Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Seeing a slight drop again today. Had pork roast, ground beef and some cream cheese yesterday. Coffee with cream and water. Looking for different posts that will keep me motivated on the "new posts" page.

FF, sorry your basic cable is getting more basic all the time. I like those classic tv channels too. Hogan's Heroes is always a favorite of mine.

Heard a rumor yesterday they are hiring permanent people to take the place of those of us that are temporary. I would have to work 500 hours to be eligible. Not close to that yet and then they would have to want me to work for the company. Time will tell. I take one day at a time and continue to keep my eyes open for other opportunities.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-21-2012 at 01:52 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
yes, keep your eyes open for opportunities...

it is i pity, abi, that your ethics are not Ferenghi ethics. We (on the home world)create the conditions to which others must kowtow. If any of you hear on your local news shows about the bloodcurdling screams that echoed throughout the canyons of Bklyn. USA, look no further than yours truly for the source. I just opened my utility envelope. I thought i would have to call the paramedics. It was greater than a years worth of electricity, when I moved into my hovel 35 years ago. it's only 1 AC by Zeus!!! On the good side, i am feeling better physically. Once I can get this cadaver of a body moving again, things will really progress. do not fear slow weight loss, HEWMONS. It beats quick weight gain anytime. FF
Old 08-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning!

Abi, that's a great picture of your grandkids - quite a handsome bunch.

Not much to report - haven't lost the weight I gained over the weekend, but back on plan so those fat cells should be emptying pretty soon.

I read somewhere that when you break a diet, it takes your body 3 days to get back into fat-burning mode. Ouch!

TTYL
Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #334

our genes sure play a major hoax on us carbon based units!!!

we just have to hang in there. Nothing new at this end either. i am so enjoying the cooler weather though, and i feel more alive. I will be Superman by the time TG rolls around. FF
Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, I know - this summer has been murder. It is so muggy here today - relatively speaking.

I'll be Wonder Woman by TG
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #336

gibby, u already are!

just keep you eyes off the fries (ha ha)FF
Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
just keep you eyes off the fries (ha ha)FF
YUM!!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Marillee and FF, you crack me up!

Marilee, thanks for the nice comment about the grandkids!

I am still slowly going down afew ounces a day which makes me very happy. Having ham today so that mean I will probably be up some tomorrow but I needed a change from the ground beef.

Yesterday had the rest of the pork roast, ground beef and an ounce of cream cheese for breakfast. Coffee with cream and water.

Vicki, your bringing my attention to the stress/cortisol connection has made such a difference to my success - thank you so much!!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #339

so wanted to stay home, today.

i could not think of a convincing excuse, though! Where are my GCGs (George Costanza Genes) when I need them? I reached down, but there was nothing there, so I came to work. I am like a senior in high school, trying to cut class when graduation is in sight. Well, at least I will be using the electricity at work. I have not used the AC in my house for about 5 days. In preparation for tightening the budget for the Schlep-tember of my years, I will start getting more into soups and salads, when soup weather gets here. It is hard to get enthused about salads when every other day, there are news reports about ecoli bacteria contaminating bags of pre-washed lettuce. I stand a better chance of making my food choices from the candy and cereal aisles in the supermarket. FF
Old 08-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

It poured last night! Wonderful rain. Abi, the dust storm rolled in ahead of the storm, as usual, and we had quite the lightening show and then lots of rain. It was marvelous! This morning it was 75 degrees - which is low for this time of year. Staying in double digits - 97 today - which will be nice - but very muggy. They are predicting more rain today and tomorrow.

Enough of the weather channel - I just get excited when we have weather!

Dropped 1 pound of the 4 I gained over the weekend. But, I'll get it off.

Tony-we miss you!!!!!!!

Vicki-we miss you!!!!!!!

TTYL!

