Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, I enjoyed my 3 scrambled eggs at the cc today. They called DH yesterday to come in and work today. They thought there would be alot of debris on the fairways but things looked pretty good. Did you get any strong winds etc. at all last night?

Back on track today and yes, I did enjoy the stuff I got into last night but there was a limited selection. lol

Good going on doing all the exercises and resisting the pancakes. Boy that's a tough one!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/219/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
okay, had salad with feta, evoo and acv for a late breakfast and a scoop of chicken salad for lunch...also hit the butcher shop and stocked up on steak tips and chicken breasts for dinner...

it is turning out to be a beautiful, sunny, late summer afternoon in new england...70s and dry...YES!...ff must be enjoying this... :-)
Old 09-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, no wind at all really...it was breezier mid-afternoon than it was at night...go figure!

hope you are a good girl today...lol...
Old 09-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Tony, I managed to stay pretty good until the evening. Whenever I fall off the wagon I have a hard time getting back on. But back in the work routine today so hope I am back to clean eating.

I just made some egg salad to take to work. Will probably have a couple of oz of cream cheese for snacks and pork roast for dinner.

Son in law e-mailed me he will be in Hartford for a meeting on the 21st and will drive up for a family dinner and spend the night. We are so excited! Unfortunately half the family had already made plans to be out of town that day. They haven't seen him for over a year. I got to see him in May when I went to Missouri.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day and weather was nice a cool last night. Love to be able to open the windows for some fresh air.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #455
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
nyc also getting great weather relief.

Sat, 9/8/12 was the 46th anniversary of the airing of the 1st episode of Star Trek: entitled WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE. In James T. KirK's generation, they had not reached the distances necessary to meet up with the Ferenghi. But fear not. we were out there boldly going where no merchant adventurer had gone before. I stayed in yesterday, but I am getting my hair shorn as soon as work is over. It is LONG overdue. I did not make it to B & N or 5 Guys this weekend. But, i have a long weekend coming up, so i shall make up for lost time. Wagner's Ring Cycle begins tomorrow evening on PBS. It is always a great event when any opera house puts on a Ring production. I MAY allow myself 1 beer for Friday's Goetterdaemmerung(Twilight of the Gods). I am not susceptible to alcohol as I am to food. My Shoprite has quite a selection. However, i have not made a commitment yet. I am trying to make a big splash weight loss wise for my retirement date. It is only 1 month left to POKONOS weekend, and the best i can hope for is that my current attire will get measurably looser. FF
Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi guys, quick note as i have a meeting and gotta run...

abi, it will be easier to stay on track while you are back in your work routine...good luck today!

ff, sounds like you had a nice weekend...when is your ww rejoin date?...

all is well here - feeling strong and on track...had about 3 oz. grilled chicken for breakfast...no idea of what's happening the rest of the day...

i'll check back later! :-)
Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #457

barring the unforeseen, i should rejoin WW

latter 1/2 of Oct. I am working out portion control issues, and my energy is returning. I (in the absence of excess humidity)have a pep-step, which is a significant improvement over my summertime schlepp-step. If i can consistently stay with portion control, then i can limit my daily carbs (net)in the 40-50 range (with most of them in the veggie/salad dept). Let us see what happens in the next 30 days. FF
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey everybody. I took a couple of days off from the internet. Back to work after being off. We got some rain and the temperatures are lowering, which is a good thing.

I'll check back in later....
Old 09-11-2012, 01:34 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee and FF, glad you are both ok from all the weather issues the past few days!

FF, yea for the pep step after the shlep step. lol

Marilee, happy the temps are coming down some!

I'm back on track Tony after a couple of derailments over the weekend. Getting back to work really does help me.

Weather is cool this morning at 47 degrees! I am enjoying it and know FF is too.

Had the egg salad yesterday along with ground beef. Just finished the egg salad for breakfast and am bringing a hamburger and 2oz of cream cheese for lunch and snacks.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #460

Abi, I will be ecstatic when it is 47 BELOW zero!!!

