Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/225.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abi, that is a good definition of friendship :-) sounds like you are really eating well and it is paying off...is this weather beautiful or what?...between last winter and this summer, i am starting to become a cheerleader for climate change...i'm kidding of course, but maybe it could just change in new england???...

i have to drive into boston to pick up a friend who is flying in tonight at 7:30...we may end up at another italian restaurant for a late dinner, which will throw off my routine...i am not hungry at all right now...had leftover chicken with onions and peppers for lunch and some nacho dip as a snack - basically ground beef and cheese and seasoning that my sister gave me last night...i did have a few (6 to be exact) tostito multigrain scoops which i regret now as i can feel them in my stomach...

hope everyone is having a great saturday!!!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
bet y'all did not expect to hear from me on a weekend!

but i am here. i was out this a.m. on some errands. very debilitating mugginess. as soon as i got home, on went the a.c. Tomorrow, I am moff tyo B & N, then 5 Guys. However, I shall be out of range of ice cream in any flavor. just as well. We are more than merely friends. We are family. Except of course, u are not in my will. We Ferenghi do not give anything away. We take it with us! Talk to y'all on Monday. oh, btw, I never took to marsala based sauces, Tony. However, that was in the 1970s. Perhaps my tastes changed since then. FF
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
We are so disappointed that we are not in your will FF. Let us know the secret of taking it with you. We are surprised to hear from you this weekend but happy to hear you are going to get to B & N and also getting your delicous hamburgers.

Tony, the weather is beautiful right now. I am loving the cool mornings and warm afternoons. I have to agree with FF that yesterday was a little muggy. I am happy that my eating plan is having some results. It was pretty discouraging this spring when the scale kept creeping up.

I am down afew more oz today. Never thought I could be happy with seeing the scale go down 2 or 3 oz at a time but it has been pretty consistent so I know I am headed in the right direction.

Just had an oz of cream cheese and cup of coffee with cream for first meal. Will have 3 scrambled eggs at the country club this morning. Probably ground beef later in the day.

Have a wonderful Sunday all and get rejuvenated for the week!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i have to admit i was hoping you would leave me your cassette tape of Wagner's Grand Sonata in A major when you, uh, you know...i hope you will reconsider...of course, i may be leaving you something if the surgeon has a bad day at the end of october...maybe i'll have my estate send you a check to cover your A/C expenses next summer... :-)

btw, it WAS a nice surprise to see you posting on the weekend...

abi, enjoy the eggs...i am sooooo proud of you, girl!...it was REALLY muggy yesterday, although not hot...i thought something was wrong with my internal thermostat...

emmy is moving back to college this morning :-( i am gonna miss my little girl...i've really enjoyed having her around the past couple of weeks...

didn't hit the italian restaurant last night - but dw had gotten chinese food and i had some when i got home...she ordered it w/o msg, but i think the food had it anyway...i need to detox today!...lol...

i'll check back later...

hey kbeth, where the heck are you? (she usually answers when i use the word "heck" :-)

Last edited by tony8; 08-26-2012 at 04:38 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmm, i posted earlier but it's not here...well, well, well...

settled emmy into her new dorm room this afternoon and i miss her already...

didn't eat a thing til 4:30 today, and then had some leftover chinese...it's after curfew now so i am done eating for today, but the sodium is making me feel a bit bloated...i need to flush, but haven't been home enough to do it...

i did so some swimming this afternoon - the pool temp was 73...stayed in for over an hour and cleaned out the leaves that had fallen in while we were in maine - much better now... :-)

hope y'all are having a GREAT sunday...
Old 08-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

I talked to a good friend in Pensacola, Florida yesterday and they are battening down the hatches. I also see they started mandatory evacuation of Gulf Shores where we lived for 10 years. Hope all will be safe and not have much damage.

Tony, remember well when Jennifer started college. I was so sad. Our baby girl flying the nest. Of course she was home the next weekend with her laundry.

Still in the groove. Had my 3 scrambled eggs yesterday, an oz of cream cheese and ground beef later in the day. Down a couple of oz again today.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and are all rested up to face the week. Have a great Monday all!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #367

i bypassed the 5 Guys & the Pistachio ice cream.

