Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 03:23 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Karen, I did my once a week weigh in this morning and am down 2.4 pounds. I was so thrilled. Still in deep ketosis even though I had a slice of our first tomato from the garden last night. I also had tuna salad with pork rinds, a slice of cheese, a green salad and a glass of red wine yesterday. I can't believe I am not weighing every day but it sure takes the stress off. I always have hated that up and down of weighing daily. I felt pretty sure I would be down at least a pound since I am in ketosis.

How did your weigh in go today? Hoping you got a one pound down average!

Will check back later. Have a great day!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2014, 05:37 AM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Karen, I did my once a week weigh in this morning and am down 2.4 pounds. I was so thrilled. Still in deep ketosis even though I had a slice of our first tomato from the garden last night. I also had tuna salad with pork rinds, a slice of cheese, a green salad and a glass of red wine yesterday. I can't believe I am not weighing every day but it sure takes the stress off. I always have hated that up and down of weighing daily. I felt pretty sure I would be down at least a pound since I am in ketosis.

How did your weigh in go today? Hoping you got a one pound down average!

Will check back later. Have a great day!

Good for you!!! My week probably not going to go that well. But I am glad yours did!!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
This week average was 193.8..............Down .6 lbs for the week.

Again, not quite the pound I wanted, but at least going down.....
This week averaged 194.8.....................so I gained a lb instead of losing.

Just got to be more determined this week. Seems like as soon as I get the scale going down, I kind of get lax, and don't stay on plan.....and back up I go.

New week, new goal.....new agenda.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, I have had that happen so many times I can't tell you. I always feel like I am white knuckling it. I am trying to eat more this time around especially during the most tempting times for me from 4 to 6pm.

Hang in there!
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Quote:
This week averaged 194.8.....................so I gained a lb instead of losing.

Just got to be more determined this week. Seems like as soon as I get the scale going down, I kind of get lax, and don't stay on plan.....and back up I go.

This is written all over me!!! I have got to find a way to get on track - before you know it - my doctor's appointment will soon be here - end of October - NO LOSS and blood work will probably not be improved. I am going to take this one pound at a time, one day at a time, one hour at a time!!
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Cathy! If Karen and I can help you in any way we would be happy too.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Was just reading some of this thread.

I am getting to the point where even minor cheating makes me feel queasy

post #3 is especially good by backseatadventurer. "I hate to say it because in your heart of hearts, you already know but cheats aren't going to do any favors.

Right now you're playing tug of war with your body. Keto <-> Carbs.

When you go low carb/keto you're 'training' your body to prioritize fat as its energy source and to digest it better. You're even making huge changes to the enzymes and gut flora that help you process food.

Randomly dumping carbs into the fuel tank of a fat primed system is always going to cause problems. A lot of people report that they have gastro issues and huge sugar spikes if they cheat. I'm sure you'll find a few amusing stories if you do a quick search

The likely reason that you've not had problems cheating before now is that with all the sugar/starch you're eating your body has been slow to adapt. To be very honest, you are probably not going to let you reach keto adaption if you keep cheating.

I'm not even sure you're aware just how much you have been cheating and how much non-keto food you're having. I know it's very hard to give up the foods we love and have spent a lifetime enjoying. It can be easy to justify 'one little thing' and no realize how badly it adds up. Those cheats also prolong and perhaps intensify carb cravings.

Maybe you should reconsider your eating plan? Try eating clean and on plan for two months and see how you go."
Old 07-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Was just reading some of this thread.

I am getting to the point where even minor cheating makes me feel queasy

post #3 is especially good by backseatadventurer. "I hate to say it because in your heart of hearts, you already know but cheats aren't going to do any favors.

Right now you're playing tug of war with your body. Keto <-> Carbs.

When you go low carb/keto you're 'training' your body to prioritize fat as its energy source and to digest it better. You're even making huge changes to the enzymes and gut flora that help you process food.

