Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanne - get rid of that baggy vest. Just today I shopped for new jeans. I found 2 pair @ size 10. Boxing up the baggy pairs I have to donate to my Mom's garage sale. That gets them out of my closet!!

Michelle - way to go on the 8 pounds girl !!! Thanks for the prayers my sister really needs it!!! Our cruise is set for Christmas.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Monica-congrats on the size 10--see I keep telling you that you look GOOD! now you are seeing the proof!!! size 10!!!! what a feeling to be in a size 10--don't think I ever wore that size-lol--I am so very proud of you for hanging in there--your body has been changing all along!!!

I am so sorry that your sister is still not better--I wish I had the answers--I will also be praying.

I made it through tonite without a problem-did have a couple of lil smokies with wrapped bacon that tasted very sweet so I am not sure if they had something added to them or not but other than that I pulled off the breading to the chicken and had green beans and some cooked cabbage-so much food there I could not eat and the dessert table went on and on!! I had coffee with sf creamer several times instead of dessert--proud that I won't be mad at myself tomorrow now!!! AND I took off that big vest and left it with my sil who loved it--I also promised her to purge my closet of all the other things I no longer wear and that are too big-I have held onto them long enough!!

A christmas cruise will be wonderful--it's with your family right? and some other family members if I remember? I would love to do that very thing some day with my family

cya tomorrow ladies

Jeanne
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Jeanne - get rid of that baggy vest. Just today I shopped for new jeans. I found 2 pair @ size 10. Boxing up the baggy pairs I have to donate to my Mom's garage sale. That gets them out of my closet!!

Michelle - way to go on the 8 pounds girl !!! Thanks for the prayers my sister really needs it!!! Our cruise is set for Christmas.

Way to go on the size 10. Boy it goes to show you that weight isn't everything. I am 5'9" tall and 174 lbs and am a size 16 and maybe sometimes a 14. So I still border at having to buy at the +size shops. I wonder if American sizes are a lot different than Canadian sizes?

Jeanne--- I'm so proud of you for surviving last nights dinner, I knew you could do it. I think we are finally on our way to reaching some goals!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--I read years ago that our sizes are bigger than they used to be in order to meet the trend of the average american woman being a size 14--so I do imagine we have a difference in sizes and a with a change in our own sizes! I don't really like shopping and trying on clothes but I know I have several different sizes in my closet that I can wear so I know different designers and manufacturers do sizes so differently--you just have to try things on to see if they will fit anymore!

I am hoping to continue my basement cleaning this week-it's supposed to be warm so I can open the doors and air out this week--woohoo--love that open air house--I have lots of spots on the carpet down there-so I am hoping to call stanley steemer also this week and see if they can do anything with the old stains-I don't hold out much hope but I don't want to replace that carpeting either -it's a huge big room and would be costly--I am hoping they can do more than I can with those stains-I tried unsuccessfully with a foam cleaner.

Thanks Michelle--we are all together in this battle and we gain strength from each other--thanks for being strong and we all are working in sync now!! woohoo!!

I am down I think about 2 pounds this week--I haven't had a good loss for awhile so I am thankful for that-I have 10.5 to goal now--will not be able to reach that in time for Thanksgiving but will be closer for sure!! maybe by the end of the year --would be a great beginning-would actually think about continuing on lower I think if I could.

hope everyone has a great week on plan and I will be checking in later.

Jeanne
Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbfever
Stats: size 24/10/9
WOE: Clean Eating/Stillmans/LC
Start Date: 2005
Latecomer!

Hi everyone,

I'm a little late in the game, but we still have time until Thanksgiving! =)
I have been struggling to get motivated again (have not been on this wonderful forum in a while!) and remembered how well I did here. I decided that I needed to come back and get my motivation back. It's always wonderful to hear your stories and feel like we're all in this getting healthy together. Thanks!
lowcarbfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #306

Jeanne - way to go on making it through a FOOD FILLED evening. I can only imagine how tough that was. You did great and so glad your SIL will enjoy the Vest! I have 3 pairs of pants I am getting rid of. If they stay in the closet, I will just keep pulling them out to wear them. GONE is where the big stuff needs to go! Let us know how the basement project goes.

