Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i am sure, Gibby, that u know that weight loss does NOT

conform to a mathematical equation. Sometimes, all our efforts seem in vain, and sometimes the scale shows a juicy loss when we were behaving off plan (which is even more dangerous, because we can get cocky)Stay on your plan and forget the #s on the scale. FF

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Yep, ff. That's exactly what I'm going to do. Yea me!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:34 AM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Marilee, I just heard on the news that Phoenix high today will be 112. You poor thing! You are doing so well on your weight loss. A .4 loss for the week shows that your body is still losing and that is terrific!

FF, sorry you didn't get to buy your bread yet but tomorrow is Wed. and you will be able to stock up.

Vicki, traveling is the pits on trying to stay on plan for all of us. Do you get to stay home now for the rest of the summer? When do you start back teaching?

I am still hanging in there on no carbs to speak of and losing a little at a time. Still eating starting early in the day instead of waiting until 2. It seems to be what my system needed.

Hope everyone has a very good Tuesday!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #304

i am NOT waiting till Wed.

I am getting my lc bread after work. After all, I am already out of the house. I shall also get a low carb portion of pistachio ice cream (2.6 gr net carbs), and 1 low carb muffin or some other low carb delectable that can travel well. Now, I will be able to enjoy all my low carb critters, like cold cuts, tuna salad etc between 2 slices of low carb toast (2 slices are a neglible 3 gr net). It is all going to fall into line. It is the closest to having my cake and eating it too. I guess i was waiting for the right moment. it is here. Good luck to me!!! FF
Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, it's been hotter than heck around here. We've broken a lot of records. Thankfully, today is the last one over 110 for a week or so. We still need rain so badly but nary a drop in site!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Glad the over 110 temps will be gone for at least a week. We are finally getting the rain. Most of the summer it was very dry, lawns brown and crunchy. Everything is back very green now. What's on your menu for today?

Vicki have you been able to get back to your woe? Wishing you a good day.

Tony, are you back in town yet? How was Maine?

FF, enjoying your burgers with bread now?

I am still inching down little by little and knock on wood, am resisting the old temptations. Hoping for another good day today!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #307

oh, yeah, Abi!

i will be making a special pilgrimage this weekend to 5 Guys burgers bearing 4 slices of the low carb toast,(and a plastic bottle of lc ketchup) to enjoy 2 of their mouth watering burgers with cheese, bacon, tomato, onion & pickle, mayo and mustard, and a big diet coke with which to wash it down. It is not merely fun and games, but a holy sacrament as well. I am marking the passing from mortality to divinity of Caesar Augustus, who made the transition on Aug 19, 14 a.d. (767 AVC). I also got 2 lc muffins, which i took to work. I feelsome changes (good ones)coming. FF
Old 08-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, happy to see everyone posting and hanging in there...i am only home for an hour or so, then to a funeral/wake in RI for a distant aunt and then either back home overnight or up to maine where most of the fam is, depending on how i feel...

weighed when i got back this afternoon and i am at 213.4, which is a .6 drop from last week and i am celebrating!...haven't eaten anything today, but will have a plum in a bit...

abi, i like your new plan much much more than your previous one, mainly because eating infrequently was a major cause of my weight gain...happy to see you taking well to the new woe!...

marilee, a loss is a loss and no gain is a major victory...you are doing great - your body simply won't let you shed weight at a rate that is totally too quickly... i bet this week it will give up a bit more but DO NOT get discouraged! :-)

ff, thanks for the catheter story and vicki, thanks for giving me hope that i might not need one...if i'm in surgery for 3-4 hours, i'm guessing i will be peeing on everyone without a catheter, won't i???...lol...

vicki, back up on the horsie, girl!...

ff, congrats on celebrating caesar augustus' passing in such a religious fashion :-)

stay strong kids, i'll either see you later on or in several days!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 08-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #309

if u could get frequent driver miles, Tony....

u would have enough for a Mars landing and back. I miss the road. As for Augustus, he and his wife Iulia Augusta(nee Livia Drusilla)are my patron deities. Talk to you soon. F-6 months to go-F
Old 08-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone. Overcast and cloudy and only 101 today! Yea!

The scale finally moved again. Down 1.8 pounds.

Not much to report besides that. Abi, today's eats are:

B-MF maple and brown sugar oatmeal
S-MF chocolate mint soft serve (kind of like soft ice cream)
L-MF chicken noodle soup
S-MF strawberry shake
D-7 ounces grilled skinless/boneless chicken breast and 1-1/2 cups of chopped spinach
S-MF brownie

Tony - nice to see you post. We miss you when you are here.