Randomly dumping carbs into the fuel tank of a fat primed system is always going to cause problems. A lot of people report that they have gastro issues and huge sugar spikes if they cheat. I'm sure you'll find a few amusing stories if you do a quick search

The likely reason that you've not had problems cheating before now is that with all the sugar/starch you're eating your body has been slow to adapt. To be very honest, you are probably not going to let you reach keto adaption if you keep cheating.

I'm not even sure you're aware just how much you have been cheating and how much non-keto food you're having. I know it's very hard to give up the foods we love and have spent a lifetime enjoying. It can be easy to justify 'one little thing' and no realize how badly it adds up. Those cheats also prolong and perhaps intensify carb cravings.

Maybe you should reconsider your eating plan? Try eating clean and on plan for two months and see how you go."
I have such good intentions, and then life catches up with me. Biggest problem is eating with DH when we road-trip. And if I don't go with him, he remembers......... that is our time alone...

Or kids or GS require time, or fed, or whatever. Just got to go back to clean eating. No doubt.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
This is written all over me!!! I have got to find a way to get on track - before you know it - my doctor's appointment will soon be here - end of October - NO LOSS and blood work will probably not be improved. I am going to take this one pound at a time, one day at a time, one hour at a time!!
Welcome!!
Old 07-13-2014, 02:50 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy, I too am trying to go one pound at time, one hour at a time, one day at a time, and one week at a time. Wishing us all much success this time around!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/232.0/150.0
WOE: Atkins with a Mediterranean/Paleo flair
Start Date: Everyday is a new day!
Down 3 lbs. water weight

My problem lately with being on plan is the time it takes to be prepared. At least once-twice a week I get up at 4:30 am to go to the bus station to commute to the office 100 miles away - I don't get home on those days until 9:00-9:30 at night. I have to bring all food for the day since I do not have transportation at the office. Some days I am just too tired to get food ready for the next day. Have nothing to back up on. Don't like or feel like eating what I bring - so I look for comfort foods on the very long and tiring days.

I NEED TO GO TO THE GROCERY STORE. - I get paid Tuesday and can do my monthly shopping - I get all the meat and frozen - I only get the simple stuff - salad makings and eggs as needed.

Days on plan: 1

http://lowcarbmediterraneanjourney.blogspot.com/

Start weight: 261.8
Goal #1: 251.8 (-10 lbs.) met 1/21/2014
Goal #2: 241.8 (-10 lbs.) met 2/19/2014
Goal #3: 231.8 (-10 lbs.)
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Oh boy Cathy, that is really tough - the long commute and long days. I can see why you would be too tired to prepare things many nights. Hopefully you have a frig at work.

Trying to think what I would do to handle that situation if it were me. I would cook hamburgers on my day off and put them in the freezer. Then grab one each day and let it thaw in the frig while I worked. I would bring in bags of pork skins and boil a bunch of eggs and bring a couple of them each day and a block of sharp chedder cheese. I only eat one ounce of cheese at the most.

What kind of work do you do?

Last edited by Abigale; 07-13-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Old 07-14-2014, 01:53 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Good going on the 3 pounds down Cathy!

Just cooked some oopsie rolls and will bring 2 to work plus a hamburg, some spicy mustard, tuna salad and some pork skins.

Hope we all have a good day!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:41 AM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

Diet pop and 2 cheese sticks for BF.

Start the day right, anyway....

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, all we can do is take one meal at a time. Hope the rest of your day went well!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Karen, all we can do is take one meal at a time. Hope the rest of your day went well!

Other than worst headache in a long, long time..............eating went ok.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no, hate those headaches! Hope you feel better today.

Just cooked up a batch of oopsie buns and took some pulled pork out of the freezer. Will have some low carb catsup on my sandwiches.

Have a good day!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh no, hate those headaches! Hope you feel better today.

Just cooked up a batch of oopsie buns and took some pulled pork out of the freezer. Will have some low carb catsup on my sandwiches.

Have a good day!
No headache this morning......but going to be a long, long day.

