Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/225.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
marilee, don't mess up your back!...we need you verticle and healthy!...yes, it will be nice when i'm beyond the grip of the medical establishment - after they fix me, of course! :-)

ff, thanks for sharing your experience - i will be asking you plenty of questions if i come out of surgery with the ability to speak...wish i could take the blood thinners orally...

the ribs were good tonight - didn't eat much...hope everyone is having a great evening!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Well, I escaped the effects of the msg but not the 12oz can of tuna with mayo I had for dinner last night. Up a pound this morning. Not upset though. I have had very few ups since Aug. 11th and they are to be expected. Switching back to my old standard of ground beef. I have always had the best luck with it.

So besides the tuna I had a hamburger for lunch with low sugar catsup and an oz of cream cheese for breakfast.

Marilee and Tony, thanks for the nice comments about my photos.

Marillee, your sideboard sounds lovely. Hope you didn't overdue it with your back. Don't forget you are going to take pictures of your patio and post them for us sometime! What's on the menu for today? Are you off the rest of the week or just part of it?

Tony, you sure are learning alot about your surgery - they even let you handle the type of metal ball and plastic socket they will be putting in your hip? I think you are really starting to get into this science experience they are planning for you! Now giving myself a shot in my stomach - that sounds scary!

FF, even though you didn't make it to 5 guys it sounds like you had a lovely relaxing weekend eating delivered food and watching Cleopatra. And now you have a short week left! Lots of rain today and maybe tomorrow. Maybe you won't have to have your ac on tonight.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-05-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi abs,
i'm trying to be proactive about my treatment without hearing too much about what they will actually be doing to me while i am asleep...unfortunately, i learned yesterday that they will actually rotate my leg to dislocate it from my hip - i wish i didn't know that until after it was done - know what i mean?...

i made an appointment with a physical therapist for noon today - completely my idea - to get a start on pre-habbing...i've read where you recover more quickly if you start this some weeks before surgery, so i'm gonna find out...i'm gonna do everything i can to help myself get through this as quickly and successfully as possible!

my surgery is 8 weeks from yesterday, so today is the start of my very serious eating and training program...i'll keep ya posted!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Morning!

Abi, I had tuna last night, too and I'm sure it's just the salt content that is making the scale go up. Drink lots of water and it will flush out quickly.

I'm not taking pictures of my patio area until next year - the landscaping company told me not to trim anything for a year so it's looking a bit raggedy.

I'm in at work today, but then taking the rest of the week off. It's a busy day!

I must rush off, have a great day!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, you are sooo funny - i bet your patio is far from raggedy!...lol...how's the mf going?...enjoy the rest of the week off!

i weighed in at 217.8 today, up .4 from last week - honestly, i was relieved...feel strong and focused again so i'm not worried....

physical therapy was good...wow, am i inflexible!!!...she gave me daily exercises to do at home and i see her twice a week, at least i do that next week...don't know how much this will help, but i don't think it will hurt, so i'm gonna give it a try...

had a few veggies for breakfast with my meds and a salad topped with tuna for lunch...gonna bake haddock topped with lobster for dinner...

i miss vicki...i think she may have needed time to do some thinking...it is so difficult dealing with whatever causes us to struggle with our eating - even when i am doing well and think i have it figured out, i really don't...

vicki, if you check in and read this, just know that we understand, and hope you take all the time you need to figure out what will make you happy and healthy...we love ya, girl...
:-)
Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the haddock was delicious...

my son anthony flew to nashville yesterday and is driving back up with sarah...they left nashville at 8:30 this morning and should get home around 3:00 in the morning...can't wait to see them...i have a feeling there will be a mini-party in our house in the middle of the night...i don't think sarah's crazy dog is gonna allow any of us to stay asleep...lol...

hope you guys are having a great night!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, Vicki, we do love you and miss you! Come back soon!!

Marilee, we will just have to be patient on the patio pictures. Take some now for yourself and then you will have a before and after set. They will probably be amazing.
I tried to drink more water yesterday and went back to my ground beef but scale stayed the same. I'm happy though that it didn't pop up. I am so used to that up and down. At least lately it is mostly down.