Marilee
Old 08-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i'm back from maine and missed y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caught up on all the posts and you guys are a hoot :-)

abi, those grandkids are so cute!...i'm so proud of you for finding a plan that is giving you slow, steady progress...that's the best kind, trust me...salt does suck - i fall victim to it all the time, but am finding a lot of low-sodium, tasty things to replace salty snacks...

marilee!!!!!...no worries about one bad day girl - you are AMAZING!!!...you have lost so much weight in such a short period of time - you are leading the way for all of us...way to go, girl!!!...

vicki, we're all here to give you the support you need - you can do this as soon as you are ready...YOU CAN DO IT!...summer is over - school is starting soon - it's a great time to get into a new routine...come on, kid!...

ff, sorry about the electric bill, but happy your coronary was figurative...i get a kick out of your countdown to retirement!...i know you are gonna lead us to significant losses this fall when you re-join ww...i seem to do well when you do well - you're like a big brother i look up to!...

well, i had a great time in maine with dw and 4 of our kids...did so many different things and i did a good job of staying on plan....so much to share, but i will spread it out over several posts so i don't bore you to tears...

have not been near a scale, so tomorrow will be my official weigh-in for the week...i have no idea what to expect, but i hope i am not heavier than i was last week...

today:
b: couple of leftover chicken wings and some chicken salad
l: skipped
d: grilled, dry-rubbed, chicken leg quarters - they were DELICIOUS!!!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 08-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Tony! We missed our great cheering section! Glad you all had a great time in Maine and we are anxious to hear all the details. thanks for the remarks about the grandkid picture. Sure do miss that family alot!!

Marilee, those dust storms look so scary. Wonderful you got the rain and the cooler temps! Glad you are losing the weekend weight.

FF, Know you are enjoying the cooler temps too. Will you be making your own soups this fall? What is your favorite?

I did go up just a tad from the ham yesterday by only a couple of oz. Back on the ground beef today. Just ate an oz of cream cheese with my coffee and cream for breakfast.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #343

welcome back, Tony!!!

glad u had a great time. You are our MAINE man. On top of the (f)utility expense, i also have a dental appointment this afternoon at 1:30pm. Naturally the tooth has not bothered me since i made the appointment. But, sometimes we have to face our fears. If y'all do not hear from me after today, suffice it to say it was a most fearsome episode.All right, I am scared $*&%less!!! On the positive side, i think things are beginning to loosen up, pants to waistline wise; not dramatically, but noticeably. As I believe i said before, it is less about looking good, and more about feeling good. As far as soups go, Abi, I will stick to chicken soup, and veggie based soups for a while. That, salads, and stirfry dishes, and I believe all will be well. If i need any snack, either of those 3 will suffice quite well, and do no damage. FF
Old 08-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, friends!!!!

"Our MAINE man"....ff, you crack me up!!!

TONY - YEA - YOUR BACK!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!

Had another great storm in the wee hours of the morning - thunder and lightening and 2 inches dropped in about an hour. It was 75 this morning. Nice!

Thank goodness for my new roof!

Well, the good news is I've dropped 2 of the 4 I gained over the weekend so hopefully I will lose the other 2 plus a little on my Monday weigh in.

ff, so sorry about your tooth! I don't like going to the dentist either. I'm just glad I found a nice one who likes to laugh, like I do. It makes everything better. You'll do great!

Morning, Abi!!!!

I'll catch ya'll later.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, it's great to be back!...i'll be giving y'all headaches again with my ramblings...lol...

marilee, congrats on the 2 lbs!...you are doing great, kid...do you realize that you have lost over 6% of your body fat in less than a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

ff, good luck at the dentist's office...does anyone NOT dread dentist's visits?...happy to hear the pants are fallin off ya...you might want to think about suspenders :-)

abi, i sent a note to the candle company today and asked them if they had added a new employee to the line in the past few weeks as i noticed a marked improvement in the quality of their candles...so, expect a raise and offer of full-time employment - personally, i'd play hard to get!

the surgeon called yesterday and they want to delay surgery for a month - til the end of october...normally, i would welcome the delay, but i am having trouble walking now and on a few days, have used a walking stick and crutches to get around...it's also getting hard to drive...hopefully, it will improve, otherwise i may have a tough couple of months ahead...at the moment, there is no way i can even think about going to nashville feeling this way, and i need to get there, so we will see...

so much to tell, but i will sprinkle in the news here and there...i talked to my former partner today, and we agreed to a deal in principle for me to re-acquire the part of the lumber yard i sold to him in 2005...so, i am excited about that...lots of work to do there, but it will feel good to have a place again...

i went back to the kitchen last night and ate more grilled chicken than i should have - so i am a bit afraid to climb on the scale this morning...if i find the courage, i will report the results shortly...

vicki, have you found your mojo yet?...we need you girl!...