Well, Strike 2 for me! Strike 1 was coming back from the cleaners and finding I had no cleaning. Well, i sent out some personal mail to my (earth)brother. He called me yesterday to enquire why he had not received it yet. the mystery was solved last evening when i opened the mailbox, and there it was returned for LACK OF POSTAGE!!! I am losing weight all right- IN MY BRAIN!!! Last night was a documentary all about the Metopera's new Wagner's Ring Cycle. Tonight it begins for real (with English subtitles running across your tv screen). WE certainly cannot afford tickets to be there in person. the DVD set is about $150.00. So get out your copying machines& if you are at all interested (i still have vhs), and tune in. FF
Old 09-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, good to see y'all!

abi, congrats for getting back on track...i knew you would :-)

ff, your ww schedule sounds like a plan - good luck with the portion control...btw, all your talk about 5 guys got me thinking about them and i picked up some of their burgers for dinner last night...had a few fries too, but just a taste...

marilee, welcome back to the web...lol...hope you enjoy the cooler weather...how's mf going?...what's on the menu today?

still very sore...i go for in-office PT this morning - wonder if they will change anything as what i am doing is strengthening my muscles but increasing the inflammation in the joint...

i'll be back later...have a great day everyone!!!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 09-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Abi, I got derailed this weekend, too. Major damage was done! It isn't good when I'm off for a long period of time. Being back at work helps a lot!

Driving in to work today was WONDERFUL! I drive facing the sun, which is a major bummer. Today is is overcast and raining and only 76 degrees! Of course the humidity makes me still have the ac on, but it was nice.

Today is going to be a challenge. I have to go out to lunch today - Japanese or Chinese. Either one isn't the "lean and green" I'm permitted on MF. But, I'll stay on program the other meals and keep on truckin!

I did a very scary thing this morning....I usually avoid looking at myself BAN (bare a$$ naked), but I made myself do it today. Quite a wake up call. Right now I need all of the ammo I can get.

Take care - and I'll check in later!

Marilee
Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #463

i eat quite a lot of chinese food.

i have trained my people well, they know to make it w/o cornstarch, flour or sugar. i get my ribs w/o bbq sauce, then i doctor them up myself if i need to. I was not thrilled about the sliced pork i had this weekend. it was okay, but not inspirational. there is another chinese restaurant within a block or 2 of that one. I will be paying them a visit. I hope i am not too far away for delivery, and i hope their english is good enough to make them understand how i want it done. I suppose i will have to start cooking it myself, once i am on a fixed income. Tonight I am having fried chicken dipped in polaner sugar free apricot preserves. FF
Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, where are you getting the fried chicken - one of my favorite foods!

marilee, i've been forcing myself to look in the mirror for awhile now, and it does provide a dose of reality and motivation, doesn't it?...the key is to see something that can be changed if we want it to...we have the power to do it...i don't fully understand why we struggle the way we do, but even that is something we can change - i believe that...enjoy the lunch - choose something delicious and as low-starch-sugar as possible and start back on plan with dinner...i have no doubt you can do it!

went to PT today and it was better than the first time...although my joint is hurting pretty badly, i can feel my muscles getting stronger every day and i think that will help me post-surgery...

haven't eaten yet, but gonna head to the kitchen for something now...i wonder what i will have????...lol...be back later and report!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #465

it was from Shoprite...

they cooked it themselves. ordinarily
i consume the 8 piece container in one sitting. this time, i had 1/2 only. i will enjoy the other half this evening. This time, it was not MERELY to save $$$, i was ACTUALLY full. the magic is happening. As the breading was the ONLY source of carbs, it was okay. When i make it myself i use porkrinds. btw, America's Test Kitchen confirmed that egg whites enable the coating (whichever coating u use) to stay on better. I had gotten that info from LCF, but it is nice to have it 2nded. ATC is my fave cooking show. FF
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #466

Tony, are they giving u anything for the joint pain?