Tony, yikes on the rotating the hip. Yes, that was info you didn't need to hear. I think it is wonderful you are being proactive on the therapy. It has got to make it easier to get into the post therapy sessions. Know you can't wait for Sarah to arrive. Maybe she got home about an hour and a half ago! I bet the dog is going crazy after being cooped up in the car for so long!

FF, where were you yesterday? Hope you are not under the weather?

We ran a new scent yesterday, "Atkins Cider Donuts" - oh my gosh did it smell good. Apparently Atkins ( no relation to low carb Dr. Atkins) are famous for their cider donuts. I had never heard of them before but they are located near the plant. As a matter of fact, one of the ladies that works here works for them on the weekend. Anyway, sorry if I got anyone thinking donuts today. I will have to face 2 doz donuts when I get to work. This guy from Holyoke brings them for the gang every Thurs.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-06-2012 at 01:37 AM..
Old 09-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sarah and ant got here around 3:30...her dog, parker, woke me up - i was asleep on the couch waiting for them...they raided the fridge and then went to bed...i'm going back to sleep but thought i'd try to beat--, i mean follow abi's first post of the day...

good luck keeping those donuts at bay, girl!...

i'll be back...
Old 09-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #429
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i did take a sick day yesterday!

i think it may be owing to the antibiotics. i never take well to them. i am okay now. I love canned tuna. I get it packed in water, so i can control what i put into it. the ones in oil are soybean oil. If u want to get it in olive oil, u must be willing to pay more. i am not willing. i add mayo, and finely chopped celery, green pepper and onion or scallions & a scant tsp of white vinegar per 5 oz can. That is it! Today, we are saying farewell to one of the executives. He is a very nice person. He will be missed. that farewell is costing us each $10.00 for food. Nothing Atkins friendly from what I see in the fridge. I promise to be reasonable. FF
Old 09-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, please share your definition of "reasonable" as that is one word that seems to haunt me every time!...lol...i'm gonna try that tuna recipe - sounds yummy!

had leftover haddock for breakfast and two small meatballs for lunch...dw is making chicken cutlets and ravioli tonight, per sarah's request...she has asked for several of her favorite meals while she is home...i will be "reasonable" too, ff...

my 16 year old son is at school but emmy drove home from college between classes today to see her sister and my 4 oldest are out for lunch and running errands together...they are all best friends and i am so happy about that...they will pick up my youngest after school - he will be surprised and psyched...

we haven't seen kbeth for awhile, jenny in forever - just want them to know i'm thinking about them :-)

Last edited by tony8; 09-06-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Old 09-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all! Just popping in to say hi.

I've been in touch with Vicki and I'm pretty sure she will come by again. Right now they are on a little vacation.

I miss Kbeth and Jenny, too!

I hope we haven't done anything to keep them from coming around.....
Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I sent you a PM
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am lurking, nothing to report. Just gathering strength and doing a lot of thinking.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Vicki!!!!!

Nice to see you popping in. Don't over think....after all of this time you know what to do.

We're here for you.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, how is everything going? Are you back teaching for the year? So good to hear from you!

Tony, those donuts were so tempting plus smelling the new donut scent all morning. Not an easy day but I survived. Wonderful your kids are all so close. It's a tribute to you and your DW for bringing them up right.

FF, good you are back with us too! Those antibiotics can do a number on you for sure. Hope you found some Atkins friendly stuff at the executive's going away party esp. since you had to contribute 10.00 to it!

Marilee, what's on the menu for today? Temps in Phoenix still pretty high? DH's cousin lives in Green Valley, Arizona. She wrote she had a rattlesnake in her back yard the other day. Yikes!

Scale still holding steady at one pound above what I weighed most of last year. Thinking about doing a one day Atkins Fat Fast tomorrow to get over this hump.

