Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
Dr. Atkins said:

it is a more natural function for the body to be in movement, than for the body to be idle. I am THE EXCEPTION which proves the rule. Right now i want to be lying down in a cool room with the music on. THAT IS ALL. that is what feels natural to me, right now. Of course, i am at work. Well, in an hour i will be. I always come earlier to adjust to the day's new planetary influences. At least it is Friday. I am going to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when I get home. I need to be up and about this weekend. I suppose it is a good opportunity to try those sublingual b12 tablets. I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Actually, I am not at the tournament yet. I am out of state on business and at the mercy of what others place in front of me as far as food choices. I emailed the contact person for this conference indicating my dietary preferences to no avail. For lunch yesterday there was a ceaser salad already dressed (with way too much dressing), deli sandwiches or wraps, grilled veggies and desserts. So, I loaded my plate with salad, and grilled veggies. I did eat a very small butter cake triangle that St. Louis is apparently known for.

When reviewing the info about the conference, dinner was to be at a Seafood place. I had reviewed the menu online anticipating what I would order. A more current email had come a day before indicating a change in restaraunts of which I missed. We ate at a place called Dave and Buster's. I looked at the menu online before we went and figured out what I would order. We were in a meeting room and it was a buffet. So, again, I had to make the best of what was on hand. This place has a separate arcade room for adults, no one under 21 allowed except with parent. Geesh, we were given a $10 game card to "play" games that spit out those tickets of which you cash in on cheesy, cheap prizes. I passed.

Appetizers were pretzel bites with cheese sauce and tortilla chips with what looked like artichoke dip. I passed. Dinner was the preformed all-the-same-size manufactured grilled chicken breasts with optional sauce of some kind. Grilled shrimp on a skewer, mac and cheese, a tossed multi green salad again laden with way too much dressing, except this was something sweet and halved tomatos with parmesan cheese, warmed and green beans. I ate the chicken and shrimp, tomatoes and green beans.

This morning at the motel, the typical hot breakfast was served. Scrambled fake eggs, round meat items that appeared to be sausage, HB fake eggs and the array of carby breakfast items and fruit. I did eat a banana with pb today and yesterday along with an apple. I did eat the fake scrambled and HB eggs along with the "meat" patties. Just in case lunch doesn't present with acceptable options, I took 3 HB eggs and an apple to eat for later.

The sad thing is, people think this crap is healthy.

Since I didn't exercise yesterday due to arrising at 3 to make a 630 flight, I did exercise some this morning in the room. There is an exercise room but I didn't pack workout clothes. Anyway, off to conference soon. TTYL

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
Old 07-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/225.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
vicki, it sounds like you did really well under the circumstances - good choices, girl!...keep it up...

lucy, what kind of dressing did you special order? - i'm curious...sounds like a nice company...vermont is a cool environment in general and has some very cool companies like ben and jerry's...maybe that could be your next gig!...omg, that could be disastrous...lol...how did your idea on the bikini waxing go over?... :-)

ff, GET OUT!...lol...

i thought this article was interesting...lots of truth in there:
Weight Watchers Tips: CEO David Kirchhoff On What It Takes To Keep Off The Pounds

planning on another good day today - i'm waking up not feeling like i'm at war with food these days...i'm expecting to have a good day and to make good choices...that is an important difference in mindset for me...

let's have a great friday, kids and kick off a great weekend and drop a little weight by tuesday!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #154

Vicki...the fates were conspiring against you!!!

Dr. Atkins says that in a situation like that you make the best choices available. Next time, take some emergency eats for before and after the event in an insulated bag. Meanwhile, to minimize, take your vitamins and get what physical activity you can. Do not get stressed over that which yuou have no control. TONY, I will be out. I have to pay a bill, get some postage stamps, and get my low carb bread. We are finally going to have the birthday(a friend) lunch on Sunday at a diner that has pistachio ice cream, or they did the last time i was there. i WILL call to verify. then, Monday I become more structured in my low carb WOE. I will attempt a 30 gr a day, with the larger portions being the green leafy veggies, and the smaller portions-the fun stuff. IE one 5 Guys burger(the double ones), not 3, and on my low carb toast, not their buns. FF
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #155

i just did more exercise now, than in all of June

& July put together. The restrooms on my side were out of order, so i had to go to the other side if the universe to take care of my needs. Underneath that facility is the cafeteria. for lunch i took fried fish, a side of pasta and sauce, and broccoli. for dinner, i took roast chicken, mac/cheese and broccoli. If i am gonna start Monday, i need some closure. I will close
Sunday with my fave dessert: apple crumb pie with two scoops of pistachio ice cream. If i was gonna be executed i could not think of a better way to leave this world. FF
Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, enjoy your mini-indulgences this weekend - sounds yummy - pistachio is one of my very favorite flavors, and depending on my mood, it is often my first choice!...

