Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   Gettin Angry For Autumn Challenge!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/775655-gettin-angry-autumn-challenge.html)

MsWoods 06-19-2012 12:39 PM

Gettin Angry For Autumn Challenge!!!

Ok guys, here's the new thread for the new challenge which I guess will be June 20, 2012 (first official day of Summer)-September 22, 2012 (first official day of Fall).

This thread is for anyone that would like to join, but is our new challenge from the Gettin Mad & Gettin It Done For Summer challenge group.

So ladies, post your goals and let's get to it!

Feel free to post your menu's daily and come often for support, and let's lose those lbs for the best season of the year, FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../fall/blk1.gifhttp://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...fall/aut31.gifhttp://i797.photobucket.com/albums/y...3586963f9b.gif

MsWoods 06-19-2012 12:49 PM

Ok, so I don't know what my starting weight is, I will weigh in a week or so, but I think my goal for this challenge will be 186.

lynne2u 06-19-2012 01:02 PM

Oh, I love the animations!!

The mad women of summer are getting angry for autumn...look out.

I'm going to JUDDD for this challenge, I think. Changing my profile now.

Rock on to autumn, ladies!!:sing::sing:

Lynne

P.S. 181 this morning. I'd like to get this stall out of my system soon, I'm very bored of this "decade".

misscobi 06-19-2012 01:08 PM

Love Love Love It!!!

After falling WAY short of my summer goal I'm a little afraid to throw this out there, but I've had it as a goal in ****** for awhile, so what the heck - I plan to be in onederland by my birthday on September 26th. Perfect timing for this challenge. 39 pounds in 3 months or 13 pounds a month... should be doable if I can avoid another gigantic stall! We shall see...

Good luck everyone!!! Looking forward to watching everyone continue to shrink!

btw, not changing my numbers until tomorrow <gg> Hoping to get off at least one more pound to end the summer challenge!

brewstate 06-19-2012 04:58 PM

Yay! I'm looking forward to this. Hanging right around 179 so I'm getting ambitious and making my goal 155 lbs. Watch out weight, you're going DOWN :hyst:

Laila23 06-20-2012 01:11 AM

Yay!!!

Starting at 185, hoping to be 170 by the end. Though I secretly desire 155 but I'll be reasonable.

boop13 06-20-2012 04:09 AM

I am starting at 211.4, and would like to start fall in the 180's, So I will aim for 188! that will be just under 24 lb lost, since my WL has considerably slowed down I think this is reasonable, but will still be a challenge!

MsWoods 06-20-2012 07:05 AM

Lynn-Let me know how you like JUDDD and how it works for you. I've been very interested in it, and I kind of do something similar except not every other day type thing.

Tami-You may say you fell short in the last challenge, however, you lost a lot! And that weight is gone forever. If you would have done nothing, you could be up 10-20lbs instead of down 31lbs! We just gotta keep on truckin. As long as the overall trend is down, that's what matters.

Elise-I think we're all being ambitious and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Laila-:welcome: Come post with us often:shake:

Boop-We're pretty close to the same starting weight and goal weights for this challenge. Makes me feel better that my goal wasn't unreasonable. Let's do this girl!

Everyone that's missing, get your buns in here!

Alrighty, day 4 successfully here. Last night late I was like, I just wanna eat and eat and screw it! Then I had some chicken breast, went to bed, woke up and was thankful I didn't:laugh:

Did 1 hour body combat yesterday and "rip it up tear it" (that's what I call my instructor on Tuesdays cuz he's always yelling "RIP IT UP TEARRRRR IT!!!!!!", when we are working out:hyst:) kicked my butt. I haven't been to his class in probably 3-4 weeks (have been to combat, but not to his specific class). I really thought I was going to keel over. I can't skip his class anymore, it's not good for my living situation, as in I'de like to keep doing that:p

So today, body step at the least for 1 hour.

