Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hi, everyone...hope you're having a good holiday so far. Bad storms here Fri & Sat, so work was kinda crazy (I work for a flight school). Looking forward to my next few days off! TOM munchies got a hold of me recently, so we'll see what scale says tomorrow.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Happy Birthday Melanie!!
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:59 AM   #213

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Happy birthday girl!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Happy Birthday Melanie!
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #215

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
PS, it's my Birthday today too.
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #216

Well, Happy birthday to HEIDI TOO!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/210/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet

...to Melanie and Heidihoopi. What are the odds we'd have two birthdays back to back??

My water heater went out yesterday, so I've been very distracted by the drama of getting that replaced. Nonetheless, DD went smoothly and delightfully yesterday. (I'm one of the weird ones that enjoys DDs as much as UDs, maybe more.)

Scale said 177 this morning. I've decided to chart my scale bounces for this challenge so I can reassure myself (and hopefully encourage the next generation of JUDDDers) that the trend is down, no matter what the scale says from day to day. I'm a little excel-challenged, so we'll see how that goes...

Misscobi, I hope you're having a great day with DS. Stay strong, sistah!

Have a good day everyone!! Hope your power comes back on soon if you're in an outage, and hope you're all staying cool if you're in heatwave territory!!

Lynne

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
to everyone!!!

Had a great UD yesterday and finished it off with half a bottle of moscato wine since I needed some more calories How awesome is that! I was the exact same weight 2 days in a row so it must have worked. I'm looking for a nice drop tomorrow. I'm finding my hunger has almost completely disappeared as long as I stay LC so I'm happier than I've been in a long time (and yes, I know wine is not LC, but I put it in a category all its own ).

Hope everyone else has a non-productive and safe 4th. There's a burn ban in effect here so no private fireworks for us My son's are NOT pleased
Old 07-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hello Ladies!

Everyone is busy and doing well, I love to read about all the good things going on.

Brewstate, I dunno if we're gonna have fireworks either...monsoon season is apparently trying to make an appearance in the next day or so

Outofseason, on the new numbers!!!!

Lynne, you are doing so well with JUDDD'ing, I love hearing you talk about it!

Tami, I hope everything goes well with your DS. I, like you, will have to "wait out" the 40's as apparently my ole bod refuses to BUDGE! At the same time, some of my clothes are soooo baggy?

Melanie, happy birthday girl! Do it up right, dinner sounds

Heidi, Hope its amazing!

Bronwyn, crossing my fingers for the scale to do its magic for you!

------------------------------------------

Been busy getting ready for my vacation. Leaving in 2 days and those 2 days cannot go by fast enough! I'm ready darnit!!!

Had to buy some clothes...not so fun. I kept having to remind myself that *this* isn't going to last long and take it for what it is and keep moving forward. I figure the positive thinking has to count for something, right? 'Cause the scale sure as heck isn't cooperating with me!

Have a beautiful holiday ladies!!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
The scale is NO friend of mine! At the end of Monday's DD it showed 224. Yesterday was UD and I came in at 2075. Today is DD and it's the 4th of July - that sucks. My constipation problem is back too which may be why the scale is up, despite coconut oil and lots of water. Somehow I have got to get through this!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Happy 4th, everyone...and Happy Birthday to Melanie & Heidi. Looking forward to burgers on the grill later....mmmm. I love this WOE. Lol
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Thank you all for the Birthday wishes!!!!! It was a great day!!!! Got my hair done, went shopping with my mom and my girls. Then had dinner at my parents house. Steak, mushrooms, and angel food birthday cake with cool whip and strawberries!!!! Stayed on plan and saw a new number this morning!!!! WOO HOO!!!! 195.8!!!!!!!

Getting ready to head out for another fun day with family and swimming and fireworks tonight in town!!!! Can't wait. I found a really cute blue tank top to wear. It was on sale at Macy's and I only paid $15 for it!!! Going to bling it up of course with some jewelry.

Happy Birthday Heidi!!! So glad to share my birthday with you!!!! Hope you had a great day as well!!!

