Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
i feel like the blabbermouth of the group these days, telling about every ounce i gain and lose...lol...we're all different and this accountability contributes to keeping me on track...i look at a cookie and think if i eat it, i gotta confess it to you guys, so i move on to an olive... hahaha!

kbeth, so happy to hear that you are starting to feel better - it's so hard to do anything else when you do not feel up to snuff, and what we are trying to do is so hard...hope you really enjoy your brother's wedding...is your little guy the ring bearer?...

marilee, just fill that house with a lot of good food and throw out any remaining junk and it will be so much easier...then, ease into it by allowing yourself to indulge in as much good stuff as you desire so you are not battling junk food withdrawal and hunger at the same time...i know you know all this, so i'm just providing this reminder as a public service...lol...

vicki, congrats to your son and to you for avoiding the junk at the concession stands!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Ok, so I wasn't going to share this with you because I didn't want you to think "There's that flacky Marilee...bouncing around from eating plan to eating plan", but, like Tony, I HAVE to tell you everything because honesty is so important in this process and, well....it's just part of my personality not to keep things hidden.

I started Medi-Fast yesterday. A gentleman here at work dropped 75 pounds in 6 months on the program - granted he's a guy and you know how you men lose faster than we women do. But, his wife has had success as well.

Because I have a real issue with binging and overeating, it really helps me if I have a portion-controlled plan. So, for those of you who are not familiar with Medi-Fast, you eat 5 of their "meals" (bars, soups, shakes, etc.) a day - one every 2 to 3 hours. Then for one meal a day you get to have "real" food - they call it a "lean and green" meal....protein and veggies.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes, but yesterday went pretty well for the first day. I'm sure the first week will be rough, as my body gets used to it, but if I can do HCG, I can do anything!

Marilee
Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
best of luck, Gibby.

it sounds like a very structured plan. i am all about structure. 2 of the scariest words in the English language for me are PORTION CONTROL. I discovered last night that whereas i still have the capacity to eat a great deal at one sitting, it is not as much as in the past. That is a gift from the Gods. Of course, i do hope that I will be able to GRADUALLY downsize my portions (molecule by molecule if necessary)over time. Tonight, after SHOPRITE, I am ordering 4 cheeseburgers (to be enveloped in the low carb pita)with tomato, onion(very little)and some pickle slices. The last few times at SHOPRITE, there was no low carb ketchup in stock. I hope it was not discontinued. If necessary, I will use 1/2 tsp or less of the regular for all 4 burgers together plus some mayo. whatever will not fit in the 2 pita halves, I will consume with a fork. I am hungry now, but I will wait for the evening. I have my second cuo of joe (black & unsweetened), and some selzer water. That will see me through till burger time. Glad u are up to snuff kbeth! Gosh, i have not been to a wedding since 1976. Enjoy! FF
Old 07-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I hope this works for you Marilee.

ff, I don't flake out too much on ketchup. I do have the SF at home, but when eating out. I use a small amount.

We ate at a local Thai restaurant for lunch. I had a beef curry dish and fried chicken cakes for an appetizer. I did indulge in a small amount of rice and we splurged on the dessert mango with sticky coconut rice. Yum.

Game at 4 and only 2 more to go after today.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, you're never gonna get judged in here - you know that...i think medi-fast sounds like a good idea and i see nothing wrong with trying different things in order to find a plan you are in the mood to follow...keep us posted on how it is going!...

ff, you seem to be at peace with your current plan and that is good...the point of what we are doing is to find peace and equilibrium and you seem to have found it...kudos, bro bro...

vicki, i love thai food!...

had a handful of blueberries for breakfast and a pretty big lunch - salad topped with tuna and a big, leftover steak tip...been drinking lots of water today too...

official weigh-in was 212.8, up .4 from last week, but i'm pleased to still be in the 212s...i'm hoping another week in nashville might help me get into the next, lower decade...

keep on keepin' on, kids!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, had leftovers for dinner - a steak tip and 1/2 chicken breast...

drank quite a bit of water today and got some swimming in too, so i'm calling it a great day!...
:-)

how did everyone else do?...marilee, how was day 2?...lucy, did they like your bikini wax idea?...ff, how many burgers did you fit in your pita?...vicki, did your son's team win again?...kbeth, how is the reading going?...
Old 07-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
So glad for the rain yesterday. My car desperately needed a good wash!

