Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
abi, tuna muffins sound much worse than they must taste - i hope!...i would have seen if i could pawn 'em off on Bama...lol...your ham and cream cheese sounds yummy though...good idea!...

ff, you are the saute` master chef...i could eat fried chicken every day...

i pan-fried the leftover ribeye with onions and garlic last night - so so good!

not sure what is going on today...the pool water has cooled off with these last two very cool nights...emmy comes home from her summer job at unh tomorrow so that will be great...gonna try to vacation some between now and when dw goes back to school...

hope everyone has a strong hump day!!!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Abi, at least you found a way to use up the tuna muffins.

Marilee, send some of your mojo my way please.

Tony, I bet you can make it to onederland before surgery.

ff, fall will be here before you know it. hang in there.

I am thawing out meat to grill for tonight. We have eating tons of veggies and fruit. I head out of state again tomorrow until Sunday. I am going to try and eat in 2 meals. However, this motel does not have refrig or mwaves in the room!! ARGH, I will have to utilize the darn cooler. And, this is a Hilton, go figure.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 08-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
my 1 harbinger of hope is that the stores are crammed

full of school supplies. In NYC, it begins after Labor Day. Is it too much to hope that we will get a cold snap in Sept? In any event, I NEED that low carb bread, so I am going to THE BAKERY after work on Friday, insofar as I am already out of the house. In the event I wuss out during the weekend, at least I will be able to make low carb sandwiches. Hiowever, being the proud owner of said bread, perhaps it will drive me to 5 guys or Wendys to bring home some bunless burgers, or a triple baconator. I hate what this summer has made me. Last year at this time i did that 4 hour walk. although i would not repeat it (even for $$$), I was capable of doing it then, in hot, muggy August weather. FF
Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, you will get back to where you can do that and more!...no doubt about it...i think you have been in a maintenance frame of mind for a bit, and i think that is perfectly okay...i was there for a year and gained some over that time, but i really feel like i needed the break and that now i am motivated and on the road to a permanent, lower weight and you will be too...

when you are ready, you will probably start at ww again, start weighing weekly, etc...that seemed to be when you got amazing results...and that is not something any of us can do indefinitely or without a break...you are gonna do GREAT, bro...

vicki, i remember a while back, i was lighter than you, but you got motivated and flew by me like i was standing still!...you have proven you can do this and you will do it again...i so so so believe in you!...good luck this weekend :-)

this morning, i weighed in at 214 on the nose...1.8 lbs. above my low 2 weeks ago, but down 1.2 lbs. from last week...i feel motivated and on track!

let's have one good day TODAY!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Just popping in to wish everyone a nice night.

Not much to report except it's hot! 97 degrees at 4AM - 116 today to break a record. More of the same......

Good night!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, i was thinking about you tonight when i saw the phoenix weather on tv...sheesh...do they give folks who work outdoors paid leave when it is that hot???...

what was on the menu today - i love hearing about the mf program... :-)

i baked salmon tonight and it was delish...along with some clam chowder - picked out most of the potatoes...lots of water too...

hope everyone is having a great night!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Tony! People who work outdoors start at 6am and quit at 3. Poor people!

Ok, so here's what we had today:

B-MF carmel crunch bar
S-MF S-more bar
L-MF cream of chicken soup
S-Oatmeal raisin bar
D-6 ounces of grilled chicken and chopped spinach - which I love!!!
S-MF chocolate shake.

Obviously, I need to try more things on my next shipment. Bars are easy to take to work, but I think I'll get more of the cereal because I snack on that without milk in the afternoon

Signing off - night!

Marilee
Old 08-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Tony, if Bama had a cast iron stomach like me I would have. lol Enjoy your vacation mode with the family.

Vicki, sorry that the Hilton does not have a frig. I hate eating out of a cooler. Hope you find some good stuff to pack and enjoy your trip!

FF, I remember that 4 hour walk last summer. Hey, don't forget the aisle walking in air conditioned Shoprite! Hope you get some low carb bread for your burgers this weekend1

Marilee, have you always lived in Phoenix? Have you had any more sand storms lately?

