Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/187/170
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
The skin is the best part!
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

It is cold and rainy here today. Winter is very much on the way.

Meal plan for today:

B= Protein shake
S= Coffee w AB
L= Tuna with mayo and green onions
S= Coffee w AB
D= Pan seared chicken brest with a yogurt tomato sauce?
S= 3 pce 90% Lindt

I've stuck to my menu plans so far this week so I hope today is no different.

Monica where are you?????????
Old 10-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Monica-- Good luck with the paperwork. You seem a litlle distant lately. Anything we can do?
Sorry girl, WORK is insane lately, plus it is conferences at T's school. Me, the FOOL that I am, agreed to coordinate conference meals for the teachers! STUPID ME!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #274

Quote:
to be honest with you, he was losing weight so much more than me, I was a little jealous, so even if it slows his weight loss, I’m so competitive that I’m secretly a little glad he cheats here and there)
I am the EXACT same way. That is the only negative I have had with Dennis and I both doing JUDDD. He has lost 40 pounds and is at what he wanted as a goal weight and here I sit, still wanting to lose 11 pounds. It makes me mad to watch him cheat and then drop 2 - 4 pounds. MEN, sometimes we just have to HATE them!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #275

Jeanne - I am so glad you got your Mom's eyes worked on. I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to have iffy vision, let alone almost none. I have never even had to wear glasses my vision has always been that GREAT!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #276

Quote:
PS Monica how are you? It's not like you to be away so long!
You are right, I prefer to touch base a couple times a day. It keeps me in line. Honestly, LIFE has gotten completely overwelming for me. Work has literally been insane and the owner, who rests a lot on me, lately has decided I am the better person for all the decisions. I have just been swamped. Then with conferences this week and ME agreeing to head them....IDIOT is what I am. Honestly, I snap at this teacher who agreed to let me into the building, then she forgot and I sat outside for 30+ minutes waiting. The Assistant Principal was like, Monica, you are a go to person. If people want something done, they GO TO YOU then they know it will be handled and they don't even have to think about it. I guess I am tired of being everyone's WORKER HORSE! I need to learn. So I have been a bit down lately AND I have had to take HOURS of work home with me. Sorry to be a downer, I do typically try to stay very upbeat!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #277

couple all this with the fact we interviewed and hired a person here at work this week (owner thought that was a great thing for me to do), my assistant is WAY Behind. I honestly didn't realize how behind she was till today. She has 2 weeks worth of payables to enter, almost 3 weeks worth of stuff to file AND our quarterly entries for 3rd quarter are not all completed! I got so busy I didn't have time to check up on her. She and I will need to have a chat and those type of discussions I HATE! I don't like to point out where people are falling short and yet, I just keep working more and more to make sure I don't fall behind...yet no one else does.

DOWNER is what I am!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ter4tlc
Stats: 226/199/150
WOE: Atkin's /South Beach
Start Date: October 2012
New here....

Yes, thank you. I would love to jump into the 2012 challenge. I'm onboard. I just started and it's a tough go since I love my carbs, but I know they wreck havoc on my body, so I am going to eat no/low carb from here out....looking forward to much support from reading all of your inspiring threads.... Thanks again, Teri....in California
Ter4tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #279

That being said, I am really trying today to PULL myself out of this FUNK! I have spilled and hopefully that will make me feel better.

Food has been good this week. I have logged everything and have been inline with what I am supposed to be doing. No scale for me this week. Incase it stays where it is, I don't need that negative working against me in addition to the rest.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #280

Teri - welcome. WE love new people here. It's a great group of girls here.

Where in CA are you? I am in the Kansas City area.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/174.5 /148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Yippee Monica is back home I was beginning to worry but knew you had said your work was busy--I hope you can get caught up and not take things home--that is not good at all--no relaxing time for you--try to breathe deep and stay calm--easy for me to say--altho it does sound like you are the team leader and my type of person--you are always in demand for a reason!!! they know you can be counted on to complete a task!!

Teri-welcome to the group--pull up a chair and get cozy

I am going to make a blender coconut pie tomorrow to take to the hubs big fall gathering--at least I hope I get a piece of it to keep me from eating all of the wrong other things--with a 100 people I better grab a piece during the 1st round of food! I am really dreading it--I have no willpower away from home--grr -hate to admit I am so weak around food but it is the truth-sweets have a hold on me that no other food does!

I made more pumpkin flax muffins today-I used some syntrax fuzzy navel protein powder in them--its only 1/4 cup but I have tried to use this stuff every which way and its the worst pp I have ever tasted-this was one way to disguise this mess and be able to use it--at 1/4 c at a time it will take a long time to use this jug up!! but I hated to throw it away!