well, i climbed on the scale and weighed in at 212.4...it's been a year or so, i think, since i weighed less than 213...bottom line is that i have lost 3.6 lbs. in the last 10 days and that feels pretty good...i am 10 lbs heavier than i was at my all-blitz low last year sometime and i am hoping i can get there again by the end of this blitz...

i will record this as my official weigh-in for the week, as an incentive to try not to gain by the next official weigh-in on tuesday...

how is everyone doing today?...kbeth?...lucy?...marilee?...vicki?...(ff, i know how you are doing!) :-)
Old 07-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I'm here. Down a pound this morning but a bazillion to go.

Going shopping tomorrow to stock up on "on plan" foods.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WAY TO GO, MARILEE!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone for your support!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
On my way to the grocery store to stock up for the week. Plan to make a pot roast in the crock pot when I get home. Feeling guilty as DH as had tv dinners for the most part this week which he bought. lol Then a marathon cleaning spree and go visit my elderly relative.

Tony, I brought my own dressing (newman's vinegar and olive oil) as the dressing the salad had last week was awful. But they didn't have salad with the pizza so I had the toppings off two slices as planned. Kringle Candle is located in Bernardston, Massachusetts by the way.

Will write more later as I need to get over to Brattleboro to shop before I lose my momentum!

Talk to you all later!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, that's right!!!...we did head south to massachusetts to get there...thanks for setting me straight!...

good luck filling the house with good stuff...i am a firm believer that our progress each week is largely determined by what we allow into our shopping carts...i'm notorious for justifying the inclusion of stuff that shouldn't be in there, but i have gotten so much better in the past few months!...

the wedding we are attending today is an outside affair at a lake in maine - seems like a nice place but nothing fancy, which i like - i've never seen this before, but the meal is brick oven pizza!...wish the dress wasn't "daytime formal" - had to look that up!...the whole thing starts at 4:30 and it is almost a 3-hour ride up there, so we will try to get an early start, just in case we it traffic, which is actually likely...

made a quick but delicious beef chili last night - i'm really getting good at chili...dw made mac and cheese which is my kids' favorite, but didn't bake it yet as she set it up for them to throw in the oven today when we are gone...

ate later than usual last night as i was grazing on the chili, but i didn't eat much - just several small doses of 3-4 spoonfuls each...

i am trying to focus on the fact that i am only 13 lbs. from 1derland...seems like so little and yet so so much weight to lose...maybe because i haven't been there since i was 30 years old...i am committed to getting there this time!...i can't believe i was only 2 lbs. away last year and couldn't reach the finish line...if that isn't a great example of self-sabotage, i don't know what is???...

gonna try to keep it under 300 calories before the pizza this afternoon and then limit it to 1-2 slices and as little crust as possible, if any, depending on how they serve it...

hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Got my shopping done, visited relative and brought him some zuchinis and cukes from the garden and got the pot roast simmering in the crock pot. Did not get the vacuuming and dusting done so will tackle that after church and breakfast tomorrow.

I did pick up two heads of lettuce and a pack of mini tomatoes for some salads this week. It is a pain to have to wash the lettuce rather than buy the bags already washed and ready to go but those bags are so expensive and only last for like a meal and a half. It doesn't keep well either I've noticed.

Tony, hope you and DW had a nice time at the wedding. The weather shouldn't be too humid today. Brick oven pizza sounds very good. Probably alot more tasty than the usual wedding fare.

Vicki, I sure was confused joining your business meeting with the ball tournament. lol You are so organized going on line to see what the restaurants had to offer and e-mailing the contact person - too bad they didn't cooperate. thank goodness for salads and grilled veggies!

FF, sounds like you have a good plan. A relaxed day with sunday dinner at the diner and then 30 carbs a day after that! Hope you got to walk around a little today with the errands you had planned!

Marilee, one pound down is very good! What did you pick up today on your shopping trip?
Besides the pot roast and heads of lettuce I got a pack of ground beef, a keilbasa and some cube steaks.

Hope you are all having a great afternoon!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

The rest of yesterday and flights home were uneventful. Lunch, despite my previous email about my food preferences, consisted of sandwiches, pasta salad and cookies. Thankfully, I had taken 3 HB eggs and an apple from the motel just in case . . . well, that is what I had. I did indulge in 1 cookie. At the airport, I grabbed a Chicken Caeser salad and some chips. I know I had control over that, oh well.

Today we are now where the ball tournament is. Cleaned out the refrig at home and ate lunch consisting of jicama, deli turkey, cheese and strawberries. Supposed to have pizza tonight as a big group. We will see. We need to get groceries for the motel.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:29 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Having alot of computer problems this morning so this will be short and sweet.