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #223

Bronwyn, so sorry the scale isn't being kind to you!! Give it time . How long have you been on JUDDD?
Old 07-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

This is just my second week, zipp, so I need to be patient. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Thank you all for the Birthday wishes!!!!! It was a great day!!!! Got my hair done, went shopping with my mom and my girls. Then had dinner at my parents house. Steak, mushrooms, and angel food birthday cake with cool whip and strawberries!!!! Stayed on plan and saw a new number this morning!!!! WOO HOO!!!! 195.8!!!!!!!
Just wow on so many levels. What a victory!! And a birthday present from your scale, too, how cool is that??

Desertgurl, where are you going on vacation? You probably said and I didn't remember. Have a great time!!

Brewstate, I like your calorie solution - wine. Sounds like something I would do - I always put wine in its own special category, too.

Bronwyn, I'm sorry it's frustrating right now, my dear. On top of it, you're having a July 4 DD (me, too).
Have you gone over to the JUDDD board to send up an SOS about this? I know others will have helpful suggestions we haven't thought of yet.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!!

Lynne
Old 07-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Lynne, going to Montana to visit my BFF. I have never been there and I haven't seen her in probably 10 years!! Looking forward to actually seeing some *green* instead of dirt, cactus, and HOT. Girls week. Should be interesting!!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

lynne - I have subscribed to a couple of JUDDD links and it's hard to keep up! Everyone both here and JUDDD have been so supportive and helpful. Hopefully once the work week is done I can really sit down and read all the posts.

DD finished at 548, which isn't too bad! I ate some sauerkraut with my 1/2 hot dog, so hopefully that will help alleviate my digestive clog! If things work out like I hope, then I will get on the scale in the morning.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Lynne, I was pretty proud of myself and staying on plan and not using my "birthday" as a reason to cheat. In the past I would have for sure.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #229

Well, yesterday I did "maintenance" level DD. I am not quiting over it, I am not giving up over it, I am not "throwing in the towel to restart Monday" I am moving in rotation to my Up day and tomorrow will be a 100% clean DD! This did not/will not derail me. I made a conscious choice. It was NOT a full on binge, I fasted most of the day, had dinner and frozen yogurt after with my family. Living life.

Today was my weigh in day, I was up a bunch last night with my son who could not sleep, I completely forgot to weigh. OH WELL, next week Wednesday I will weigh in as I am supposed to.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rt-2-a-20.html
Old 07-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Well, yesterday I did "maintenance" level DD. I am not quiting over it, I am not giving up over it, I am not "throwing in the towel to restart Monday" I am moving in rotation to my Up day and tomorrow will be a 100% clean DD! This did not/will not derail me. I made a conscious choice. It was NOT a full on binge, I fasted most of the day, had dinner and frozen yogurt after with my family. Living life.

Today was my weigh in day, I was up a bunch last night with my son who could not sleep, I completely forgot to weigh. OH WELL, next week Wednesday I will weigh in as I am supposed to.
See, now that's what I'm talking about. Life wins a few rounds, sometimes...but the winners brush it off, rub some dirt on it, and keep moving. Like so. WTG Zipp!!

Melanie, right on. This time "what you wanted" and "what was good for you" were exactly the same. I've been thinking this is the subtle difference between "losing weight" - maybe temporarily - vs. "becoming thin people" - forever. Now you know you can!!

Bronwyn, "...if things work out like I hope..." Hope you get a minute to breathe here pretty soon. Hang in there! My scale's not being kind to me, either, if it's any consolation.

Desertgurl, that sounds like a great time, and how wonderful to be catching up with an old friend, too!

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day. It was very loud here in Margaritaville, OR, and the local grocery store was a madhouse. Maybe today will be back to normal.

I discovered shiritaki pasta yesterday, which is...okay. I think I like shredded cabbage better.

Scale said 179 this morning. Measurements are the same in the usual measuring spots, too, so that's no help...but on the hopeful side, my skin is starting to look like it's 3 sizes too big.