Food today:
B-coffee, sweet n low packet, butterscotch glucc pudding
L-spinach, zucchini, portobella mushroom, chicken, miracle rice, chipotle laughing cow wedge stir fried.
S-3.5oz tilapia filet, lc tartar
D-5oz chicken breast, miracle rice or noodles, 1.5 cups cole slaw mix stir fried w/1oz FF cream cheese and probably 2tbsp salsa because I have no Rotel.
S-chicken breast or cucumber if needed?

Have a great day everyone!

Happy2be 06-20-2012 07:45 AM

I'm here!!!!! Just thinking about what my goal for this challenge should be!!!! I've been so focused on 199 and now getting to 191 by my birthday in 13 days that I haven't thought past that.... But I will and be back with it. :D

Happy2be 06-20-2012 08:23 AM

Ok so the last challenge was 16 weeks, and I lost 32.8 lbs. This challenge is 13 weeks and my weight loss has slowed down a bit. My average is 2 lbs a week so that would be 26 lbs. But I feel like it might slow to 1lb a week and put me at 13 lbs. So lets say 18lbs for this challenge and put me at 183 by the end of the challenge. :)

I'm officially 201 this morning.

zipp2play 06-20-2012 11:16 AM

I would like to join in on the challenge, I am currently in the 40 day one (which runs through July 4th). My goal for July 4th was 168, I am 5.8 from that. Still thinking it might happen! Do you all allow any WOE in here or only LC?

brewstate 06-20-2012 11:22 AM

:welcome: zipp2play, I'm on the JUDDD forum too and I think I've pulled Lynn to the dark side so the more the merrier I say. I am mostly doing LC JUDDD but I don't begrudge anyone that can get away with eating more carbs than me.

Melanie, I picked a really low goal last time so I don't think I put as much effort into it as I would have otherwise. 18 lbs sounds about right. I'm probably not going to make 24 pounds, but I'm going to try my hardest.

MsWoods 06-20-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 15739676)
I would like to join in on the challenge, I am currently in the 40 day one (which runs through July 4th). My goal for July 4th was 168, I am 5.8 from that. Still thinking it might happen! Do you all allow any WOE in here or only LC?

I sure don't care what your WOE is.:shake:

lynne2u 06-20-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewstate (Post 15739694)
:welcome: zipp2play, I'm on the JUDDD forum too and I think I've pulled Lynn to the dark side so the more the merrier I say. I am mostly doing LC JUDDD but I don't begrudge anyone that can get away with eating more carbs than me.

Mwah-ha-ha!! I've joined the dark side!!:D You and your WOE are welcome here, Zipp. The more the merrier indeed!!

Lynne

P.S. It's in my signature, but I'll make it a post: I'm heading for 150 pounds by Sep. 22. (Come on, JUDDD! Work your dark side magic!!)

misscobi 06-20-2012 12:45 PM

Michelle, thank you. You're right of course. Just imagine if I hadn't have gotten myself stuck for over a month... oh-well.. can't change that... onward we charge! I love love love hearing about your crazy workouts knowing I'd flat out die right there in the gym <gg> Big congrats on getting through day 4! You know it'll start getting easier any minute now! Soooo happy to have you back!

Zipp, welcome! I don't mind hearing about other plans at all. Whatever works for you is my motto & JUDD is obviously working well for you!

Lynne, 150! I have faith in you! You're going to be a tiny little thing come Autumn! How exciting!

zipp2play 06-20-2012 01:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome ladies! If/hoping I make my July 4th goal of 168, I would love, by September 22nd to be at 158. My original overall goal was 164 but would love to get in the 150's. Can honestly say I never got down that far with LC all those years.

So here are my stats for AUTUMN CHALLENGE:

173.8/173.8/158
Goal down 15.8 pounds by 09/22.

zipp2play 06-20-2012 01:40 PM

Can you all introduce yourself to me???