Last edited by tony8; 08-23-2012 at 07:55 AM..
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, i found the courage and i weighed in at 214 even, but i decided i am going to weigh "officially" tomorrow, and will update my stats then...it will give me more of an incentive to flush and eat light today, which I NEED TO DO!...lol...

i want to get to 210 by the end of this month, 205 by the end of next month and to 1derland by my surgery date at the end of october...i know i can do that...

how is everyone else doing today?...

so far:
b: skipped
l: a few cantaloup cubes
d: leftover grilled chicken and salad

Last edited by tony8; 08-23-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 08-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, I knew your hip was bad, but didn't realize how bad it was. I'm so sorry that they delayed your surgery by a month.

I just finished my MF cream of tomato soup for lunch and need to get back to work.

TTYL
Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #348

how about a trade Tony?

I will have the hip procedure, and u can have the tooth extraction. Well I might as well enjoy my last 4 days in office. the tooth gets pulled on Tuesday a.m. Pity, I cannot have Dr Watley do it. He has a better selection of magazines. I promise i will not eat to compensate. but, yeah, I just may do the 2 scoop of pistachio in a waffle cone this weekend....maybe. but the 5 guys will be on my lc bread. Tonight is a great concert on the radio from Lucerne, Switzerland which will feature the Mozart Requiem (wqxr.org)8 pm Eastern time. You do not have to be a classical music fan to appreciate this. Most of it was in the movie AMADEUS. There will also be some Beethoven as well. F-5 months & 23 days to retirement-F
Old 08-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #349

try getting a walker, Tony.

it saved my bacon. i was able to stay at work, and come and go as i please. It was also quite a workout. i had the plain vanilla version-NO WHEELS. but, you may need the wheels to make it easier. Look into it. FF
Old 08-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Marillee and FF, you crack me up!

Marilee, thanks for the nice comment about the grandkids!

I am still slowly going down afew ounces a day which makes me very happy. Having ham today so that mean I will probably be up some tomorrow but I needed a change from the ground beef.

Yesterday had the rest of the pork roast, ground beef and an ounce of cream cheese for breakfast. Coffee with cream and water.

Vicki, your bringing my attention to the stress/cortisol connection has made such a difference to my success - thank you so much!!

Have a great day Blitzers!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Back at it this week. On track now for second day. We will see what happens.

Day 2 of being on plan. Meat and veggies primarily.

I went to an info session about a doc from our local area about a plan he devised based on several eating plans: Dukan, New Atkins, South Beach etc. All protein for 5 days, the alternating protein day with protein and veggies. Oh and fiber before meals (psyllium) plus 2 TBSP oat bran; dairy is allowed as long as it isn't any higher than 2% No butter or oil except small amounts of olive. Then 3rd phase is adding small amnts of frt.

I haven't ever been too successful with all protein days.

Tony, drat on having to wait another month.

Hi all the rest of you.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 08-23-2012 at 02:45 PM..
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, ff, i would make the trade, but i wouldn't want you to have to go through what i am facing, bro...i know a walker will be part of my post-surgery equipment brigade, but i'm not that bad yet - most of the time i am fine without a walking stick or crutches (i didn't even touch either yesterday or today), but if i know i will be walking a lot, i need them...

vicki, so happy to hear you are back on the horse...it's the start of a new year - by the end of the school year, you'll be deep into 1derland and so happy heading into next summer...

marilee, i can't wait til we are sitting on your patio enjoying a desert sunset... :-)
Old 08-24-2012, 02:06 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Ha Ha Tony, laughed so hard at the note to Kringle! Your brain must work overtime to think of these comments! So sorry the hip is bothering you so much and that they have postponed your surgery.

Marilee, I love cream of tomato soup! Hope you enjoyed it. Neat lightning picture! Glad the weather was cool again for you again after the storm. Yes, thank goodness for your new roof!

Vicki! Glad you are back posting. Keep us informed if you follow this Dr.'s protocol.

FF, how did the dental appointment go? Hope you did not have to have an extraction.

Looks like tropical storm is headed toward Pensacola at the moment. You might as well say Gulf Shores, Alabama our home for 10 years as they are only afew miles from each other. I can remember so well the sinking feeling when they would project our area as the landfall spot. Hope it stays just a tropical storm for all my friends down there.

Down a couple of ounces again this morning. So happy!

