Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Asmallerme - thank you for the information!

We had a bad thunderstorm last night so I didn't get online. I'm typing at work now.

Yesterday was my first JUDDD day and I chose up - I had about 2000 calories.
Today is DD and so far I've had 282 because it was a vegetable plate lunch of stewed cabbage, stewed summer squash, and rutabagas. I didn't eat but half of every vegetable.

We'll see what happens.

Sorry that you were having a tough time, cobi. I hope things will be better for you soon - I'm sure TOM is exacerbating the problem! Nothing worse than feeling both physically and emotionally distressed.

Gotta go...
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
so far I've had 282 because it was a vegetable plate lunch of stewed cabbage, stewed summer squash, and rutabagas. I didn't eat but half of every vegetable.
I give up, how did you get 282 calories out of those vegetables? I'm envisioning a fork and a wheelbarrow full of produce.
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
I give up, how did you get 282 calories out of those vegetables? I'm envisioning a fork and a wheelbarrow full of produce.

THANK YOU ladies for your support The scale FINALLY DID move this morning!!!!!!!!! It was only half a pound, but it's still mine! The scale is moving I'm a happy girl.

I found out yesterday (thank you Amber ) that I'm not eating enough. Such a weird and strange concept to wrap my head around but I'll get it figured out! I'm excited to see what I can accomplish with some added foods.

misscobi, just want to send you some I don't know what's happened but I have kids too and I can relate to just wanting the best for them and worrying. My son will be 20 in November and I still struggle with letting him go and make decisions. I have to remind myself and have faith that we've taught him right and everything will be as it should. TOM certainly doesn't help things. I really wish I could get rid of that blasted thing and show it where it can go.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
THANK YOU ladies for your support The scale FINALLY DID move this morning!!!!!!!!! It was only half a pound, but it's still mine! The scale is moving I'm a happy girl.

So glad that scale moved for you!!!

Thank you all for the support about DS. I really appreciate it more than you'll ever know
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

lynne - it's fuzzy math!

The servings were pretty big and I figured about a cup of each. The calorie content was provided by an online calorie site. I thought it was a bit low, and that may explain why I have a bit of a headache. I also had coffee with 1 tbls of heavy cream this morning and that was added to my total as well.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I'm so proud of everyone! look at this huge bunch of people. I just got back from my parents but stayed on plan the whole time. I did just eat a huge amount of salty food at a chinese restaurant and its TOM so I don't really care what I weigh right now. I figure that out in a week or so when things finally get back to normal.

Bronwyn, I'm so excited you are going to try JUDDD. It is really working wonders with me. I have a feeling I'm going to be 176 or so when TOM is done which is awesome weight loss for me personally. Sounds like you are doing a great job. In the beginning make sure to really utilize the online calcuators etc and get a really close number on your foods (I tend to overestimate so I don't miss too many calories). My biggest success has been from following the advice of respect your numbers. Try to get as close to those "recommended" calculator numbers as you can, not too much under or over on either down day or up day (and its FUN to eat all those calories and tell yourself you must or you won't lose weight ). If you follow the "rules" the weight usually falls right off.

Michelle, come on over. You really don't have to do non-low carb JUDDD. I have added back a treat here and there and it doesn't affect my weight but I still appreciate the health benefits of LC too much to ever abandon it but it is nice knowing that if I eat one bit of popcorn or an apple (healthy carbs), I'm not going to pay with a 2 lb weight gain the next day. Its such an awesome addition to ANY way of eating that I can't help but speak highly of it.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-26-2012 at 06:47 PM..
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: boop13
Stats: 246/179.4/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: restarted Feb 23/12
Wow! I can't believe how busy this challenge is! I wasn't around all weekend, and have been super crazy@workk so haven't been able to post, I sure have missed a lot! Sounds like everyone is doing great!
Me, I had a wedding on the weekend, I will spare the details but it involved pasta, rice, rolls, and too much to drink. So needless to say, I am up a couple pounds. So I am re-losing which sucks but I did it to myself! But did gym for an hour. 45min class and 15min on the treadmill. I'm back on track!