Michelle - It is amazing the different SHAPES we all are. I am 5'8" and 170 and my 12's are falling off me. The 3 pants I am getting rid of I could literally pull them down without unbuttoning or unzipping them! FREAKISH! but we do all carry our weight differently. How was your weekend girl??

Lowcarbfever - WELCOME it's never to late to join a group. We talk weight/food/and life here. All are welcome to join in. You can weigh daily, weekly or whatever you are comfortable with.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #307

I survived a good weekend. Friday I took the kids and Tristan's girlfriend (he changed his facebook status to state he is in a relationship ) to the pumpkin patch. It was COLD, but fun! Then I bought them all ice cream. Haven had her sleepover birthday party Friday night and ended up staying in KC till late Saturday night. Saturday I made a photo book for Haven, went shopping with DH and played games with Tristan and his friend who was sleeping over. Sunday was SS/Church then Haven did some shopping and then we had softball practice.

Sunday evening I attended my first Al-Anon meeting. It is a group for families of abusers. I am desparately trying to figure out my ROLE in my sisters addiction. I am quickly learning, I really don't have a role at all except to support her in whichever direction she continues to go in. That is very hard for me as I am a control/goal/take action sort of person. I think I will continue to go listen and learn from that group. They meet every Sunday at 7:00. I am going to try to get my parents and BIL (sister's husband) to attend meetings in their areas. Not sure any of them would be interested.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #308

Food was spot on this weekend. My DD Saturday went really well. Yesterday's up day was in line too.

Too bad my Cardinals lost last night. Wearing my Cardinals shirt today! GO CARDS!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome lowcarbfever! I'm sure you will find the motivation you need here.

My weekend was good and uneventful. I'm a little nervous today though. For the first time since Sadie's stroke or whatever a week ago I have to leave her alone. By the way Sadie is my furbaby.We are donating blood and no one will watch her so I have to leave her for about 2hrs. I'm a little scared to see what we get when we get back home. But I know I can't stay with her forever and what will be will be I guess.

Ate well all weekend.
Today should be no different.
B= Shake
S= Coffee and coconut milk
L= Tuna salad wrapped in butter lettuce
S= Coffee with coconut milk
S= After giving blood....cheese
D=Bacon and eggs
S=Coffee with coconut milk

I'll check in later ladies

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle

Last edited by michelle204; 10-22-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--will be thinking only good thoughts about your baby Sadie--I would be a nervous nelly too--I hate it when I have a sick baby--will be anxious to hear how she does alone.

I had pumpkin flax muffins for lunch-no cream cheese icing this time-thought I could do without that but sure did enjoy the last bunch with the icing.....

welcome to lowcarbfever--I hope you get all the help and motivation you need here--I seem to go in cycles--good and bad-currently doing ok but these girls always bring me back to the right place to keep me on track--you will do well here as long as you keep coming back--that is the key--remaining in a group or challenge I believe helps keeping the motivation or at least the idea of losing in the forefront!

back to work--didn't make it to the basement--started cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry--doesn't take much to sidetrack me!!

no local stanley steemer--no surprise here in hooterville--will have to find somebody else I guess!

later friends

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-22-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

gosh it was beautiful here today-supposed to stay that way for three more days then the rain and cold weather come back--had the house opened up-did a thorough kitchen cleaning and worked on cleaning out the registers and even painted the one that was underneath the trash compactor--it was beginning to get rusty so I painted it a silver metallic metal look -it will look better with the tile than the standard color that registers come in--I may do all of them now!! the hubs said my paint job wasn't the greatest--don't pretend to be an artist but I didn't see him go ahead and paint the others either--Dang DaVinci!!! anyway-the house is open-and its warm-sleeping with the windows open again--woohoo!

Anna--hope you are doing ok--sure do miss you here--are you still watching the sugar?? I think about you often--something must be working right for me--I checked my sugar this morning and it was 78-it has never been that since I got my meter and started checking it--I am not sure what is different--now to get several of those and figure out why!

