Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Thank you, Lynne. I have been on several of the pages for JUDDD, and found that brewstate had posted there as well. I just never noticed what kinds of eating programs everyone has been following.

If I do begin the plan, I hope to keep is low carb because I am Type 2 diabetic and my doctor really pushes a low carb WOE!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Bronwyn - I juddd'ed from feb 25 until a few weeks ago. I love it and am just taking a break. It got tiring to constantly count calories. I figure i'll return to it in a week or two. Basically I didn't change a thing that I was eating with Atkins. On DDs, I drank coffee w/ half and half, vs cream, and ate one small lc meal. On uds, I used cream and ate my fav lc meals. My numbers are 500/2000. Most of the people who juddd eat mod to high carb, but I need to low carb. Otherwise, I cannot eat reasonably and stick to those calorie requirements. The most important thing with juddd is to rotate UD/DD/UD perfectly. People get in trouble when they try medium days or switch around too much.

Today was day two for stillmans and so far so good. I feel slightly like a chicken. I'm up 6 from sig weight so really hope to get back there before returning to reg lc or juddd.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: valentine21463
Stats: 192/183/140 (5'4")
Start Date: 5/27/12 (This time for real!)
183! woooohooo! I'm down 3lbs this week!! And today I walked 2 miles.

BREAKFAST: coffee w/HC, mini-quiche.

LUNCH: 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower, pork chop.

DINNER: sm salad w/veggies and Ranch Dressing (dry mix), chicken breast, 1/2 cup cooked broccoli, Mio water.

SNACKS: coffee w/HWC. pork rinds w/Franks Red hot, Almonds.

Totals: 1,695 (CAL) 26 (CARBS) 5 (FIBER) = 21 NET CARBS

Last edited by valentine21463; 06-24-2012 at 07:04 PM..
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: honeybunch133
Stats: 140-140/140/120
WOE: sugar free challenge, low carbing
Start Date: June 24th 2012
WOOOT SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!!! THE SUGAR NO CHALLENGE My goal by fall is to drop twenty pounds. just today i started a challenge called the no sugar challenge, no added sugar for one month! Natural sugars is okay but omit honey because comooon its natural but its sugar. Today was definetely a challenge as I have cake in the house for my family but i couldn't touch it first couple of days is the hardest but its worth it for that hot autumn loook!!!!!
honeybunch133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Get ready ladies!!!!! I am kicking it into high gear tomorrow!!!!! I'm really going to try to do a strict 2 week induction. I have been letting things slide way too much this past week.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

You can do it Mel!

Wtg Valentine!!

Dropped two this morning. Just four more until I'm back at sig weight. Re-losing is the worst part mentally for me.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
WOW everyone is doing so well! WAY TO GO LADIES!!!!!!!!

It's Monday! We have VBS every night this week. It will make eating/planning difficult, but we will make it work!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Well done ladies!!! Amber, I hear you about re-losing! It really is the worst!

I'm down 3 total this week, hitting 235. When I *finally* got to 239 I really expected to bounce back up into the 240's where I was stuck so long, but thankfully my body has decided we can move forward again! I used to have a set point around 224... hopefully that's looooong gone! lol
misscobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Im here! I got soooo sick Friday. I think I got food poisoning. So all weekend all I could stomach was peanuts and almond meal bread. I was up to 215.8 but am back down to 213.4 this morning.

You all are doing great. I'm so glad this thread is so active.

Menu today, which I will probably revise later, I have to go to the hospital with my mom this afternoon so she can get a cat scan with that dye stuff to check a lung nodule, aaaaaaaaaaanyhoo lol, depends on how all that goes.

B-coffee, sweet n low packet, lemon glucc pudding
L-IDK, I have a frozen GV chicken breast patty in the work freezer, or a tilapia fillet
S-Literategriffins protein bar?
D-I has no clue. Something with shirtake? Maybe Hormel pork roast over miracle rice.
S-coconut oil/peanut butter/chocolate cup
Old 06-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

My menu today is: JUDDD *up day*

B - 2 eggs, OMM, cheese 394c
L - pasta salad, peaches 483c
D - Tuna salad ??? 250c
S - protein granola bar 190c

I have 634 calories, something will be added to dinner, possibly chips. Not sure!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Day one back on induction.

So far:
B: atkins shake

Not sure about the rest of the day. I need to get it figured out though.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Everyone is doing so well, I love it!

Was not feeling good yesterday at all, somethin funky with my tummy.. Today is a bit better, but I can't lay around another day I'm going nutso!

Decided to weigh this morning (it's been 2 weeks)... saw a new low 242.5....only down .5 of a pound...couldn't get it to show 3x tho so I guess I'm STILLLLLL the same weight! Grrr!!! Really????????????? Yup, now I know why I don't like the scale!

