Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/219.8/135 5'5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Woo Hoo Boop and Lynn! New decade and new low!!

Today has been a "not eat much day" and stressful to say the least so I really want to reach for food but I'm trying to hold myself off. I keep looking at the clock thinking its later than it is but its not

Anyway, this morning my just turned 4 year old was chewing some gum for about 30 minutes and I noticed it smell weird... anyway, it turned out to be some OLD nicorete from when my MIL was quitting smoking and he had found 3 more bubble packs that he hadn't opened. I looked it up and of course its highly deadly in large amounts and I freaked out. He was rolling around the floor moaning and looked white. Finally he threw up everywhere and started running around normally again. Had him checked out and everything is fine but man oh man I want to eat right now. What does that tell you about emotional eating?

OH WOW!!! Thank God your DS is ok!!!!! My kids get into everything, but usually nothing poisonous.

I only had to clean up 5 pound of cheese and my DS3's poop from all over the house. But nobody was hurt. Except they might have broken my mind .
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
, I am contemplating starting my day that early to workout. It's worth it, no? Something about gettin out of the way with no excuses to derail is what is getting me there. I get too many reasons not to do it and it never happens ]
I love getting it done early, then I don't have to worry about it anymore . With 2 older kids in tons of activities, evenings are not free time for me. I also walk 2 miles at lunch time with my coworker . Bonus miles!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Brew sO glad you son is ok?!?!?
Old 06-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Lynn - Congratulation! 100 pounds is such a wonderful achievement!

Boop - your husband sounds amazing. It's sweet that he celebrated your new decade and doubly sweet that he remembered what you'd need to make a healthy treat.

Mel - I still can't get over you gorgeous new pic.

Elise - that was so scary to read. I can't imagine how you felt. Thank goodness he's ok.

JC - you pretty much nailed your goal! Wtg!

Where's Michelle? Curious how your experiment is going.

So I'll add to the great losses and report that the whoosh fairy visited. I'm down three to 225!! I'm down 10 from a week ago, granted I was pretty carbed up. Overall., I'm down 52 now. Dh is taking me out to a fancy steak house in three weeks to celebrate (our sitter is out of town). I told him we'll be celebrating my 60 pound loss at that dinner.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Amber~ That is awesome and you will definitely be down 10 more at this rate in 3 weeks!!!! You are too sweet!!!

I told DH that for my bday on Tuesday that I want steak, mushrooms and salad and then that angel food cake I made a week ago. I will make the cake, which is fine. That way I know its just like it was last time!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pinewoodmom843
Stats: 196/157/145
WOE: Natural/ LC/Low salt
Start Date: Feb 2010
no welcoming so i will go off on my own.
pinewoodmom843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
Start Date: February 2012
Hard to keep up with everyone!

Lynne, Boop, Happy, JC- Awesome job! It is so nice when will power is rewarded!

I am at 231 today, up a little bit, but I ate terribly yesterday.... I found these prosciutto wrapped mozzarella stick things at Whole Foods, they were amaze balls and I definitely overindulged. Then I got home late and snacked on pepperoni and pepper jack cheese instead of making dinner. So needless to say, my sodium intake was probably off the charts.

Met a girlfriend for lunch and saw Magic Mike this afternoon. I wondered if leaving kids at home and seeing a matinee about male strippers made us pervy mommies, but the theatre was packed full of us, so I felt better.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Last edited by outofseason; 06-29-2012 at 08:08 PM..
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofseason View Post
Hard to keep up with everyone!

Lynne, Boop, Happy, JC- Awesome job! It is so nice when will power is rewarded!

I am at 231 today, up a little bit, but I ate terribly yesterday.... I found these prosciutto wrapped mozzarella stick things at Whole Foods, they were amaze balls and I definitely overindulged. Then I got home late and snacked on pepperoni and pepper jack cheese instead of making dinner. So needless to say, my sodium intake was probably off the charts.

Met a girlfriend for lunch and saw Magic Mike this afternoon. I wondered if leaving kids at home and seeing a matinee about male strippers made us Percy mommies, but the theatre was packed full of us, so I felt better.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
HA!! Guess I get to go be one tonight!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/219.8/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
I almost had a close encounter with the carb monster today. I had a really trying day. I'll whine about in on my journal, but sufficed to say I almost ordered pizza because my oven stopped working. Of course I did not know it would not work until I placed my pan of frozen chicken inside and tried to start it.

But, thank God, hubby got the oven to work when he got home and I had a low carb dinner.

I was sooooooooo close!
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinewoodmom843 View Post
Pinewoodmom! Sometimes the board moves so fast its hard to keep up with new members coming in. Just jump in and join us.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys! The DS is fine this morning but is my most sneaky child and always has been. Sometimes I don't know what to do with him. We've had to tape our child locks to the knobs because he was wacking them with toys to get them off

Oh my girlfriend wants me to go see magic mike with her but I'm not so sure. I went to a chipendale's once and was MISERABLE. I don't know if can stand the flashbacks

Asmallerme that is a lot of weight lost! You are doing awesome!

