need to exercise you think???? lol Yes-I am doing the coconut oil for my blood sugar and for numerous things--its supposed to be good to ward off alzheimers and for lots of other good things--so I have been cooking with it in place of butter and putting a tbs in each mug of coffee--not the coconut smelling kind-the expeller pressed I think they call it--no odor-I don't even taste it--something has lowered my blood sugar-I have had several low days and just a couple up days but not elevated as much as before so I think it might be the coconut oil? anyway-I am still figuring it out...Anna--the lowest fruit are blueberries and strawberries--I do a lot of those two.

Headed out of town shopping with my friend today--it is supposed to be windy but we will tolerate the wind-lol--praying for all in the path of Sandy--I have a good friend who is in CT- they are prepared but not evacuating--even tho they are in East Haven-right in the beach area.

Anna--hope you come back in again--we are here for you--don't suffer alone! we love you!

Jeanne
Old 10-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #342

Michelle way to go! You have been doing so well! Keep it up and you will go well beyond the goal you set for yourself. You are truly an inspiration to me.

Anna - I am so sorry about your JOB! That stinks. IF this isn't what you are wanting, start looking for something different. Life is too short to stay somewhere that you hate. I was so hoping this would be a great thing for you. You are in my thoughts.

Jeanne - enjoy your day shopping. Looking for anything in particular??? I can't believe that November 1st is Thursday!

Haven had softball this weekend, it is her last tournament now till Spring I am so happy I could just stand up and cheer/dance. They did really well this weekend too. They took 2nd in the tounament and Haven pitched better than she ever had. She was at +18 (18 more strikes than balls thrown). She also had a killer hit that rolled all the way to the fence. I feel a bit bad as I didn't see any of it yesterday. I had church stuff I had to do then I was helping another Mom do the goodies bags for the Fall Party at school on Wednesday. Still a great weekend. Saturday I did see all her games so that was good.

It's MONDAY ladies! It has a way of always creeping right back in on us, doesn't it? I went to another Al-Anon meeting last nigh. I think it is the place I need to be. I need to learn to let my sister be. It is not my fault or within my control. I am slowly learning.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Anna--- Sorry to hear about the job. There is nothing worse then dreading to go to work everyday. I hope things get better for you. Thank you for asking about Sadie. She is doing pretty well. as for my shakes they are made from protein powder, ice cubes, soft tofu, flax seed, chia seeds water, and any D'vinci sugar free syrup I have. I think I have 30 different bottles at any given time. These are so thick , creamy, and delicious.

Jeanne-- Enjoy shopping. And remember a loss is a loss. You are still travelling in the right direction.

Monica--- WTG Haven. She is going to be a pro for sure. I have heard alot of good things about al anon. I know some people who have been going for 40 years. It really helps them. How is she doing?

Menu:
B= Shake
S= As Usual
L= Tuna and mayo
D= Roasted chicken with fried cabbage and bacon
S= 90% chocolate
Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Monica--- WTG Haven. She is going to be a pro for sure. I have heard alot of good things about al anon. I know some people who have been going for 40 years. It really helps them. How is she doing?
I don't know how my sister is doing. Part of Al Anon's thinking is, it isn't my business. She is the abuser, the only person that has control of what SHE does is her. It's not mine to do, worry about or try to fix. I am a control freak so that part of it is difficult, but OH SO liberating at the same time.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #345

I talk to my sister now more than I have in years. We just don't ever discuss drinking, if she has or hasn't, and if she is doing well or not regarding it. I simply told her I was attending and that was the end of needing to discuss alcohol.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #346

Tuesday already. It is the EVE of Halloween! I love Halloween! So fun for the kids. I love sitting there handing out goodies and seeing all the little ones dressed up. This year I will actually have company with Tristan! LOVE THAT! We hand out HUG Drink Jugs to all. Those kids get thirsty out walking and eating all that candy! I hate the drinks and don't trust myself with candy so it is perfect and all the kids LOVE that they have a beverage. Most grab it and immediately drink it. WE usually have over 200 kids. This year the weather HERE is supposed to be perfect. I only have 240 drinks, I may need to go get more. HMMMMM

I will take off work at 2:00 tomorrow. Haven is going as Katniss from the Hunger Games and we are temporarily dying her hair brown. I will help her with that. Then at 4:00 she has 4 friends coming over for pizza and then they will all go ToTing with Dennis. 5 girls for him to try to keep up with. GOOD LUCK TO HIM! It is early out day every Wednesday in Lawrence schools so that makes it nice.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