Tony, that was a good article by the ceo of weight watchers. Thanks!

I was reading some posts about the S Diet that were pretty interesting before the computer decided it was not going to cooperate.No S Diet: No snacks, sweets, seconds, except on days that start with S.

I'll check back later.

Have a great Sunday Blitzers!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #165
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, thanks for the link.

My son's team won last night 15-9, whoop, whoop. I looked at the concession stand menu and the only items on there that would work for me was diet pop and a dill pickle. Or, a hot dog or loose meat sandwich if I wanted to toss the bun. Not worth it. I guess I am used to the concession stand in my town that offers two kinds of salads.

After the game we went to the grocery store and stocked up on deli meat, deli cheese, celery, carrots, cherries and apples. We did each get a premade Cobb Salad for supper though. I also bought peanuts in the shell. We ate the salad after we returned to the motel.

This morning I did 35 minutes on the eliptical, stretched out on a stretching machine and did some upper body work with weights along with ab work on the ball for a total workout time of about 45 minutes or so.

I am getting into the groove, yippee. Now, I haven't weighed for quite some time, maybe two weeks or so. I am not sure if I will when we get home at the end of the week, we will see.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, sounds like you are doing great...my STRONG advice to you is to NOT climb on the scale UNTIL you are so well-entrenched in this new routine and woe that you will not be discouraged or at risk of falling off the wagon even if the scale shows a gain...NOTHING is worth putting your motivation at risk....

marilee, how did saturday go?...what do you have planned for sunday?...i love hearing your menus - they are so yummy!....

abi, are you having a problem with the computer or is the computer having a problem with you???...enjoy breakfast at the CC this morning...my friend from brattleboro is spending a three-day weekend with his 80 year old mother in maine...hopefully he spent last night and will spend today at our cottage...for his wife's 50th birthday a few weeks ago, i gave them a key to both the cottage and my apartment in nashville...

looking forward to a good day - the weather is beautiful!...i may take a ride to maine myself to see all the work my boys did this week while i was away...they want to surprise me so they won't tell me what they've done...

the wedding was really nice yesterday - the lake was beautiful - and the weather could not have been better!...our friend's son has a beautiful bride, but they met while teaching in s. korea and may live in thailand near her parents...they are spending a few days of their honeymoon at the cottage too...we left at 9 p.m. and had a 3-hr drive home, so thinking about the 3-hr drive back to maine is a bit daunting, but we'll see...

my 21-year-old daughter came home from school to be with my 16-yr old son yesterday while we were gone and they had an adventure...they went on a road trip around new england, with stops on cape cod, providence and dinner in northern RI...very cute...

the boys came home late last night , so the six of us hung out for awhile before bed - didn't get to sleep until 2! - about the same time lucy was waking up!...we called sarah at midnight to wish her a happy 24th birthday...sad we are not with her, but we will be this week - sent her some flowers yesterday!...

let's have a great day kids!...

Last edited by tony8; 07-22-2012 at 06:08 AM..
Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

had a salad at noon for breakfast and a couple of chili dogs with mustard, onions and cheddar as a late lunch...

have marinated steak tips and chicken breasts for the grill but the gas is low and i'm not sure how hungry we're gonna be tonight...stay tuned...lol...

hope everyone is feeling strong and eating healthy... :-)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i know you guys have been on the edge of your seat, but i didn't grill tonight - instead i made some tuna with mayo and onions and put a slice of tomato on it...very good...
:-)

hope everyone is having a wonderful sunday night!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, we are all standing in line for our keys to your cottage on the ocean and apartment in Nashville! lol You certainly are a very generous friend. I bet your friends whose son just got married are pretty upset that he may live in Twaiwan. That is just too far away. Especially when the grandkids come along. Missouri is too far for me!

Well, FF, I didn't have to call Luciano to come fix my computer thank goodness. It seems to be working ok at the moment. I'm holding my breath though. Were you able to get out and do some walking this weekend?

Vicki, I am reading some of the success stories right now on the no s diet. Very interesting.