I am a Mom of 2. Son is 13 Daughter is 10. Married for 15 years to the love of my life. I work full time and volunteer at the schools, church and then run my children here there and everywhere! Dh and I started JUDDD (after LCing off and on since 2002) on 04/18/12 and I am down 13.6 pounds and DH is down an amazing 28 pounds in 9 weeks! We both truly LOVE JUDDD!

Bronwyn 06-20-2012 02:08 PM

I found my way!! Standing at 221 again today *sigh*. I'm thinking of a couple of options to possibly speed up the weight process: up the calories, change to another WOE, yet more water...the possibilities are endless but I will not give up!

My goal for the challenge??? I'd still like to see 199. I lost about 17 lbs on the first leg of the challenge, so maybe I'll do about the same for Autumn.

Thanks again, mswoods.

BIG WELCOME TO LAILA & ZIPP!!

misscobi 06-20-2012 02:08 PM

Hi Monica, I'm also a mom of 2, but a few years ahead of you. My oldest son is 20 and away at school. My biggest stress this spring and summer has been that he is likely quitting school, coming home to JC (too late to get into anything else), and then transferring next year. He's wanting to make the decision all on his own and is handling everything fairly well. He's an incredible kid, in one of our country's top schools. I never in my wildest dreams thought he would change his mind about where he's at, but he's a smart kid and will be ok. We all will. Can you tell it's taken me a while to get to this place of acceptance? LOL My younger son is 18, just graduated high school, has no clue what he wants to do and is starting JC in the fall so he can continue to play his chosen sport. Kind of feel like we're on the extended high school plan with this one, but again great kid and we'll all be ok. lol They've always been crazy busy into sports, so the move from taxi driver, over involved, team mom, coach's wife, has been interesting. I retired from my last parent board in Jan. I also have a great dane that I show and try to hang out with the hubby of 24 years as much as possible :)

As for the weight loss journey... was at my wits end and considering WLS when I started low carb in March of 2003. Quickly went from 260 to 180, was too comfortable and let myself slip back to 230. Started again at 230 in 2005ish(?) and by summer of 2006 was at 160 where I stayed for a few years until I completely threw in the towel after a car accident in 2008. Chronic pain, depression, and weight gain seemed to go hand in hand. I ended up on anti-depressants which did help and I was able to get some sleep, start thinking clearly, and start to get my act together. Finally, early this year at my highest weight ever, I knew I had to do this one last time and here I am :)

AsmallerME 06-20-2012 05:45 PM

Hey everyone. Do you mind if I join too? I'm currently doing low carb/Atkins and juddd, but contemplating switching, at least for a week to stillmans.

I'm 31, mom to a 2 year old boy, wife of seven years, and work full time. My first run at Atkins was in 2003. I went from 210 to 172. After that, I resumed my weight gain tendency and gained up to 277. Used Atkins to get to 240 and got pregnant. Went as high as 294 while pregnant. Attempted lady year and saw 244 before quitting. Finally restarted this year at 277. I'm at my lowest weight in over 5 years. Last week I briefly saw 228 right before TOM and vacation. So now I'm 232.

My goal for this challenge is 199. I'd love to see it sooner, but hope to welcome fall in onderland.

heidihoopi 06-20-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsmallerME (Post 15740655)
Hey everyone. Do you mind if I join too? I'm currently doing low carb/Atkins and juddd, but contemplating switching, at least for a week to stillmans.

I'm 31, mom to a 2 year old boy, wife of seven years, and work full time. My first run at Atkins was in 2003. I went from 210 to 172. After that, I resumed my weight gain tendency and gained up to 277. Used Atkins to get to 240 and got pregnant. Went as high as 294 while pregnant. Attempted lady year and saw 244 before quitting. Finally restarted this year at 277. I'm at my lowest weight in over 5 years. Last week I briefly saw 228 right before TOM and vacation. So now I'm 232.
My goal for this challenge is 199. I'd love to see it sooner, but hope to welcome fall in onderland.