Lynne
Old 07-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Sorry I been MIA. Work has been crazy. Plus last Friday and Saturday I went off the deep end, with food and alcohol. Party for 1 lol. However Sunday, I just couldn't bring myself to eat, ended up fasting until last night, and had a spinach greek salad, and bless fasting, I'm down to 208! About 0.8lbs above my all time low from last challenge. I figured I would be at like 220. Very happy about it. I'm in it for the long haul right now! Tryin to see that 199.

TOM is on it's way out the door so I can get on this thing. I'm excited. EXCITED. The world is trying to bring me down but I'm so content in my head, I'm trying to push the world away.

Menu today?:
I'm not hungry, IDK.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

MsWoods - good to see you again! I wondered where you were. We're all here for you, so don't be shy to vent if you need to. Sounds like you're back on track.

Posting from work (again) so this is a quick hello to lynne, zipp, and everyone who has been so supportive.

The sauerkraut didn't help but I felt thinner this morning, so I hopped on the scale and it said 221.5 (for the umpteenth time) but at least it's a loss. Like brew said on another post, it was just water weight, so I'm very happy.

Today is UD so probably no weigh tomorrow - just lots of water and trying to keep it low carb! The heat is really getting to me here with my cardio, so I've just really been doing my 12 minute weights and 1 hour Callanetics for now.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
Melanie, right on. This time "what you wanted" and "what was good for you" were exactly the same. I've been thinking this is the subtle difference between "losing weight" - maybe temporarily - vs. "becoming thin people" - forever. Now you know you can!!

Scale said 179 this morning. Measurements are the same in the usual measuring spots, too, so that's no help...but on the hopeful side, my skin is starting to look like it's 3 sizes too big.

Lynne
Lynne Thats what i am starting to realize too. Its such a great feeling to be changing my life and future.

I was up a lb today as well. I'm sure its water. Its been hotter than the dickens here. I drank plenty of water yesterday.

Zipp~ Way to get right back at it!!!

MsWoods~ Sorry to hear about the slip up,but glad that you got right back at it.

Bronwyn~ Thats still alot of exerceising for it being so hot. You are an exercising machine!!!!

Going to ZUMBA tonight!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry for another fly by, guys!!! I really need to get caught up with all of you in the days ahead! Hope you're all doing well!!! I ate off plan yesterday, so am up a little to 238. I'm sure those 3 pounds will be gone in no time and I'm hoping they take some friends with them when they go
Old 07-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #235

It's Friday! WOOHOO! We have 2 softball games tonight and 1 tomorrow morning...then nothing the rest of the day tomorrow. How will we function???

It's a DD, bummer! I have some lovely strawberries and cottage cheese waiting for when I can't wait any longer to eat!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Just a quick drive by for me... Been so very busy! I am .4 away from my 40lb lost mark! down to 206.4 today! My goal is to be down to 195 by August 13 for my bday... here goes!!!
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone! Congrats on the new low Boop!!! Monica I know everyone always says this, but you will miss those busy sports weekends some day

I didn't get on the scale this morning, but stayed on plan yesterday, got in tons of housecleaning/yard work and chugged water...
Old 07-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Quick one for me too.

Down to 206.2 Woot! All time low baby! Skipped right over 207.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: anna_banana
Stats: 170/140.9/120 (5'4")
WOE: Doing my own LC (currently less than 20/day)...
Start Date: July 2012
Hello all, am I too late to join this fab challenge?

My name is Anna, and I've just started LFL - my very first low-carb diet. I've got 45 pounds to lose, starting from 170, and will probably aim to lose 15 by fall.

A quick introduction: I'm 30 years old, single and I've just finished my PhD in archaeology and am looking for jobs (not a good time to graduate, I suppose). I live in Toronto, Ontario at the moment but was away in Oxford, England for the last 6 years for school. Sadly thesis writing has taken a toll on my body and I realized that my defense mechanism for immense amount of stress is eating. And baking.

It seems like everyone on this thread is doing super-well despite July 4th (and Canada Day for us in the North) - awesome! Looking forward to getting to know you guys better!
anna_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome anna banana

And WooHooo Michelle!!! Onderland is just around the corner! You've so got this!!!