Had a fairly easy day at work yesterday. We made double wick candles that have to be finished on a SLOW conveyor belt. Calm and relaxing!

Hope you all have a nice day!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, you and ethel must have been really happy with that slow conveyor...lol...

marilee, that sounds so yummy and it seems like they break up the food into many, small snack/meals so you don't get overly hungry...good strategy, i think...

had a late breakfast/early lunch of about 3 oz. of leftover salmon...it's even good cold...i may add mayo and onions in a bit and make sandwiches for the fam - they love that and i will top my salad with some later on...

looking forward to having emmy home today...the two weeks she will be here will fly by, but i'm gonna enjoy them while they last!...

did some swimming yesterday and was surprised that the pool temp was still 78 after a couple of nights in the low 60s...

hope everyone has a great day today!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone!

Popping in real quick at work....

Tony, have fun with Emmy! I know you will. Yep, M-F is 5 small 100-110 calorie "meals" and then the one I cook myself that is lean and green. Amounts to 800-1000 calories a day and under 100 carbs.

Abi-I moved to Phoenix in 1981. I was born in Kansas City, MO; moved to Lombard, IL; moved to Moorehead, MN; moved to Minneapolis, MN; moved to Monroeville, PA (suburb of Pittsburgh-go Steelers!); moved to Santa Monica, CA; moved to Ferndale, WA; moved to Phoenix, AZ.

Got to run. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, marilee, that's a lot of places all over the country...hmmm, you should write a book! :-) you are doing so well on mf - and on so few calories...you are really inspiring me girl!

ate a salad topped with salmon this afternoon and had a few select LC options from some chinese take-out tonight...ff, i was thinking about you while eating the ribs...

how is everyone doing tonight?...
Old 08-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, amazing all the places you have lived! I bet you do have some very interesting stories to tell! When we all come to visit you on your new patio you will have to tell us how you happened to live all over the country!

I went by Walmart last night on the way home from work and picked up DH dinner at the deli. I was standing by the heat table and the lady behind the counter asked me if I worked for Kringle Candle. I laughed and said can you smell the candles? I stood over hot wax all day. She laughed and said she could as I stood by the heat. At least I smelled like "Courtland Apples".

Very humid out already at 4am. Think we are supposed to get thunderstorms today.

I think we have one more day doing the double wicks so yes Tony, Ethel and I will enjoy the slow pace!

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Last edited by Abigale; 08-10-2012 at 02:23 AM..
Old 08-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #283

Gibby, I SHOULD move to Phoenix.

It would resolve one important issue for me. At 116 degrees, i would never have to worry about dieting, low carb or otherwise...cause i would be DEAD. God bless you, i do not know how you do it, or how anyone functions normally at temps above 72 degrees. I was out yesterday, owing to a burst pipe under the kitchen sink. After it was all over, I still had to wash/dry all the towels that I put down to absorb all the flood water. then I had to go to the bank, and other errands. I was just too close to the pistachio ice cream(2 scoops)in a big waffle cone. that and a large iced coffee. I felt no guilt at all. As it happens. it was the only solid food I consumed that day. When I got home, I grabbed an ice cold flavored seltzer. then i fell asleep for about 4 hours, maybe longer. Well, back to work, and it IS Friday. Talk to y'all later. FF
Old 08-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi ff, happy you enjoyed the ice cream - guilt free...why should you feel guilt?...we have not broken any laws and we are human and deserve what every other human deserves - the freedom to make our own choices...what we are doing should not be about punishing ourselves or inflicting guilt to affect change, but rather about living a healthier, happier life in the long term, and the occasional couple of scoops of pistachio ice cream on a hot summer day is perfectly consistent with that - at least from where i am sitting! ;-)

i used to suffer so much more in warm weather when i was even 30 lbs. heavier...i didn't know it at the time, but my blood sugar was out of control - don't know if i ever told you guys the story of how i came to realize i was obese and needed to change (because i can tell you that the mirror wasn't enough!)...

i had slowly gained weight over the years from overworking, making no time for real exercise other than what i did with my kids, and eating one big meal at night and nothing all day...my metabolism was ruined...i went from a size 32 waist in college, gradually to a size 42 waist 20 years later...but although i knew i was heavier, i never really felt poorly or fat...

