Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Goal for September: 210 lbs.

9/3/2012 - 220.6 lbs.
9/4/2012 - 220.4 lbs.
9/5/2012 - 219.6 lbs.
9/6/2012 - 218.6 lbs.
9/7/2012 - 217.8 lbs.
9/8/2012 - 215.0 lbs.
9/9/2012 - 214.4 lbs.
9/11/2012 - 214.8 lbs.
9/12/2012 - 214.4 lbs.
9/13/2012 - 217.0 lbs.

Don't even ask. One thing led to another then led to a binge. I am back on track and I will NOT go off anymore. So mad at myself for doing that. Work week has been very busy for me. Need to leave at 5:30am tomorrow to drive to an all day meeting (bringing some of my foods). I will be stay over tomorrow night so no weighing or measuring food. I might just fast for the day until I come home Saturday morning.

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Today is UD and I hope it goes smooth.

Thanks Jeanie for posting the menu. I don't know if I could survive on so little protein. Maybe I do have to try it one day to know for sure. Perhaps there is some truth to extra protein turing into glucose. I was actually thinking, next time when the binge urge arrives I will eat a 1 tsp of ghee (clarified butter) and see if this takes care of the urge, since meat and eggs don't really take care of the cravings. You usually hear to eat more protein if you crave carbs, that never really worked for me as I always eat lots of protein to begin with.

Cathy- I am sorry about your binge. Don't punish yourself and fast only you feel like it. Maybe you can bring some low carb foods with you, like HB eggs or cooked meat in the cooler.

Stepinthyme- I usually don't a problem eating all my UD calories. You can easly add few calories by adding more fat to your food (olive oil, butter, mayo, full fat yogurt, cream, etc). It really can add up quickly. Also, nuts are so calorie dense that 1 oz of walnuts is about 200 cal. Just measure it ut though, and if they provoke any cravings stay away from them (they are usually a trigger food for me if I have them in the evening).

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

I did bring some of my foods with me, so far so good today. Scale is only .8 up from before the binge. Just a bad week with needing food for comfort.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

I did well yesterday only till the afternoon when I started binging again. I tried very hard not to get into fruits. I just ate more meat and fat and but after 2 hours the cravings were stronger than me. So this morning feeling disgusted with me myself, I have decided that all carbs have to be out of the house. I packed all the nuts, fruits, yogurt and honey and in the bag and gave it to my husband to take it to work. I told him to leave the nuts there and only bring back the yogurt. I don't want to see that stuff during PMS. Today is DD and I am doing well (sure I am so stuffed from yesterday). I think if I don't have these foods around me, I will not binge (although I know I can just get in the car and buy it, but I WILL NOT!!!).

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

How is everybody? Where is everybody?
I had a great day yesterday and today so far is fantastic
Old 09-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Glad your doing well Marika. I have been out of control the last 2 days.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Waving to all, I hope things work out good for you jeaniem.

So far so good, no binge for me, knock on wood.
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stepinthyme
Stats: 289/???/190 - 5'-8"
WOE: Low Carb/Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart January 2014
Yesterday was way over on allotted calories. Not a binge as such, but was eating here and there all day, and when I tallied my calories for the day was not happy. Fortunately, JUDDD is very forgiving, and I'm having a really good DD today. I am finding that I have less problems with binges/overeating if I map out what I'm going to eat either the day before or right away in the morning and log it (which I did not do yesterday)...
stepinthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

I had another good day. Today was a DD and it is going smoothly (so far). I am still amazed how much easier are down days than up days.

Jeanie- sorry to hear that hun Have you ever tried eating pickles when the cravings strike? I just started eating them few days ago and they work great for a quick low cal snack.

Stepinthyme-that's so true that JUDD is forgiving.

Scalestepper- keep up the good work!!!

Cathy- how are you doing?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Doing good (just hungry today). Thankfully it is an UD. I ate most of my calories for the day already and it is only 1 PM. I don't have any nuts or yogurt in the house (thanks goodness), but I do have 3 pears staring at me. I forgot to pack them with my DH. I will not eat them, I will not eat them!!!

