Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WatchMeMove
Stats: 5'2" 155/149.0/125 BMI 28.1 FAT% 37.1
WOE: Warrior Diet/IF
Start Date: 6/17/14
Karen - .3 is still a loss. I know you wanted more but today is a new day and a new challenge. I am so glad to hear you are not giving up or giving in.

Abigale - The Warrior Diet is a method of eating where you aim to eat one big meal per day in the evening, a form of IF. You can google the book or there is a free pdf out there too.

During the day you eat very lightly, mostly raw fruit and veg with a little yogurt or nuts/seeds. Then in the evening you have a healthy, full, satisfying meal. (Not a binge) that includes proteins, fats and carbs. In a few weeks if you learn to listen to your body you recognize the feeling of full or satiety.

The idea behind the IF, is that during the day you burn fat and during the evening you replenish the stores of energy. The IF helps me as I have digestion issues and having some bowel rest is very helpful for me.

This plan includes starchy veggies, grains and beans which I include minimally, 2x a week. Our family eats them completely unprocessed. No flours or meals just whole vegetables, legumes, kernels and groats. I stay between 35g-75g of carbs a day depending on activity.

My 1st event of 2015 is the NOLA Marathon. I race walk. I did the Music City Marathon in 2011 and I had a great time. My family is super supportive so the only thing holding me back is me. My goal for 2015 is 3 marathons. It's a bucket list thing for me
WatchMeMove is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #212
Junior LCF Member

P.S. I am down 2 lbs this week's weigh in this am. 5 lbs total.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMeMove View Post
P.S. I am down 2 lbs this week's weigh in this am. 5 lbs total.
Congrats!!!!!!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Toby, glad you are all healed from your injury and can get back walking and preparing for your next event in 2015. Tell us about your warrior diet when you get a chance.

Karen, glad you are not giving up. Me either! Do you mainly ride horses for exercise when you have time?

DD and family are still on the road. We have had fun texting with the kids.

Talk to you in the morning!
We show palominos and local shows. But I ride mainly for exercise and my own accomplishment. Also, would like to sell kid-broke horses. Love to ride, but run out of hours in the day and ambition
Old 06-29-2014, 02:41 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Toby, 3 race walk marathons for next year! what a terrific goal to be working for and fantastic on the 2 pounds this week! Thanks for the info on the warrior diet. I will read up on it.

Karen, it would be great if you can get to the point where you could break horses for children. Is that you on the horse in your profile picture and is that a Palomino? Great photo! I have never really ridden a horse but it is something I thought I would love to learn to do if they had any place locally. I have not seen one advertized.

The kids arrived at around 9 last night so glad they made it safe and sound. They did get a flat which couldn't be fixed on a new tire they had bought just afew days ago. ugh Expensive trip along with the high gas prices.

No plans yet for food for the day. Will have to play it by ear. We may cook out chicken legs.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Toby, 3 race walk marathons for next year! what a terrific goal to be working for and fantastic on the 2 pounds this week! Thanks for the info on the warrior diet. I will read up on it.

Karen, it would be great if you can get to the point where you could break horses for children. Is that you on the horse in your profile picture and is that a Palomino? Great photo! I have never really ridden a horse but it is something I thought I would love to learn to do if they had any place locally. I have not seen one advertized.

The kids arrived at around 9 last night so glad they made it safe and sound. They did get a flat which couldn't be fixed on a new tire they had bought just afew days ago. ugh Expensive trip along with the high gas prices.

No plans yet for food for the day. Will have to play it by ear. We may cook out chicken legs.

Have a great day ladies!
That is palomino quarter horse in the photo. DD25 is riding. He is one we raised ourselves, and is a terrific horse. DD does lots of the riding/training now......just have to develop a name for kid-horses so can get the price to repay for all the hours put into them.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Karen, wishing you alot of success getting your name established!

I am not weighing this week as the scale is in the guest bathroom and don't want to go get it and put it back each day. No room in our bathroom for it.