Have a beautiful day ladies!!!!

Michelle, glad you're feeling better today! And P.S. Your weightloss is truly inspiring!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Bron I'm at my parents right now for a week and am on my phone so I can't type out a novel but I do love JUDDD. I mostly low Carb it but have had a few treats. Read the forum and if you have any questions ill try to answer them. No scale either so hopefully new low.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Danielle - sorry about the scale! DARN IT
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Danielle - sorry about the scale! DARN IT
Thanks Monica. Seriously, just p.o'd now and determined more than ever to keep going and figure out how to get that stupid thing to give me new numbers once and for all. When scale first stopped moving down my clothing was fitting better..nothing more has changed in the last 3 weeks so getting irritated. "Something" has to change soon! Until then, I keep on truckin!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: outofseason
Stats: 278/217.2/155
Start Date: February 2012
232.8 again... On the brightside, I didn't gain any. It looks like everyone is doing great! Maybe because it is too darn hot to eat?? My son begged to order Chinese tonight, and since I had a pretty busy day at work and have nothing planned, I gave in. Ordered Egg Drop Soup and splitting Moo Goo Gai Pan with husband. What does everyone order from Chinese?
Hope everyone had a good Monday... I am thinking 1 down, 4 to go.

Have a fantastic night!

Leslie
outofseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Outofseason - I think you ordered great. I do egg drop soup and then meat of choice since it's a once per year treat when we vacation. We strangely have no good Chinese places here.

Danielle - I'm sorry.

Michelle - I'm sorry you got sick. Food poisoning is the worst. You always make me want to try shirtake with your menus. One day I'll be brave.

Did well today. Ate turkey, grilled chxn, and hb eggs.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

How is everyone today??? It's a JUDDD Down day for me! So far, I am chugging the water!

Food plan:
B - string cheese 180c
L - cottage cheese, strawberries 110
D - salad with fixings 194c

Yesterday I nibbled a bit more than I should. I think my end calories were about 70c over. Not bad
Old 06-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone! Danielle, hang in there... I don't know if you read any of the other challenge thread, but I was so so so stuck for awhile there! It's soooo frustrating, I know! The only thing I changed was upping my water & tracking every bite. I really didn't change the way I'm eating, though. Body just finally decided to give up & let the weight go... thank GOD!

Rough rough rough day emotionally yesterday, got kiddo's last plane ticket home from school, cancelled our reservations for Parent's weekend and bawled off and on through most of it. lol. As no surprise following that emotional mess, TOM arrived this morning. lol No loss, but no gain. Hopefully the scale will start moving with his departure in a few days.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Morning everyone! Danielle, hang in there... I don't know if you read any of the other challenge thread, but I was so so so stuck for awhile there! It's soooo frustrating, I know! The only thing I changed was upping my water & tracking every bite. I really didn't change the way I'm eating, though. Body just finally decided to give up & let the weight go... thank GOD!

Rough rough rough day emotionally yesterday, got kiddo's last plane ticket home from school, cancelled our reservations for Parent's weekend and bawled off and on through most of it. lol. As no surprise following that emotional mess, TOM arrived this morning. lol No loss, but no gain. Hopefully the scale will start moving with his departure in a few days.
Hope you feel better soon. Eat you some 90% dark chocolate and feel better

I also ate too much yesterday. I'm kind of doing an experiment to see how many carbs my body can actually tolerate and lose, along with calories. I've been so strict this whole process, no more than 20g total carbs, but after last weekend when I was sick and ate peanuts and almond flour breads, and still lost, I'm thinking I can actually eat more and count net carbs. Like I said, it's an experiment. Soooooooooooo scared cuz I bought some Mission lc tortillas. It's hard for me not to eat the whole pack, which would botch my experiment, so I have to try to eat 1 Not today though.

Yesterday I found a store here that lets you ground your own almond butter fresh.......never had it before and have been wanting to try it but a jar is so expensive, this you buy by the oz. I got 0.4oz and lets just say it's gone.

My calories yesterday were about 2231, total carbs58.05, net carbs 24.05 give or take. Still sitting at 213.4. Didn't gain, but didn't lose, which is shocking I was sure Ide be up today. Plus I worked out and burned about 650calories.

Sooooo anyhoo, I keep finding myself more and more gravitating towards JUDDD lol. Like, small changes here and there and it's kind of what I'm doing. Except I dunno if I could tell myself it was ok to eat some of the higher carb things some people over there eat. I'll do this experiment first.

K done rambling
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Tami, know there are great things in your son's future!!!!!!