I like Halloween alot, but I am too shy to greet the people at the door. I decorate and carve the pumpkins and buy the candy, but I can never seem to be brave enough to go to the door, so Marcel does that. We use to get lots of kids but our neighborhood has grown up and there are not that many kids anymore. We only get about 30-40. I'm glad I'm in ketosis now. I have the chocolate bars in the house and no temptation here. I have cut open 4 pumpkins and gutted them. Their seeds are in the oven as we speak. Now I just need to carve them. ????? No ideas for that yet??????

Is everyone safe from the storm down there?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #348

I'm in the middle of the country, so no storms at all here. WE can't see an ocean for anything here. HEck we are probably 15+ hours any direction driving to come even close.

We are carving pumpkins tonight. I think T will do his tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

hello ladies-had a great day shopping with my friend-spent way too much at TJ Maxx--love that store! and really could spend so much more-then went to Biaggi's for lunch-I think that is how you spell it-not a whole lot there for me but it looked wonderful-the bread and oil on the table was hard to resist but I did-I ended up having the cauliflower soup-not really good-very thin with no pieces of cauliflower-I make mine so much better-I figure it was ok-then had the mushroom, sausage appetizers as my entree--they were really good with a wine sauce-I was full when we left..I made it home to turn around and go to my grandson's band concert-they announced there would be a Christmas concert and also a spring concert so I guess we will be hearing alot more of the improvement during the course of the year-It was very cute tho-I told him Bill Clinton had nothing on him--he didn't have a clue! I also got to see the grandtrs picture hanging in the hall where she won a title for running cross country this year-very proud of her for that-If I can get these downloaded later I will share-I have trouble doing it myself and wait for assistance with those downloads!

sounds like everyone is ready for Halloween-we have very few on our country road-we do have a couple of little boys who should be about ready to trick or treat this year so I bought a big box of full size candy bars for the hubs who will take them in his lunch later if not passed out-the grands didn't dress up last year-so they think they are too old--however the grandtr is trick or treating for canned goods for her beta club I believe so I have a bag of canned goods ready for her tonite.

I was supposed to take Mom out shopping today but she passed due to our wind advisory-we have gusts up to 50 mph today so maybe tomorrow.. plus I am waiting for the hubs to get home-something has happened to our furnace-it's not working! the temps in here are down to 62 now and its getting chilly!! I tried calling him but no answer twice-good thing it's not an emergency--maybe the pilot light? I am not technical! hope it's not serious!

Monica-what is a HUG drink jug? I hate being old! 240 kids--that will keep you hopping for sure-bound to be fun!! glad you have Tristan there to help and enjoy with you-I loved it too before we moved to the country and don't get any traffic!

Jeanne
Old 10-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #350

PLEASE DO SHARE THEM!!!!!! If you can email the pics to me, I can post them here for you! I would gladly do that!

Let me see if I can find a picture of it.

I am so glad you went to the concert. What fun! I plan to be the Grandparent that attends it all! Grant it, that will hopefully be in 10+++ years. Still, I want my presence known. Sorry about the furnace. I too am NOT smart about that stuff. Do you have any portable electric heaters? We have 2 so I would be hovering around them if it were me!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Those HUGS are so cute! no wonder the trick or treaters love those! I haven't ever seen them in our area! thanks for sharing

Well--the bil who retired from air conditioning and furnace work came tonite and took a look-not good-he can't fix it-he estimates at least 500 plus and we need to call the Carrier people who put it in-yikes! not a good thing right before Christmas! I am huddling in front of the gas logs-they still have that burnt smell when you burn them since we have only used them about 3 times in 16 years but I am thankful for them tonite-it's been a cold day here with the temp of 62 in the house and the wind blowing so hard-the wind chill has been 32 most of the day..I am hoping it doesn't take too long before someone will come out and be able to repair the furnace-and thankful that this weekend it will remain in the 50s here and not any colder-I can bundle up -I do have an electric mattress pad too--that will be nice tonite!