Vicki, I have heard those tournament terms forever and I don't have clue what they mean either. lol

Marilee, I am excited about your Medi fast plan. Having to eat every couple of hours is certainly a good foil to binging. You never get so hungry that once you start you can't stop. Keep us informed on how it goes for you. Great that you know someone personally that had such success!

FF, that is a bummer that Shoprite was out of lc ketchup. Using half the amt of regular shouldn't hurt you at all.

Beth, good to hear from you and glad you are feeling better. Have fun at the wedding!

Tony, now that is one strange salad. Tuna and steak on top? lol Hey, I guess it is not as strange as peanut butter on a hamburger.

Hope you all have a successful eating plan day!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ethel, tell lucy she is crazy!...lol...the tuna was on the salad - the steak was on a separate plate!...

supposed to be a beautiful day here in new england - low 80s and dry...nashville tonight!...i miss artemis - i hope she is well...
Old 07-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! It's my Friday - I'm taking off the next two days "just because". I need to clean out the garage and get a handle on my house work. It's so hot, I'm not sure what I'll accomplish, but at least a dent will be made.

Down 5 pounds since Monday. Water weight or not, it's encouraging and helps keep me motivated. So far so good on the MF plan. Got a little hungry yesterday, but that's to be expected the first week.

I'll be able to post more the next couple of days when I'm off. I'll get caught up on all of the news you all have posted in the last week or so - I got behind
Old 07-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, a huge CONGRATULATIONS on the 5 lbs. - it's not all water and dropping fluid is a healthy thing...we are 70% water after all!...i'd wave a glass of lemonade at the garage and say "see ya in november!"...lol...

it's noon and all i have eaten is a small handful of tiny maine blueberries - they are soooo delicious and healthy...a superfood!...i'm already in my nashville mode of eating as this house is virtually empty...

i may be out of touch here and there as i will have limited access in nash-vegas...hold down the fort while i'm gone - my goal for next wednesday's weigh-in (i will be in nash on tues) will be to get under 210...

have a great day all!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #191

i took a day off today (a sick day-don't tell!)

it is my (earth)mom's 90th birthday today. Of course she is celebrating it in another dimension, but i believe she was with me and a friend at the Mirage Diner. She loved that place. I was perfection. It came with salad and soup. I took home the salad, and enjoyed a cup of chicken soup with real pieces of chicken in it (no noodles). I had the chicken and rib combo(no bbq sauce). i subbed a veggie instead of the tater. I took the 2nd veggie (cooked escarole with mushroom bits)home as well. Diet jello with whipped cream and coffee for dessert. $22.10 for the whole shebang.(with the tip, it came to $22.11) so that is 2 meals for the price of 1. What surprised me is that I was just as full as I was on Sunday, when I had that very carby lunch and took nothing home. There is hope for me yet. For dinner, i will make 2 stuffed lc pita 1/2s with some of the chicken and salad, and lc dressing. I have pickle slices from last night. It feels so good to be back in the groove. Im hope at least one of y'all will beat me mercilessly, if I ever deviate again. FF
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

ff, we all deviate to some extent, no one is perfect. If you deserve the beating, we all would as well. I know I beat myself enough as it is and can make up for what others don't do.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

FF, that is so sweet you continue to celebrate your Mother's birthday! You did very well to get two meals for the price of one! Happy you are back in the groove!

Vicki, no beating ourselves up anymore! I have been guilty of the same thing but now that I am not weighing until my clothes feel looser and I know I am sticking to my plan and should not be gaining (any fat anyway) I am determined to feel good about myself. We all need to do the same. I am determined to stay away from binging which is just a nice way of saying gluttony.

Had a delicious BLT last night made with almond butter bread. Had not had one in a long time. I really love sandwiches - could live on them.