How are you all doing?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

I have been a bad, bad girl. i really need someone to slap me silly or into reality. I feel so bad today and I know it is based on how I have been eating for the last two days. I WILL GET BACK ON TRACK TOMORROW!!! I am having asthma trouble again and I know it is based on the wheat I have been eating.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Checking in with everyone--I hope you're all doing well with the no-binge challenge! After a very busy week (both work and home life) I am pleased to say that I only had one day that was above what I should have eaten. I have been reading a book when I have a few minutes to spare, and I definitely recommend it. The book is called Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen. I had seen quite a few posts on this board about the book, ordered it, and am about halfway through the book. There is some seriously good stuff in that book, and I highly recommend anyone struggling with binge issues to read it. I won't say that I'm not having the temptations to binge, and I did have a day this week that was about 300 calories over my allotment--but after reading the book, I'm looking at those urges with a completely different perspective. I think eventually I'm going to be able to kick this habit in much the same way as I've been able to stay away from cigarettes for 2 years...best wishes to everyone...please post how you are doing!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I sure am glad I spoted this thread. This time last year I was realy doing well with not
bingeing but after losing about 35 lbs I reverted to my old ways and gained it all back.
So today is my first binge free day in I guess 4 or 5 months. I seem to do fine if I only
eat at the table but when I eat in bed while reading or watching TV I am totaly out of
controle. So today all my eating was while I was at the diner table for the first time in
4 or 5 months. It's almost funny one of my Dr's has a picture of a cook overeating with one hand while he is reading the diet book in his other hand. Well hopeing everone else is doing well with there program.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I sure am glad I spoted this thread. This time last year I was realy doing well with not
bingeing but after losing about 35 lbs I reverted to my old ways and gained it all back.
So today is my first binge free day in I guess 4 or 5 months. I seem to do fine if I only
eat at the table but when I eat in bed while reading or watching TV I am totaly out of
controle. So today all my eating was while I was at the diner table for the first time in
4 or 5 months. It's almost funny one of my Dr's has a picture of a cook overeating with one hand while he is reading the diet book in his other hand. Well hopeing everone else is doing well with there program.
Welcome E.W.!
I see that you are JUDDD-ing also. The JUDDD BUDDD's are truly wonderful indeed. I decided to come out from lurking on LCF, mainly because I've come to realize that the only way I'm going to successfully get to my goal weight and maintain it is with support. After an incredibly stressful move (the second move halfway across the US in 2 years) and an ankle injury, I am now having to re-lose 25 pounds, and continue on to goal. Thankfully, the JUDDD board is the most supportive online community I've ever seen, and it's been most helpful to read the threads and posts there.
Keep us updated on how you are doing!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #45
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
the magic is starting to happen.

i am beginning to eat respectable portions. I dropped Induction as it was not working for me anymore. I was too prone to temptation. I am now consuming an OWL program averaging 40-50 gr net carbs (but nutritious carbs)incl a little fruit, and i mean a little. Also, salads. I feel LIBERATED. i am also feeling physically better. For lunch I had a scoop of chicken salad sitting on a big dark green leaf (which i ate). there were also 8 grapes in the platter. I also got an egg salad platter. I was afraid that the chicken salad platter would not be enough. i no longer enjoy the feeling of button busting fullness. As long as i am not hungry-hungry. I am now gonna wash it down with some diet Dr. Pepper. HEWMONS, I think this is gonna work. oh btw, the egg salad platter is safely in the fridge for tomorrow. Good luck to us all. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #46

surprising myself at how much fun it is to do this.