We had taco casserole last night and I had mine on lettuce as a salad. Tonight we will be cooking out chicken legs and I will teach our grandson our secret basting sauce recipe. ol

Have a great day!
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Karen, I have to confess I am totally off my woe eating this week while the kids are here. Cooking for 8 has done me in. So hoping I am not doing too much damage and can get back to clean eating by Monday when they head back to Missouri.

How are you doing?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well Karen, I have to confess I am totally off my woe eating this week while the kids are here. Cooking for 8 has done me in. So hoping I am not doing too much damage and can get back to clean eating by Monday when they head back to Missouri.

How are you doing?
It is tough to cook for others and still stay on plan.
Good luck getting back on track!!!

My scale is being friendly, but not saying anything until get my weekly avg on Saturday.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #220
Junior LCF Member

Abigale: I hope you are enjoying all the family visiting. Cooking for eight is a tough job but a joyous one I imagine.

Karen: How is your week going?

I went off the rails a bit these past two days. Combo of stress and PMS but that was last meal and I've re-grouped and re-dedicated. We have a very laid back holiday planned, just the 3 of us, so that should help. DH has suggested I just lace my shoes up tomorrow morning and take off as soon as I wake. I think it's a good idea too.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:42 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another busy day today. Brattleboro will have a race that ends on Main Street at 9 and the parade starts at 10. I will go over early and set up our chairs at our usual spot and wait for the straggelers. Not sure about this afternoon but we have a cookout at nieces's house at 6 and you can see the town fireworks from her front lawn. Not sure if I can stay awake long enough to wait for it to get dark. lol

Karen, hoping you have that pound drop for the week on Saturday!

Toby, sounds like you have a very supportive husband. Good advice to lace up those sneakers and hit the road.

Happy Fourth of July!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:02 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Karen and Toby!

Hoping you have a good weigh in today Karen!

I am trying to have a good clean eating day. The kids have all gone overnight to the lake and we will join them tomorrow for a family cookout.

We still have a lot of pulled pork so will make some oopsie buns today to have with it.

The parade was fun even though it drizzeled all during it. Last night at the fireworks cookout DD took this picture of the 4 grandkids with sparklers and a special app. So cool!

Will check back later. Have a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sparkler love.jpg (15.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Abigale; 07-05-2014 at 06:03 AM..
Old 07-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
This week average weight 194.2. Down .3 lbs.

I am not making 1 lb per week. Going to try and change my thinking a little bit. But I am NOT giving up. I have gotten to where too much sugar makes me feel ill........ I can easily live with 12 oz pop or less each day. Have made some of these changes. Just need to force myself to become more active, like I used to be!!!!!!!
This week average was 193.8..............Down .6 lbs for the week.

Again, not quite the pound I wanted, but at least going down.....
Old 07-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMeMove View Post
Abigale: I hope you are enjoying all the family visiting. Cooking for eight is a tough job but a joyous one I imagine.

Karen: How is your week going?

I went off the rails a bit these past two days. Combo of stress and PMS but that was last meal and I've re-grouped and re-dedicated. We have a very laid back holiday planned, just the 3 of us, so that should help. DH has suggested I just lace my shoes up tomorrow morning and take off as soon as I wake. I think it's a good idea too.
Hope you have gotten back on track.
DH and I finally just drove out the driveway and left kids behind.......1 hr motorcycle ride and bouncing around in the towtruck during the parade were my exercise yesterday
Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Karen were you in the parade with the tow truck?

I wish I were down .6 for the week. Good going. I don't even want to weigh until I feel like I am down some. It will be too depressing. The kids will head back to Missouri in the morning and I will try to get them to take all the carby stuff with them or just throw it away. Glad I added mon. and tues. to my vacation. I will need them to recouperate. lol Sure will miss them so much. It will probably be a year before I see them again.

We will leave for the family gathering at the lake in a couple of hours. Have a great day!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Karen were you in the parade with the tow truck?

I wish I were down .6 for the week. Good going. I don't even want to weigh until I feel like I am down some. It will be too depressing. The kids will head back to Missouri in the morning and I will try to get them to take all the carby stuff with them or just throw it away. Glad I added mon. and tues. to my vacation. I will need them to recouperate. lol Sure will miss them so much. It will probably be a year before I see them again.