I was fortunate that the walker solved the problem in the 1/2 year before the surgery. FF
Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i take anywhere from 2 to 6 aspirin a day - i try to minimize it...nothing else...aside from the crutches for a couple of days in August, i am trying not to use walking aides as i am afraid that will contribute to the atrophy, which will make post-surgical recovery longer and more difficult...i know i will be using a walker, crutches, canes, etc. after the procedure...

the supermarket fried chicken is pretty good - i used to love getting a package of fried tenders and eating them while i shopped...i haven't done that in a couple of years, i bet...as i've confessed here, several times a year, i will indulge in fried chicken...i usually pay for it by gaining a couple of pounds, a lot of which is probably fluid retention from the salt...nice job on only eating half of the order!

had about 2 oz of grilled chicken and a scoop of chicken salad for lunch...
Old 09-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, I love ATK. I also like their sister program - Cooks Country.

Fried chicken - yum!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

FF, do they beat the egg whites before dipping the food into the coating? I always have trouble getting coating to stay on fried foods. Love, fried chicken!

Tony, what is the date again of your surgery? It won't be long before you will be pain free.

Marilee, how did the lunch go? I am still derailed from the weekend. Monday was good, tuesday night not so good. Craving carbs unfortunately. Need to get back on track today!! before I undo the good of the last few weeks.

I am up a couple of pounds today and it is my own fault. When I get the cravings I need to distract myself and get my mind on something other than food. One positive thing is that I really do think my midriff bulge has gone down some so I think staying in ketosis since Aug. 10th my body is using some of my body fat for energy. I think I may be eating too much protein but haven't figured out yet how to determine what my size needs.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 AM   #470

i do not remember if they whipped the egg whites.

i whip. i am a whipper. yesterday, when i got home, i could not wait to attack the chicken. i was really hungry. it WAS a bit too salty, which is why i prefer to make my own. Well, i was only 4 minutes away from clicking the record button on the vcr. it was 7:56pm. The next thing i know it is 8:24 pm, and I missed 15 minutes from scene 1 of Das Rheingold. But, i got the rest. Tonight is Die Walkuere. Let us hope I have better luck. These are not keepers. I just want to see what the staging is like. I have enough Wagner Rings on vinyl, audio cassette, cd, and dvd to last the lifetime of an el Aurian. I am hungry again now, but i will wait till lunch. I am hoping there is something I can take home....maybe fried chicken!!! FF
Old 09-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi all......

Well had lunch at the Japanese restaurant and no, I didn't have chicken teriyaki...I had sushi - eel and a spicy tuna roll. It was delicious.

Back on MF today - here's eats:

B-MF blueberry oatmeal
S-MG fruit cereal
L-MF cream of chicken soup
S-MF caramel crunch bar
D-turkey burger with lettuce, tomatoes and onions
S-MF chocolate shake
Old 09-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, hope you have a great day today and break away from the carb-devil...maybe you can placate him and wean yourself with a nice healthy piece of fruit when you have a craving...i know it is not as satisfying, but it can do the trick...and if you drink a big glass of water with it, the fiber will fill you up...

marilee, i've never had that kind of sushi...hmmm...sounds low-cal anyway :-) the mf menu sounds good to me!

ff, it's nice that you are so passionate about music - me too... :-)

well, sarah left this morning - she and anthony are driving her car back to nashville...it was so nice having her home - we're all gonna miss her and her doggy who was very well-behaved here...

made her steamed clams and lobster last night - she hadn't had it in awhile and all my kids were together for the first time since april as emmy came home from school for dinner - so so nice...

btw, no change on the scale this week which is a step in the right direction...i feel very motivated...had 3 steamed broccoli spears for breakfast...

hope everyone has a great day...
Old 09-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #473

i love broccoli...even steamed.

however i always saute it,or grill it (in the oven) or get it stir fried from outside with GARLIC. Broccoli is one of my desert island foods. What i mean is, if someone put a gun to my head, and said i can only have 1 food, broccoli is one of my choices. Pistachio ice cream is another (with the dark cherries inside).
well, they ARE green!!! FF
Old 09-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We sure were a quiet bunch today.

