Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 02:35 AM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, hope the landscaping project worked out well for you. Just think, six months from now you will be able to dance a jig without pain! It will be so great! You will feel like a kid again!

I found some frozen blueberries in the freezer and have sprinkled them across a kind of cheesecake concoction to bring to work for snacks. I mashed up the cream cheese with some lemon juice and vanilla flavored torani sugar free syrup for a sort of cheese cake flavor. I'll see how this works to get me back in line. I am definitely out of ketosis at the moment. They will provide lunch today but don't know yet what it is. Probably the deli make a sandwich platters. I have some pork roast packed for myself. If it is pizza I will eat the tops off a couple of pieces.

Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-14-2012 at 02:37 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2012, 04:28 AM   #482
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
a miracle i was able to pull myself together this a.m.

and get to work. Wagner is tough, especially after a long day of work. I was able to get through Act II. then Mr Sandman took me away. Eventually, i will have to get this new production on dvd...when the prices come down. It would make a nice retirement gift for myself. Tonight is the last and longest of the 4 parts...GOETTERDAEMMERUNG. I see lots of caffeine in the immediate future, begining in about 20 minutes. FF
Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Morning! No news to report....still on plan and things are status quo.

Tony, don't overwork yourself on the landscaping project.

Better get to it - I'll check back in later.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, good to see you!

abi, hope things worked out with the lunch and getting back on track...just try to limit the damage while you are in this craving phase...you're gonna be fine...

marilee, i'm proud of you for staying on track, kid... :-)

ff, what did you and wagner have for dinner, bro?...

good day today...was in pain this morning, and skipped the exercise but worked on landscaping...i just did what i could do...i do think i am seeing some improvement, for instance, i am not having as much pain while driving...anyway, i will do the full regimen of workouts tomorrow...

didn't eat anything until 5 p.m. when i had a banana...then for dinner i made a chicken, beef and veggie stir-fry...it was delicious!...

we may head to maine tomorrow after planting some mums at the building, so if i'm mia, you'll know why...

have a great saturday everyone!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 09-15-2012, 01:49 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Mums are gorgeous this time of year. I especially love to see the purple and cranberry colors together. I drive by 5 acres farm on the way to work and they have hundreds of plants growing out on tarps with watering hoses under them. Every day big batches are gone as they get sent out out to different distributers.

Tony, have fun in Maine and glad you are having relief while driving from all your exercising!

FF, did the caffeine keep you awake to enjoy your whole concert last night? Hope so.

Marilee, happy you are still on plan. I am making another attempt to do the same today. Need to do the marathon clean to get ready for son in laws visit Friday and family dinner. Hope it will keep me too busy to think about eating off plan. I am looking at the thread that has high fat, moderate protein and low carb recipes to see what appeals to me and will get me remotivated.

Have some jeans on today that always excentuated the muffin top the way the waist band is cut and really do see less muffin. lol So I need to stop this foolishness right now before I undo all the good of the last month!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, when you crave something bad, try to force yourself to eat something good with a glass of water...if you do that successfully one choice at a time, you will eventually kill the cravings...find your mojo, girl and remember how hard you worked for the losses you got!...

i go through the same things regularly, and for some reason, when you are in it, it's hard to see your way out of it, but it's right there in front of us and not as hard as we think it is...

YOU CAN DO IT!

about to start a LOOONG exercise session...i am really enjoying the small improvements i have seen and felt and don't wanna give them up! :-)
Old 09-16-2012, 02:37 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Marathon cleaning session yesterday getting ready for son in laws visit and family dinner Friday. It is great to have the motivation to get things done I have been avoiding.

Eating was better yesterday but not back to where it should be. Tony, it seems like when I am in binge mode all the good advice gets ignored. It is a self destructive mind game. Hard to explain but all the things I should do to get through the danger time go right out the window. Then I could kick myself when I'm finally over it.