Aha! We are at exactly the same weight, someone to challenge me! Woo Hoo! :clap:

misscobi 06-20-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidihoopi (Post 15740767)
Aha! We are at exactly the same weight, someone to challenge me! Woo Hoo! :clap:

And I'm going to catch up to both of you :D

brewstate 06-20-2012 07:18 PM

Looks like we have some healthy competition going on here :D

For anyone that doesn't know me, I've been low carbing for about 4-5 years, with a few pregnancies thrown in for fun :stars: I have 3 kids who are 6, 4, and 1 so definitely a handful. I'm currently a SAHM and my husband of 10 years works for Walmart Corporate so is very rarely ever home :laugh: It definitely makes things interesting. I've pretty much been larger all my life but for my 30th birthday this year I decided to give myself the best present ever and get the weight off once and for all. So I have an ultimate goal of 129.9 pounds on my 31st birthday in January (Oh, and I'm 5'3 which makes me a shortie, hence the lower goal number)

I'm so excited to start another challenge. The last one definitely kept me accountable and I only hope this one can be as successful.

Bronwyn 06-20-2012 08:05 PM

DH managed to uninstall a problem program and the 'virus' disappeared!

Here are my stats for today:
B - 2 cups coffee w/heavy cream and S&L
L - vinegar based BBQ pork ribs, green beans, cabbage; unsweet tea with S&L
D - Grilled chicken sandwich at McD's w/o bun; diet dr. pepper
Water - 1.5 liters
Exercise - 1 hour Callanetics, 12 minutes strength training, 1 hour 'Walk with Joyce'

Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Bronwyn 06-20-2012 08:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I took a new photo today. Hopefully, the photo taken in April will show that I have lost some weight. I wish I was smiling in today's photo but was so focused on trying to get a good shot that I forgot!

Happy2be 06-20-2012 11:03 PM

Hi I am 32, mother to two lovely girls. 5 and 2 on (Friday). I am a SAHM. My husband of 7 years in September is a mechanic and works at a local plant as head mechanic. I have struggled with my weight pretty much all of my life. In 2002, I lost 50 lbs. Life got in the way and I never made it to goal and regained the weight and then some. I tried Atkins again back in 2009 and couldn't stick with it. I finally restarted atkins in January 2012 and have lost 60 lbs. This past challenge helped me and looking forward to this next challenge to get me to my next goal!!!!

misscobi 06-21-2012 05:27 AM

Bron, love the new picture! You can definitely see a difference! Awesome!

I'm down one this morning to 237. Still hoping those 240's are a thing of the past!

brewstate 06-21-2012 05:30 AM

Wow, Bron, you're face is definitely slimming up a lot. I guess that exercise is paying off. You look great!

zipp2play 06-21-2012 05:41 AM

Bron I can certainly tell you've lost weight!

Tami - I can certainly understand your frustration about college. I can only imagine!

Amber - I bet your little one keeps you busy!

Elise - I bet those 3 little ones keep you very very busy!

Melanie - 2 little girls. I am sure you are busy too!

Well today was my weigh in day for the week and I was up 1.4. Not sure what caused it, but moving on. Next week's number will be better, I am sure of it. DH is following JUDDD right with me and he was down another 2 pounds so he has lost 28.8 pounds in 9 weeks! New week! Numbers will be better!

Jayce 06-21-2012 06:21 AM

Hello, y'all...I saw Melanie post that she was in an autumn challenge, so I'd like to join the ranks. :) I am encouraged by the great success you've all had! My goal is to hit 195 by challenge's end: was 213.2 this morning (212.6 yesterday, so up a bit).

I'm 32 (soon to be 33), single, and a supervisor for customer service at a flight school. I've struggled with weight off & on since I was young & have had success at various times with LC. I'm back in this "mentally" & ready to keep progressing. I am fitting into pants I haven't worn since 2006, so that's a great motivator. I want to commit to regular exercise, so I've gotta work on that!

Have a great day. :)