then i climbed on the scale one day after some years (this may have been in 1999-2000) and it showed 272 lbs. - i was shocked!!!...and panicked at the number...i just could not believe i had gained that much weight...i had been in the low 180s when i got married in 1984, and in 1990 i was in the mid 190s but worked out at the gym 4-5 days a week and was very muscular and fit...but in 10 years i had gained about 80 lbs!!!!

my disgust with myself motivated me - i started dieting and over 3-4 months i lost 25 lbs. and felt lighter...i lost my motivation to lose, but was able to maintain, and my weight stayed in the mid 240s after that for a few years...so, skip ahead to 2003...........

we were planning our first cross-country rv trip for that summer...i was battling an ingrown toenail, which had gotten infected and has been bothering me for months...not one to go to a doctor - i had not seen one in over 20 years - i soaked the foot, etc., but it never got better...i didn't want to be hobbled all summer on our trip, so i decided to go the emergency room - i had no doctor and it was a few days before we were leaving...i figured they would give me some anti-biotics and send me on my way and all would be cured...

that's not what happened...nope, when the e-room doc looked at my foot she said it was the worst infected toe she has ever seen...i asked her if she could just give me meds and let me go home and soak it and she said "sure, if you want to come back later and have the toe amputated!"...

she asked if i was diabetic and i said "no", and she did a blood test and my blood sugar was 289...long story short, she sent me to a podiatrist that day who did surgery on the toe to cut the nail, and then to a family practice (where i still go) for general medical help...my doc there (who is really a physician's asst.) put me on meds for bp and blood sugar...i started watching what i was eating and lost about 10 lbs and then gained it back and yo-yo-ed like that for a few years...the meds worked and kept me in the "acceptable" range, but as time passed, i was looking at needing higher doses of meds to keep it that way...i had to make a choice - be a meds-dependent, fat guy for the rest of my life or change my life by losing weight...

that was in the spring of 2010, and when i found ff's first blitz, 6 days after he started it...i set a goal to get back to my pre-marriage weight of 185 - in 2 1/2 years i have gotten halfway there, but more importantly, i am healthier and have no need for increased meds...i do believe that when i reach my goal weight, i will be off most of the meds i now take...my bp is normal with meds and my blood sugar is normal with a very low-dose pill...

none of that was the point of this story, though...when i was 240+ lbs., i could not stand the heat - at all...i would attend school functions, meetings etc. where other people would be comfortable and i would have sweat pouring off me...i dreaded going anywhere and would stuff paper towels in my pockets to mop my face...i hated temps above the 60s unless i was in a pool or lake...it was embarrassing and miserable...

since i lost the last 25-30 lbs and my blood sugar is normal, i feel normal again...i rarely sweat, and never when other folks are not sweating alongside me...in fact, the norm is now for other people to be bothered by the heat MORE than i am...now, i never think about sweating or factor the fear of it into my planning, like i used to...

i did not even hook up the a/c this year and a fan has been more than enough to keep me comfortable this summer - in the past, i would have DIED in this weather...now, i find it pleasant...

it is in things like this that i am finding my motivation...i have concrete examples of ways my life is better after being 215 rather than 245 or 272, and i know at 185, i will feel so so so much better than i do now...remember, in the past at 272, i THOUGHT i felt great!...this spring when i got back up to 225, i knew i felt terrible...that motivated me to start losing again...this is my new-normal and i am grateful for that...

so, i think that should be our focus here - not worrying about every morsel we choose to eat, but rather keeping our eye on the long-term prize of a lower, healthier weight, BECAUSE at those lower weights we will be healthier and we WILL FEEL BETTER, and that will make us happier folks...

that's where we will find the motivation we need to succeed...i was tired of fearing going to every event and sweating like a pig, i was tired of being afraid to step on a scale, i am tired of the extra fat around my belly even now and how the extra weight has affected my hip, etc...i want to be able to play with my grandchildren when i have them...that's what is motivating me...

let's all think about that and see if we can find reasons that matter to us - that motivate us...

and just think, i might be dead right now if not for an infected toe and an impending rv trip - go figure!