Michelle--way to go --I knew you would get it together--It was only when!!
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristineP
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 09/10/2012
Dear Monica

You and I have very similar personalities
Sometimes, we just don’t know how to tell people “no” when we really should
We over extend ourselves for other people and then THEIR lives are easier and WE wind up mental and physical wrecks

I have a little cautionary tale for you:

About five years ago, I was asked to #1 help my Dad out with Christmas Eve dinner, #2 Make Christmas Dinner for my family, #3 help my sister out with her blossoming catering business with Christmas Party food for a job and #4 make beef wellington for our neighbor, who would GLADLY pay me to help out (she was having a dinner party with guests from her new husbands family, who were from England)

I said “yes” to everyone

Christmas night my (then boyfriend) husband drove me to the emergency room, thinking I was having a heart attack… I got thru everything, I made everyone happy and in the meantime, was letting the stress build up so much… that when I finally was able to ‘relax’ something clicked inside my body and it just shut down in the most painful scary way

It turned out it was a combination of straining my back in a weird way and my blood pressure was through the roof, like a delayed reaction anxiety attack

I am still the type that will sometimes take on too much, but I have learned a very valuable lesson, and that is you can’t ALWAYS do EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY

Sometimes you have to say “no” and be okay with it

Miss jbatchelor, may I please have the recipe for that blender coconut pie
YUMMY!
ChristineP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #283

Christine, I know you are right and I am going to take steps for just that. The parent organization I am on for my son's school really only has 4 active members. For a school with 840 students that sucks. I agreed to do conference meals thinking some of the other 3 would help...it didn't really happen that way. Next meeting I will state, I will NOT do conference meals in the spring. I will bring food, help, but I am not going to be in charge. My job, is what it is. The owner relies heavily on me and he pays me! Honestly most people think Dennis and I own the company. It's good he has such faith and we make a great wage...so that is the part I need to focus on!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Jeanne - I hate all things coconut. So sorry, that pie blender or otherwise to me sounds YUCK!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #284

Also, for the record a MAJOR character flaw of mine is the inability to let loose of a little control. I am constantly working on this. I have gotten better over the years, but still have a TON of room to work on it.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #285

OH and as of today 10/18 I have been following JUDDD for 6 months. I would guess that the last 3 months, I have acted more like I was at goal! but hoping the next 2 months show more movement.

The 17.2 pounds I lost was in 3 months.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

here you go Christine

Coconut Cream Pie
4 eggs
¼ cup butter
¼ t salt
2 t coconut extract (flavoring)
2 t vanilla
½ t baking powder
1 cup unsweetened coconut
2 cups heavy cream
½ cup Splenda--I use 2/3 c Erythritol w/ a dab of stevia instead

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a 9 inch pie pan.
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into prepared pie pan and bake for approximately 1 hour until top is golden brown and set. Cool. Store in refrigerator overnight to give the “crust” time to better set up. Top with whipped cream prior to serving.

Total net carbs are 31. Each 1/8th of the pie piece has 4 carbs.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Monica--I used to be coconut hater too--but now I eat about anything sweet! lol!! I used to not eat the hubs cheap oatmeal cookies from walmart but I like those now too! not a good thing!!

Christine--sounds like you learned a valuable lesson! I think women as a whole try to be all things to all people much to their detriment and their health especially...we come last when handing out care to ourselves...sad but true-there just isn't enough time for us..pay attention Monica, Michelle, and now Anna to what the lesson Christine is sharing--I would hate to have something happen to my friends like that!

Monica--anytime you can maintain for 6 months is a victory in my book--don't think it is not!!! you are doing great and you look great!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #288
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Teri - welcome. WE love new people here. It's a great group of girls here.

Where in CA are you? I am in the Kansas City area.
Hi again....I am outside of the Los Angeles area. Just 20 min. north, up by the mountains. It looks like you have been doing great. Keep up the good work! I am starting to get on track. This support should help a lot. Thanks for your response. Teri
Old 10-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #289

Teri - I love the San Fran area of CA. My husband and I went there for a nice long weekend back in February. I have said, ever since, if I could live anywhere and money and family and work were a NON issue, I would live there.

Tell us about yourself!

I am 42 year old working Mom of 2. My son is Tristan he is 13 and my daughter is Haven she is 11! I have been married to Dennis for 15 wonderful years. I am truly blessed!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #290

It's Friday ladies! Today, I came into work at 6:30 and plan to leave at 1:00. The kids are home today from school and wanted to go to the pumpkin patch. I LOVE FALL, so I happily agreed. T's friend, that's a girl (I refuse to state it is his girl friend) is coming along with us. It will be a really fun time. It's an up day too, so I love that. Tonight will be pizza and wine with my hubby!