Marilee, I am so happy about your 5 pounds and am so hoping that the medi fast is going to be the solution that will work for you.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #194

my only shortcoming is:

that i had 2 low carb pitas last evening. it would have been okay to have1 at lunch or bkfst, and the 2nd in the evening. My total NET carbs for yesterday was 25. I will be allowing myself between 20-30 net carbs a day. With that comes the responsibility of monitoring my portion sizes. I brought 1 pack to work. i am back to eating lunch again, if i am not too lazy to walk over to the cafeteria. FF
Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone!

I am the queen of beating myself up, but I agree with Abi - no more.

Started MF on Monday - popped on the scale this morning and am down for a total of 7.6 pounds. PP'd a lot yesterday and last night - I knew I had been holding water prior to starting the plan because my ankles, feet and calves were swollen and the skin was tight. All gone!!!! Whew!

Here's eats:

B-MF apple cinnamon oatmeal
S-MF strawberry shake
L-MF chicken noodle soup
S-MF Brownie
D-lean and green - lean hamburger with spinach
S-MF chocolate pudding

The items are "LC" (not LC like we are used to). They calculate to be under 100 grams of carbs a day. The total calorie intake is 800-1000.

Have a great day everyone! I am going to go straighen up, dust/polish and vacuum the great room.....
Old 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #196

Gibby, i had to back track to see what MF stands for.

In NYC it means something else. I am so hoping it will work for you. I am practicing portion control. My low carb/high fiber pita seem to help in the satiety dept. Tonight, I will try 2 cheeseburgers, instead of 4. But, I will get an omelet as well just to be safe. Still less calories than 4 cheeseburgers. I hope I can limit myself to ONLY 1 pita this evening. the only thing I REFUSE to apply the portion control parameters to is.....STEAK. However, I am cutting back to how often I am eating steak. Instead of once a week (when i was cooking), it will be once a month(when i begin cooking again). But it will be a whopper(i do not refer to BK) to be sure. FF
Old 07-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, that's too funny! On another post I was saying I was going to say I'm mf'ing, but I chose not to!

I am feeling very positive at this point. My depression is over and I feel back in control of my life and my eating. Gosh, I hate those down times.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #198

i am also upbeat, Gibby.

I was not depressed. I always knew it was just a matter of time before i got my act together. I DID enjoy eating all the bad choices, and the quantity thereof. I did enjoy watching tv and dvds etc. When it all stopped being enjoyable, i knew it was time to begin again. That time was 7/23/12. We WILL win!!! FF
Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #199

I TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION:

That coffee truck that, in a manner of speaking, collaborated to engender BLITZ I, on 4/1/10 seems to have disappeared these last few weeks. He is either on vacation, or found a more lucrative spot to do business. Well, last night I had the right amount of food to satisfy me w/o stuffing me. I also succeeded limiting my consumption to 1 pita, not 2 or 6. Each 1/2 had 1 cheeseburger, tomato slice, bacon slice, tiny bit of onion, short squirt of lc ketchup, and 1/2 packet of real mayonnaise. I also had 1 cheese omelet.(mozzarella)There was merely a scant trace of cheese, in it, with the other 2 bacon slices and some string beans, all washed down with unsweetened and black iced coffee. any lessfood - would be unthinkable. Tonight I shall limit myself to ONE large order of ribs (not 2), assuming there is nothing ATKINS FRIENDLY TO TAKE HOME from the cafeteria. The real challenge comes with the unstructured time of a 3 day weekend. The trick is to be mindful of how physically lousy I felt after months of high carb endulgence. Yes, it tastes great going down...and then...BOIIIING!!! FF
Old 07-27-2012, 05:30 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

We got home last night. My son's team finished last unfortunately. Oh well, it was a good experience. I strayed a bit the last day or so. But ready to forge ahead today.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy cow! Got on the scale this morning and since I started MF on Monday, I've lost 11.4 pounds! I was expecting 5, but this is huge!

I realize a lot of it is water, as mentioned in an earlier post, but not all of it! And, the neat thing is, I'm not starving, which I thought I would.