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY, kids!!!...i love y'all... :-)

Last edited by tony8; 08-10-2012 at 06:29 AM..
Old 08-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #285

well i certainly cannot blame my sweating (or your former sweats)

on the Kung Pao chicken like George Costanza. Last summer (at this time)I was about 50 lbs lighter. I WAS able to do exercise, and if u recall, I joined a gym. I also did that ridiculous 4 hour walk, just to see if I can do it. Wed evening, i got off the bus from the cleaners, to get a haircut. It was mobbed, so i walked home, a 20 minute walk. I was totally miserable from the ankles up. You could have wrung me out, and hung me to dry. Miraculously, my feet were fine. (perhaps I should write a piece on my sneakers for the J Peterman catalog). Tony, you were fortunate you caught it in time. We do not realize how important a toe is, until it is gone. At this stage of the game, #s on a scale are meaningless to me. i just want to feel good 12 months a year, not just 6. I hope i can make sufficient progress so that next summer will not be so terrible. FF
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

ff, I actually think you would do better during the summers here than in NY. Yes, our humidity is high right now, but not nearly as bad as yours. We don't sweat unless we are doing physical labor. And, everything is airconditioned. My air conditioner at home is running fine and I'm on the budget payment for electricity so I only by $78 a month for my 1374 square foot home. That's not bad.

Tony, quite the story! Thank God for an infected toe and an RV trip. I don't know what we would do if you weren't here. Of course, we wouldn't have known you, but that's not the point

Motivation.....I've been heavy for so long I can't remember how the good things felt. I have memories of the good things; dancing, walking, shopping, riding a bike, basically anything that involves movement. I also have memories of a better social life. Unlike now, where I tend to isolate because of fear of rejection and just basic shame and dislike of myself.

So, those memories and dreams are what are sustaining me and keep me getting back on the horse.

I am in a very good place, and have been for about a month now. I really like the plan I'm on and feel I can stay on it. Thankfully, MF has a transition phase and a maintenance phase so people can keep the weight they lose off. It is just that I have so much to lose and it seems to be so far away and unattainable. That is the thought that I squelch daily. A year from now I WILL BE at least 75 pounds lighter. MARVELOUS! GLORIOUS! FREEDOM!

We are all getting stronger - it may not show on the scale, but it shows in our minds and our souls and in our committment to wellness and to ourselves.

We can do this - and we can do this TOGETHER!

Stay strong, guys! I'll check in later.

Oh, Tony....here's today's eats:

B-MF peach oatmeal (with added cinnamon and sweetener)
S-MF Oatmeal raisin crunch bar
L-MF Chicken and wild rise soup
S-MF S'more crunch bar
D-grilled round steak with zucchini and yellow summer squash
S-MF chocolate mint pudding

Arrevderci!

Last edited by Gibby; 08-10-2012 at 09:02 AM..
Old 08-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

great posts ff and marilee!...i know with 100% certainty that all of us who are part of this thread are going to achieve our goals and will one day meet in person as thinner, happier people...we have really been in constant contact for, in some cases, over two years and have really gotten to know and trust each other...and that is of critical importance...

to heal and get stronger, we have to be able to share not only our successes, but our fears and deepest insecurities and we can do that here...i tell you guys things i don't share with anyone else because i know you will understand and YOU DO!...and i know if/when i start slipping, there will always be a hand there to grab onto, so i don't slip too far, and THERE ALWAYS IS!

i could not do any of this without you guys...in fact, the thought of not posting and reading what you post here, and going back to trying to do this alone is such a sad and lonely proposition to me now...THANK YOU!!!

i haven't eaten yet today...we will probably head to maine tonight so i may be out of touch for a few days...small kitchen and fridge up there, so once again, it is easier to behave than it is at home!...

let's have one good day today, and another tomorrow and another on sunday...

marilee, you are gonna be be so hot next summer - and i don't mean the temperature!...lol...
Old 08-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i just took a shower and was thinking about what ff said so succinctly, and what i rambled on about: we each have an ultimate goal, but just losing some weight offers us significant benefits and that's what we have to remember so the task doesn't look too daunting (as marilee pointed out)...