End of the World challenge 191.8/179.4/174

Getting Angry for Autumn Challenge 211.4/192.4/191.8
boop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by boop13 View Post
Wow! I can't believe how busy this challenge is! I wasn't around all weekend, and have been super crazy@workk so haven't been able to post, I sure have missed a lot! Sounds like everyone is doing great!
Me, I had a wedding on the weekend, I will spare the details but it involved pasta, rice, rolls, and too much to drink. So needless to say, I am up a couple pounds. So I am re-losing which sucks but I did it to myself! But did gym for an hour. 45min class and 15min on the treadmill. I'm back on track!
I totally feel u on that! I went to a wedding two weekends ago and did some serious LCD sabotage. Way too many drinks followed by a latenight binge that may have included Doritos and a bag of cake balls. Needless to say I paid for that all last week...

Today I weighed in at.....231.8! So so excited, so close to the 220s! I had a great food day, and two great exercise days in a row! Tonight, I did a four mile walk/jog combo, and I felt fantastic!

I just want to say, I am really happy I found this challenge! You ladies are awesome and super motivating!

Good night!
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: samanthaleaann
Stats: 180/145/130
WOE: atkins
Start Date: sept 2006
Just got married... Ready for a change... Need to lose the twenty pounds that I didn't lose before my wedding day! Starting the Autumn challenge right now!! I am 27 and have two girls ages 7 and 8. Really needing to drop some weight so that I have more emery for my kids and my new hubby!!!

Last edited by samanthaleaann; 06-26-2012 at 09:38 PM..
samanthaleaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Wow!

I did not check out here for a few days and I am lost in how fast this thread is moving!

I'm still paying for Saturday night's carbing out. Down to 248.2, same as 4 days ago. I'm having some cramps, so I'm hoping that I have some water weight and my real weight is lower.

I did not feel like eating much today. I only ended up with 750 calories and 12 net carbs.

I worked out for 60 minutes on my elliptical today. Yesterday I did a whopping 2 hours on my elliptical. Maybe that's why I'm so tired today. I am just wiped! I was just guessing that it was because I ran out of my thyroid meds. I even took a nap today. Thankfully, DH stopped by costco and picked up more meds for me. I don't want to take another day off of exercise. I already took of Sunday from exercise.

See ya'll tomorrow! You are all doing so great.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 8/18/14
This thread is hopping!

I'm down another two this morning to 229. I'm saying goodbye to the 30s forever today. just one more pesky pound to relose.

Michelle - good luck with your experiment. Hoping you'll find that you can eat more carbs and cals and lose. And if not, vlc is always here. I'm doing it now and it kinda sucks!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #132
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Browyn - how did your first DD end up going???? For me they were really tough in the beginning. I actually ate 700c in the beginning! I agree with Lynne how are you getting 200+ on veggies?

Danielle - way to go! How awesome!

Tami - how are you feeling today?

Elise - so, how was your trip????

Boop - dust off the crumbs and move on girl! Great to have you back!

Samantha - girl!

JCwannabe - WOW you are putting in some workout time!

Amber - way to go girl! BYE BYE to the 230's!

Today was my weekly weigh in day, I was down 3 pounds! WOOHOO! I was so pleased. I am down a total of 16.6 in the 10 weeks of JUDDDing. DH is down 31 pounds. LOVE it! Still hoping for Sept 2012 goal of 155!

Monica -Come see my journey!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/207/140
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet/JUDDD/no sugar
Good morning, all!!

Danielle, I hear you about "not eating enough". Sounds weird, but true. Also found that for me not eating enough carbs slowed me down eventually. I guess there's a "just right" for everyone.

Bronwyn, I get it now. The vegetables sound delicious, at any rate! Maybe rutabagas have more calories than I thought. I don't eat them often.

Brewstate, isn't it nice not to worry about whether or not last week's splurge is going to set us back? That's my favorite part of JUDDD: the total freedom from food-related worries. The total lack of stress really shines through in your post.

Boop, what is it about weddings?? I swear, they do that to all of us. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Jcwannabe, outofseason, You all are really hitting the exercise!! Makes me feel like getting up and dancing right now!!

asmallerme, congratulations on the new decade! I always want to celebrate when I get across the big zero divide.

Samanthaleaann, you've come to the right place. Hop on in!