Thanks for the offer of assistance Monica--I may have to take you up on it!

time to watch a little tv with the hubs

Jeanne

Nite Nite
Old 10-31-2012, 12:04 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
With my 1 year low carb anniversary approaching in 3 days and me being up 15lbs from my lowest weight 6 months ago, I am looking for some motivation to at least help get these re-gained 15lbs off by Thanksgiving so I can finish what I started a year ago and eventually make it to goal.

So here's to reaching 198 by November 22nd!!

Last edited by babycakez; 10-31-2012 at 12:05 AM..
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #353

Jeanne - that STINKS girl! I am so sorry. Nothing worse than HOUSE or CAR REPAIRS. It's not even a fun thing like redoing the Kitchen or something like that! ARGH!!!!! Let us know what you find out!

Baby - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! We chat a lot here. Food, life, you name it. Great group of girls!

Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 AM   #354

I get to leave today at 2:00 p.m. Here are the pumpkins Dennis, Haven and I carved last night!

Tristan was working last night so none of him!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #355

Can you tell, I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Baby. We are here for you!

Jeanne: Sorry to hear about the furnace. Has anyone been by to fix it yet? I hope you are not too cold.

Monica: You are definitly Mrs. Halloween. And once again Haven takes a beautiful picture. I carved some pumpkins yesterday too, but not as nice as yours. I'll try to remember to take pics tonight.

Menu:
B= Shake
S= coffee w/Ab
L= Tuna and mayo
S=Coffee w/AB
D= Bacon and eggs
S= 1 oz pumpkin seeds and 90% chocolate

I don't know what it is but I'm bushed. I can barely stay awake at my desk. And I'm freezing too.
I'll bet I'm coming down with something.

Bye for now.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #357

I hope you aren't coming down with anything either! STAY WELL MICHELLE!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristineP
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 09/10/2012
Down to 182 as of Sunday... ate poorly for two days, I’m blaming on nervous eating during the hurricane

Went back on track last night and today…
Tonight, we’re doing turkey “taco bowls”
No tortillas or shells for me and the mister (if DD wants she can have shells or soft tortillas)
Ground Turkey with taco seasoning, lettuce, green onion, reduced fat sour cream and r/f shredded cheddar… oh and I have some spicy guacamole
Havent’ done “tacos” in along time!
We decided that we are having Thanksgiving on Saturday after Thanksgiving
My step-son got a catering job on T-day… my step-daughter and her fiancé will be hosting some military members who are away from their families, and my DD will be at her aunts house, so to have the whole family around one table, we’re pushing back a few days (my husband feels that Thursday is an arbitrary day for T-day anyway.. he’s becoming a non-conformist in his old age)

Today B: eggbeaters w/ valencia hot sauce
S: veggies
L: chicken and escrole soup
S: 1/3 c cottage cheese w/ sugar fee torani white chocolate syrup
D: Turkey Taco Bowls
ChristineP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #359
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ter4tlc
Stats: 226/199/150
WOE: Atkin's /South Beach
Start Date: October 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle204 View Post
Good morning everyone. Well following induction carb levels for the last 4 days has paid off. I have lost 8 lbs. I know it is water, but it's better than a gain. I am going to stay on induction for the next 33 days (fingers crossed) of this challenge and hopefully lose 8 more lbs.
Have to go ride my bike now, I'll check in a little later.

Have a great day ladies
Great Job Michelle....good luck in the next 33 days!
Teri
Ter4tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls-the furnace guy is here as I type-I have been out all day-too chilly to stay another day in the house-I was so chilled all day yesterday with it 62! How can it be ok to be 62 in the sunlight in the spring but freezing now in the house at 62? I just was chilled to the bone so I took Mom shopping today--I forgot to pick up what I needed--I can't remember anything without a list anymore-duh! we had to wait on a cart for her at walmart-everyone was out today it seemed? anyway-it was good for her to get out-she hasn't been out too much lately.

Michelle-hope you aren't coming down with a bug-hang in there

Monica-is that a pumpkin turtle neck you have on? too cute-Haven and you are both looking so cute-so many places today were dressed in costumes--I loved it-I really want a set of those ears that moved--fascinating! have a great time tonite-I will be thinking about you all! I love enjoying the holiday thru you!! thanks for sharing it with the pics!!

better go-I am hoping we are not paying for an overtime visit for the repair man but since it's almost 6pm I bet we are!

Christine-good to see you!

Babycakes--15 lbs by Thanksgiving is doable!

Later girls