10 lbs. ago, i felt CRAPPY!...if you remember, i was complaining all early spring about it - blaming allergies, etc...i do not think it is a coincidence that feeling better just happened to correspond to my losing over 10 lbs. since april...we all have shared stories of feeling better, lighter, and none of us have even gotten to goal yet...

so, maybe we should try to focus on this 5 lbs. at a time - each 5 lbs. we lose is a significant achievement and if we take it in those smaller blocks, it seems more do-able...and it WILL correspond to us feeling better - you can't lose 5 lbs. without your clothes feeling a little looser or face looking a little thinner, etc...

ff, by next summer you can be further along than you were last summer and healthier than you were ten years ago...i know i plan to be healthier, if i survive this surgery...lol...

speaking of surgery, when i have it, i don't know how long i will be out of commission, hospitalized, whether i will have to go to a rehab, etc....i'm hoping it goes well and i can just come home, but if not, i will not be posting for awhile...<sigh>...but i won't be eating much either!...lol...

Last edited by tony8; 08-10-2012 at 10:38 AM..
Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, as I recall when my sister had her hip replacement, she was in the hospital for a couple of days and then went home. I'm not sure about rehab - she may have had exercises at home that she needed to do. But, she did rent a hospital bed and she purchased a gizmo that helped her put on her socks. I think I saw that in a Dr. Leonard's catalog, or something like that. If you would like, I can look for it. I'll check with her and see what else she needed and let you know.

Oh, and she got a walker which you will probably need to get.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #290

more often than not, tha actual experience of surgery

(the part that we are not actually anesthetized)is not as bad as we imagine. As i said previously, once the procedure was over, and they got all those tubes out, it was practically a vacation. I only wish the same for you, Tony. Lunch, 2 cheeseburgers and some slaw. Dinner, lightly breaded fish, broc and the rest of the slaw. I hope this is the weekend that i get off my tuffet and get to THE BAKERY. I have been putting off my pilgrimage to 5 Guys, until I have low carb toast for them. I shall never eat naked burgers again, once i have that bread. FF
Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, marilee, i could use all the info i can get on the surgery...the doc said that because i waited so long, this will not be a normal hip replacement, but rather much more involved, risky, longer recovery time, rehab, etc. - he told me not to think it's gonna be like anyone else's who i talk to who has had one done <yikes!>...i do have one of those sock things - i've needed that for a couple of years to put my right sock on...pretty clever device actually :-) my son's girlfriend's dad had his hip done and gave it to me after he didn't need it anymore...i know i'm gonna need a walker and some other things...

ff, thanks for the encouragement too...when you say tubes, i think catheter and then i think OUCH!...

had leftover steak for lunch and a salad - yummy...still not sure about dinner...

the transmission on our suv seems to be going, so we will not be taking it to maine, which is making the trip a 2-car journey and complicating it a bit...we may not leave until the a.m....if i disappear for a few days, you'll know what happened...
Old 08-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony, looks like you are all set for the surgerY. I will tell you that she was really glad she got the hospital bed. It made sleeping so much easier because she could adjust the bed to accommodate her hip. And, it was better for her significant other, too - he didn't have to put up with her flopping around trying to get comfortable all through the night.

It's 2:40 PM - less than 2 hours to go and I'm done - stick a fork in me! My head aches and I'm tired and I WANNA GO HOME!!!!

TTYL
Old 08-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, marilee...i will definitely keep the hospital bed in mind...i have no idea what to expect post-surgery, but i'm hoping they are gonna give me lots of info at my pre-surgical appointment...

it's a pretty weird thing when you think about having a prosthetic device instead of your own bone...i know i'm gonna have fun going through the metal detector at the airport - i better get ready for quite a few pat-downs...lol...

still haven't had dinner at 8:15...if the kids were not gonna be hungry, i'd probably skip it...i ate a bigger lunch than i ever eat, so i'm not feeling hunger, but i know once i get around food tonight, i will want to eat something...we may still leave for maine tonight and will have to stop for food along the way...it's a 2:45 minute drive...

hope everyone is having a great friday night!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:53 AM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilee, hope the headache is gone and you are enjoying a nice relaxing Saturday as well as all the other Blitzers.