We will leave for the family gathering at the lake in a couple of hours. Have a great day!
Yes, I rode inside the cab with DH. That way we could watch the crowds and yell back at a few people who yelled at us.

The scale has spiked up, with 3 days of holiday lack of routine......
Ice cream machine turned on, so soft serve and waffle cones is a recipe for eating a little bit off-plan. But Monday is only 1 day away

Hope your scale isn't showing too much damage after the kids leave. Routine is only a day away????
Old 07-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, routine is only a day away! phew! And it is going to be SO HARD. I've been here before unfortunately.

We had a wonderful time at the lake. The traffic was horrendous driving home. From the lake to Concord, New Hampshire it took us over an hour and it should have been only 30 minutes. It was bumper to bumper. DD and family have not left the lake yet. They have a lot more stamina than DH and I have. lol

Talk to you in the morning!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, the kids left at 6am and are already past New York City. They will stop in Rockville, Maryland to visit with son in laws Mother and then get back on the road. They plan after spending the night somewhere to be back in Missouri by late tomorrow night. Poor sil has to be back to work on Wed.

Need to run to the store. Will check back later Karen and Toby!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

So far today hasn't been bad..............supper is always the meal most likely to de-rail my on-plan eating.

Current plan is taco salad............no taco shell. If that works, then see how the scale goes. It suffered a little over the holiday weekend.......Ughh.

Hope you get back on track quickly and painlessly!!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I also do pretty well until around 4pm when I get off work or same time on the weekend. Today so far I have had two oopsie rolls with pulled pork and a half a hamburger. Now to get through the bewitching hours without falling off the wagon.

I wish us both luck!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:19 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well after a week of eating whatever I finally weighed today after one good day yesterday. I had only gained 1/2 pound. I was totally shocked and am now very motivated!

I'm going to make some more oopsie rolls today. I find having a "sandwich" with a hamburg patty or the pulled pork is filling and appetizing.

Going to have coffee with my sister as a treat on my last vacation day. Have a great day Karen and Toby!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:37 AM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Well after a week of eating whatever I finally weighed today after one good day yesterday. I had only gained 1/2 pound. I was totally shocked and am now very motivated!

I'm going to make some more oopsie rolls today. I find having a "sandwich" with a hamburg patty or the pulled pork is filling and appetizing.

Going to have coffee with my sister as a treat on my last vacation day. Have a great day Karen and Toby!

Good news for you!!!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Karen

I just had a bacon sandwich with two oopsies with one slice of bacon and just a little mayo. My sister and I are having coffee at a pastry shop so I am nice and full and won't be tempted at all!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Steak and zucchini casserole
Old 07-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Karen, I'm hanging in there. I've had two hamburgers with oopsie rolls today and a big salad with oil and vinegar dressing. I was showing slightly in ketosis this morning and am hoping in the next couple of days to be really in deep ketosis.

How are you doing Karen?
Old 07-10-2014, 03:24 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I plan to weigh on Saturday to see if maybe I have lost a pound. Oopsie rolls and a hamburg patty for lunch. I had two oopsie rolls with butter on them for breakfast. I also had a hamburg patty and salad last night for dinner. Having some white knuckle times when I get home from work but trying to eat enough from caving to temptation!

Have a great day!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:24 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I plan to weigh on Saturday to see if maybe I have lost a pound. Oopsie rolls and a hamburg patty for lunch. I had two oopsie rolls with butter on them for breakfast. I also had a hamburg patty and salad last night for dinner. Having some white knuckle times when I get home from work but trying to eat enough from caving to temptation!

Have a great day!
My go-to for cravings is handful of almonds or mozzarella stick.........it helps sometimes......
Old 07-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Karen! I have been having one ounce of cheese - sharp cheddar to help me curb my appetite until dinner. It is helpling!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Karen! I have been having one ounce of cheese - sharp cheddar to help me curb my appetite until dinner. It is helpling!
So glad. Today, I was having munchies, and grabbed a SF gum. That seemed to help the craving, but hoping the sweeteners don't derail something else!!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I chew sugar free gum all the town and have never had a problem with it as far as I know.