especially, trimming away caloric intake. 1 T of mayo in my 2 hard boiled eggs, instead of the usual 2 or 3. 1 3/4 oz portion of cream cheese on my low carb bread instead of 2. The most difficult part is eating S L O W L Y. The way i do that is eating while being on the computer, or watching tv. That slows me down.Really anything that takes my hands away from the food, between mouthfuls. If i am at table with others, dinner conversation slows me down. At the diner, i ALWAYS take home 1/2, as it is a great way to stretch my slip of latinum. Another thing i just thought of is using Dreamfields pasta as part of a stirfry, so that 1 portion can be made to look like 2. I honestly do not know to what degree these changes for the better will enhance my weight loss. But if it makes me feel better, it is worth it. FF
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad you are doing well Flat!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Checking in--very happy to report I've been binge free for almost a month. I've eaten over my calorie allotment twice, but not to extremes. Like you, Flatferenghi, I stayed at induction level carbs way too long. I'm doing JUDDD now, but low carb style. Even so, I increased my total carbs to 30-50, and that is allowing me to eat the veggies I've been wanting for a very long time. This week does seem to be a pivotal week for me--I haven't felt this controlled about my eating for over a year.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
everyone! I'm thankful to report I am binge free. I'm sorry I haven't been checking in.
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Way to go everyone! I am doing okay, not 100% binge free but more good days than bad.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!!!
I have been binge-free for 2 weeks since I started leptin reset combining it with 2 JUDD down days a week.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #52

i was at a family bash up in the pokonos

the 2 meals a day were buffet. The miracle is that I kept on plan, and observed portion control. only 1 trip up to bat, as it were. 1/2 the food on the plate was salad and veggies. I did break some records vis-a-vis the consumption of diet soda, coffee, and unsweetened tea. But i also drank lots of water. I avoided the temptation of room service. I was home all day yesterday with a bad hamstring (which is improving), i had only 1 meal-lunch at 1 pm. It was a large shrimp and broccoli (no cornstarch, no flour, no sugar), and 1 large order of ribs(no bbq sauce). If I was hungry, I was just too lazy to do anything about it. The important thing was I never felt deprived. Nobody was watching what I ate. Nobody cared. I really feel pride about this. If it is a boast, so be it. Later, HEWMONS! FF
Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Job- flatferenghi !!!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #54

SANE eating will probably never come NATURALLY to me.

It is something i will ALWAYS have to work at. I do not call 1 off-plan meal (both quantity & quality)a binge, if it is just that 1 time. It is when I do a con tinuous re-play of that off-plan experience that it becomes a binge. So far, so good. FF
Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #55

winning the portion control issue.

i actually ate less than the allotted amount of food i had set for myself last night. i was WELL within the 60 WW daily points. I was not about to forcefeed myself just to get in the 60 points. Although, I moved up to OWL, I found that yesterday I consumed only 17 net carbs. That happens sometimes. Adding in my lc toast (2 slices twice a day=6 net grams)was the best strategy yet. the fiber in this bread helps greatly with hunger issues. within 10 minutes of the last chew and swallow, the satiety sets in, and the smile goes on. FF
Old 10-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #56

just checking in.

all is well. i expect that trend will continue. FF
Old 10-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

flatferenghi- glad to hear you are doing well

I have been doing pretty good myself. Had a mini binge on Tuesday, but been good since then.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #58

the best way to avoid a binge....

is for us to include satisfying food in our daily plans. Also, not to let too much time elapse between feedings. That allows our blood glucose to drop too low, thus creating the kind of hunger that (in my case) refuses to be appeased. Evenings and weekends ARE the most challenging times. I postpone dinner till about 8 pm. OR I break up my dinner into 2 parts, with the option of eating the 2nd 1/2 if necessary. I also drink a lot of liquid, and keep both hands busy as often as possible. Sometimes, I juist lie down, watching tv, grasping some beveridge low to zero carb, and sipping from time to time. Also singing sometimes. You cannot sing and eat simultaneously. Weekends, i am usually grazing(and tracking what i eat and drink all the time). I save my substantial meal for the evening. These are just some of the strategies that have kept me binge free in Oct. Planning IS essential!!! FF
Old 10-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #59

stuck in the house for the duration of Sandy

from 10:30am Sunday through 6:30am today when i left for work. all alone with the fridge. I stayed true to WW and lc. I practiced portion control all the way through. I even did something which was ALWAYS out of character (up until now). After my meatloaf cooled to room temperature. I sliced it as evenly as I could. then I put each slice into a plastic sandwich bag, and WEIGHED each portion. I have NEVER done that before, especially with meatloaf. It came to 7 slices (much shrinkage). Today is day 3 and i have 3 portions left. Will miracles NEVER cease? Mercifully NO!!! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

flatferenghi- I was also stuck at home during Sandy and binged big time. Glad to hear you did so well. Keep it up!