Bring it on Melanie, I'm always up for a good challenger

JC-- Stay strong. I know how important planning is on LC and when life throws us a loop its hard to stay on plan. WTG

TOM is kicking my butt this month. It has been going on for 5-6 days strait now and my weight is the same it was 2 weeks ago. I know if I can drop the water weight I'll see a new low, but grrrr (I'm still mad and getting it done in autumn too )

Last edited by brewstate; 06-30-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Old 06-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #192
Blabbermouth!!!

Elise - so glad he's okay this morn. Our boys sound like polar opposites. Ds is super tall and 2.5 and has yet to try to climb out of his crib. He doesn't try to do anything. He's the most mild, relaxed kid ever. Everyone says that my next one would make up for this and be the opposite. One of the few reasons I'm happy we are done I guess!

Pine - just jump in and post. I didn't see your first post. It's so fast here that a lot of things get missed or don't het a response. I respond to maybe 40% of what I read, just not possible to acknowledge everyone every time.

So, I'm down another pound. 53 gone forever.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Amber, my son sounds just like yours. My youngest on the other hand ....... she was the work of about 3! My first 2 were mellow and my 3rd was total opposite. She'll be 16 next month and she makes me laugh hysterically every day, she's somethin else.

Elise, so glad ds is doing fine today! TOM is kickin my butt too Hope you feel better! I saw a Chipendale show when I was 21. Holy moly! Magic Mike was fun.

Pinewoodmom, jump in hon! So many people here it gets hard to post to everything. Hope to see you around!

Scale down again a pound, so still up half a pound from low... TOM is being mean to me! I feel ugh! Just thankful that I don't have to travel this week with this thing!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Amber, my son sounds just like yours. My youngest on the other hand ....... she was the work of about 3! My first 2 were mellow and my 3rd was total opposite. She'll be 16 next month and she makes me laugh hysterically every day, she's somethin else.
Did I mention this is DS#2. My first is just as you describe AsmallerMe... He was 3 before he left his crib and is still cautious and my biggest helper. DS2 and baby girl #3 are going to make me bald before my time. I can't wait until they are 16 (if I live that long )

Last edited by brewstate; 06-30-2012 at 10:25 AM..
Old 06-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Yesterday was DD and ate exactly 499 calories! Scale said 222.5 this morning...grrr
Hang in there, Bronwyn, how frustrating. It took me a good minute to get the weight loss going at first, too. I was fixing to give up about 5 days in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
New Decade!!! 209.4 today!
Btw forgot to tell u last night in my post, that my hubby came home yesterday with a giftbag for me, I read the card and it is to congratulate me on my 35lb lost... In the giftbag was a bag of shredded broccoli and a jar of mayo so I could make my broccolislaw, he said he knew I wouldn't eat chocolates, and I already have flowers in the house.
Aw, that's really sweet! Your DH should give out husbanding lessons, he's a pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
I've been living with sub flooring in my kitchen, dining room, living room, and hallway for over a month. I had a fight with the carpet on my stairs and I won, so there is no carpet there either. A couple weeks ago my DS3 pooped on the stairs, then as soon as I got that cleaned up the dog pooped on the stairs. I got a pick ax out of the garage (I'm such a girl, I thought it was called a sledge hammer ) and pried up all the carpet on the stairs and tossed it all on the front porch. That felt soooo good.

My house has been in a state of remodel for so long, getting floors will rock. The floor in the hallway has actually been sub flooring for well over a year!
...wow. Poor thing, so much poop. I think the pick ax sounds like a pretty good idea - sounds like it worked! Hope the flooring project goes smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Anyway, this morning my just turned 4 year old was chewing some gum for about 30 minutes and I noticed it smell weird... anyway, it turned out to be some OLD nicorete from when my MIL was quitting smoking and he had found 3 more bubble packs that he hadn't opened. I looked it up and of course its highly deadly in large amounts and I freaked out. He was rolling around the floor moaning and looked white. Finally he threw up everywhere and started running around normally again. Had him checked out and everything is fine but man oh man I want to eat right now. What does that tell you about emotional eating?
OMG, I'm freaking out just reading it. I'm glad he's okay. And I really, really hear you about the "using food for emotional reasons" thing. Me too.

Your new avatar is awesome, btw. You are looking SKINNAY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
I only had to clean up 5 pound of cheese and my DS3's poop from all over the house. But nobody was hurt. Except they might have broken my mind .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinewoodmom843 View Post

We didn't mean to forget you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofseason View Post
Met a girlfriend for lunch and saw Magic Mike this afternoon. I wondered if leaving kids at home and seeing a matinee about male strippers made us pervy mommies, but the theatre was packed full of us, so I felt better.
Pervy mommies...sounds like my kinda matinee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
So, I'm down another pound. 53 gone forever.
That is so awesome. Good on ya!!

Thank you all my well-wishers!!

I might not check in tomorrow morning, I'll be on the road all day. See you for sure Monday.

For those in heat-wave land...stay safe.

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

JC way to stick with it even when stressed.