I had my mind on the tooth extraction. I did not leave the house yesterday. Tomorrow is the day. I am coming to work as usual. In the event, it is not too serious an ordeal, I will come back to my work station and finish out the day. I hope they prescribe some good pain killers for the aftermath. I really do no know what to expect. FF
Old 08-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, my wife had a tooth extracted recently and then had an implant put in to replace it (had to wait some months for the re-implantation)...she said it was completely painless...these procedures ain't like they used to be - they have made great strides in keeping folks comfortable...i had a wisdom tooth that was impacted and had to be broken up and pulled piece by piece - i only had novacaine, but never felt a thing, and was back in work within an hour after the extraction...i think i only took 2 tylenol after that...don't worry about it - you'll be singing opera later in the afternoon :-)

abi, hope the storm weakens and doesn't cause any damage...it's like playing russian roullette down there in august and september, isn't it?...does that get old, or do you get used to it?...

guys, it's another new week...let's all try to end the last month+ of this blitz with a flurry!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #369

Tony, from your mouth to the Great Treasury's ears.

and what ears they are!!! I, too would love a flurry...a snow flurry that is...in September, when it is needed. July, & August would be nice too. FF
Old 08-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #370

going to SHOPRITE after work.

in addition to filling up on seltzer and FAYGO, I am going to allow myself a small container of cut up fruit. How quick i am to hit onto all sorts of high carb choices, like ice cream, but i avoid looking at fruit. As soon as i do get home, i am going to lie down for a while. Now i am going to hunt for some caffeine. Talk to y'all after it is all over. FF
Old 08-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, make sure to fill us in on how you make out - i will be thinking of you...and fruit is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth when ya just gotta have something sweet...i keep some cut up cantaloup or honeydew in the fridge for just such occasions and eat 2-3 cubes when i need 'em...low glycemic index option - fiber-rich and healthy...

had grilled steak tips and chicken breast for dinner with mixed veggies...very tasty...

hey marilee and vicki, where are you guys?...i miss you :-)

Last edited by tony8; 08-27-2012 at 04:53 PM..
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Tony, I never got used to the storms heading into the Gulf. My stomach would be in knots until it finally made landfall. I hope there is not much damage. They hired 3 more temps this week and let one go the next day and yesterday another one didn't come back to work. That guy had his masters degree so job may not have been up to what he was used to. I'm grateful for it. Jobs are very hard to find in this area. All you have to do is look in the paper. They are not hiring.

FF, how was your trip to Shoprite? Did you get your fruit and chocolate Faygo? Hope the tooth extraction goes well today with minimum pain. We are all "pulling" for you.

Marilee, what's on the menu for today?

Vicki, how are you doing?

I am up 2oz today. Had chicken salad last night, hamburger for lunch and 1oz of cream cheese for breakfast. Feeling good and energetic. I am close to what I was for most of last year before gaining steadily all spring and early summer. I feel optimistic that I will be able to get below my set point this Blitz.

Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-28-2012 at 01:17 AM..
Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey everyone! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday...didn't have anything to report.

Finally lost the weight I gained from the splurge. Brother - was it worth it? Nope!!!!

ff, how are you holding up?

Things are status quo - work and then home. I'm taking off most of next week just because I need to use some time. Monday is a holiday and I'm taking off Tuesday. Will come into work on Wednesday just to see how things are and get a break from the kitties. Then off the rest of the week. I have a dentist appointment (are we all on the same page?) on Thursday morning for a routine cleaning. I'm not anticipating any issues.

What's to eat today? Here you go!

B-MF apple cinnamon oatmeal
S-MF carmel crunch bar
L-MF cream of chicken soup
S-MF chili cheese balls
D-pork chop with a small lettuce and tomato salad
S-MF brownie

TTYL!

