Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: CW 155 / GW 110
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
4 day egg fast starting Sunday

I am doing a 4 day egg fast starting tomorrow (Sunday), anyone can join - no rules, I am doing eggs in butter and drinking lots of water. You can do it however you want. I am just posting this thread to keep myself accountable. The scale has crept up to 117, I want to get back to 112. Then do 2 weeks of induction, then resume maintaining.

Now lets get "cracking"!
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyeDoc
Stats: 122/107-109/108 5'1.5"
WOE: Mindful eating
Start Date: August 31, 2011 third time around
Best of luck to you Junebug! I couldn't get past 2 days of an egg fast. I've got to help my sister (she owns a restaurant) at a food festival tomorrow....otherwise, I'd start with you! I think I'd be more successful at the egg fast starting Monday (less temptation). I will keep tabs on you, though!
EyeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
Now lets get "cracking"!
Too Funny Wishing You the Best

Last edited by Kateee; 08-19-2012 at 05:33 AM..
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the support from both of you! My wedding is in a few weeks!

Okay so this morning I weighed in at 117, I had 2 eggs scrambled up in butter. I am drinking water with lemon. I will check back in soon!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: walkingwoman
WOE: maintaining 124-128 range
Start Date: 2/1/13
How's it going? I'm going to do a 3 day eggfast in a few weeks. BF will be out of town so it will be much easier Happy Losing!
walkingwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

So far, day one was a success. I did scrambled eggs again for lunch and dinner. For dinner I added a few shakes of hot sauce (living on the edge! lol). I have been drinking lots of water. I am a bit hungry but not starving. I will probably have some green tea before bed. I will report my weight tomorrow. I am just happy I didnt cheat!

WalkingWoman thats too funny - my bf was just out of town for work and I thought to myself, I really just should have done it then! Not that he minds my little fasting projects...but it would be easier for sure if he wasn't eating something delish next to me Good luck on your fast!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Okay! Well this morning I am down 2 pounds! I was 117 yesterday and today the scale reads 115. I know its mostly water weight, as I cant REALLY loose 2 pounds over night. BUT...its sure is motivation to keep going! I am having some black coffee right now, and will do 2 eggs in butter for breakfast shortly.

I was 112 when I bought my wedding dress...3 more pounds to go!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Great job, Junebug! You will look STUNNING in your wedding dress! Isn't it in October?

I started my egg fast this morning...and without even thinking, I ate a blueberry (while getting some for my 2 year old), and then I realized that I put HWC in my coffee... not off to a good start! The good news is, we were so busy at the food festival yesterday that I didn't eat much at all the entire day. Bad news is I'm going to a Brewer game tonight and I don't know if I'll be able to keep away from the brats and bloody mary stand!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Hi, Eggies. Just wanted to pop in and wish you all happy, successful egg days.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hummingbird
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 2012
WTG Junebug on your weight loss and sticking with the egg fast. I will join you tomorrow (Tuesday) through Friday = 4 days, I think this is just the jump start that I need to get the scale going back down again.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

EyeDoc, I have done the same thing before! A few months ago I realized I was eating waaay too much cheese and so I told myself I could only have it on weekends for a while, and wouldn't you know I would find string cheese in my hand almost daily! lol

You are right - the wedding was supposed to be in Oct, but then we changed venues and they only had availability in early Sept, soooo everything had to happen a little faster. I am so excited though, and LOVE my dress, so I just want to look my best in it! ANYWAYS, good luck with your egg fast - I wouldn't worry too much about todays slips, and if you must, maybe get a brat w/ mustard tonight at the game and skip the bun! Even two brats w/o the bun would be better than one with, and the bloody mary Have fun!

Thanks for the support Auntie Em!!!

Glad to have you on board Hummingbird! Thats exactly why I am doing it, I think my body needed a jolt.