Michelle - come join the dark side (aka JUDDD) if nothing else to shock your body with the change. THe only issue you MIGHT have is on DD's and workouts. In the beginning there was no way I could work out, hardcore, on down days but you may find it totally different.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Monica-I don't think DD's will be an issue. I have been keeping around 500calories most of the week (before I took my break) and a day or two I would be around 2000. I'm not sure yet.
MsWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Michelle & Monica I know he'll be ok. Yesterday's roller coaster was mostly fueled by pms. Cancelling the parent weekend reservations really threw me for a loop. He was at a military academy and remembering our first parent weekend, taking him out to dinner and seeing all of the other cadets in town out to dinner with their parents. I've never been more proud and it felt so good knowing he was part of something much bigger than himself, much bigger than our family could provide for him. Sigh. Anyway. Doing much better on all accounts this morning! Thanks for listening. I've been trying not to whine in front of the rest of my family so venting on facebook or anything like that are out.

Michelle, I love love love almond butter! Glad you found someplace you can grind it yourself! Our nearest grocery store has that option & it's so good! A half of a green apple, sliced thin and dipped in almond butter used to be one of my favorite snacks. Not ready to up my carbs that high yet, but looking forward to that again in the future. Yum! Love your experiment, too. I love learning how my body tolerates different things. Hope you can continue to eat the higher amounts & still lose!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle~ You are doing great!!! I have thought about trying JUDD, but not sure. What I have been doing has been working pretty good, but I like the idea of eating some higher carb foods every once in awhile.

Tami~ Sorry that yesterday was such a roller coaster. I agree with Monica, There are great things in his future. You just have to sit back and see what it is.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Tami~ Sorry that yesterday was such a roller coaster. I agree with Monica, There are great things in his future. You just have to sit back and see what it is.
Thank you
Old 06-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

TAMI!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Tami, I completely understand where you are coming from. My son, he's only 13 but has been in gifted classes since 1st grade. He also plays guitar. I laugh and inform people, GUITAR is just a hobby, it is NOT and will NOT be his destination! Obviously, at 13, who knows what is in store for him....I might get the shock of my life when he tells me he is ditching college for his "career in music!" I pray that doesn't happen, so I can see why this is all emotional to you! If I were in your shoes, it would be for me too!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-69.html
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Tami, I completely understand where you are coming from. My son, he's only 13 but has been in gifted classes since 1st grade. He also plays guitar. I laugh and inform people, GUITAR is just a hobby, it is NOT and will NOT be his destination! Obviously, at 13, who knows what is in store for him....I might get the shock of my life when he tells me he is ditching college for his "career in music!" I pray that doesn't happen, so I can see why this is all emotional to you! If I were in your shoes, it would be for me too!
LOL Yep, you get it DS was also a recruited athlete, but the coach that recruited him was replaced as we were *on our way!* to dropping him off at school. Yikes! Our only real human connection was leaving before we even dropped him off. It hasn't been as good of a fit with the new coach and he quit playing this year to concentrate on academics. Part of me wonders if athletics is the driving factor here, but he says it isn't. Who knows. At 20 I would have told my parents anything to keep them off my back. lol
Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
At 20 I would have told my parents anything to keep them off my back. lol
TRUE THAT!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Tami, my heart goes out to you, and my kid isn't even a teenager yet.

I guess all I can say is we parents have to have some confidence that we raised them right, and when they do stuff we don't understand it's because they're marching to the beat of that drummer only they can hear...that it won't just turn out "all right", it will turn out "right" in ways that his former path would not have.

Gee, I hope my son becomes a rock star. (um, not really.)

MsWoods, from what I can tell, you don't HAVE to do higher carb just because you do JUDDD. If you're not comfortable with carbs, leave them alone until such time - if it ever comes - that you ARE comfortable with them.

Personally, I'm finding that keeping the carbs down to a dull roar is helping make the DDs a piece of cake. Wait, not piece of cake. Um...a cinch.

I don't have any trouble with exercise and DDs, but then I don't exercise like you guys do, either. (I do chase an energetic 8 year old. Does that count?) But I'm finding that my energy level on DDs is through the roof all day!!

How'd your mom's cat scan go?

Outofseason, I'm a mongolian beef girl myself.

Danielle, you know it's probably just water retention! I know it's frustrating. Hang in there.

I'm doing great on JUDDD, it's really easy and feels natural.

Yesterday I weighed and the scale said 180 (after a DD), so I'm back to the beginning of the challenge, weight-wise. However...my measurements are 1 inch down in several places, so that's a good thing.

Onward and downward, my friends!! Have a good day!!

Lynne

500/2000 until the end of the challenge with NO TWEAKS.

Reality is still the boss, after all these years.
lynne2u is online now   Reply With Quote