Glad your eating has been going ok. I am starting early, so BF is mixed nuts nothing else sounded good, and too lazy to cook eggs.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:38 AM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Headaches better today.

Just having mixed nuts for BF. Too lazy to cook eggs.

Sounds like you are eating well, Abigale.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, I am trying to force myself to eat right. Sometimes is takes a lot of effort. The oopsie rolls are working for me because they don't taste too eggy but are a pain to make. Especially because I need to mix them out of ear shot of DH so as not to wake him up at 3am when I make them. lol

Just made another batch and have a hamburger to take for lunch. We are working one hour early the rest of the week and all day Saturday. Everyone is happy about the overtime.

Still in ketosis! Hope on Saturday weigh in I am down at least a pound.

Have a good day!
Old 07-17-2014, 02:02 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Running late today. Will check back after work. Hamburger, pulled pork and oopsie buns for lunch and snack today. Have a great day!
Old 07-18-2014, 01:56 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Tuna sandwiches on oopsie buns today. Still in ketosis but not that deep. Hope I am still using my fat stores as energy!

Have a great day gang!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Tuna sandwiches on oopsie buns today. Still in ketosis but not that deep. Hope I am still using my fat stores as energy!

Have a great day gang!
Glad things seem to be going well for you!!

I have been a little under the weather, so watching what I eat, but not judging by Carbs alone.....

Next week will be better for me!!
Old 07-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, hope you are feeling better now.

Just had 1/2 hamburger with mayo and a little tomato from the garden on two oopsie buns.

Have to work tomorrow but it will be overtime so check next week should be alot better!

I still can't believe I have disciplined myself to only weigh once a week. I have been an almost daily weigher for many years. If I am not down at least a pound I am going to be very confused??
Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Well Karen, I am happy to say I am down 1.8 pounds today. So I will just keep on with my woe for the next week. Just made my daily batch of oopsie buns and will bring a couple of tuna sandwiches for lunch and snack. Really need to do some grocery shopping but have to work all day today. DH said he would do a little shopping today but he has a lot of back pain so can't walk up and down the aisles to do too much. Will do some more shopping tomorrow.

How are you feeling today?
Old 07-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

194.9, so gained .1 lb this week. But been having some digestive issues, so I am going to call "no harm, no foul" this week and just start in on the next week........

No appetite, so don't know if that is good or bad
Old 07-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well Karen, I am happy to say I am down 1.8 pounds today. So I will just keep on with my woe for the next week. Just made my daily batch of oopsie buns and will bring a couple of tuna sandwiches for lunch and snack. Really need to do some grocery shopping but have to work all day today. DH said he would do a little shopping today but he has a lot of back pain so can't walk up and down the aisles to do too much. Will do some more shopping tomorrow.

How are you feeling today?
Good for you!!!! Glad the scale was down. Keep up the good work!!

Still battling low-grade headache, and not up to par......
Doing blood work Monday. Maybe Thyroid could be to blame for fatigue......I just wish I could get more oomph in my giddyup.... Used to be endless energy.....
Old 07-20-2014, 02:45 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Karen, hope your blood work comes out ok and headache gone now. Hope there is nothing wrong with your thyroid.

Every day I manage to have the energy to get through my work day I am so greatful. I know when I have fallen off the wagon big time in recent months my energy immediately went kaput. Another reason for me to not give into temptation.

We will go out for usual Sunday breakfast after church today. That is if DH has any money. I just looked and only have six dollars. lol That won't hardly buy me a cup of coffee. I will have my usual 2 scrambled eggs and side of bacon.

Talk to you later!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:50 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

We had a nice group of family at the restaurant for breakfast yesterday. There were 9 of us there. My niece and her boyfriend were there from Cleveland. I had bacon and eggs as usual.

Just packed my lunch for work. Hamburgers, oopsie buns and a bag of pork skins.

Have a great day!
Old 07-21-2014, 05:40 AM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

Tow truck went out at noon, so by the time we got done, had 3 in the afternoon breakfast.......

And then popcorn for snack last night. No evening meal, though.