I ordered coconut oil today--had free shipping so it was time to do that-I have never ordered before-just been getting the LouAnna stuff from Walmart but I ordered a gallon and it was just as cheap to do that with the free shipping--I am not sure if that is helping my sugar but I am cooking and baking with it and also putting it in my coffee in the am-will keep experimenting to figure if that is what is working.

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-22-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #312

It is HOT and HUMID here ! Yesterday was 85*, today supposed to be 82*. I already miss fall! Cold front to hit Thursday, in time for weekend Softball games! Naturally! It's Tuesday, 1 day better than Monday!

I have gotten a lot of my Christmas shopping done. The 2 that are tripping me up is my BIL and my son! My son, the problem is, everything he wants is really high $$$ BIL I got him the practical side gift (what he noted on his slip) now I always like to get who I draw something fun too!!!!! HMMMM
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon everyone,

It seems awfully quiet in here. Have we already lost some of the newcomers??????

Today it is cold and rainy here, but my spirits are up. We left Sadie alone last night for 2 hours while we went to give blood and we returned home to a happy, healthy Sadie. Yahoo!!!!!!

Todays menu:

B=Protein Shake
S= Coffee with almond breeze milk
L= Tuna with mayo and green onions
D= Ribeye steak and brocoli with lots of butter
S= Coffee with coconut milk and 2 pcs. 90% Chocolate

I'm still feeling a bit hungry, hopefully after this week with 2 weeks induction under my size 16 belt I won't be.

How is everyone doing????
Old 10-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle-so glad that Sadie did well being alone-I know that was a relief--hopefully she will do well from now on out!! I have never used coconut milk-is that in the can or the carton? I have bought the can stuff and it is still in the pantry!! I need to be using it!

Monica--I can't believe you are almost done with your Christmas shopping--I have not begun thinking about it--well-I did order my youngest grandson a couple of things I saw on tv already and I give the oldest gtr money for clothes every year-she is easy--she goes clothes shopping after christmas every year!

where are the newbies-? I hope we haven't lost them-

supposed to be 81 today--will hate that cold and rainy this weekend but sure is nice now! I have gotten the cleaning bug-better run!

Jeanne
Old 10-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #315

Michelle sounds like Sadie is doing really well! That is great! I am sure it helped ease your mind a BUNCH!

Jeanne - in part it is because we are celebrating Christmas on Thanksgiving with my family due to the cruise and then on 12/16 with Dennis' family. We are gone from 12/22 - 12/30 so everything needed to be done early. We are opening gifts with the kids on the morning of 12/22. Haven (bless her heart) still believes in Santa and is very concerned he will not find us. Santa is giving $100 to each this year. Easy to pack and give. The only thing we will carry onto the cruise is stockings for the kids. We are arriving in FL the night before our boat leaves and there is a Walgreens right by our hotel. I plan to buy the goodies for their stockings there!

See I have to plan more this year due to our vacation!

Food was good yesterday. Right in line. I am PRAYING for a change on the scale this week! Whoosh fairy, well she better be at my house tomorrow MORNING!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristineP
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 09/10/2012
I am checking in... with no news
my scale hasn't moved... but then again, after last weekend at least I didn't gain anything (we were a little excessive in Atlantic City)
back on plan this week

my breakfasts have been two eggs worth of eggbeaters jazzed up however I can
lunch yesterday: escarole soup with little meatballs
dinner last night: made DD fish tacos, made it into a "bowl" for myself
went to the movies with DD last night, only had two handfulls of her popcorn
lunch today, garden salad w/ hb egg, blue cheese dressing
dinner tonight... salmon (DD isn't gonna be thrilled, but I bought it and defrosted it, so there's no turning back now)
ChristineP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--that is so sweet about Haven believing in Santa--I could just adopt that girl!!