Have had two oz of cream cheese mashed with sf vanilla syrup and a little lemon juice this morning. Will order 3 scrambled eggs at the cc for breakfast. Going to try to eat something every couple of hours over the afternoon and get some water drinking going.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #488

i just drank my usual repertoire. I was not hungry.

i saw the great majority of Goetterdaemmerung incl all of Act I, and the 1st 2 scenes of Act II. I then returned to Act III having missed the Siegfried/Rheinmaidens scene, but saw all the rest. Thumbs up for most of the production, that is that part I saw. I am sure it will be
tweaked over the years. The singing was extraordinary. These extremely declamatory roles are not easy to fill or make a career of. It started at 9pm and went on due 1:30am. You certainly get your $$$ worth, for those that afford tickets. FF
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, good to see you on a sunday - what a treat!...

abi, i know exactly what you mean - and when you are deciding to eat something you know you shouldn't, it seems like a reasonable decision - i don't understand it either - but i live it too...i like your idea of eating small meals/snacks every couple of hours and drinking a lot...if you can keep hunger away, that may help...good luck, girl...

spent the night in maine and had baked haddock for dinner last night...today had turkey and cheese for lunch and 3 pieces of fried chicken for dinner...really good but i'm gonna have to have a lo-cal day tomorrow and flush with lots of water...

Pt in the morning...see y'all tomorrow...nitey-nite, marilee :-)
Old 09-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to be back to work and on a schedule. Eating more often yesterday helped but still ate some stuff I shouldn't have.

Just ate 1oz of cream cheese for breakfast and have some ground beef and a small container of sour cream dip and some pork rinds for lunch and snacks today. Will probably have more of the same for dinner. Trying to keep the fat high and the protein moderate. Carbs low. Reading the nutritional ketosis threads. I think for my height I should be only eating between 47 and 57 grams of protein a day. More than that converts to glucose like carbs do. All very interesting.

FF, glad you managed to stay awake for most of production! It is great to hear from you on the weekend too!

Tony, nice that you made it to Maine and had some delicous seafood! Hope you manage the low cal day with lots of water.

Bought the ham for the dinner on Friday night. Still have several projects to do to get house in order. Going to be a challenge to have the energy after work each day and the motivation to do them!

Hey Marilee and Vicki!

Have a great Monday Blitzers!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:27 AM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, i think you're doing the right thing, reading and learning about the physiology of what you NEED and comparing it to what you want...

one big change for me has been that when i allow myself a treat - like fried chicken last night - i make a deal with myself to be extra good for a few days afterward and i've kept those deals...so, there are some leftovers, but i will not eat them...makes me less guilty about allowing myself a treat occasionally... :-)

marilee, how is the mf going?...
Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

I took a weekend sabbatical from the computer. I'm on it all day at work so sometimes I just need a break.

MF is going fine - I've almost lost the weight I gained by being off program and I'm determined to stay on plan. I really want to get back in the 200's again so that is my goal. Should be there by Thanksgiving....at least I hope so. OH NO! THANKSGIVING!!!!

The weather is getting better. I was actually able to open up the house in the wee hours of the morning Saturday and Sunday and get some fresh air. The kitties were so happy! All the little noses were twitching.

Today's eats:

B-MF blueberrry oatmeal
S-MF cinnamon cereal
L-MF chicken and wild rice soup
S-MF s'more crunch bar
D-turkey burgers with lettuce, tomatoes and onions
S-MF chocolate shake

I'll touch base later - need to get to work.

Marilee
Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #493

nothing new...just checking in.

weather has been behaving well. rain for tomorrow. that's okay. drinking more than eating. talk to y'all later. FF
Old 09-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you are quiet as a church mouse today...hope all is well, bro...

marilee, i'm so proud of you and how well you are doing!...that mf menu sounds so yummy again!

had a great day...PT went really well - she is adding weight to my leg for the exercises and commented that she can't believe how much progress i have made in 3 sessions...made me feel good...my legs are feeling a lot stronger, although the joint pain is about the same...the good leg has been achier as i've been working it as well...

got a call from the red cross today and they scheduled me to give two pints of my blood - to be held for my surgery - one on october 1st and one on 8th...if you donate to the general bank, you have to wait 112 days, but for yourself you only have to wait 4 days...not sure i like the idea of being drained of a quart of blood in one week, but i guess they know what they're doing <gulp> let me know if you know anything on this subject...