Lynne

P.S. Scale says 178 this morning. Because I will break it up into little bitty pieces with a sledgehammer if it says anything over 180 ever again. (Ever.)

Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. Hopefully.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.

Last edited by lynne2u; 06-27-2012 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: forgot someone
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

I'm back to my computer full time today so I can post more. Yay

Zipp2play, 3 lbs in a week, wow! That is awesome weight loss and your husband's is even more impressive. I have to ask does he tightly count his Up days or not?

Amber congratuations on moving out of the 30's! May we never see them again.

Boop, weddings are hard just get back on that low carb horse and ride

Lynne way to banish those 180's forever! I'm happy to see them go too, I feel like I was in them FOREVER!

So I was brave enough to weigh this morning considering I really tore into some Chinese food last night and completely passed my alloted calories and its also day 2 of TOM I was not hopeful but I was 179 this morning so not bad at all I say.

I'm sure I missed someone but I'm just flying by right now. I'll have to back track to catch everyone I didn't see next time.

Last edited by brewstate; 06-27-2012 at 07:21 AM..
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstate View Post
Zipp2play, 3 lbs in a week, wow! That is awesome weight loss and your husband's is even more impressive. I have to ask does he tightly count his Up days or not?
He counts it and I think he eats up to 2200-2400 calories. Counting is easy for us as I count everything and we typically eat the same things. Well, not on DD's. If he is low, he has a drink in the evening. That is the main reason this plan has worked well for him. He enjoys an adult beverage and having the flexibility of fitting it in has made all the difference to him!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Morning Ladies!

Had horrible horrible sleep last night, so needless to say I am dragging this morning.

Monica, on those 3 pounds! I'm impressed that your dh is doing so well too! Mine is doing lc with me and doing super well. Makes it easier to do this when there's extra support, huh? Good job, both of you!

Lynne, Yeah right now I think I'm struggling to find that "just right" button. Trying not to let frustration enter the picture, but I'm afraid at some point ya'll may have to talk me down off a ledge.

I am so loving this group, you all are amazing!!

Have a beautiful day ladies!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofseason View Post
Today I weighed in at.....231.8! So so excited, so close to the 220s! I had a great food day, and two great exercise days in a row! Tonight, I did a four mile walk/jog combo, and I felt fantastic!
You're kicking my butt! I love it! Ok, that sounds weird, but whatever! lol I didn't weigh this morning, figured really no point on day 2 of TOM, but maybe I'll be rewarded with a little woosh to help me catch up in a day or two

samanthaleaann!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmallerME View Post
I'm down another two this morning to 229. I'm saying goodbye to the 30s forever today. just one more pesky pound to relose.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami - how are you feeling today?
Thanks so much for asking. Doing ok... kiddo is in Colorado Springs, so I've been on fire/evacuation watch, but they seem well prepared and relatively safe. He is packed and ready to evacuate if need be, knows who he's riding with and where he's headed if it comes down to that. It's always something, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Today was my weekly weigh in day, I was down 3 pounds! WOOHOO! I was so pleased. I am down a total of 16.6 in the 10 weeks of JUDDDing. DH is down 31 pounds. LOVE it! Still hoping for Sept 2012 goal of 155!
Nice! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
P.S. Scale says 178 this morning. Because I will break it up into little bitty pieces with a sledgehammer if it says anything over 180 ever again. (Ever.)
Love it, Lynne!

Nice job, Elise! I would take 179!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello gang!!! I'm back at 199.2 after my weekend carb overage. Looking forward to seeing new numbers this week.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/223/213 Goal# 1
WOE: Food logging, reduced carb
Do we have "weigh in" day on this thread? I can't remember and my brain is friggin' fried today...LOL. I woke up with a headache that's progressively getting worse (sinus crap). Anyways, I'm 212.8 today...