Tony, hope you all had a safe trip to Maine last night and had no car trouble!

FF, hope you got off your tuffet and got some bread for your burgers!

Vicki, hope you are enjoying your trip out of state!

We talked earlier about cortesol and how stress can effect it and cause you to gain weight or just not lose. Yesterday someone posted a quote on one of the threads from Chris Kressor's web site. You know I have been trying not to eat until 2 pm but this fellow says that in some people this actually raises cortesol and blood sugar levels. Without boring you with details I am making a switch based on Marilee's good results by eating small low carb snacks or meals throughout the day and see if I have any better results. Time will tell!

Have a wonderful Saturday all!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Abi, good luck with your change in eating. I don't know if this will help or not, but I eat at:

6AM
9AM
12PM
3PM
6PM
8:30PM

In otherwords, everything 3 hours except at night.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Marilee, thanks for the time schedule. Yesterday I had cooked up some ground beef and had it in the frig in the size of little meat balls (sort of) and whenever I started to dwell on food I ate afew of them. At the end of the day for dinner I finished up the bowl of them.

This morning so far I have had a couple of pieces of deli ham with cream cheese in the middle rolled up. After church I'll probably have two or three fried eggs. Not sure if I will order any meat or not. I am trying to cut down some on the sodium and the bacon and sausage there is pretty salty.

My rings are a little looser but I can tell I am still retaining some fluid. I did drink quite a bit of water and will try to today too. During the week being on the production line it is pretty difficult to do this.

Hope all the Blitzers are having a wonderful Sunday!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I read something yesterday that makes me think twice about making any more almond butter bread. Nuts contain a toxin called phytic acid that hampers absorption of iron and other minerals. More info here.Another reason you shouldn’t go nuts on nuts

I did have 3 fried eggs at the country club yesterday and ate ground beef the rest of the day. My appetite is back under control at least for the moment!

Hope you all had a good weekend and will have a great Monday!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #298

1 of the 3 "lines" was a catheter, TONY.

i told the LPN, or whatever her job title was, to step outside for a minute, as she might hear language she would not hear in church. Once safely outside, the room. I gave it a good yank, and it was out. Another line was the "dope" line. That was the 2nd to go, the 2nd or 3rd day after the surgery. I do not remember what the 3rd line was exactly, but it was transparent, and what was moving through it, was not pretty to look at. But, they were all out before i was into serious physical & occupational therapy. That was 10 years ago. I am sure things have gotten more advanced since then. Another weekend indoors. I will be going to THE BAKERY after work on Wednesday, as I have errands to get done every night after work this evening, and tomorrow. The USA did splendidly at the Olympics this time around. I do not know what the final tally was, but i believe we had the most gold, and the most total medals than other other participating. Equally & deservedly so, are OUR efforts to get healthier, and become less of ourselves are equal to, if not surpassing the Olympic contenders. Although my efforts are not as evident, to look at me, at least i am not getting worse. I am literally making the effort of my life to restrain my natural impulses to make all the wrong food choices, and to limit those choices to those times when I feel it is most necessary. Well, it is Monday, 6 months and 2 days away from the big day, and perhaps 60 days away from more acceptable( to me)weather patterns. So, as the great one used to say AND AWAY WE GO!!! FF
Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am back, catching up on posts. Tony, your story was inspiring. Oh, you shouldn't need a catheter with surgery. Rarely do they put those in any more due to increased infection risk. Besides, you guys have it easy with urinals. LOL

As for me, off plan the whole trip. Overindulged in carbs, afraid to weigh, same old same old. Won't go in to detail.

My son and I are going to see the president of the US today at a local park right here in River City of all places. Airport like security with parking away from the site and shuttled in.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Today was weigh day and I was disappointed. I only lost 4 ounces.

The "old" me would say to heck with it and blow the eating plan, but I'm not going to do that. That's how I got this big in the first place.

Anyway, 18 pounds in 3 weeks isn't a bad loss and I'm going to celebrate that.

Discouraged but undaunted.....

Welcome back, Vicki!

TTYL
Closed Thread