had a good eating day...skipped breakfast and lunch, and had roast chicken and grilled veggies for dinner - very good...drinking a lot and not peeing much so i'll either be up all night or i'll weigh 475 lbs. tomorrow!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, sure hope you were not up all night! That is a bummer. Wonderful that you are making so much progress with your PT sessions. It has got to help with your recovery time. I don't envy your having to give a quart of blood in a week's time! I gave blood once and the second time I tried I about passed out. I am real squeemish about needles - always have been. Polio shots at school as a kid- I'd have to go lie down in the nurses office with a smelly cotton ball that was supposed to revive you if you fainted. lol What a wuss!

FF, you were pretty quiet yesterday? Are you still recouperating from your late night/early morning opera marathon?

Marilee, your meals yesterday sounded so good. Turkey burgers - yummy!

I am still stuggling. Had what I had planned for the day until I got home from work and then drifted off into too many carbs. Will try to shore up my attempts at nice clean eating again today. I am nervous about putting on this dinner Friday only because I won't get home until 4 and family could start arriving at 5. Trying to juggle too many plans in too short a time. House looked great on Sat. but it is already starting to disintegrate. lol

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning! New number since starting MF - I changed my stats.

Tony, I've never had to have my blood taken and saved for surgery so I can't offer any advice. But, you are right - I'm sure they know what they are doing. So happy about your PT! You are a great example of what perseverance can do.

Abi, stay strong. It's hard to stay on plan - heck, I fall off of it on a regular basis. The end result is, you are making more good choices than bad.

ff-Hey! Are you drowning yet? You must love the weather - rainy and cool.

Well, best get to work....

Vicki? How are you?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #497

i would have preferred less rain...BUT...

keeping it below 80 is just fine. Nothing happening. Enjoying my last day off until work resumes. I hope everyone is having a great day. Until tomorrow, FF
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, i'm proud of you for keeping at it!...you're gonna have a clean day today or soon and then will be back on your way...i shopped yesterday and my big key is just letting good stuff in the house so i have no choice but to behave - even then, i can find ways to stray if i really put my mind to it...

marilee!!!!...you are rocking the blitz girl!...KUDOS!...wow, we are only a couple of weeks from the end of this one...boy, did that fly by!...

today:
b: grilled veggies
l: toppings off 2 pizza slices
d: ?
Old 09-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks gang for the pep talks. I am going to keep at it until I am back on plan. It may be Saturday that I can get back totally but I will try every day until then.

Marilee! I am so thrilled you are having such success! When one of us does well we are all happy!

FF, glad you are enjoying the cooler weather! Boy, it sure rained hard last night! I don't know when DH last emptied the rain gauge out in the garden but today it says 4 inches!

Tony, did you measure how much rain you got yesterday?

Have a great Wed. all!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 AM   #500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, the power went out at about 8:30, but it wasn't even raining - just a little wind....i guess it rained overnight, but i have no idea how much...it didn't seem like much of a storm here...power came back around 1 a.m....

i know you're gonna get back on the horse - try a stepstool :-)

had about 4 oz of leftover roast chicken for dinner last night and that was it...gonna try to have another light day today...forgot to weigh before breakfast and drinking water yesterday and may skip today too...

will be out most of the day...i will check in on y'all later...have a great hump day!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #501

you are eating so little, Tony, for a long while now

perhaps you ought to offer propitiatory prayers and sacrifices to the Scale God. Well, it couldn't hurt. If there is a silver lining to your hospital stay, it is that no one comes out without losing a few lbs. I lost 15 lbs in the 10 or 11 days I was in. Maybe it was just air coming out of the holes from all the needles they were sticking me with. but I do not argue with weight loss, just with weight gain, when i feel it is undeserved. Believe it or not, incl today, 12 more days till the end of Blitz X. FF
Old 09-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy cow! Only 12 days left in this Blitz????? Yikes....

Things are ok on this end - nothing to report.