Marilee
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #374

the small containers of fresh fruit were almost $5.00

i could get 1 gallon of Friendly's or Turkey Hill ice cream at that price(on sale). I did not get the fruit. At this moment in time, I am home recuperating from the procedure. It was like the D-
Day invasion going on in my mouth.
The allies were pouring onto the beaches, but the krauts were putting up stiff resistance. But this time I was the krauts.
That tooth was a stubborn devil. It took 1/2 hour to get it out. They recommended I get my antibiotics and painkillers and go home. And so I did. I will be drinking my meals for the nerxt 2 days. Perhaps that will give me a head start. We shall see. I am going to put on some music now and lie down.(of course i can lie from any position heh heh heh)FF
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, keep us posted on how you are healing...happy it is over and done with, as i'm sure you are...as for the fruit, they charge a LOT for pre-cutting it...you can buy a melon for cheap $ and cut it up yourself...there are always fruit varieties on sale every week...when you feel better, try again bro...

abi, i will be shocked if they don't offer you a permanent position - i forget, did you go through a temp agency?...do they charge the candle company a fee if they hire you on permanently?...hope not, as you deserve that job...congrats on sticking with your plan and getting back to last year's weight...that is a great accomplishment...i'm proud of you...

another day of yummy choices marilee, i'm proud of you too for finding and sticking to mf...i'm also happy you are taking some time off next week...it seems like forever since you have had a good stretch of time off, although you are working mid-week again...good luck at the dentist...btw, where the heck is your niece?

i had a good day...ran around a lot dealing with the real estate stuff and that kept me away from food...didn't eat until 4 p.m. again and then had salad and sauteed shrimp...very good...

son had a good first day of school today - can't believe he is starting his JUNIOR year of high school...he was just born a few weeks ago!

did i tell ya the transmission seized in the suv i bought last summer...$2300 to fix and i picked it up today...it drove well on the way home, but i have to bring it back for a check-up in another 500 miles...

and i am facing a $1700 bill for septic system work next week...$4000 in totally unexpected expenses!...i'm starting to feel like marilee!!!...lol...

nitey-nite kids!!!

Last edited by tony8; 08-28-2012 at 08:03 PM..
Old 08-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, your menu is delicious as usual. Thanks for sharing it with us! Happy you have lost your weekend weight. I keep telling myself it won't be worth it all the time. lol I have some temptations off and on but have been able to resist them so far - thank goodness!!

Tony, sorry for all the unexpected expenses!! Such is life... Yes, I am working for a company called Masiello Employment. They have offices in different places like Keene and North Hampton, Mass. I am actually working for the Mass. office as they are the ones that secured my job. I thought I would have to pay a fee to get the job but they said no. So I assume that they take money off the top of the base pay and then advertise the job at the lower rate. I don't know if Kringle would have to pay a fee if they hired me as permanent but I doubt it. Anyway I have to work 500 hours before I would be eligible and I'm not close to that yet.

FF, how are your gums treating you today? Hope they are healing nicely. Are the pain pills helping? Sorry the fruit was too expensive to buy.

I will be off Friday and Monday due to the holiday (no pay of course)
Going to see if I can get over to our old neighborhood in North Bennington if my favorite family will be around.

Had chicken salad, ground beef and cream cheese yesterday.

Have a great Wednesday Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-29-2012 at 02:47 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #377

I woke up this a.m. fresh as a newly APPROPRIATED bar of latinum.

I am fine. i did not have to use the vicodin at all. but i keep them with me 24/7 just in case. When i feel that the time is right, they will sleep with the fishes. Today is another freakish weather pattern in NYC. the temp and the humidity is low. It is beautiful out here. Unfortunately, Labor Day Weekend will be hot. However, I ALMOST don't care, because it is LABOR DAY, not Memorial Day or July 4th. Now the summer weather is on the defensive. Pretty soon I will have it my way. I am wearing the pants in which I suffered the WARDROBE MALFUNCTION back in March. No chance of that happening now. I was looking for my belt this morning, when i realized I was wearing it. That is a good omen. Tonight, i believe i will be able to eat solid food. I hope everyone in danger of Isaac has battened down the hatches, or headed for higher ground. FF
Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, so happy that you are feeling better than you expected today...the weather is perfect today - high of 77 and sunny here...love it!

hope all the folks in the gulf are safe - man, i hate hurricanes!

abi, i bet you are getting close to halfway of those 500 hours!...hope you make it to bennington this weekend - it is beautiful over there...you gave me the idea for chicken salad so i made some last night - i boil water and then throw in purdue boneless breasts, turn off the stove and cover the pot and let the chicken stand in there for 20 minutes, and then remove, chill, and cut up with celery and mayo...it's really good and none of those tough little veins and gristle...

gonna be running around again today...shopped yesterday and did not put one "bad" thing in the cart - i'm getting better at that :-) when i look at what i put on the conveyor belt at the checkout these days, it all looks so healthy!...tons of veggies, some fruit, meat and organic dairy - almost no processed food...<patting myself on the back>...lol...

see y'all a bit later...