Have a great Friday all!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #436

How many times did i say I was going to B&N & 5 Guys

only to spend the entire weekend indoors, AC on, watching DVDs (NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!). I lost count. Will THIS be the weekend I sallie forth? Well, boys & girls, ladies & gentleman, HEWMONS & otherwise, & all the ships at sea, TUNE IN to this thread on Monday, same fat time, same fat channel to find out for sure!!! At the farewell party, it was cake and bagels. I thought it best to abstain from the eats (though i lusted in my heart). i did have coffee, though. they had 1/2 & 1/2. but I limited myself to 1 cup, as i did not wish to provoke an unpleasant incident. I am quite myself again, and the office is loaded with the remaining bagels and cake. "They're writing love songs, but not for me". But, I DID get a better chair. Not a new one, but one that fits my proportions...vertically I mean. Talk to y'all later.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #437

Tony, by reasonable, i meant i would not pig out.

if there were no ATKINS friendly eats, i would select 1 piece of cake(they were pre-sliced & small)and enjoy it with the coffee, eating as slow as possible (which does not come natural to me when i am alone). As u see above, i abstained totally, and i will not touch the leftovers either. Now for the good news, I forgot about a chinese restaurant a few blocks from the dry cleaners. This restaurant is where Chinese people go to eat Chinese food. I had an incident there which kept me away for years (i will tell you about it sometime). but those roast porks hanging from the window tempts me again. My prior source no longer makes it the way I like it...THICK slices. All right, u fiorced it out of me. I once went there for Beijing duck. The man asked me to speak louder. as it was quite noisy there. I yelled DUCK. Everybody hit the floor. So, tonight I shall have my pork with a side of chinese vegetables. FF
Old 09-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you are too funny!...good for you for abstaining...think of it as a few ounces you WON'T have to lose...

great to see you vicki...no pressure - we'll be here if and when you are ready to re-join the struggle :-)

abi, don't sweat the 1 lb...it will come off...just keep doing what you are doing and your body will give it up...btw, thanks for the kind words on the kids - i appreciate it...

hey marilee, any plans for the weekend?

well, i took the day off yesterday as i was pretty sore from my physical therapy appt on weds., but i did the home exercises she gave me this morning - i have to do them EVERY day, in addition to my ab and weight work that i do every-other-day...god, was i sore!!!...they are really hard for me as i have no flexibility in my hip, but i am happy to push through it as i know it will help me in the long run...

haven't eaten yet today...sarah and a friend are at the beach - her girlfriend is spending the night so that will be nice...she's a vegetarian, so i have to go shopping!...lol...

i'll check in later...
Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

had a small piece of baked haddock for lunch and some chicken and eggplant parm for dinner...

i'm still sore from my physical therapy...we'll see how i feel on tuesday when i go back to their office after three more days of this...

how is everyone else doing?...
Old 09-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, hoping the home exercises will help you limber up and get less and less painful! It is sooo hard to make your muscles do things when they are sore. Maybe a jump in your "warm" pool afterwards will make you forget the muscle pain. lol

FF, your "Duck" story was hysterical. I love pork too but not sure seeing it hanging in the window of the Chinese restaurant would give me an appetite. Let us know if you make it to 5 guys this weekend.

May do the Atkins fat fast today. I've started out that way anyway. Going to do the 1/4 cup of heavy cream in coffee at 200 calories for 5 meals today. I am drinking decaff now after my one cup of caffein. Maybe another caffeine cup later in the day. Eating 1000 calories of Macadamia nuts is another Atkins fat fast option but they don't agree with me and are way too expensive. I much more enjoy a hot cup of cream with coffee.

Hey Marilee and Vicki!

Hope all the Blitzers have a great Saturday!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:07 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey abs, did the PT exercises this morning lying on the couch rather than the floor and i don't know if it was the couch or the fact that i am getting used to it, but it was a bit less painful today...i am hoping that is a trend! :-)

didn't make it to the pool yesterday but did the day before - the water was 72-degrees and i can stand water that cold ...i was in for about 90-120 minutes, believe it or not!...i may go for a dip today...the water looks so clean and inviting and it has stayed warm at night so i'm pretty sure it is no colder...

had 2 cubes of cantaloupe for breakfast...sarah took her friend out to a neat 50's style diner in town - they are there now...i am having our septic-system rejuvenated this morning - fun! and $1700...i have 8 passes to canobie lake park (very cool amusement park)...sarah, some of her friends and some of us may go there today...depending on how many of them there are, i may or may not go...i'd probably need crutches for that much walking, although i haven't used anything like that since our week in maine...

feeling strong and on track - hope y'all are too!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, looks like bad weather heading our way this afternoon. They have parts of NH in the big red spot for possible toradoes. Very humid right now!