I forgot to mention that my sugar was 67!! this morning--I almost fell to the floor-I haven't been out of the hundreds or the oneteens hardly since I started checking my sugar back in february and now since I am using coconut oil the last four days have been 70s and 80s and now 67--I am shocked--I hope its the coconut oil--I am not sure what else it could be-I also made the coconut pie with it instead of butter... I am still figuring it all out--I am also feeling more energetic--that is a good thing for sure...

praying for that whoosh fairy for you Monica--when she gets done visiting in Kansas--send her to Indiana!!

Christine-good to see you--just keep on looking forward-never back

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-24-2012 at 09:58 AM..
Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #318

Jeanne - way to go!!!!! Sounds like your BS is all in check now. You are too kind girl. Don't say that, I may package her up and send her your way! I do believe she has her doubts but simply doesn't want to talk about it.

Christine - Jeanne is right. Look forward, dust off those crumbs and move on. LIFE HAPPENS!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Looks like we all would like a visit from the whoosh fairy. We all seem to be trying our hardest this time, so I do hope our efforts are rewarded. After losing 8 lbs last week, I'm not holding my breath.

B=Protein shake
L= Tuna with mayo
S= Coffee with almond breeze
D= Hamburger patty with all the fixings and a salad
S= Coffee with coconut milk and 90$ choclate

Jeanne- I really like coconut milk. Mine comes in a can and I dump it into an old mason jar and put it in the fridge. It thickens up super thick and then a spoon a tbsp. or so into my coffee. I really like it.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for the info Michelle--I have heard some people say they pour the liquid off the coconut milk in the can and just use the thick part-it sounds like you use the whole thing? I will have to try it soon and see what I think-thanks for the info

With those menus you are posting I would think that whoosh fairy will be visiting for sure-no doubt!!! keep it going!

I am still trying to figure out what I am doing differently in regard to the blood sugar--I have cut out the peanuts and also the crystal light this week-so that may also have something to do with it?? but I don't think a few peanuts would make that much of a difference? I am still puzzled but thankful!!

Jeanne
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #321

Keep up the good work Jeanne!!!

Michelle - your menus look spot on for LC! I am anxious to see what happens for you come Saturday.

Well, the WHOOSH fairy did INDEED visit me today! I was SHOCKED! I got on the scale twice and the number was the same both times. OWNING It is what I am doing. I was at 170.2 for what seemed like an ETERNITY....and now I am 166.8! LOVE THAT. Officially I have lost over 20 pounds since April...talk about slow! Now if I can just keep up my momentum! I would love to be 15X anything by cruise time!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #322

Plans for the weekend ladies????

When we walked this morning it was 72*, it is now just 4 hours later and it is 48*. Talk about a drop in temps!!!!! Supposed to keep dropping during the day. Certainly it won't get much colder today, DURING The day, right???? Tomorrow high in the 40's but Sat/Sun in th e50's and Sunny. Haven has her last softball tournament this weekend. I am happy on so many levels! Tristan wants to take Aimee to the movies on Saturday too. It will be a busy day. Sunday is confirmation at our church, Tristan and I will be busy with that. Sunday afternoon I am helping another Mom do the goodie bags for the Fall parties come Wednesday for Haven's class. I can't believe November 1st is one week from today!!?!?!?!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo Monica--that is one heck of a whooosh---I am soooo happy for you--you have been so dedicated to JUDDD and staying the course-and it paid off for you--you make me proud with your staying power and up attitude!!! congratulations!!!

sounds like a busy weekend ahead but a wonderful one! that cool change is head our way--this is the last day of good weather-the house is still open and I am enjoying it-will be pulling up my geraniums and letting them dry a little before putting them away for the winter.. hate to do that-they are at their prettiest right now..

my bs was up today to 98-not terrible but 30 points higher than yesterday-who knows why? still puzzled about the whole thing but will keep on figuring it out..

Colton-my 11 year old grandson invited me to his first concert monday nite--he is just learning the saxophone--it should be good--his parents say they are having a hard time being in the house and dread winter coming when the house will be closed up and they can't escape or send him outside to practice! lol

later friends

ps-I like that Tristan had a status change--cute-wonder how long that lasts when you are young?