Haven has a sleep over birthday party tonight and tomorrow night T is having a friend come stay over. Sunday is church, softball practice and cleaning! It's a really nice relaxing weekend for us! LOVE THAT!

What are your plans????
Old 10-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Welcom Teri! Nice to meet you. Support is where it's at. You will get plenty of that here.

Christine--Thanks for sharing your story. I use to be like that, but it was more of a mental breakdown thing that made me change. Unfortuneately now I think I have gone too far over to the other side and don't take on enough. I seem to have an excuse to get out of everything.

Monica-- I sure missed you and was so worried. Now that you tell me you are over working yourself I am even more worried for you. Take it easy this weekend and regroup . Enjoy your family.

Jeanne-- Your coconut blender pir sounds great. I will try it when I up my carbs again. Right now I'm redoing for the 100th time induction. I want 3 solid weeks of clean eating so I can get in the right mind set. I have been allowing myself to have little treats after a few days and look where that has gotten me. I WILL do this right this time

PS : For Christine and Teri ...I am Michelle. I have been married to Marcel for 23 years. We have two furbaby dogs... Sadie 16yrs9mnth and Ben 6 years old

Hello Anna!

Today's menu:

B= Protein shake
S= Coffee w AB
L= 3 Devilled eggs
S= Coffee with AB
D= Pot roast with cauliflower mash.
S= Coffee with AB and 3 pcs. 90 % Chocolate

I need to finish this journey once and for all!
I know somewhere inside of me I have the strength and commitment...I just need to find it.

Michelle
Old 10-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChristineP
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 09/10/2012
Hi all, scale still not moving, stuck at 185.5 (or hovering thereabouts)
(grrr)
AM: eggbeaters
S: cottage cheese
L: leftover haddock and escarole
S: apple
D: ?? Probably getting chicken over salad

Last night: went out to eat with the family…my daughter (13) wanted Outback, we got there and there was a line so we ditched that and her second choice was a sushi buffet… she doesn’t get to choose often so I said OK

Hubs ate sushi till his hearts content… he decided to take the day off of low carbing, (but didn’t eat anything with gluten, we think he may be gluten sensitive)

I had some sashimi, grilled chicken, green beans, fish and a seaweed, cucumber salad
DD ate her fill of sushi

Tomorrow… up early to take my daughter to an 8am 5K for a food bank in the area, she’s volunteering, not running, then after that they’re having a pancake breakfast for the volunteers
Then off to Atlantic City… we’re having dinner at the Knife & Fork again (we loved it there last time) and then seeing Don Rickles at Trump Taj Mahal
It’s our anniversary weekend
We’ve been together since 2001, but just got married in 2008 so we’re still “newlyweds” kinda… I guess LOL

Sunday, back home early to get DD to the YMCA< the teen leadership group she’s with is taking a trip to an amusement park that’s all decked out for Halloween

Busy, busy weekend ahead of me… I just have to get thu this day at work today (yuk)
Just found out that another project has been dumped on my plate…. At least my ‘supervisor’ (who incidentally is on her way out of the supervisory position) told me about this one… last ‘project’ that I got, I just learned about this week… and we’ve had it for three weeks now… she’s been ‘handling it for me’ even though it’s got my name all over it (there I go with the control issues too)
Glad she’s on her way out of a supervisory position, I really like and professionally admire the young woman who is taking her place, looking forward to some positive changes in my department

Me: I’m 43, hubs is 57… our kids are 32, 27, 23 and 13) girl, boy, girl, girl
27 year step-son old lives at home (grr) he has a son who lives with us part time too, our grandson is 20months old…. And keeps me on my toes!
My stepdaughter lives about 4 hours away from us and is engaged and getting married in July… her husband to be is 41… and has a daughter who is 19 (that means I have a 19 year old grand daughter at the ripe old age of 43 LOL)
My 23 year old daughter is married and has two kids of her own
One is 2 months old (girl) and the other is two years old (boy) I don’t get to see them… (it’s a sad story… there’s a rift between her and I… largely due to her husband)
ChristineP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #293

Quote:
Monica-- I sure missed you and was so worried. Now that you tell me you are over working yourself I am even more worried for you. Take it easy this weekend and regroup . Enjoy your family.
Michelle, you are too kind! Thank you so much! I literally had to just block off the internet and get things done. Couple all that was going on here this week with the fact my sister's alcohol problem has only gotten worse....I worry so much that I will get a call that she is dead. Please pray that the intervention we are planning for next week works! This time we are taking her to an AA meeting!

Christine - such a diverse family! Do what you can to heal the rift. Life it way too short and precious. Maybe make time to see her when HE isn't around???