I'll pop back in later.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi guys!

ff, i am counting on some weight loss while i am recovering, but i guess i may gain first from the swelling - i think vicki told me that...i haven't been eating a lot, but i have not been following a curfew so i am eating longer and overall, more than i should...

hi marilee...hope you and lucy are having good days at work! :-)

had an early meeting, drove to ri and now i am back home...whew!...

just did all my exercises - PT and regular and i will weigh tomorrow...haven't eaten a thing yet today but drank a lot of water...
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #504

Tony, that is what u get for being such a SWELL guy!!!

It will all work out in the end. When I put the seat belt in my brother's car, on 10/5/12, i will know the extent of the damage. Meanwhile, time to fill up on seltzer. choc soda, and some fruit flavored diet soda as well. When i get home from SHOPRITE. i will probably drop. I am bushed. I think I shall drink my dinner this evening. Too tired to throw anything together. FF
Old 09-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, Tony, I'm having a good day, but I don't know about "Lucy"....
Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, marilee, at least we know half of the comedy team had a good day...i may start calling you ethel! :-)

thanks for the encouragement ff...let us know if you were able to take in solid food tonight...curious minds want to know...

made hot dogs on the grill for dinner - ate 3 with mustard, mayo, onions and cheddar - one on half a roll...very good...

hope everyone has a good night...PT in the early afternoon tomorrow and then a haircut...
Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" - almost on a daily basis I have to contend with this message concerning LCF. I usually am in the middle of writing my post or reading someone elses when the site kicks me off. I have to click about 20 times before it will finally let me back on. I have learned to copy my post before I even finish writing it so I don't lose the whole thing. All I can think of is that from 3am to 6am is the peak traffic time on the site and it just can't handle the load. Oh well, I will just have to grin and bear it.

Lucy had a good day yesterday. Two temps gone and two seasonal workers started. You just never know from one day to the next what is going to happen. Eating wise I need to get that step stool out Tony. Funny.

FF, that is one way to lose the "swelling" -

Marilee, I am shocked this blitz is almost over also. I had such great hopes of getting close to goal but does not look like it is going to happen on this round.

Need to come home tonight and get alot done. Get food prepared for dinner tomorrow, do some last minute sprucing up etc. Hope I can muster up some extra energy!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #508

mayo on a dog, Tony?

Well, u certainly are not Jewish! I could see the cheese (which I like on burgers, but not on franks). Chacun a son gout (that is French, not Ferenghi). I am sure you know it means "to each his/her own". Frankly, ,my perfect frank is THE FRANK with kraut and kosher deli style mustard. THAT IS IT. although, I have been known on rare occasion to incl relish. Good weather continueing, but not upstairs. I still need to keep the fan on. Later, guys & gals! FF
Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, someone suggested mayo and mustard on dogs and roast beef sandwiches and i found the combo worked for me - not sure i would like mayo without the mustard...on dogs i love cheese, chili, onions, mustard, relish - almost anything...as i get older, i get more adventurous!...

hey lucy, i bet they will eventually offer you a perm job...the longer you are there, the more sense it makes for them...if you are in an unmotivated phase, just try to limit the damage, rather than beating yourself up...try a weight-window and work to stay in that range...you'll be fine!

i was hoping to get to 1derland by the end of this blitz and i got lost along the way...less than 6 weeks til surgery and i have found my mojo again...gonna shoot to get under 210...we'll see...

PT at 1 today...got some work to do before that...have a great day, kids...i'll check in later...
Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ethyl???? Really??? Gee thanks!

I'd rather be Bette Midler.....

How's everyone doing? When I have hot dogs, I like them with good old fashioned yellow mustard and onions....yummy!

Things are going great. I've been on plan and after I got dressed today, I checked myself out in the mirror and some of my lumps have gotten less lumpy. I'm so happy. I have a lot of lumps and rolls and it's nice to see them getting a bit smaller. So, if the scale doesn't move - something is still happeneing that's good.

Here's today's eats:

B-MF caramel crunch bar
S-MF cinnamon brown sugar cereal
L-MF chicken noodle soup
S-MF S'more crunch bar
D-pork chop with zucchinni
S-MF chocolate shake

Stay strong - I'll check back later.
Closed Thread