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-25-2012 at 08:39 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go Monica. Your hard work and dedication paid off. I'm sure with your momentum now you will be 150 something by cruise time. Is Dennis still doing JUDDD?

Jeanne--- I wish I could help with the blood sugar issues. I know nothing about that. I have never tested mine. I don't even know what's good or bad.

As for the coconut milk I do use it all. When it thickens in the fridge I just shake it up in the jar before I use it and it is still plenty thick.

You gals are so kind to say my menus should show a loss, but we all know it depends if the body wants to give up any weight this week.LOL

Today;
B= Shake
S= Coffee with coconut milk
L= Shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce
S= Coffee with almond breeze
D= Pan seared shrimp in garlic butter and tossed salad
S= Coffee with coconut milk and 90% chocolate

No weekend plans here. Boring as usual.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #325

Jeanne - that is hilarious about your grandson and the sax. I am sure that will be us next year. Haven wants to play the clarinet! OH MY! Yes, this morning it was quite warm walking and I just went outside to get the mail and it is C O L D!!!!!!!

Michelle - Dennis is still doing JUDDD but he is in maintenance. He lost 40 pounds and is at 195 and that is where he feels comfortable. He and I argue a lot about me wanting to lose (now) 8 pounds. He feels it is too much and I always have to remind him. I am a GIRL we are supposed to be smaller. Once I get to 164 I am in the 100% normal BMI range so that is a start. I just would like to get into the 150's...ya know. I have a GUT and I think at the 150's I will be able to wear a size 8 and that is my ultimate goal. Now I am in a 10 for almost everything...8 would be awesome!

I am the first to admit that MENU sometimes has nothing to do with what the scale shows. As women our bodies tend to lose on it's own timeframe! DANG IT!

Dennis made GF Pumpkin muffins last night. Yesterday was a DD and it about killed me smelling it....but today, after lunch, I am scarfing one down! I can't wait. Pumpkin chocolate chip! YUM!!!!!!!!!!! The kids love them!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

just looked at what my bmi should be to get into the healthy range my weight should be 145 at the minimum--I was afraid of that--I am struggling to get to 148 and now I need to lower it--I suspected that all along--will get to that 148 number and go from there--thanks for alerting me to the bmi calculator--it's been awhile since I looked at it

why o why couldn't I be 6' tall!

Michelle-you are not boring--I enjoy hearing about you and what you do--silly woman

Monica-I can't believe you have a husband who bakes--I am green with envy!

Last edited by jbatchelor; 10-25-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #327

Jeanne - not only does he bake, he is really really GOOD at it. The pumpkin muffins are amazing. I am so thankful I only brought 1 to work with me. I would eat them all if they were here!!!!!! Keep in mind the BMI is not full proof, it is just another gauge. Dennis would have to get to like 188 (10 pounds more gone) to be in healthy range. He would look HORRIBLE at that weight!

I agree, I am not overweight, I am UNDER tall!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I agree, I am not overweight, I am UNDER tall!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #329

Good FRIDAY morning ladies! How is everyone today? Yesterday, as I indicated, when I walked it was 72*, TODAY 31* with a strong wind. Don't even want to know what the wind chill was! LOL No need to hear. We made it though. I will need to bundle up better next time. I am still chilled to the BONE!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Brrr--baby it's cold outside! get yourself some almond milk hot chocolate Monica--what a difference a day makes--your weather made it to Indiana too--43 outside now--it was 69 yesterday morning--supposed to be a high of 51 today--dang it I was enjoying that warm weather so much--they say the first average snow is November 19 so I guess we can't stop mother nature?

Yippee for Friday for all you working gals--I know how much that means! I am so glad to be retired most days but miss the fun part of working with friends...not the getting up everyday part.

Nothing much planned here for the weekend-I think the guys will hunt and I am planning some decluttering and cleaning--still working on that and will be forever I think-since the son moved into a bigger house-I have lots of his stuff that needs to go there--he will be surprised someday when I take it and deposit it on his doorstep!

have a great weekend girls-I will report in later

Jeanne