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 AM   #170

well, i did get out yesterday!

but no walking except for 1 block from the bus to the pharmacy. it was too hot plus my feet were in too much pain to walk the extra block to get postage stamps. i did have a great meal at lunchtime. THE COMPLETE dinner as opposed to the alacarte dinner (a difference of about $5.00). i had the charbroiled porkchops with soup salad, potato, vegetable, beveridge and dessert. I had the apple crumb pie with only ONE scoop of pistachio washed down with iced coffee. Well, today is the day. Trasition is difficult, but a tad easier because I want to be more flexible, and, well... lighter. I have a little over 2 months before the POKONOS, and i am a wreck at this juncture. Wish me luck!!! FF
Old 07-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good luck, ff!!!!!!!!!!!!!...hope you are feeling the motivation - if you have that, you can do anything!...

abi, if you can find the cottage, i'll tell you where you can find the key!...lol...

my youngest son and i may take a ride up there today - i wanna see what the boys did before we leave for nashville and anyone stays up there...

if we make it back early enough, i will grill the tips and chicken, if not, they will probably hit the freezer as sue and the older boys may hit the road to nash tomorrow...

let's start this week off with a flourish of restraint!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Abi, what is the no s diet you are referring to and where are the success stories.

Tony, I will heed your advice and stay away from the scale.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #173

to be on the safe side, i am staying away from SHOPRITE

for today. i will get my usual(on plan) chinese repertoire and enjoy every bite. To refresh everyone's memory, it is the sauceless ribs & shrimp and broccoli, w/o sugar, flour, or cornstarch. Once I burn off my stored glycogens(which should take about 3 days), I will, over the course of 2 weeks, climb up to 30 net grams. One hopes, that i will be able to make the necessary course correction, and lower my portion quantities. That is the tricky part, isn't it? FF
Old 07-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good idea, vicki...it sounds like you are doing great, but i'd err on the side of caution until you are more firmly entrenched on your plan...

ff, good luck once again - i know you are gonna do FANTASTIC!!!...enjoy the chinese food tonight!

had a good day - fasted until 6:30 p.m. and then had a nice dinner: marinated steak tips and chicken breast and some green beans with butter...

i drove to maine today and the boys had re-roofed the house!...i was shocked!...it looks so good...they did a lot of other stuff too...i didn't want to leave...lol...i have such great kids...bought 4 quarts of wild maine blueberries at a roadside stand on the way home, and had a handful after dinner - wow!

how is everyone else doing???
Old 07-24-2012, 01:36 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, the no s diet is no snacks, no sweets, no seconds except on days starting with s. Here are some testemonials. No S Diet: Testimonials.

Tony, ha ha. You will have no worry about me finding your cottage. I took a wrong turn my second day on the job just driving to Bernardston. lol By the way, we got a new record yesterday ( by about 20 candles)

FF, so sorry about the feet. How about a cheap stationary bike? Know you don't have a big apartment by maybe they make one that collapses you can slide under your bed? Your meal sounded so delicious except the pistachio ice cream. Now if it had been maple walnut I would say yum.

Tony, you do have some wonderful kids! What a blessing!

Vicki, I am staying off the scale for now too. Will weigh when my pants feel looser.

Have a wonderful day all!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #176

no more stuff in the apartment.

once it gets cool enough in the place to do work, i shall be getting rid of lots of stuff. i can walk on my feet, but i cannot stand on my feet. of course once i put shoes or sneakers or anything on my feet, then walking becomes problematic. I made it through DAY ONE. I actually threw out about 7 ribs. I could not look at them anymore. Today, I must make my pilgrimage to SHOPRITE after work, I have nothing left to drink in the house. Until, i can get to THE BAKERY this weekend, i will make do with Toufayan pitas which are 7 grams net for 1 pita, 6 pitas per pack. Read labels as they make other products as well. FF
Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, you are welcome to come to maine anytime...i'm trying to create an incentive for you to find it!...lol...

today is the last day in nh - we leave for nash tomorrow - sue and the boys too, as my second boy had plans with his gf today...

gonna try a lot of water today as i haven't drunk enough the past few days...and some pool exercise!

i think marilee and i are the only bltzers weighing right now - not sure about kbeth - ummm, oh, kbeth, how are you doing, kid?...
Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the info Abi. I like waiting to weigh when clothes feel looser. Makes sense to me.

My son's team has won all 3 games thus far. Apparently this determined what seed they were. (I have no clue what this means LOL). We are now in bracket play, whatever that means.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Have yet to read everyone's posts from the last couple of weeks. I feel like it's a soap opera ("As The Fat Burns") and I've missed too many episodes! lol. My brother's wedding is this weekend, so it's pretty nutty around these parts.
My health is on the upswing, and I feel as though this flare is coming to an end. Praise the Lord! That was a long one!
I am doing better food-wise. Just realized that I have to be careful of the protein powder I had. It was sweet and chocolatey....and I managed to turn even THAT into a binge item!! (rolling of eyes) So, apparently anything that resembles desert is off limits for now. Dang.
Plan to spend some time on here Wed or Thurs. Looking forward to reading up on your lives.
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody. Finally got my head on straight.

Yes, Tony, I am weighing but I'm not telling!
Closed Thread