Today I did 3 eggs hardboiled into egg salad for lunch (just a bit of mayo and pepper). and tonight I will go back to scrambled and hot sauce. I have been using about 1/2 tbsp of real butter in the pan each time, to make sure I am still getting enough fat. I had one diet Dr. Pepper this afternoon (which actually gave me a headache) but otherwise drank black coffee and water. I will report back again in the morning!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #12

Congrats on your loss Junebug! Sending you good scale wishes for the morning
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I am late posting this, its been a crazy morning! So here is the update: this morning I was down to 114.5 which in another half pound! I will take it So thats 2.5 over 2 days so far. Last nights dinner was sort of stretch...I had egg drop soup from a chinese restaurant! Lol! While it qualified as eggs, it was far more sodium that I really needed. Technically i didn't really cheat...did I Today I am doing quick hardboiled eggs and hot sauce...will check back in tomorrow!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #14

Go Junebug! I asked for reviews of the Costco hardboiled eggs that come in the 24 pks on the Main Lobby forum. Looks like they are fine so i'm going to get those when I do my egg fast I cleared out all my carby stuff yesterday. My dd and her friends were delighted by their enhanced pantries. LOL. I have protein, veggies and frozen fruit for protein shakes, plus spices in house but everything else is GONE. So, kinda getting a headstart but still plan on the egg fast when bf is out of town. My dd gets married 10/27 and I want to look my best.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Good planning ahead! You will have to post how those packages of boiled eggs are. That would be such a time saver! You could make a big container of egg salad! Thats a great idea to send your carby stuff to friends houses - my fridge is pretty low carb so not too many temptations there (though I keep eyeing the cheeeeese) and while on the egg fast I have banned myself from the pantry all together...home of my stepsons pop tarts and pringles

Today is going well, my favorite style of eggs for this fast has been scrambled with hot sauce, or poached. I had not planned to drink diet soda while on the fast, but, I have found it has helped me stay on track...I have been sipping diet ginger ale between egg meals if only for another flavor for my taste buds! Lots of water too though.

Hoping for another little drop tomorrow on the scale...good night eggies!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I am so impressed! I failed on day one with a brat and hotdog (left most of the bun) at the baseball game (along with a long island iced tea).

Today, 3 eggs for breakfast, egg salad for lunch (and a small piece of chicken), and more scrambled eggs for dinner. Not sure if this is going to work for me as I was blessed with TOM this morning. No weight loss, but I can't expect much considering what I ate last night.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Ooh i love doing fasts! I usually do a meat and egg fast for 5 days out of each month and loose quite a big chunk of weight.

Your doing great, keep it up!!!
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Sorry if this is TMI, but is anyone experiencing some "uncomfortable" bowel movements? It's like I've eaten a bunch malitol laden foods. Getting tired of eggs already. Will make some deviled ones for lunch and hope for the best!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #19

Morning Eggies! Just checking in to read and see how everyone is doing

Eyedoc, no issues here with food. I do experience issues if I have not had diet coke, iced tea or alcohol and then have some. Weird, I know. LOL. Perhaps that is why I normally drink wine each day? lol. Um, won't be doing that for awhile!

Wishing everyone a happy scale!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon everyone! This morning I saw a nice drop on the scale to 111.5 - I was quite surprised so I hopped on and off testing the scale about 8 times But I kept getting the same reading. I had 2 cups of coffee and a few scrambled eggs and weighed myself again to see 112.5 (which is about right, I always see a pound gain by noon no matter what I am doing). So I guess my scale is working okay - but i am going to assume this partially water loss again.

Today is my last day of just eggs. I have done egg fasts before and this is has been the most successful...but I have been BORED...but its been worth it, tomorrow is my dress fitting! So I plan on doing eggs for breakfast and then resume strict induction until the wedding in hopes of holding steady or reaching my goal weight of 110.

EyeDoc I have been okay with very few side effects...one morning I felt muscle fatigue but after a big glass of water and breakfast I was fine. I am sorry you are having a rough time Hang in there, if just eggs dont work this round, maybe try the meat and egg fast? Malitol-like side effects are the worst!

Thanks for the cheers of support walkingwoman and babycakez!!! I really needed to get back down, feels good!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: takin.it.off
Stats: 205/187/145
Start Date: May 4th, 2012
Hello all!!