Today, I'm getting my first MF order that I hand picked. My first shipment that I'm eating now was a two-week sample package. I prefer savory food to sweet, so I opted for more of those.

Vicki, I'm so sorry his team lost, but like you said, it was a good family time together and a good experience.

ff-weekends are difficult for me as well because of the lack of structure, but we can do it!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #202

gonna see the new Batman experience this weekend.

if I survive the experience, there IS the salad bar across the street. Otherwise, i SHALL do whatever it takes to stay out of the house during the day. Sorry the team lost, but I am certain it was a great day out. I was, as a child, less concerned about winning or losing, as what goodies I would consume after the game. FF
Old 07-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

I couldn't get on the LCF site yesterday morning. This happens occasionally for some unknown reason??

Marilee, I am sooo excited about the results you are getting on MF!! Also the meals and snacks are making me hungry. Certainly a program that would be easy to stay with! What sort of savory meals have you ordered?

FF, you do sound very upbeat and motivated. Enjoy the Batman movie and stay safe!!

Vicki, sorry about your son's team but glad you all had a fun time together.

I continue to read discussions and testamonials on the no s diet site. Some people have made modifications to how they do the diet that are interesting. One person instead of allowing for snacks on Sat and Sun gave themselves permission for like 5 snacks a week and they eat all 7 days only 3 meals with no seconds. Then they eat the 5 snacks any time during the week that works for them. I like that idea. I think some people on the diet go crazy at first and when the weekend comes jump back into obsessive eating.

Tony, hope you and the family are having a great time in Nashville! They play alot of country music during the day at work. I always wonder if you wrote some of the songs they are singing.

Have a great Saturday all! Looking forward to tomorrow. My older sister and her DH are meeing us at Church in the morning and then more of the family are meeting us at the country club for breakfast.

Last edited by Abigale; 07-28-2012 at 03:44 AM..
Old 07-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! At least it's still morning in PHX. Am having fun watching the Olympics. Parts of the opening ceremony were strange, but I love the actual competitions. Go USA!

Abi, my first personal shipment arrived yesterday. I ordered a lot of soups; cream of tomato, cream of chicken, chicken noodle, cream of broccolli, wild rice and chicken. They offer chili and stews etc. and I may try the stew in my next shipment. I od'd on chili on Nutri-System and am not anxious to get it right now. I also got scrambled eggs. More shakes and bars, because they are easy at work. Tried a soft baked chocolate cookie last night for my evening snack and it was good! Also had the carmel crunch bar yesterday and thought I had died and gone to heaven. It's nice to have some sweet things to have.

Total loss since Monday's start is 11.6. They have a website similar to ours and I'm getting some good support from them, as well. One person said at my size, I should lose 5 pounds a week until I break 300. That would be quite encouraging to get back into Twoterville.

Back to chores and watching the Olympics.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 07-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea, Marilee. So glad you are on a roll now.

Me still 231.6 even though I said I wasn't going to weigh, well, I did.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I'm glad that MF has forum that you can talk to others who have had success following that plan. I think we all need to hear from real people who say they have tried such and such a plan and it really works! Those soups will be so filling and I think of soup as a comfort food. Plus they take awhile to eat so your brain keeps up with your stomach.

Vicki, I was thinking of weighing this morning but didn't. I am getting nervous as my clothes are not getting looser. May have to weigh in the morning to make sure I am not heading in the wrong direction.

Made Linda Sue's "Just like stuffed baked potatoes" yesterday. Really good but high calorie. I love the taste of cream cheese and cheddar cheese melted together. (too much though)

Haved a great sunday all!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, I love, love that recipe. I make it several times a year, especially around the holidays. Good for you for not giving in to the demon scale.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello? Hello? Is anybody home?

We sure are a quiet bunch today. Gotta run - laundry and Olympics.

BTW down over 12 pounds!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Um, yea, I was here. We posted at the same time.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Vicki, I did give in to the demon scale. Was just too afraid things might be getting out of control. I was hanging steady but need to get a move on here with some weight loss.

Sort of glad the weekend is over and I will be away from the kitchen for the next 8 hours! lol

Have a great Monday Blitzers!
Closed Thread