Vicki - where are you?

Have a great rest of the day!

Marilee
Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, thanks for posting your menu. It always sounds so good and the idea of eating such delicious food and still losing is very appealing to me!

FF, I may have to drive down to NY and make that pilgrimage with you. You have a very yummy weekend planned!

Tony, sorry about your Aunt. I'm sure you are going to be pretty tired with all the driving. Hope your hip isn't too aggravated.

I continue to make some progress, slow but hopefully sure. I have been reading a thread on LCF by SgtBrownsWife. She has lost 11 pounds in 8 days but eating a fat fast diet. She has been mainly eating cream cheese, cream and coconut oil in her coffee, and hamburgers with tomato and lettuce. You can read about it here if interested My modified version of the fat fast 5.8lbs lost in less than 3 days!!!!

I guess what I am doing is close to the same except I am mainly eating just fatty ground beef and cream in my coffee.

Feeling good and motivated!

Have a wonderful day Blitzers!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #312

i might actually try that one long weekend.

3 days of small portions of vhf (very high fat)& virtually zero carb. I wonder, though, if i would get a boost scalewise. a good time to try would be when i rejoin WW. I will have access to a scale once a week. Right now, I am enjoying a lc muffin(marble)5 net gr carb. tonight is McD night. I shall enjoy the burgers on my lc toast. FF
Old 08-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Today was the first day of school for my 7th grader. He and his friend missed the bus. Apparently school is starting earlier this year. Thank goodness I was around to get them to school.

Catching up on posts, same old, same old on my end.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #314

i never heard of school starting in mid August.

is this a parochial school or a private academy of some sort? In NY, school always started the Monday after Labor Day. Apparently, i was just informed that it starts (this year, anyway) the Thursday after Labor Day. Am I glad I am long past my school daze!!!. FF
Old 08-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #315

there is a large iced coffee in my future...

after work. i will bypass McD this evening, in anticipation of 5 guys this weekend. Instead i shall make some cold cut sandwiches on my lc bread, with some mayo, mustard and coleslaw(very little slaw, as outside the house, they may put some sugar in it). Of course, once Autumn kicks in, I will be making my legendary TROLL slaw. FF
Old 08-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Some schools started this week in the Phoenix area.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, public school. It does seem quite a bit earlier than usual. I thought something passed the legislature a couple of years ago about not letting school start until Sept. but apparently not. If we did start that late we would go until mid June though.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I remember a long time ago when I was in school, it started the day after Labor Day and ended shortly after Memorial Day.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

FF, my grandkids in Missouri started back to school yesterday too. They get out in May every year. It was the same when they lived in Alabama.

Hey Vicki!

Had another good day yesterday and a little loss this morning. Today they will be bringing in lunch again for us as they do every Friday. Nice company! It will be make your own sandwich with different cold cuts. I will pass on the bread.

I am out of ground beef so made some egg salad to bring for a midmorning snack and afternoon snack. I liked the idea that SgtBrownsWife had for eating cream cheese for breakfast. I don't eat alot of cheese but an ounce slice hit the spot with my coffee and cream today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #320

MIRACLE DAY is here!

It is a miracle that i got out of bed. When I used to go STANDING ROOM at the opera, I was at my post, so to speak, in the wee hours of the morning (the 1970's and 1980's)to get a good spot on line. there are 3 rows of SR at the Met behind the orchestra, and 1 line above the 5th tier (this is good if u do not care about the stage sets, which could be disappointing at times), ergo i needed to be in the 1st line downstairs. AND, it was no effort at all. Sometimes, i would have my opera friends meet me at my house, and we would fortify ourselves with strong coffee, then head for the subway. Even if my feet could handle SR, my wallet cannot these days. The point is, nowadays, when i wake up (lucky so far), I just want to lay there and listen to music or watch TV, or dvds etc.
the good news is I will be able to sleep IN consistently beginning 2/16/13. FF
Old 08-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Finally got some rain last night. It did it's usual dump - 5 minute downpour and then nothing (except flooding) - but this morning when I woke up there was some light sprinkles and the temp at my house was 75. It's should be around 85. I was able to open up the house for the first time in around 3 months and get some fresh air circulating. The kitties loved it. Once again, I had 4 butts lined up at the front door smelling all the wonderful smells.