I get to leave early today! WOOHOO! Just 1 more hour
Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #294

Oh and Michelle, total RELAXATION weekend for me. We have no softball and such. I will clean house, laundry and VEG! Watch movie, watch the Cardinals...that kind of stuff.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Anniversary Christine!!! you are newlyweds!!

welcome Teri! if I haven't already welcomed you to our group? my senile mind is well---senile!!

tomorrow is the big family fall gathering--I am dreading it as I have been truly good this week with my eating and don't want to blow it--but know my weakness-I am planning on eating I think before I go-but that won't help when I see all those desserts!! just have to hope I can make it

Michelle-glad to hear you are doing so well-I am so happy for you

Monica--enjoy your fall weekend and the pumpkin patch!

Anna--hope your job is going well---miss you

have a great weekend everyone

Jeanne
Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #296
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Teri - I love the San Fran area of CA. My husband and I went there for a nice long weekend back in February. I have said, ever since, if I could live anywhere and money and family and work were a NON issue, I would live there.

Tell us about yourself!

I am 42 year old working Mom of 2. My son is Tristan he is 13 and my daughter is Haven she is 11! I have been married to Dennis for 15 wonderful years. I am truly blessed!
Hi....I am 55 and am currently living with my Mom and my partner of 5 years. Helping my Mom out...she is 83, but still very active. We have 4 cat's and Mom has one....keeps us busy. I have worked for the past 15 years as a conservator/personal assistant, and my partner works as an inspector for Southern Ca. Edison. I am happy to see such an active group that shares a lot of great info. Thanks for the support. By the way, I love San Francisco and I get up that way as often as possible....
Old 10-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #297
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbatchelor View Post
Happy Anniversary Christine!!! you are newlyweds!!

welcome Teri! if I haven't already welcomed you to our group? my senile mind is well---senile!!

tomorrow is the big family fall gathering--I am dreading it as I have been truly good this week with my eating and don't want to blow it--but know my weakness-I am planning on eating I think before I go-but that won't help when I see all those desserts!! just have to hope I can make it

Michelle-glad to hear you are doing so well-I am so happy for you

Monica--enjoy your fall weekend and the pumpkin patch!

Anna--hope your job is going well---miss you

have a great weekend everyone

Jeanne
Thanks for the welcome ! Teri
Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone. Well following induction carb levels for the last 4 days has paid off. I have lost 8 lbs. I know it is water, but it's better than a gain. I am going to stay on induction for the next 33 days (fingers crossed) of this challenge and hopefully lose 8 more lbs.
Have to go ride my bike now, I'll check in a little later.

Have a great day ladies
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo Michelle that is awesome news---I know how good that makes you feel!!! --Keep it going and you will be at goal before you know it!

Teri--My mom is 87 and will be 88 in December--she too has been very active in the past but is really showing her age more and more these past couple of years-I spend more and more time there--she is still very independent and would never think of moving into my home but I wonder what time will bring-I quit my job to help her take care of my dad when he had alzheimers and spent most days there and many nites so she could sleep-thankfully she has no signs of it-I hope I take after her--we just buried my brother who had early onset alzheimers and was diagnosed at 53 so I try to stay ketogenic to keep my brain as healthy as I can!

I need to keep that in mind today during the big food fest-I put on a vest I just have had a hard time getting rid of--its a size 22 with a fall pumpkin theme--just too cute to pitch but have decided this is my last time wearing it--it's time to quit wearing anything baggy even if its cute-I will see if my sil wants it before I leave the party tonite! just to make sure I don't bring it home!

We love our pets in here too Teri--I have a schnuggle--a half mini schnauzer and half puggle-(pug and beagle) she will be 4 on valentines day--and a very old siamese who we got from the shelter--our other 2 cats have passed and one very special airedale who I still miss daily. I am sure the cats bring you lots of love.

well-I need to finish my prep and find something to eat-I am planning on eating prior to the party and I made the blender coconut pie to have when I return this evening so I can plan on having my own treat at home later--maybe that will keep me legal?

later friends

Jeanne
Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Michelle, you are too kind! Thank you so much! I literally had to just block off the internet and get things done. Couple all that was going on here this week with the fact my sister's alcohol problem has only gotten worse....I worry so much that I will get a call that she is dead. Please pray that the intervention we are planning for next week works! This time we are taking her to an AA meeting!

Christine - such a diverse family! Do what you can to heal the rift. Life it way too short and precious. Maybe make time to see her when HE isn't around???

I get to leave early today! WOOHOO! Just 1 more hour
So sorry to hear your sister has reverted to her old ways. I will pray that your intervention works. Aren't you suppose to go on a cruise with her this winter or coming spring?