Amber way to go on the scale !!!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Melanie - sounds like a perfect Bday dinner.

Pinewood- it gets busy in here, sorry you feel you were overlooked .
Old 07-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

Out - so was the movie really good or just drool-worthy??
Old 07-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is having a great sunday and looking forward to the holiday break this week. TOM is finally letting me off for good behavior and I was down 2 lbs to 177 this morning. Yay! I would really like to speed through the 170's faster than I did the 180's.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
Start Date: February 2012
229.6!!

OMG! Y'all, I feel like I have been in the 230s FOREVER! I was so excited when I saw the scale this morning. I really hope the 220s don't last quite as long...I also hope that it gets a little cooler sometime soon so I can get back to my run/walk. I need it, mentally and physically.

Zipp- I didn't think the movie was great, but I would def see it again...Def drool worthy!

Brew-Congrats on the loss!

Happy Sunday!

Last edited by outofseason; 07-01-2012 at 07:48 AM..
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Out - Congrats on the 220s!!!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
This challenge is really hopping right now!

Trying to still work on JUDDD, but this time it's mother nature that's being uncooperative.

We had a very bad storm this afternoon, which left us with some broken windows and missing gutters. The power was out for about 3 hours, so no crablegs and steak tonight! After the power came on we went to McD's and right now my calories stand at 1668, which is about 300 calories short of what I am supposed to have. I'm off in search of additional food in the cupboard, though I do not like eating this late at night.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Out - way to go!!!!!!!

Elise - how awesome is that???

Bronwyn - Did you get in your calories?

Had an OUT DOOR weekend here. My DD had 3 games on Saturday and 3 games yesterday! Holy HOT weekend. Saturday was a DD and I ate a large salad for lunch and then nothing till it was time to go home but I got my calories in. Yesterday I ate a large breakfast and then just lunch meat/string cheese and strawberries during the games. It was so hot. After the championship game (they came in 2nd place) DD and I headed to Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt YUMMY! Then got home at 7:30 and had some dinner. Not a perfect UD, but really good considering the 103* temps I was sitting in all day!

How was everyone else's weekend???

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Melanie - sounds like a perfect Bday dinner.

Planning ahead to stay on plan. Originally I was thinking I would go off, but why would I???? I love steak and mushrooms and really love the lc cake that I made a week ago. I'm not missing anything!!!! I would much rather keep on losing than eat something just to eat it because I think I want it and then gain a few pounds.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Planning ahead to stay on plan. Originally I was thinking I would go off, but why would I???? I love steak and mushrooms and really love the lc cake that I made a week ago. I'm not missing anything!!!! I would much rather keep on losing than eat something just to eat it because I think I want it and then gain a few pounds.
Wow, what a winning mindset I had a good weekend but I'm retaining water like crazy so the scale is not being nice today. Same weight as I was yesterday after an UD so not really happy about that but I will soldier on and try to increase my water intake today.

Hope everyone else is having as happy a monday as possible, at least its a short week!

Congrats on getting to a new decade outofseason, always so fun!

Sorry bronwyn, sounds rough, but seems like you hung in there nicely.

Zip, what a busy weekend. I confess it sounds fun, I hunkered down in my AC this weekend because I was too tired to drag 3 kids out in the 105 degree temps.

Last edited by brewstate; 07-02-2012 at 08:09 AM..
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Thats how I feel now..... Lets see how I feel on my bday.

All kidding aside, I do feel pretty good and love the results I see so why go off plan right???

I'm retaining water too. I think its all the sun, so will chug a lug today. Hopefully we will see a change tomorrow after drinking more water Elise!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

I'm still here, just not posting much.

zipp, I did not get in the rest of the calories. Before I went on my search to find more to eat, I saw down in the recliner for a minute, and that's all she wrote - fell fast asleep.

So far today, I've had 226 calories, so whatever we eat tonight I can hopefully plan successfully.

brew - I really like your new avatar photo!

Between power outages and DH now hogging the iPad (which he says he bought for ME!) I don't have much opportunity to read and respond. I'm very happy to see so many new faces!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

OH Melanie, I completely agree. Stay to it girl, then it truly WILL be a Happy Birthday!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
WOW! You guys have been busy!!! Sorry, I've just barely scanned through the posts. Elise, so glad your son is ok!!! My boys follow the easy first kiddo, oh so different second kiddo theory, too. My guys are only 18 months apart and when my youngest was 18 months it dawned on me that there was no way in hades I could have handled another baby with him that age if he had been my first! lol Thank God my first was so easy and so helpful!

Hope everyone's doing well weightwise. I'm just off of TOM and the scale did not reward me with it's customary post TOM whoosh. What's up with that??!?? Totally not cool! So I'm sitting steady at 235. If it takes me a month to get out of the 230's like it did the 240's so be it, I guess.

DS (the easy one hahaha) will be home tomorrow morning. Definitely bittersweet, but haven't seen him since Christmas so I am looking forward to it in a way. Let's hope he gets this figured out and continues to be the easy one. lol
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Logging in from my iPhone. I had 411 calories today and hoping for the scale to move soon!