Have a great Friday all!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #354

Abi, it WILL be an extraction.

the last one i had was also the 1st one I had. That was about 50 years ago. I did not go willingly then. I have a perfect FERENGHI set of choppers, but not so good for a HEWMON. The weather here looks decent for the weekend. I am happy to say that my period of weekend seclusion is over. I will be all over Bklyn Sat & Sun. But, tonight, i shall sleep, perchance to dream. The concert last night was inspiring. I saved myself the cost of tickets, airfare, hotels etc. As a young Ferenghi on earth, btw, Campbell's tomato soup was my fave. but, (earth)mom dded water not cream. And then we added some chinese noodles for the crunch factor. that and a sandwich, and I was in heaven. Thenme and the Beaver knuckled down to do our homework. FF
Old 08-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

Abi, my avitar picture was of the storm that rolled over Phoenix on Wednesday night.

I love cream of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum! Of course, it's hard to come up with a food I don't like....ergo the problem!

Have a great day everyone. I'll check in later.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ha ha marilee, i'm with you and like every kind of food!....that is an awesome photo...there is nothing like the western sky in all kinds of weather...

abi, good job on the continued, steady loss...i have a warped brain, so coming up with crazy comments takes no effort at all - for better or worse! :-)

ff, the only tooth i have had pulled so far was a baby tooth when i was 7 or 8, but i am overdo for a cleaning and my gums have felt sensitive lately...good luck, bro!

having dinner with one of my sisters in concord tonight - my family and hers at a nice italian restaurant...really looking forward to seeing my sis and 10-year-old niece - she is so cute...will keep my eating very light today to save my cals for the good stuff tonight...

haven't eaten yet today...will weigh in a bit and be back to tattle on myself...
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #357

die-ing to know what u had at the Italian Restaurant

If you ever make it to Bklyn, we must go to Fiorentino's. Apart from its prime virtue of being reasonable priced (as prices go these days), the food is excellent. I have not been there for a while, as I refuse to eat alone. that is what my apartment is for. Today is the 1933rd anniversary of the FAMOUS eruption of Mt Vesuvius, which destroyed at least 4 cities, and quite a number of people. The emperor Titus visited there, before & after the eruption. He set up a relief fund for survivors, and I am sure helped in any way he could.we know he was accompanied by his physician, because there is a graffito in the public lavatory which attests to this, which I cannot repeat here in Latin or English. Another person of interest perished there in addition to the Roman fleet commander and encyclopedist-Pliny the elder. I speak of a great-grand-daughter of King Herod, whose name was Drusilla. she was the sister of Agrippa II & Berenike (their sister, who was between marriages at this time). they were, if you know your Acts of the Apostles, invited to sit at the apostle Paul's trial at Caesarea. Agrippa had great knowledge of Jewish law and custom. so, this Drusilla had moved to Italy and settled at Pompeii. Bad timing, old girl!!! FF
Old 08-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you amaze me with your knowledge! You are one of the most intelligent, knowledgable people I have ever met. I still think we will all get together when we reach our goals and converge on Tony's "little cabin in the woods". FF, we will drive to NY and pick you up and while there go to the Italian restaurant and laugh our butts off!!!!

I realize this sounds strange, but I feel closer to the 4 of you then people I see every day. Weird!

Hope you all are having a great Friday.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey marilee, it doesn't sound weird to me...i guess we share things in here with each other that we don't talk about with many of the people in our everyday lives...i never talk about my weight loss struggles outside of this forum...you guys are great friends and i really do cherish the relationship i have with you...we are definitely getting together someday in the near future to celebrate our success...

btw, love your signature quote...

ff, i agree with marilee, that you are a cavalcade of information - a walking wikipedia!...i am definitely up for dinner in brooklyn - my treat, bro...i had chicken marsala and a bit of risoto - DELICIOSO!...

i weighed in at 213.8 this morning, so i was up .4 for the week, but i think some of it is fluid...will try flushing this weekend and see where i stand on tuesday...

Last edited by tony8; 08-24-2012 at 09:40 PM..
Old 08-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I feel the same. I only share my struggles with losing weight and the reasons for this struggle with my best Blitzer friends. I appreciate having my own cheering section and know you all want the best for me and the others in the group. When we suffer from discouragement or pain be it feet, hip or just being sad we all suffer. That's true friendship to me.

They brought in lunch for us again Friday. I had a tuna wrap and a turkey wrap minus the wrap. Very good. Also had an oz of cream cheese for breakfast and a cup of ground beef for dinner along with several cups of coffee with cream and some water during the day. Weight steady today.

Have a wonderful Saturday all!
Closed Thread