Last edited by tony8; 08-29-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Old 08-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, lots of news from everyone!

Abi, I hope you get a permanent job there, too! That would be fantastic.
I envy you your weekend in New England - it's still hot here, but like ff said, Summer is on its last leg.

Tony, I'm so sorry for the expenses you have incurred, but you know I understand.

ff, congratulations on not knowing your belt was on - that's exciting! And, so happy your gums aren't bothering too much.

You all are doing so well on your eating plans. I'm so proud of us.

I don't know where my niece is - Vicki GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE - WE MISS YOU!!!!

Have a great day everybody -I need to get to work.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #380

so looking forward to the 3 day weekend.

also the Pokonos is edging closer-Columbus Day(observed) Weekend. also Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur. that is more vacation days in close proximity than i have taken since 1996. I would still like some fruit. I will try during the weekend, to buy a little, and hopefully pay a little....SOMEWHERE. FF
Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i am sure you will be able to find some cheap fruit, especially at this time of year when it is so plentiful and so much of it is local...and soon, you will encounter apple season and all of us in the northeast will be buried under bushels of apples and pumpkins :-) i forget, what the heck are you doing in the poconos???

marilee, i know you know i know you know what it is like to endure a ton of unanticipated expenses, but i'm not complaining...so many folks have it so much worse than i do right now...

good day so far:
b: 2 oz. grilled chicken
l: chicken salad
d:? (i did pick up some skirt steak to throw on the grill if we are all hungry enough after picking on leftovers)
Old 08-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yum! Apples are my favorite fruit! I'm envious of you.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

have a cactus pear and be happy!... ;-)
Old 08-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
have a cactus pear and be happy!... ;-)
Heh, heh, heh! Somehow it just ain't the same.

Have a great evening my friends!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i meant prickly pear - sorry! :-)
Old 08-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Marilee and Tony for the permanent job wishes. I think by Oct. 14th I will have over the 520 hours to be considered. Some companies have a temp to hire set up with Masiello but Kringle is just temp. So time will tell if they will consider hiring me permanent at that point.

Tony, hope you enjoyed your chicken salad. I just add mayo and celery to mine too. Nothing fancy but it tastes good.

My best friend until we moved away from No. Bennington says she will be at her mother's house today ( across the field from our old house) and will find out what day would be best for me to drive over. She can't be there unfortunately as they are having work done on their home before they head back to Florida for the winter.

FF, it sounds like the pants that malfunctioned are very comfortable now so you have lost weight! I am so hoping when you get back into WW you see a nice drop from your previous weight!

Had cream cheese, ground beef and coffee with cream yesterday. Weight stabilized right now about 3 pounds above my steady weight of last year. No complaints.

Have a great Thursday all!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Afew blocks from where we used to live in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Original Oyster House hurricane Isaac 2012.jpg (42.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #388

another day closer to the permanent vacation.

just to refresh your memory, Tony, we have a(n earth) family circle there. They have done this for a number of years. this is my first time. In the past, i could not clear the time. or the expense. We will be up there for 2 nights ($400.00), but i am taking an extended (Fri-Tues)Columbus Day weekend. (besides, i hear they have pies). Tonight i am bypassing McD for some kosher pastrami. The last time i looked it was $16.00 a lb. I am sure it is higher now. 8 oz should do it, and 1 crisp 1/2 sour pickle. FF
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

Good news - the scale dropped 1.2 ounces. Yea!!!

Not much to report - same old, same old.

I'll pop in later.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #390

i thought a cactus pear and a prickly pear were the same.

i am laboring under a severe disadvantageous handicap: i forgot to take my FAYGO chocolate soda to work...SIGH. it is also possible I may have forgotten, in my haste, tio turn the AC off. by the Gods i hope i am wrong. it's gonna be a l o o o o o o n n n n g day. Sunday is Sept 2. Can you guess what historical occasion occured on that date? FF
Closed Thread