I will be starting an egg fast today.. I get bored easily,so I am scared! LOL

BUT, I've fallen gained back the weight I've lost and it is driving me mad!! I need to realize the fast is temporary and WORTH IT! need to cut the sugar cravings and get back on track!!

I'm thinking of having scrambled eggs with cheese, hot sauce and jalapenos maybe one meal a day.. thoughts on that??
takin.it.off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #22

I'd say if the cheese helps keep you on track, go for it and see how your losses are
Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingwoman View Post
I'd say if the cheese helps keep you on track, go for it and see how your losses are

Thank you for your response

I need to keep in mind it's all about learning what works for our own individual bodies and lifestyles!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I agree! If the cheese makes it doable for you, go for it. I did hot sauce on all my eggs and I did add a slice of american cheese here and there just to change it up. Good luck, I will be cheering you on!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Okay! Egg fast is complete for me! This morning i was 111, so thats a total loss of 6 lbs, and puts me 1 lbs away from goal, and 1 lb *under* the weight I was when I bought my wedding dress in Feb. I feel very good about having my final fitting today!!!

My plan going forward: I want to loose that last pound (an even number is just so nice, lol) and then maintain at 110 for the next two weeks until my wedding. I cant do eggs all day today because I have lunch plans, but I might do it every other day...has anyone done this before?

How is everyone else doing with the egg fast this morning? I wish you all willpower and a good day!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #26

Morning Junebug! Congrats on the great results! Wishing you a fun day with your dress fitting and lunch I think your day on day off should work well for you. Will you keep posting on this thread so we can chat with you up until the big day?

I got my arm twisted into going to Outback (was as good as you can be there) followed by some frozen yogurt. I'm up .2 but no biggy. Just know that I should have skipped one or the other for future reference. Gonna guzzle the water today.

Hows it going, Takin? Hope you're doing well!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Good morning! Congrats on the loss!!

Well, I had all eggs yesterday with the exception of cheese, jalapenos and one hamburger patty.. down 4 lbs and feeling good!

I hear you on guzzling the water.. that always speeds up my loss , hard for me to do with the job I have, sometimes I feel like I'm chained to my desk and don't have the time to get up and go potty! LOL
Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

The dress fits like a glove, just perfect! I am so happy! Yes, I will keep posting! I am going to do eggs every other day now - I know that posting and having support is what kept me on track so this will be good for me as I work to maintain. Plus, I want to support you guys too!

Frozen yooooogurt! I sometimes buy low carb ice cream bars as a treat. They are really good. So good in fact, the box is ussually gone in 2 days flat Funny, not sure how that happens...

At my post-fitting lunch today I had a steak salad...lots of greens with nice slices of iron rich grilled steak. It was so tasty after all eggs for 4 days! Tomorrow I will go back to eggs.

Takin, 4 pounds is AWESOME! Definitly motivation to stay on plan again tomorrow huh? Keep going strong!

Speaking of water, do you guys have any tips on how to get all your water in? I have such a hard time with it!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Morning eggies! I hope everyone had a good weekend! I was BUSY!!! Last minute wedding errands etc. Anyways, I just thought that I would report in and let you know that I have consistently maintained at 111 since the end of the egg fast on thursday. So I feel pretty good about that - I have been having eggs for one or two meals and veggies/meat for the rest. Seems to be working, not as boring...its basically just clean Atkins induction. I am still hoping to drop that last pound so I am 110 on my wedding day - I think I can do it I might do eggs 2 days before the big day. That wedding cake is going to taste SOOOO good! lol
Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #30

Morning! I had a lovely weekend but hit it hard and fast yesterday! did a steak day and dropped 3 pounds of weekend wonderpounds! Today is going to be eggs, pork and avocadoes. I know, weird combo but the store had avocados cheap and I adore them and couldn't resist.

Junebug, not to be gross or anything but I think I'd add a few carbs in the day or so leading up to the wedding. The sugar in the cake might cause distress otherwise and that ain't gonna be pretty Of course, you would know better than me but that's what happens to me if I've been proteining it and then jump into sugar