I'm leaving work in 3 minutes and probably won't get on my computer at home.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, i was out at a songwriter meeting this afternoon/evening...

ate at a bistro in swampscott right on the ocean with a beautiful view of the boston skyline - i'd never been there before...had a nice baked cod dinner - all LC veggies...very nice...had one jim beam and diet coke and water the rest of the night...

all-in-all a good day of eating - skipped lunch...hope everyone had a great day!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Do any of you ever watch NCIS? I need Gibbs to come along and whap me across the back of my head!

Trying again today to get back to clean eating.

Thanks Tony for the advice on the fruit with fiber. The only fruit we have right now in the house are bananas which I don't like. Maybe I need to pick up some nice fresh macintosh apples to keep on hand. Love them! Your lunch with the view of Boston sounded wonderful. Glad you had such a nice time there and with all your kids the other night.

Marilee, thanks for posting your meal plan for yesterday. Don't know what to think about your asian meal the other day. I will have to take your word for it that eel is delicious.

FF, you must have been pretty tired to have dozed off during your concert! I can imagine picking the ice cream for the desert island but not the brocolli. lol You will be a very healthy Caruso!

Have a wonderful Thursday all!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-13-2012 at 02:24 AM..
Old 09-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #477

the weekend is gonna be ideal...

for this time of year, that is. the highs will be in the 70s. windows opened, and no need for ICED coffee. I deserve it. That part of last night's DIE WALKUERE that i DID see was most rewarding. Although i taped it, when i did a playback sample, I discovered the tape was defective. It was brand new, i just taken it out of the shrink wrap. If i want the whole thing, I had better buy it on dvd, for about $150.00. That will have to wait a while, a LONG while. Tonight I will have to risk a caffeine alert, if i want to make it past Act I. FF
Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, sometimes i will get several pieces of fruit and cut them up into a nice little fruit salad...i usually include a pear, apple, strawberries, blueberries, a nectarine, peach (if they are in season), sometimes cherries and a variety or two of melon...it is sweet, healthy, full of fiber and healthy carbs and low calorie...pick some fruit you like and try it - it lasts for days and when you feel the urge, put some in a small bowl and enjoy it - guilt free...or just eat an apple!

ff, wishing you more stamina this evening...this weather is AWESOME isn't it?

well, i went to PT this morning and although the joint is shot and painful, i can feel my leg muscles getting stronger and i am convinced this will help me recover, if i get through the surgery back in one piece...between my daily PT at home and going to their office two days a week and my normal weight and ab regimen, i am doing something EVERY day and i feel like i'm getting in better shape...

feeling very strong and committed...skipped breakfast, had steamed broccoli for lunch and will have some assortment of leftovers for dinner...my fridge is FULL and now three of my kids are gone, so there's too much to eat around here...

see y'all later...
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #479

i will be fortifying my stamina with oodles of caffeine tonight,

and oodles more tomorrow a.m. i can sleep it off Sat thru Tues. Each night the music dramas (Wagner did not like to use 'opera' to define his works)get longer. Tonight will be about 1/2 longer than last night, and Fri 1/2 hour longer than tonight. this prompts some who are less than enthusiastic to say GOETTER-damn it's long, as opposed to GOETTERDAEMMERUNG(Twilight of the Gods). I used to stand at the Met for the duration. but that was many, many moons ago. Tony. so glad you are able to do the therapy. That is really most of it. I do remember my therapy, I could not do a freakin' thing the 1st day. It was quite humiliating. However, after a day or so, I was able to move muscles i never knew i had. FF
Old 09-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, they haven't cut me yet, so the fact i can do the rehab right now is a bit misleading...lol...i'm sure i won't be able to move either, at the end of october...

speaking of which, i can barely move tonight...both hips are killing me...i just took two aspirin, so hopefully that will help...

tomorrow, i am going to attempt to do some landscaping at my commercial property - that should be interesting...starting early, so i may not check in until later in the day...

hope everyone finds themselves back on track and feeling strong entering the weekend...
Closed Thread