Well guys - I am 2 ounces shy of losing 21 pounds in 24 days. Yea! I know this won't last, but what a way to kick start the process.

I hope everyone has a great day!

TTYL
Old 08-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Marilee.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

10 minutes to go and I'm out of here!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, you are amazing! 21 pounds in 24 days is fantastic! I am also happy you have some cool weather and rain right now. What a relief for you!

FF, we are all counting the days until you get to sleep in every morning. Feb. 16th will be here before you know it.

This is the first day I did not show a loss since last Saturday but I was only up 2oz. so no big deal. I think switching to egg salad and eating the deli meat at the company lunch yesterday held me back. I am heading to the grocery store this morning to stock up on some fatty ground beef. Rings and jeans feeling just a little looser.

Have a great Saturday Blitzers!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! It's warm and muggy, but not nearly as hot. Only 94 today with a 30% chance of rain.

Abi, the deli meat probably had a lot of salt in it. Just drink more water today and there shouldn't be an issue. The egg salad was probably fine, if it was LC.

The botanist for the landscaping company that did my patio area is coming over this morning. I'm just want him to check out the yellow bells. One doesn't bloom and the other two are sprawling and not like a bush, which they should be. I also want him to look at the swarf orange tree. There is a lot of brown on the leaves, which just may be because of the heat, but I want to make sure. The plants are under warranty for a year (next April), but I want to nip anything in the bud (excuse the pun) before there is an issue. I'd rather save these than go through the hassle of having to take off work, etc. so they can redo the plants.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. May you get a lot accomplished and have some fun mixed in, too!

TTYL
Old 08-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, I think you are right about the deli meat. I also felt kind of icky and headachy yesterday which could have been from preservatives or additives to the meat.

Sorry your plants on the patio are having a hard time. Hope the botanist can figure out the problem and get them back healthy again.

I am back to what I was on Friday so lost the few ounces I was up yesterday.

Breakfast will be at the Country Club today. Am thinking of 3 scrambled eggs and not meat. Trying to keep the sodium down some. Had pork roast last night, ground beef during the day and some cream cheese earlier in the morning - about 2oz total. Drank more water than usual. So much easier when I'm at home.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All time high weight in a very long time, 242.2 EGAD, time to get serious.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Come on, Vicki, the horse is saddled and ready to go. Let's get on it together! I blew it today....I had dropped another two pounds when I got on the scale this morning after a "hungry day" yesterday. I wasn't planning on going to friends for Sunday lunch/dinner, but I do that so infrequently that I did. And I blew it big time - ate like a (you guessed it) horse. I feel horrible. Stuffed, bloated, etc. Knowing me the, the scale is probably up 5 pounds - seriously....not exaggerating. So my horse is saddled and waiting, too. I'll start back on plan tomorrow. I don't feel like eating anymore today so I consider that "off plan".

My plants are fine. The dwarf orange is sun burned from the intense heat we had, but will survive. The yellow bells are fine - he said it takes a year before they really kick in and I'm not to trim them for a year. Then I can cut them back and shape them in Spring so they will be bushes and have lots of flowers. Whew!

Not much else to report. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

I miss you ff and Tony! Looks like our little group is down to just the 5 of us.

Last edited by Gibby; 08-19-2012 at 01:50 PM..
Old 08-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, happy your plants are going to be ok. Sorry that you had a momentary lapse of plan. I had a tense day yesterday feeling right on the edge of falling off my plan. I did manage to hang in there thank goodness.

Vicki, hoping you have a good day and find a plan that will work for you. Starting the day with some high fat and moderate protein is helping me get the day started right and then eating every few hours keeps me from getting into that binge mentality.

FF, how was your weekend!

Tony, are you still in vacation mode? When do DW and the kids start back to school?

Here is a picture of the grandkids last Thursday on their way to their first day of school. I told them they looked pretty happy for some reason.

Have a great Monday Blitzers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First day of school 2012.jpg (69.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-20-2012, 04:05 AM   #330

i was able to turn off the AC.

I did not make it to 5 Guys, but that is okay. i saved some Latinum. It is going to be cooler (if not cool)for the this week, and hopefully through the weekend. Otherwise, no momentous events for me. Oh yes, I lost 2 important stations on my my basic cable: Antenna TV, which has classic shows from the '50s & 60s. We were also supposed to get Barnie Miller & Benson on Sept 9. I hope we get it back in time. We also lost WPIX, which has 1 hour of SEINFELD at 11m. So, now basic cable is even more basic. FF
Closed Thread