Hope everyone's having a good week thus far!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Great Job Melanie! I know you're happy2be back in onderland!!! hehe

Jayce, we haven't in the past. I think most of us are OCD daily weighers Hope you feel better soon! sinus headaches are aweful!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
That is for sure!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #142

I only weigh in once a week. Wed or Thurs and only after a Down day on JUDDD!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
6-1: 256.6 (officially 20 pounds lost since april 18th! 6 weeks and 2 days!!!!) TOM
6-2: 257.2 TOM
6-3: 258.4 Still not worrying, it's just taking more work to not worry! TOM
6-4: 258.4 (sorry, I forgot to put that in here yesterday ) TOM
6-5: 256.8 (encouraging since my water % went up to 40.1, so I gained water but lost weight! ) TOM, maybe ending
6-6: 255.6 Yes! And TOM finally over My water weight is still at 40.1
6-7: 254.4 Goal here I come! Water weight up to 40.2%!
6-8: 253.8 BEAT MY GOAL OF 254.0! Still have 40.2% water!
9-9: 252.2 REALLY ! PRAISE GOD! And my water weight is up to 40.3% (wet hair?)
6-10: 253.8 Well, ok....
6-11: 253.2 (bouncing between .0-.4) Every pound gained is water weight!
6-12: 253.4 Every pound gained is water weight!
6-13: 254.8 Every pound gained is water weight!
6-14: 251.6 YES!
6-15: 252.2 Oh the drama of it all! Oh, and TOM is back
6-16: 250.6 Almost to the 240's TOM? really light, weird.
6-17: 252.6
6-18: 250.6
6-19: 249.6 NEW DECADE!
6-20: 249.8 I don't care if I gained, I'm still under 250!
6-21: 249.2 Going the right way.
6-22: 248.2
6-23: 249.8 I think I've got some water retention, plus it is a "pre potty" weight if you know what I mean .
6-24: 248.0 Went off the wagon on the 23rd
6-25: 250.4 Still gaining from Saturday but motivated!
6-26: 248.2
6-27: 245.4 Holy drive by woosh fairy batman!

The woosh fair finally came today! I think that I am starting to see some before breakfast workout progress. Exercising before breakfast seems to be working out pretty well for me. Yesterday I was pretty tired, but I'm feeling more zippy today. Not that you would be able to tell with my sink full of dishes being dutifully ignored because I do not want to get off my butt at the moment .

I did my 60 minutes on my elliptical this morning and then had a protein drink after a good long while of stretching. I may just see my 244.4 goal on Friday yet!

I was looking at the calander, where I write down my weight and exercise completed each day, and I realized that I have lost 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks! I hope I can keep this up!
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #144

JC - it looks like you are well on your way!!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #145

It's a DD for me! I am chugging the water to stave off the tummy growling! My plan for today is:

B (mid morning) 2 eggs 140c
L - strawberries/cottage cheese 125c
D - lettuce, grilled veggies, cheese 176c

441c total! I will probably have some strawberries at VBS tonight.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everybody!

I'm still having a hard time getting online at home, so logging in quickly here from work. Unable to reply to all the messages but thank you to everyone asking about my JUDD experiences.

Monday - up = 1683 (didn't make the recommended 2014)
Tuesday - down = 403 (on the nose somehow!)
Wednesday - up = 1934

I need to tweek this a bit more to get my calories adjusted but still eat good food and not carbage (as lynne says!)

Have a great day and sorry I can't respond as I'd like - office policy about internet usage.

Still holding at 220 BTW
Old 06-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Nice job ladies!!! JC so glad the woosh fairy paid you a visit!!! Love it!!!

I forgot to weigh today... hmmm... that is so not like me! Already sipping coffee so will wait til tomorrow
Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone! I hope the day is treating you well. So excited its almost FRIDAY!!!!

JC what an amazing woosh! I may have to start exercising before breakfast. Its 100 here most days so going outside after 10 harsh!

Bron, your menu looks good, make sure to keep your up days up as well and I'm sure you will soon see results. Also you can go to 500 on your down days if you need to, a lot of people do and see good results.

Still hanging in there today. I hate to weigh as I know its wrong but was 178 this morning so better than it has been. My size 14 pants are getting on the loose side so that's more important right now.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #149

Yes Elise, I have notice that getting in all the Up Day calories is truly the key. Now I use a range that allows for some flexibility, but the minimum I always do! Getting in calories, never has been an issue for me!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #150

Struggling today! If we actually KEPT food here at the office, it would be BAD! Thankfully, I really only have veggies as options!