Marilee, I see Arizona is having flooding! Hope that is not near you!

Stay safe!

Last edited by Abigale; 09-08-2012 at 06:34 AM..
Old 09-08-2012, 06:31 AM   #443

well, Abi, I am not sure I would eat anything hanging from the window, either

BUT, the flies buzzing all around it, really liked it, ha ha ha. Well, I gotta tell y' all what happened yesterday...funny, but true. I decided to take care of business after work, because today was predicted to rain heavily. I got some diet sodas, the pork, and picked up the dry cleaning. When I got home...no dry cleaning. I, left w/o taking it. That meant I had to go back there this a.m. which I did. Fortunately, the rain has not started yet. I accept that I am getting OLDer, but I am not ready to accept senility. I told Henry, the ward clinic in my facility's psycho ward to save me the corner room...just in case. Well, I am home now, and I am staying in all day. I had 1 small coconut coffee at Dunkin this a.m. The bus stop is right in front of it. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. The slight energy boost I got from the caffeine was powerless before the dread Goddess HumidITY. I do have a large one that has been in the icebox since Thursday. Time to take that one out. QUESTION:Is it possible to play CDs through the computer SIMULTANEOUSLY with being on the web? Enquiring trolls would like to know. Later, HEWMON BLITZERS.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

FF, don't know about playing the CDs while being on the web. Just give it a try.

Sorry you had to go back for the cleaning today!
Good you are back home for the day. I am looking at "weatherunderground" to see what time the bad weather is coming in. Between 2 and 5 the humidity and temps drop so looks like that is the dangerous time to me.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you absolutely can listen to cds and surf the web at the same time...uses two different parts of the system...good luck!...

abi?...tornados!!!???...woah!
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Wow FF, a tornado touch down in NYC! You don't live in Queens do you? Aren't you in Brooklyn? Let us know how you are!!

WATCH: Possible Tornado Touches Down in New York City | Fox News Insider
Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #447
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Well, we walked in the local parade today, pretty decent exercise. The weather was perfect. We grilled out tonight and had the folks over along with a couple extra kids. Right now, I don't feel like talking about food or eating plans. Not bad, not good. Just . . . mediocre.

Yep, heard about the tornado, how odd.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:35 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Vicki! I remember walking in parades when I was child. Always loved them, waving at everybody. They are good exercise too. Was it pretty humid in Iowa yesterday too?

We didn't get any bad weather to speak of Hinsdale but I was so stressed about it all afternoon watching that long line of storms coming our way I went off the deep end with the eating last night. Why do I always feel it is going to help the situation?

Everyone in the family was affected by this front from my brother in Georgia to my sister up in Canaan. Hoping my niece near White Plains, NY is fine. They were showing a hook echo forming near there at one point during the bad weather which meant a tornado could be forming.

Tony, how did everything go in your area? FF, everything ok with you? Marilee, hope no flooding in Phoenix! Boy, what a weekend!

Will check back later to check on everyone!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abs, hope you enjoyed what you ate - once you know you are gonna indulge, the best thing to do is enjoy it without guilt and then just get back on plan the next day...the trouble comes when 1 day becomes 4 or 5...have some eggs for me at the club this morning...

vicki, i don't blame you - sounds like you needed a break...do what feels right and we'll be here anytime you want to just hang out with us and chat about anything - doesn't have to be eating! :-)

didn't hear about the nyc tornado...i'm sure ff didn't make it over to queens - he would have told us!...
Old 09-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, i fought through the discomfort and did all the exercises this morning - both PT and my normal regimen...i feel like i am gaining some ground - like i'm still fat but not unfit, if that makes any sense :-)

as usual, i skipped the blueberry pancakes dw wife made this morning - they looked yummy but i'm tired of this see-saw and need to start losing weight in conjunction with my workouts...surgery is only 7 weeks and 2 days away!...

may bbq later and make steak tips and chicken breasts - we'll see...

my oldest son flew out to minneapolis on friday with a buddy to see yesterday's unh football game and a twins game last night...he's due back later today...

how's everyone doing today?...

Last edited by tony8; 09-09-2012 at 08:11 AM..
Closed Thread